• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Williams Baptist College Tournament

Started by Silky Johnson, November 10, 2014, 12:58:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AVGBBFAN

The Pocahontas girls team is very good. 54-31 win and was never close.

jacket3

Batman44

Hogfan167

Surprising score. Much higher scoring game than I thought it would be

bball101

PuddlePirate12

Is Pokey the top team in 4a? Even if they aren't not a bad loss for Bay

AVGBBFAN

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on December 05, 2014, 10:35:32 pm
Is Pokey the top team in 4a? Even if they aren't not a bad loss for Bay

I don't know about the rest of the state, but I have seen Brookland and Westside play and they are much more athletic than either of them.   They are quick and move the ball well and can shoot 3 or 4 positions deep. Also, well coached.

redskinsfan

Great win for the Redskins. Pocahontas led by 14 to 19 points the entire 2nd half. Pocahontas led by Nick Smith with 31 points and Cory Kaczmarski with 23 points.

PuddlePirate12

redskinsfan

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on December 05, 2014, 10:50:10 pm
How many did Watson score

I think 39. I would say he shot about 30% or so from the field. Lots of forced 3's. He had several free throws too.

PuddlePirate12

Dang.. Did Pokey run man? It seems like it would be hard to run man on them with so many weapons

BoxNOne

I didn't see it but I've never seen Pokey play much zone.

Silky Johnson

December 06, 2014, 01:50:46 am #62 Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 02:30:36 am by Silky Johnson
Bay didn't move the ball well against Pokey and the Redskins came out stroking it. Smith scored from everywhere and #10 might not have missed a shot, I think he hit 6-7 three pointers. They're a dangerous team that is deep. Bay has to play better defense but they guarded the 6'6 guy alright. It was a physical game that I think the refs called fairly well,they didn't anticipate on any calls. Watson had 41 but I don't know what anyone else scored for bay. Pritchett never really got going offensively and Bay has to make more throws.  Also Watson, Layne, and Pritchett fouled out in the 4th.

BoxNOne

Although it sounds like defense was most of the problem last night, bay needs to get more out of Pritchett. He is too talented not to at least get double digits IMO.

redskinsfan

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on December 05, 2014, 11:08:48 pm
Dang.. Did Pokey run man? It seems like it would be hard to run man on them with so many weapons

Yes, Pocahontas played man the whole game.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Silky Johnson on December 06, 2014, 01:50:46 am
Bay didn't move the ball well against Pokey and the Redskins came out stroking it. Smith scored from everywhere and #10 might not have missed a shot, I think he hit 6-7 three pointers. They're a dangerous team that is deep. Bay has to play better defense but they guarded the 6'6 guy alright. It was a physical game that I think the refs called fairly well,they didn't anticipate on any calls. Watson had 41 but I don't know what anyone else scored for bay. Pritchett never really got going offensively and Bay has to make more throws.  Also Watson, Layne, and Pritchett fouled out in the 4th.

Hard to get going if you have a teammate putting up 40 while only shooting in the 30% range....Gotta wonder if this will start effecting the chemistry of the team soon...

PuddlePirate12

Probably not as long as they're winning but if they lose a few more I could see it being a problem

HorseFeathers

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on December 06, 2014, 01:12:06 pm
Probably not as long as they're winning but if they lose a few more I could see it being a problem

Yeah....Double Edged sword getting a guy like Watson that appears to want to shoot it a bunch!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas