• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Williams Baptist College Tournament

Started by Silky Johnson, November 10, 2014, 12:58:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Silky Johnson

Bay has the 1 seed and will play the winner of Sloan-Hendrix and Viola. This is the seeding for the tournament
1. Bay
2. Pocahontas
3. Jonesboro-Westside
4.Marmaduke
5. Riverside
6. Corning
7. Walnut Ridge
8. Sloan-Hendrix
9. Viola
10. Hillcrest
11. Tuckerman
12. Maynard

WPWells

I love tournaments like this with more than 8 teams and no consolation games

NEA Razorback olfan

I'll take
Pocahontas in Boys
Marmaduke in Girls

WPWells

I like Pokey as well. How many football players will be key contributors?

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 10, 2014, 02:48:04 pm
I like Pokey as well. How many football players will be key contributors?

Someone from Pokey would have to let us know on that, I know they are picked they Favorite as of right now in the 3-4A.  Size and good guards, they should make a deep run in State

Silky Johnson

I have Bay vs Pocahontas in the finals. I'm sure Pokey and Westside will be a good semi final match up considering they are conference foes.

BoxNOne

I'll take Bay in boys and even without knowing the girls field, Marmaduke would be a safe choice.

Sports Fan25

It'll be tough for Pocahontas boys to win this even with football players, but they still would have a great chance to win it.  Two starting guards are football players, along with about 10 others.  Have 3 starters in basketball right now including the 6'7 Coach's kid.  They will be a fun team to watch who will defend to the end.  With the football players I worry about offense as that will come as the season progresses, but with Coach Brewington they are going to guard, guard, and guard some more.  They are a fun team to watch.

Grizzlyfive0

November 11, 2014, 08:48:08 am #8 Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 08:50:31 am by Grizzlyfive0
Bay and Pokey in the finals with the jackets winnin a close one. Im just waiting for the team to jel and start playing up to potentile.

Batman44

PuddlePirate12

BoxNOne

I believe this tournament usually starts the Sarurday after Thanksgiving but not positive.

Baller_34

What time do games start today and is anybody keeping updates? 

bball101

The bracket shows the 1st boys game to be Sloan Hendrix & Viola at 2:15.

BoxNOne

Boys:
Riverside 82 Maynard 66
Viola 68 Sloan Hendrix 66
Walnut Ridge 52 Hillcrest 39
Corning 60 Tuckerman 59

Girls:
Hillcrest 44 Maynard 35
Viola 63 Walnut Ridge 41

Batman44

BoxNOne

Today's games:

Girls
4:30 Batesville Southside vs Sloan Hendrix
7:10 Viola vs Corning

Boys
5:50 Riverside vs Marmaduke
8:30 Bay vs Viola

Batman44

I plan on making the Wed night games at WBC. Anyone in the central AR area who would like to go is more than welcome.

WhatsUrRingSize

Batman44

AVGBBFAN

Riverside over Marmaduke 69-63.
Corning girls up by 15 in the third quarter.

NEArkie

AVGBBFAN

Bay with a 90-57 statement.
This team looks good.

Hogfan167

AVGBBFAN

Silky Johnson

BoxNOne

Today's semifinals:

Girls
4:30 Corning vs Batesville Southside
7:10 Marmaduke vs Pocahontas

Boys
5:50 Westside vs Pocahontas
8:30 Bay vs Riverside

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

BoxNOne

Bay over Riverside by 20 at halftime is a score I just heard. Bay appears to be rounding into shape now.

NEA Razorback olfan

Box,
Bay vs Pokey should be a good one!!

Our girls play Paragould at GCT at 4
Our Jr girls play Harrisburg at WSide at 5:30
Our Boys play BIC at Jonesboro at 8:30

Whew ... A lot of basketball tomorrow ..lol

BoxNOne

Also, Highland girls over Marmaduke by five. That is a major upset. Bay over Riverside 61-49 after 3quarters.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: BoxNOne on December 03, 2014, 10:19:00 pm
Also, Highland girls over Marmaduke by five. That is a major upset. Bay over Riverside 61-49 after 3quarters.

You mean Pokey girls over Marmaduke 50-45

NEA Razorback olfan

BoxNOne

You are correct, Olfan. The text I got with the score said Highland and threw me off. Makes more sense but still a big upset. Riverside boys had been playing pretty good lately. Good win for Bay.

NEA Razorback olfan

I saw it on WBC Twitter , Bay is tough, I haven't seen the scoring , I bet Watson had around 30 pts tonight

BoxNOne

Yea, with 80 Watson and Pritchett probably in 20-30 range.

J.D.

BoxNOne

Yea JD, Bay had 80 as a team. Figured Watson and Pritchett were both in 20-30 range. According to Jonesboro Sun Watson had 25 and Pritchett only 14.

Hogfan167

Brady doesn't recruit many freshmen. He brings in a lot of junior college players. Huge jump from 1A to ASU. But if he's going down there he is going for some reason. I'm sure he has seen Watson so it must be the other kid.

Hogfan167

doubled

I've seen both play and neither are D1 to me. But both are darn good.

PuddlePirate12

Revels has had two knee surgerys.. If he had two good knees he would be that much better

Bigbird2012

I agree! I knew of the one but I didn't know he had another one. Hopefully he will have a great season without any accidents especially with his Senior year approaching and having possible prospects.

bball101

Quote from: Batman44 on December 01, 2014, 11:42:45 am
I plan on making the Wed night games at WBC. Anyone in the central AR area who would like to go is more than welcome.

[Batman, did you get to make the trip Wed night]

PuddlePirate12

Batman44

bb101, Yes, I did make it Wed. night. Great games! Pokey and Bay in finals tonight. Had planned to go, but think I will sit this one out. It will be one heck of a game. Brewington for Pokey, and a very good supporting cast. Bay, with Watson, Layne, Pritchett, and a host of others will give them all they want, and maybe more. Both teams are exciting to watch. I will say that it seemed to me that Riverside tried everything they could do to get in Watson's head, and he handled it all with class. Proud for him.

Hogfan167

Batman44

Yep, like I mentioned on Baywatch. Like the popcorn at WBC, Bay a little too salty for Pokey:)

PuddlePirate12

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas