• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Conway St. Joseph Classic Sr.Boys

Started by Clutch03, December 01, 2014, 02:41:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Clutch03

St. Joseph - Perryville - Dec.2nd @ 8:15

Lonoke - Guy - Dec.1st @ 5:45

Wonderview - Mayflower - Dec.2nd @ 5:45

England - Vilonia - Dec.1st @ 8:15

Clutch03

St.Joseph got the easiest matchup: in the words of FreeMoney (cellar dwelling Perryville) and Guy gets winner but wonder if Lonoke was any good at all if Guy beat em?

Wonderview beat Mayflower by 13 or better.. I'm sure Mayflower was picked to win but must have been another cellar dweller :)

Anyway Vilonia plays Wonderview: In my opinion the two best teams..Shoulda been on opposite sides of the bracket but anyway, this will be an extremely tough game for Wonderview..

tiger34

I have a news flash for you, St. Joseph sucks

Clutch03

Quote from: tiger34 on December 03, 2014, 08:00:07 am
That's what I'm sayn..the two worst teams playing each other.. The seeding of this classic sucked.. But I guess u couldn't understand what I already stated..thanks for your news flash

JustaFan

Does anyone know the scores in the girls bracket?

FreeMoney

Quote from: Clutch03 on December 03, 2014, 10:15:53 am
That's what I'm sayn..the two worst teams playing each other.. The seeding of this classic sucked.. But I guess u couldn't understand what I already stated..thanks for your news flash
Clutch I don't think you understand the seeding process for an invitational tournament.  St Joseph coaches probably seeded THEIR tournament the way they chose. Another lesson learned another lesson taught.

Clutch03

Quote from: FreeMoney on December 03, 2014, 02:50:31 pm
Quote from: Clutch03 on December 03, 2014, 10:15:53 am
Clutch I don't think you understand the seeding process for an invitational tournament.  St Joseph coaches probably seeded THEIR tournament the way they chose. Another lesson learned another lesson taught.
I understand it quite well actually St.joseph wants the worst team to play because its their classic..HELLO!! Now, listen hear Cellar Dweller!! Care if I call u that since you like to call a certain team that? U Wasted 10 seconds of my time reading your comment

FreeMoney

December 03, 2014, 05:45:44 pm #7 Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 05:53:09 pm by FreeMoney
Call me whatever you want!! But at least come with an educated viewpoint on how things work which obviously you do not understand. Next time try please try to find something you know at least enough about to make a valid argument without your obviously youthful opinion driving your thoughts on the subject. Wait---- this might be a little much for you. Let me simplify--- you don't know anything about how any of this works. Go find the St Joseph coaches-well respected men I might add-- and let them tell you what I just told you because I know they would. As a wise old man once told me-- Son you don't have to like it you have to live with it. You will get quite an education here if you choose. You just have to be a willing participant.

Clutch03

Quote from: FreeMoney on December 03, 2014, 05:45:44 pm
Call me whatever you want!! But at least come with an educated viewpoint on how things work which obviously you do not understand. Next time try please try to find something you know at least enough about to make a valid argument without your obviously youthful opinion driving your thoughts on the subject. Wait---- this might be a little much for you. Let me simplify--- you don't know anything about how any of this works. Go find the St Joseph coaches-well respected men I might add-- and let them tell you what I just told you because I know they would. As a wise old man once told me-- Son you don't have to like it you have to live with it. You will get quite an education here if you choose. You just have to be a willing participant.
Wow! Once again ignorance at its finest..never argued anything just had an opinion and that's it..but since your so old and wise lets hear it??  Explain away on something i never agued but gave an opinion..Your the one that has the problem with my OPINION..any chance an old man ever told ya that if you cant say something good about someone (cellar dwellers) then keep that mouth shut...

FreeMoney

I feel less intelligent after trying to decipher that rambling jibberish. Yes I'm very wise and not so old. And I did learn from a wise man once that you gotta know when to fold. So I fold. When you gonna learn? I'm out!! Good luck to all the teams and especially The St. Joseph coaches who for years have put together and successfully ran one of the best INVITATIONAL tournaments in central Arkansas :-[

Clutch03

Quote from: FreeMoney on December 03, 2014, 07:38:08 pm
I feel less intelligent after trying to decipher that rambling jibberish. Yes I'm very wise and not so old. And I did learn from a wise man once that you gotta know when to fold. So I fold. When you gonna learn? I'm out!! Good luck to all the teams and especially The St. Joseph coaches who for years have put together and successfully ran one of the best INVITATIONAL tournaments in central Arkansas :-[
You knew I had the better hand..

J.D.

Soooooooo anyways.. When does the Vilonia/Wonderview game start?

Clutch03

gobblerfire

According to my bracket WV/Vilonia girls tip at 4:30.

FreeMoney

So what is the remaining schedule for this very respected invitational tournament? I need to come down tonight and see for myself how much this tournament has bombed according to the minor few. Haven't checked in on Joe, Chris, and Brent in a while. They probably need my input on how to run this thing LOL

Forrest City H

There were some good games tonight, played in front of a full house.  The Vilonia/Wonderview girls game was a tense, entertaining defensive battle, with Vilonia winning 36-32.  The Zimmerman girl for Wonderview who signed with the Razorbacks is the real deal! Vilonia boys then beat Wonderview 64-48 after leading by just 4 going into the 4th quarter.  Perryville vs. Lonoke was an aggressive battle of very big girls teams, with Perryville pulling away in the 2nd half. Not sure who won the last boys game.  The 3rd place girls game is around 2:30 Saturday (Wonderview vs. Lonoke) followed by the 3rd place boys game.  The girls championship is schedule for 5:20, and the boys championship to follow.   

FreeMoney

So how did the championship games turn out today?

vhsladyeagles

Vilonia Lady Eagles defeated Perryville 53-47 to win the girls championship and Vilonia Eagles defeated St Joe in the boys championship game with a score of 38-35 on a last second 3 point shot by Austin Newell of Vilonia.  I was told Wonderview girls and boys both took 3rd place. 

FreeMoney

So Vilonia arguably the best team in the tournament only beat the worst team by 3 at the buzzer. Sounds like a great tournament again this year. Can't wait till next year.

Clutch03

Yeah, St. Joseph only beat Guy by 4pts...and then Wonderview beats Guy back to back by 15 and 16 pts..Vilonias point guard which is one of their best players if not the best player got poked in the eye right from the tip of the game and set out for quite awhile..It's got alot to do with match ups on the court and how well a team plays..doesn't matter how much you win by: a win is a win

FreeMoney

Clutch03

FreeMoney

Nope lots of friends there though. Through the years not a better overall total sports school in the area. Great coaches talent and fan support in all sports. No one better through the total body of work.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas