• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 10

Started by Pfan1115, December 09, 2014, 09:09:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pfan1115

Who is the top 10 boys teams now that the season is underway?

PuddlePirate12

1. Emerson
2. Bay
3. Wonderview
4. Kirby
5. Jasper

Good luck with the next 5 cuz I have no idea

HorseFeathers

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on December 09, 2014, 09:44:02 pm
1. Emerson
2. Bay
3. Wonderview
4. Kirby
5. Jasper

*cough*Homer*cough*

WhatsUrRingSize

1. Emerson
2. Bay
3. Wonderview
4. Kirby
5. Jasper

I will do my top 10 Sat night on my way back to Bay from Emerson.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: WhatsUrRingSize on December 09, 2014, 10:03:02 pm
1. Emerson
2. Bay
3. Wonderview
4. Kirby
5. Jasper

When is Bay at County Line? or Scranton, whichever one they settled on.

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: HF on December 09, 2014, 10:05:07 pm
1. Emerson
2. Bay
3. Wonderview
4. Kirby
5. Jasper

Bay goes to CL Friday night  then drives to Emerson to play  Sat night.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: WhatsUrRingSize on December 09, 2014, 10:08:51 pm
1. Emerson
2. Bay
3. Wonderview
4. Kirby
5. Jasper

Darn shame that it's this Friday night.....I'll be Little Rock watching football..

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: HF on December 09, 2014, 10:09:50 pm
Quote from: WhatsUrRingSize on December 09, 2014, 10:08:51 pm
1. Emerson
2. Bay
3. Wonderview
4. Kirby
5. Jasper

Darn shame that it's this Friday night.....I'll be Little Rock watching football..
You will have fun watching someone win a state championship.

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: HF on December 09, 2014, 09:49:16 pm
1. Emerson
2. Bay
3. Wonderview
4. Kirby
5. Jasper

*cough*Homer*cough*

What does this *cough*Homer*cough* mean? Lol I don't keep up with the lingo of y'all youngsters these days 8)

J.D.

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on December 09, 2014, 11:06:10 pm
1. Emerson
2. Bay
3. Wonderview
4. Kirby
5. Jasper

*cough*Homer*cough*

What does this *cough*Homer*cough* mean? Lol I don't keep up with the lingo of y'all youngsters these days 8)

Now I may be wrong about this, but what I think he is trying to say is Homer Simpson should be in your Top 10. 

D6Bound

Quote from: J.D. on December 10, 2014, 04:39:03 am
Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on December 09, 2014, 11:06:10 pm
1. Emerson
2. Bay
3. Wonderview
4. Kirby
5. Jasper

*cough*Homer*cough*

Now I may be wrong about this, but what I think he is trying to say is Homer Simpson should be in your Top 10.
Don't forget about Peter Griffin  8)

Bigbird2012

I think I'm gonna have to be like "WhatsUrRingSize" and make my top 10 after the game Saturday. Bay and Emerson are both two very good teams. Although I would love to say Emerson is going to get the W Saturday I cant get to confident yet because I know Bay is also a good team and either way the game turns out these are still two of the top teams in 1A basketball.

PuddlePirate12

Yeah I agree but as of today Emerson is number one in my book.. If were going to wait we might as well wait til march after the state finals. My top team as of when this topic was posted was Emerson. But I agree either Emerson or Bay will be number one after Saturday and depending on the score the other may be #2 still.. Or if one or the other loess by 30 they may not be. I can't see this being a blowout either way though. I may be in for a suprise

Moonshiner

December 10, 2014, 11:50:30 am #13 Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 11:54:17 am by Moonshiner
Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on December 10, 2014, 09:52:30 am
Yeah I agree but as of today Emerson is number one in my book.. If were going to wait we might as well wait til march after the state finals. My top team as of when this topic was posted was Emerson. But I agree either Emerson or Bay will be number one after Saturday and depending on the score the other may be #2 still.. Or if one or the other loess by 30 they may not be. I can't see this being a blowout either way though. I may be in for a suprise

If I've read these posts right , Bay is driving to play a quality opponent on Friday, then driving to play another quality opponent on Saturday? Lots of travel factored in and the fact they are playing away from NEA.....if Bay wins them both that speaks volumes.
Gotta give them credit, they are playing a tough schedule.

J.D.

Bay does a fantastic job of scheduling tough matchups for their kids.  Not only does it test their resolve early on but it gives them a look at what they might go up against in the state tournament. 

TheHardTruth

Scranton definitely belongs in the mix. Easily beat one of the best 3A teams Charleston tonight.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: TheHardTruth on December 10, 2014, 07:51:56 pm
Scranton definitely belongs in the mix. Easily beat one of the best 3A teams Charleston tonight.

How many starters/players is Charleston missing for football?

TheHardTruth

Two starters, but I can't imagine they'd make that much of a difference. Two best players by far are Matthew Ward and Andrew Smith, and they both played tonight.

PuddlePirate12

Really? They lost to Jasper, Alpena, and Wonderview earlier.. Before then I had them #3 but after Roby scored 56 and they still lost I wasn't sure. Glad to see they have bounced back!!

Also, is it just me or is 3a the weakest classification? 1a teams have been beating 3a teams up all year. I would think even mid level 3a schools should be able to handle upper level 1a schools pretty easily

TheHardTruth

It's weird. County Line beat Paris and Norfork beat Flippin and Scranton beat Charleston. At the same time, Paris beat Roland, OK twice, Flippin beat Jasper, and Charleston beat Prairie Grove, Lincoln, and Fort Smith Southside and only lost to Van Buren by one. If anything, 3A appears to be wildly inconsistent.

PuddlePirate12

It just seems like you could take a top 1a team, put them in 3a and they would still be a top team.. 2a is pretty deep this year I believe and their top teams would beat 1a top teams I believe. But Emerson could play JC in dual state over Christmas break but if not they play in January. Good test for Emerson So well see if 2a is as much better than 1a as I believe

TheHardTruth

There isn't near the disparity in basketball as people think. Top teams in most classes are really good, regardless of size. Period. The difference is in the amount of cellar-dwellers. The bad teams in 1A tend to be really bad.

PuddlePirate12

I just find it strange. Emerson played Conway this summer and beat them. Idk if they are upper level 7a or a cellar dweller but it seems a school with 500+ kids in a class should destroy a school that will graduate 15 this year.. And I say 500.. They may have 800 idk lol

Moonshiner

Quote from: TheHardTruth on December 10, 2014, 08:30:03 pm
It's weird. County Line beat Paris and Norfork beat Flippin and Scranton beat Charleston. At the same time, Paris beat Roland, OK twice, Flippin beat Jasper, and Charleston beat Prairie Grove, Lincoln, and Fort Smith Southside and only lost to Van Buren by one. If anything, 3A appears to be wildly inconsistent.

Irrelevant I suppose, but Prairie Grove isn't that good.  The big kid can play but spends most of his time showing his behind. They almost lost to Omaha tonight at the Green Forest tournament.

eoutlaw

Is Emerson and Taylor not the same school?

Bigbird2012

Emerson, Taylor & Bradley are all in the same district I believe. I think it was just Emerson & Taylor before this year when they took in Bradley

PuddlePirate12

Emerson, Taylor, and Bradley all have their own campuses but are in the same school district

littlec2964

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on December 11, 2014, 10:07:43 am
Emerson, Taylor, and Bradley all have their own campuses but are in the same school district

Not that I want it to happen, but just think if those 3 schools were 1. Not sure where the numbers would put them, high 2A or 3A, but they would be tough in basketball, baseball and softball wherever they landed.

PuddlePirate12

Taylor and Bradley already play baseball together... Or did last year

AVGBBFAN

Pretty clear Bay is #1 now after big wins over CL and Emerson after a long bus ride to play them.   Who is 2-5 in everyone's mind?  hughes will make some noise  - who else?

basketballmom#3

#1 Bay
#2 Emerson
#3 Jasper
#4 Kirby
#5 Wonderview

HorseFeathers

Quote from: AVGBBFAN on December 13, 2014, 09:32:37 pm
Pretty clear Bay is #1 now after big wins over CL and Emerson after a long bus ride to play them.   Who is 2-5 in everyone's mind?  hughes will make some noise  - who else?

From what I've heard, Hughes is like last years Kipp Delta....lots of athletes, but can't be bothered to play half court, or a whole lot of defense. Is this about right?

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: HF on December 14, 2014, 12:52:47 am

From what I've heard, Hughes is like last years Kipp Delta....lots of athletes, but can't be bothered to play half court, or a whole lot of defense. Is this about right?
Bay goes to Hughes Thur night after they host Brookland Monday and Marmaduke tues. This is a great test for the Jackets

AVGBBFAN

What time is the game in Hughes?  I am flying into memphis Thursday night and might have to make a detour home.

Bigbird2012

1 Bay
2 Emerson
3 Jasper
4 Kirby
5 Wonderview

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: AVGBBFAN on December 15, 2014, 12:59:06 am
What time is the game in Hughes?  I am flying into memphis Thursday night and might have to make a detour home.
I would say around 7

WhatsUrRingSize

I was told by a very good source that Hughes is very good. Bay 63-49 final @ Hughes.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: WhatsUrRingSize on December 18, 2014, 07:22:26 pm

I was told by a very good source that Hughes is very good. Bay 63-49 final @ Hughes.

I'm just questioning it, cause I heard from a very good source that Hughes isn't as good as some are making them out to be....So...what's the scouting report on the blue devils?

J.D.

Quote from: HF on December 18, 2014, 07:59:33 pm

I'm just questioning it, cause I heard from a very good source that Hughes isn't as good as some are making them out to be....So...what's the scouting report on the blue devils?

Hughes is not close to last year's KIPP

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: HF on December 18, 2014, 07:59:33 pm

What I was told Is they r good from top to bottom just don't have the super star. Very well coached and play hard and tough.

Silky Johnson

Hughes is a tough place to play. Bay got up 20 in the 3rd and coasted.

smackdat014

Top 5

1. Bay- best 1A team I've seen in few years
2. Emerson- solid team, bout like bay

3. Kirby- pretty good team, gonna make a run in state
4. Wonderview
5. Jasper

Not to sure about my 5, top four are pretty solid though.

ballmember

1-Bay]
2-Emerson
3-ICC
4-Wonderview
5-Scranton
6-Jasper

epotts

After a couple months of High School Basketball my top 10 is as follows:
1. Emerson
2. Bay
3. ICC
4. Norfork
5. Jasper
6. Wonderview
7. Kirby
8. Alpena
9. Scranton
10. County Line

Silky Johnson

I have a similar top 10 epotts. I would switch 1 and 2 because bay beat Emerson. 3-7 could really go in any order as long as ICC stays above Norfork.

PuddlePirate12

December 19, 2014, 05:11:23 pm #45 Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 04:28:08 pm by PuddlePirate12
1. Bay
2.Wonderview
3. Emerson
4. Kirby
5. Jasper
6.County Line
7. ICC
8. Norfork
9. Alpena
10. Scranton

Maxpreps Playoff Prediction has it:
1. Bay
2. Emerson
3. ICC
4. County Line
5. Wonderview
6. Kirby
7. Jasper
8. Norfork
9. Hughes
10. Scranton

epotts

Really and truthfully Norfork could best ICC. The first time they played ICC at ICC they were down 1 in OT and could have won but they threw the ball out of bounds on a miscue. It will be an interesting matchup if they meet again in districts

Mr. Basketball

Quote from: epotts on December 20, 2014, 02:48:03 pm
Really and truthfully Norfork could best ICC. The first time they played ICC at ICC they were down 1 in OT and could have won but they threw the ball out of bounds on a miscue. It will be an interesting matchup if they meet again in districts

You may be right but I wouldn't forget that ICC was up 10 at Norfork recently and a couple of meaningless baskets late by Norfork could only get it to down to 7. Also, ICC just beat Viola by 18 and Mammoth by 19 and Norfork struggled to beat both of them recently. That said, it is tough to beat a team 3 times but I wouldn't sell ICC short, epotts.

epotts

I'm not sellin anyone short. ICC and Norfork are the two best teams in the 1A 2 North no question. I feel though that you can't judge other conference games because teams match up with each other different. A win is win by 1 or 100 though

Moonshiner

Whoever wins in February laughs last.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas