• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A-Train and Ant Man: Cross County's two headed monster

Started by playmaker04, July 27, 2015, 11:27:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

playmaker04

Cross County will be tough to stop this year with cousins Anfernee Davis and Antonio "Jayden" Davis in the backfield.

BigLion10

that's a real scary backfield CC has this year could run the Tbirds too a deep run

HorseFeathers

playmaker04

He lives in Parkin. Actually I believe kids from parkin can choose between Wynne or Cross county on what school they want to attend.

tmycjy

Quote from: playmaker04 on July 27, 2015, 12:11:26 pm
He lives in Parkin. Actually I believe kids from parkin can choose between Wynne or Cross county on what school they want to attend.

he right wynne has agreement with parkin for school choice the reason he not play for wynne high school do to a displene reason he got kick off of the team to staying in trouble at school other thing Wynne is a Class act Program we don't need kids who stay in trouble on the team

Pit Bull

Quote from: playmaker04 on July 27, 2015, 11:27:24 am
Cross County will be tough to stop this year with cousins Anfernee Davis and Antonio "Jayden" Davis in the backfield.

That's Parkin and Earle all day in origins, Anfernee is from the well known Davis family out of Parkin, several athletes in that family and Antonio is from the Forrest Family, these guys were a powerhouse of running backs in the days of old... This will be an interesting year in the 2A-3....

bdubyab60

Will be hard to contain those 2 for sure. I know their QB is gone but they won't need one except to hand the ball off. As long as their line is half decent they will be a force. 2A-3 has their hands full this year.
I'd think many would say anything less than a conference title and a deep playoff run would be somewhat of a disappointment for CC.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bdubyab60 on July 28, 2015, 12:10:21 am
Will be hard to contain those 2 for sure. I know their QB is gone but they won't need one except to hand the ball off. As long as their line is half decent they will be a force. 2A-3 has their hands full this year.
I'd think many would say anything less than a conference title and a deep playoff run would be somewhat of a disappointment for CC.

Who needs a qb... direct snaps or have them take turns handing off to each other

beach bum

Quote from: HF on July 28, 2015, 06:24:55 am
Quote from: bdubyab60 on July 28, 2015, 12:10:21 am

Who needs a qb... direct snaps or have them take turns handing off to each other

HF thinks just like I think.... very few will be stopping that.

CBS

Hope they can block for each other, cause they are all they have.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: CBS on July 28, 2015, 09:15:57 am

They won what? Two playoff games with only one of them last year.....sooo two is twice as good right? State title game appearance for the tbirds could be in the works

CBS

Maybe if they can actually get some blocking from each other.

beach bum

July 28, 2015, 09:35:11 am #15 Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 09:37:11 am by beach bum
Quote from: CBS on July 28, 2015, 09:15:57 am

You do know what a stud RB means in 2A?..... I have watched enough 2A football to know a bunch of guys that were my size in high school are playing defense at that level which isn't very big attempting to tackle RB's. Did you watch Strong with Kenneth Dixon. These guys aren't Dixon but two of them are going to run all over 2A defenses. CC should make it to the semis at least unless they randomly draw Junction City by the quarterfinals this year.

CBS

You are taking the word stud to lightly if you are using it to define these guys.

beach bum

Quote from: CBS on July 28, 2015, 09:37:05 am
You are taking the word stud to lightly if you are using it to define these guys.

Didn't he run for 1,500 plus yards in 5A.... I am pretty sure thats a stud in 5A let alone what he will do in 2A.

CBS

BigLion10

CBS

Wynne wouldn't stand a chance against JC. Pa just because of being fundamentally sound.

beach bum

Quote from: CBS on July 28, 2015, 09:50:08 am
5a is a joke. Jc would've made the finals.

Wow, I am arguing with a bright one. If 5A is a joke what does that make 2A through 4A? You are not even worth arguing football with if you say 5A as a whole is a joke. Apparently 4A on down shouldn't even field teams. You do know JC moves to 3A in a year and classifications are comprised of more than one team to determine its worth? JC isn't the only team in 2A. There are 45 to 50 teams in 2A besides them.

CBS

Other than Jc last year 2a was a joke. So was 3a 4a and 5a. 6a and 7a both are a joke just for the simple fact they split the schools and everyone makes the playoffs. Jc was a top 15 school overall last year. Its a shame that a 2a school could go a dominate up to 5a and some of the 6 when the numbers are vastly greater. Just shows why Ark is behind when it comes to quality recruits compared to the surrounding states.

Trint Creek

Quote from: CBS on July 28, 2015, 10:32:39 am
Other than Jc last year 2a was a joke. So was 3a 4a and 5a. 6a and 7a both are a joke just for the simple fact they split the schools and everyone makes the playoffs. Jc was a top 15 school overall last year. Its a shame that a 2a school could go a dominate up to 5a and some of the 6 when the numbers are vastly greater. Just shows why Ark is behind when it comes to quality recruits compared to the surrounding states.

Question, If you think Arkansas high school football is a joke why are you on this website?

Ventman

Quote from: Trint Creek on July 28, 2015, 01:10:53 pm

Question, If you think Arkansas high school football is a joke why are you on this website?
😂😂😂😂😂

CBS

Ventman

What are the best states for high school football?

CBS

BigLion10

Dragon I

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Trint Creek on July 28, 2015, 01:10:53 pm

To make another account to troll people with.

JC Guy

Hate to break the news to you but for the past few years Alabama took over the top stop for prospects that actually work out. Was Florida then Texas and then Louisiana but now number one is Bama. If you need a QB Texas or California would produce the most.

Proud Buckaroo

Wonderdog

Wonderdog

Quote from: Wonderdog09 on July 28, 2015, 06:49:40 pm
http://www.footballstudyhall.com/2013/9/11/4718442/college-football-state-texas-california-florida

a couple years old, but should make the conversation interesting.

For those who do not feel like reading past the first chart, it goes on to say that FBS recruits per capita the breadwinners are:
1. Louisiana
2. Alabama (described as a close second)
3. Florida
4. Georgia
5. Hawaii

JC Guy

Quote from: Wonderdog09 on July 28, 2015, 06:55:27 pm
http://www.footballstudyhall.com/2013/9/11/4718442/college-football-state-texas-california-florida

For those who do not feel like reading past the first chart, it goes on to say that FBS recruits per capita the breadwinners are:
1. Louisiana
3. Florida
4. Georgia
5. Hawaii
I would agree with that. The last time I seen the breakdown Bama was 1 and Lousiana was 2. It's funny how things change. Hawaii was a surprise I must say. With that much homegrown talent it looks like they would be better.

Wonderdog

Quote from: JC Guy on July 28, 2015, 07:30:05 pm
Quote from: Wonderdog09 on July 28, 2015, 06:55:27 pm

1. Louisiana
3. Florida
4. Georgia
5. Hawaii
I would agree with that. The last time I seen the breakdown Bama was 1 and Lousiana was 2. It's funny how things change. Hawaii was a surprise I must say. With that much homegrown talent it looks like they would be better.
you could almost argue that LA and AL are interchangeable since it is so close number-wise.

MarionBlueDevil

So Davis left Wynne, did he? That's an interesting choice. What brought this on? Does anyone know?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on July 29, 2015, 06:34:55 am
So Davis left Wynne, did he? That's an interesting choice. What brought this on? Does anyone know?

He got kicked off the team for discipline reasons.

CBS

Sounds like a great kid to anoint to such a high level...

playmaker04

I see we have a new kid on the block this year in CBS. JC had an outstanding year and could possibly have beaten most 5a teams but teams like JC had last year are few and far between. And on to the statement that the Davis boys are all cc has is silly. They have 5 returning all conference players and LB Holden Byassee was named to Hootens super team along with Anfernee. Line should be decent. DL has some holes to fill. Linebackers and d-backs are tough. If we're going to make a run in the playoffs we definitely have the kids to do it this year.

mcnewfamily

this maybe what cc needs to get past mccrory if we get to play each other this year. sure hate we don't have that one schduled.

playmaker04

playmaker04

Quote from: beach bum on July 28, 2015, 09:47:29 am
Quote from: CBS on July 28, 2015, 09:37:05 am

Didn't he run for 1,500 plus yards in 5A.... I am pretty sure thats a stud in 5A let alone what he will do in 2A.
I believe it was 1900. He was all-state as a sophomore

Trint Creek

Cross County starts practice today. I think it is the hottest day of the year.

mcnewfamily

yea it's no considered practice i bet. probly football camp

Trint Creek

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Trint Creek on July 29, 2015, 03:02:33 pm
Cross County starts practice today. I think it is the hottest day of the year.

Have they nit been working out all summer long?

FD4

I just posted a while ago on the 5A board about 2A being able to compete with the upper classifications on occasion.  Mr. UI said it best, for at least one half.  35 to 45 guys dont step off the bus and go toe to toe with a team that dressed out 85 ball players or even 65 for that matter.  JC was darn good last season and the two before that.  But then again so was Greenwood three years ago, and PA last season as was Wynne.  Not to mention how good that group from Camden Fairview was on their way to the title about 4 years ago or so.  So, waterboy, better state your team and get behind them, here comes some darn good talent north of I40 this year.

JC Guy

Quote from: FD4 on July 30, 2015, 02:27:10 pm
I just posted a while ago on the 5A board about 2A being able to compete with the upper classifications on occasion.  Mr. UI said it best, for at least one half.  35 to 45 guys dont step off the bus and go toe to toe with a team that dressed out 85 ball players or even 65 for that matter.  JC was darn good last season and the two before that.  But then again so was Greenwood three years ago, and PA last season as was Wynne.  Not to mention how good that group from Camden Fairview was on their way to the title about 4 years ago or so.  So, waterboy, better state your team and get behind them, here comes some darn good talent north of I40 this year.
If you have 35 - 40 players and you can get quality snaps out of most of them the smaller schools can compete. It happens in other states around us all the time. I played for a 6-A program and when we traveled we would only dress 55. Out of that 55 how many ever hit the field is the question and the truth would have been around 30 -35 in a hard fought game. You take JC this past year. Very few played both ways and only one played iron man ball. A team built like they were would not have wilted in the second half. I know in Alabama, Texas and Lousianna ever year you see a small school beat the breaks off a larger school. I know it happens in a lot more states but I follow high school ball in those. And FD4 I hope you guys do raise some hail this year because 2-A needs it. The Dragons will have to fight for it this year with all the young guys but they will still be dangerous. I think they will be good but I am not handing them another title until they prove some things. It sounds like if we meet down the road it could be a good one because our run D will be nasty.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas