• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Baywatch

Started by pootnscoot, September 08, 2014, 11:18:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman44

Yep, I believe so. Pokey is good.

pootnscoot

Bay got the bats out this year.  Appears several of the kids off the state championship basketball team are performing well on the diamond.

NEArkie

March 21, 2015, 06:51:54 pm #152 Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 07:29:02 pm by NEArkie
Quote from: pootnscoot on March 21, 2015, 01:35:16 pm
Bay got the bats out this year.  Appears several of the kids off the state championship basketball team are performing well on the diamond.
Yes they are out...the last I heard they were 4-0.

Oldref

April 01, 2015, 07:51:46 pm #153 Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 08:35:34 pm by Oldref
Quote from: D6Bound on September 19, 2014, 04:13:20 pm
Quote from: Silky Johnson on September 19, 2014, 02:35:03 pm
Heard they might redo the floor again because certain areas have spots that are smudged or need to be touched up.
Epotts or any of our buddies in the 1A-2 North know anything about the Norfork classic yet?
They also forgot the 2015 state champs on their floor too ;)
Its ordered now and should be on the floor soon.
Having to re-work the west end of the gym to hold the new state champs picture and banner. Should have it ready soon.

Silky Johnson

Heard that Bay is already going to be getting in plenty of games this summer. Besides playing in their Bay team camp and having camp at Brookland they'll be traveling out of the state for a few camps. The camps are in Memphis, Cordova, Tenn., and the first one they have is in Kansas.

WhatsUrRingSize

How is everyone doing I have been enjoying another great ride from the Bay Sr Boys  and a 3rd state  championship in 5 years. It has been almost 3 mths so I thought I would get back on and see whats been going on ( not much as you can see). I do want to talk about one thing today. Bay/BIC this has been a home and away series every year since BIC has been a school but not next year. BIC called Bay and said they was not playing us anymore. So if your on BIC schedule and you beat them a couple of years in a row you will not be playing them anymore ( unless your a conf game bc Earle would not be on the schedule lol) I don't think this had anything to do with Coach Taylor but the head big dog ( Gaylon Taylor) is the one that made the call.There is one chance Bay/BIC  could still meet and that would be in the NEA DEC. Bay doesn't need BIC we just went out and got Rivercrest who will be better competition. I hope everyone has a great summer and I will update how the state champs do over the summer. 

Silky Johnson

Don't know who BIC will add on their schedule but they don't really have an excuse for dropping bay. I know last year the first game of the year they beat Bay @BIC but they only beat that young group by like 2-3 points. That was the first win in 6 or 7 years for them over the Yellowjackets and Bay blew them out quite a few times in that span. Also know that Coach Watson is staying for those that thought he would have a one and done year.

Oldref

Quote from: Silky Johnson on June 07, 2015, 08:08:38 pm
Don't know who BIC will add on their schedule but they don't really have an excuse for dropping bay. I know last year the first game of the year they beat Bay @BIC but they only beat that young group by like 2-3 points. That was the first win in 6 or 7 years for them over the Yellowjackets and Bay blew them out quite a few times in that span. Also know that Coach Watson is staying for those that thought he would have a one and done year.
BIC did beat Bay by 3 at BIC the first game of the 13-14 season. Was Bill Taylor first game back at BIC and is was a packed house and a great game.......Bay started two freshmen, two Sophomores and a senior that night against BIC. Bay has won three straight against BIC since that night  including a pair of double digit wins this past year. Bay and Monette....... now BIC........ have played every year since basketball became a high school sport in Arkansas and have always been rivals but not this coming year. I know BIC kids want to play the game just like the Bay kids do........ its a shame the superintendent at BIC put an end to it because of  personal reasons. Guess that is one way to stop a losing streak.

Batman44

I understand Bay made a great showing in Kansas, against some of the larger, successful programs. Congrats! Will be looking forward to Bay/BIC when they do play!

Silky Johnson

Will have to ask around but it seems Colton Watson may be playing basketball next year at a program thate close to home for him.

Batman44

Hey Silky, that sounds like good news!

Oldref

Guess it is time to add the Bay Sr girls to the watch list. They are unbelievably young but very talented. Won the Rib City Shootout team camp at Dexter last weekend going 6-2 in two days. One of those losses was to 6A Cape Girardeau  Notre Dame.  Every team they beat was a higher classification. Played 5 freshmen, 2 sophomores, and a junior. Sr and two time all state player Katie Ferguson is injured and not playing this summer. If they keep working and getting better they could be in the same conversation with the other good teams in class A. Coach Watson doing a great job with them.

Basketballfan13

ND is a class 4 team in missouri, missouri only does 1-5 on classification. Sounds like a great camp, I have no doubt they will be a top 5 team this year.

Oldref

Thanks... I was just going by what one of their parents told me. He said they had to move up a classification due to the multiplier like we have in Arkansas. ND was the best team there.

Basketballfan13

Dexter should have been the best team there. Dexter went undefeated 8-0 and won their bracket also. There are usually multiple brackets at the rib city. Dexter won their conference last year, ND finished 3rd but both teams returned everyone for this year I believe. ND is always a tough team to beat. Big private school.

Oldref

I heard Dexter, ND, and Poplar Bluff were all really good. Bay was scheduled to play Poplar Bluff but they dropped out and went to someplace else. Nice event and a really nice facility to have play it in. I  have a hard enough time keeping up with Arkansas basketball this is the only time I see any Missouri teams :)

RedWolf275

Ref, how are Bay girls doing at Nettleton camp?

Oldref

Quote from: RedWolf275 on June 16, 2015, 02:08:35 pm
Ref, how are Bay girls doing at Nettleton camp?
beat highland and EPC yesterday lost to brookland and Marmaduke today. Don't have two players from last week. Brought two eighth graders to help this week. All 8th, freshmen and one sophomore this week at nettleton. Good experience 😄

RedWolf275

Thanks for update.

Basketballfan13

Who did bay girls play at Nettleton today?

Oldref

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on June 18, 2015, 08:48:41 pm
Who did bay girls play at Nettleton today?
No one..... finished the day before.

jacket3

Don't know many details but do know Bay finished in 3rd place at the 2015 MAYB/ Memphis,tn summer basketball tournament, High School Divison at the Lemoyne Owen Col. I do know they played West Memphis and Idlewild

jacketman

Yes, It was an exciting weekend watching the Jackets in Memphis this past weekend. They are still hungry and came ready to play! Nothing but good caliber competition this weekend. Two 20 min halves with a running clock until 2 min left. And for the most part......they let 'em play. Bay did not disappoint and they proved that they can play with anyone. Even up to 7A Class. BayNation will have another exciting season for sure! They are scheduled to be back in Memphis July 11 weekend for another tournament.

FreeMoney

Where was Watson last night??

WhatsUrRingSize

Prob at ASU getting ready for workouts.

HorseFeathers

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: HF on June 29, 2015, 04:53:20 pm
Quote from: WhatsUrRingSize on June 29, 2015, 04:42:02 pm

Bay Sucks
yes ur right 3 out of 5 sucks. IF UR A BAY HATER. Iam sorry guys but Bay is still on top.

WPWells

HorseFeathers

Quote from: WhatsUrRingSize on June 29, 2015, 05:02:26 pm

Bay Sucks
yes ur right 3 out of 5 sucks. IF UR A BAY HATER. Iam sorry guys but Bay is still on top.

I'm not a bay hater...but you'd think eventually the fans would learn some class...eh? I mean you did inbox me calling me a hater, cause you guys had a terrible loss to Marmaduke(Yes it is still a terrible loss no matter how you spin it)

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: HF on June 29, 2015, 05:04:41 pm

Bay Sucks

I'm not a bay hater...but you'd think eventually the fans would learn some class...eh? I mean you did inbox me calling me a hater, cause you guys had a terrible loss to Marmaduke(Yes it is still a terrible loss no matter how you spin it)
I inboxed u bc i was reading some old post and you said the night we lost to Duke we was terrible and that D wouldn't win anything just a friendly reminder sir. Bay working on back to back and 4 out 0f 6.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: WhatsUrRingSize on June 29, 2015, 05:10:41 pm
Quote from: HF on June 29, 2015, 05:04:41 pm

Bay Sucks

I inboxed u bc i was reading some old post and you said the night we lost to Duke we was terrible and that D wouldn't win anything just a friendly reminder sir. Bay working on back to back and 4 out 0f 6.

....smh This is why nobody likes bay....

It has nothing to do with jealousy(I honestly could care less who wins it all), it has to do with all the venom and stuff spewed by the bay "fans"....You get trolled back and get angry...which is the whole point of trolling in the first place....(I do realize the stuff with Shady was waaaay over the line. The guy who revealed who real deal's real identity is way beyond waaay over the line)

FTR...I really enjoyed watching Watson light Emerson up like a Christmas tree...Cause it always amazes me how lazy a team can be on defense and not step out and guard a shooter...

WhatsUrRingSize

What I   can tell you about the best fans in class A is once we all decided not to get back on FF during the season last year is that it was pretty lonely for everyone else bc Bay has a lot of fans on here supporting the state champs. Not much action going on without the Champs around.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: WhatsUrRingSize on June 29, 2015, 05:25:06 pm
What I   can tell you about the best fans in class A is once we all decided not to get back on FF during the season last year is that it was pretty lonely for everyone else bc Bay has a lot of fans on here supporting the state champs. Not much action going on without the Champs around.

Bring them back then.... I promise you it won't be like last year. They'll be the ribbing and stuff, but I can honestly say as a moderator of these boards I did indeed let it get out of hand before going on the thread deleting spree that I did...

Check your inbox

RedWolf275

I must agree, Bay does suck

elvis26

;D bay sucks raw eggs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: WhatsUrRingSize on June 29, 2015, 05:25:06 pm

Looks like your bringing them out of the wood works now....

Real deal

I could care less about my identity people think they did or did not expose. Bay doesn't suck. They are a dynasty and they will be back in contention again. Was going to wait to post again to post to wish Colton a happy birthday but oh well why not now. Good luck class A we may be better next year.

Silky Johnson

June 29, 2015, 08:58:17 pm #187 Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 09:01:44 pm by Silky Johnson
Bay still won state and did so by beating each team they played throughout the post season by double digits. The Bay-Kirby game was really the only competitive game. I understand the Bay hate from the boards but this group worked hard and played plenty of games that were fun to watch on the court. This year shouldn't be any different just new guys stepping up. Only lost 2-3 players from last years squad.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Real deal on June 29, 2015, 08:19:46 pm
I could care less about my identity people think they did or did not expose. Bay doesn't suck. They are a dynasty and they will be back in contention again. Was going to wait to post again to post to wish Colton a happy birthday but oh well why not now. Good luck class A we may be better next year.

Welcome back Sir.

HorseFeathers

As I told whatsurringsize in a message...

What I say on the boards is usually in response to something stupid posted by another poster....Oh well though I'm getting to be an "old" 26 now, I don't have time for that mess anymore...

Oldref

Wow saw all of this from last night and wanted to get my 2cents in. If people hate Bay because they are successful then that probably will not change any time soon based on what I am seeing this summer. Colton Watson is gone and I am totally convinced he is the best player I have seen in a long long time.  That said Bay Sr Boys are going to be really tough and no one person will replace Watson but collectively they could be even better. Bay only had one senior starter and they are all a year older plus added a 6-4 guy from the Jr team so they could be even better this year if everyone stays healthy. They are seasoned and have been thru the wars the past couple of years. All of that will factor in as they are now a more mature team with Jr and Sr instead of Freshmen and Sophomores from a couple years back. Also teams like BIC and ICC decided they had had enough of Bay and would not play them so Coach Brannen went out and got some tougher games on those dates so the schedule is upgraded which tends to pay off down the stretch no matter what the won lost record is. Now the girls will also also be to deal with in the coming years! Future is pretty bright at Bay. Bay doesn't suck at all but I understand some people have to say that because that is about all they can do is say bad things about it. One other thing as stated before..... most of this becomes bulleting board material for the players. They read this stuff also. Everyone have a nice rest of the summer!!!

HorseFeathers

smh...that's all I have to say.... This place used to be fun, now you poke fun at anyone on message boards and facebook etc and they want to whine about people being mean....

The bay sucks posts were satire cause we know you guys will get all up in arms.

Nobody actually thinks they suck....

Backboard Shattered

It's bulletin board not bulleting!  Coming from an unspeller

Oldref

Quote from: HF on June 30, 2015, 04:52:03 pm
smh...that's all I have to say.... This place used to be fun, now you poke fun at anyone on message boards and facebook etc and they want to whine about people being mean....

The bay sucks posts were satire cause we know you guys will get all up in arms.

Nobody actually thinks they suck....
HF....... I never said anyone was mean and I am not upset about anything at all. I am enjoying life more than ever and enjoying watching these kids develop and get better. Heck I went all the way to Salina KS to watch them play a few weeks ago.

Also there is a huge generation gap between me and you which I understand also. Just for point of reference and you can probably ask Batman about this also but back in our day if someone said you suck somebody got their back dirty pretty quick!! Just how it was in my day.  I know that has changed with you younger folks and even more with teenagers these days.

Thanks for confirming that Bay does not suck :) :)

Real deal

Let's talk about BIC not playing us. Now that sucks!!

Batman44

Well, Oldref, since you brought me into the mix, guess I will have to weigh in with my 2 cents worth. You are definitely correct about the terminology from back in our day. Words today have different meaning than what they used to.As for Bay falling into that category, if whoever brought it up, they must have used it as a way to stir up the Bay fans. Good to see the Bay fans back, and it is going to take a mighty fine team to to eliminate Bay this year.

RedWolf275

Quote from: Real deal on June 30, 2015, 07:34:55 pm
Let's talk about BIC not playing us. Now that sucks!!

Does anyone know the reasoning behind that decision? Seems like a decision with a strong reason behind it just looking at it from the outside.

HorseFeathers

...I forget that you guys are older than dirt sometimes :D

Anyway...I think that BIC is running from competition.

Will Bay come west again this year? Or do we know yet?

Oldref

Quote from: HF on June 30, 2015, 09:18:03 pm
...I forget that you guys are older than dirt sometimes :D

Anyway...I think that BIC is running from competition.

Will Bay come west again this year? Or do we know yet?
Coach Brannen has not said if we are making a statewide tour again this year. :)
Let you know as soon as I hear something.

BIC supt has openly said he has a severe dislike for Bay even used the H word a few times. He is a Bay alumni also. It is all personal on his part for not allowing them to play. Those two schools have had great games and have played home and home forever. They are about 20 miles apart and have had heated games for years but always respected each other and settled it on the court. BIC administration has now ended that approach.......BIC has only won 1 game against Bay in the past several years. Bay currently has a three game win streak against BIC before they halted it.

RedWolf275

Starting to understand. It's the old if you can't beat them, don't play them.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas