• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gurdon running back

Started by mr.gametime, July 15, 2015, 09:51:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mr.gametime

What schools have offered him so far....I seen on rivials that he's been offered ..but it didn't say by what school

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: mr.gametime on July 15, 2015, 09:51:37 pm
What schools have offered him so far....I seen on rivials that he's been offered ..but it didn't say by what school
I talked to him the other day, and he was leaning towards Ark State.

Just My Opinion

Also talking to OBU & Harding

BigLion10

He will be a great asset to which ever college he chooses

M.I Time

He is as fast and allusive as any kid in 2A football and got a good head on his shoulders

godgiven999

He should be recruited as a safety for a elite program. He is a Ball Hawk! 4.4 speed, can tackle. A redshirt year to add some weight and he's good to go!

mtindian42

When it comes to power speed and vision this kid is the best in 2a.

Blue

Quote from: godgiven999 on August 05, 2015, 05:39:44 pm
He should be recruited as a safety for a elite program. He is a Ball Hawk! 4.4 speed, can tackle. A redshirt year to add some weight and he's good to go!

How big is he? I may be thinking about the wrong kid

Proud Buckaroo

godgiven999

Quote from: Blue on August 09, 2015, 09:03:22 pm
Quote from: godgiven999 on August 05, 2015, 05:39:44 pm

How big is he? I may be thinking about the wrong kid
5'11"
187lbs     4.37 40 according to Hudl

GusBrown

He is a stud. If the OL can put enough size in front of him, Gurdon could be a dangerous team.

Hollerboy79

One of the best overall players I've ever seen come through 2A. He's a stud and that's all there is to it.

godgiven999

Harvell went 38 carries for 353 yards and 3 Tds, 1 Rec for 60 yds and a TD. Pretty good against #2 in 3a Prescott. Still a loss though  >:(

Wolfpack

Outstanding athlete! A long season, ahead. Got to limit his play. The way he played Prescott he was very exhausted, but survived. Hoping no injury. He's a beast tho!

RabidWolf

Gurdon needs to be careful. If this young man gets hurt, could be a long season for a team already very low on numbers. He played offense defense and  special teams. And spend 99% of the game in a wildcat set just running straight ahead. He was dead by the end kd the game. Absolutely incredible athlete. Would love to see him and former Prescott star Brandon Marks race.

tacklethis...

Quote from: godgiven999 on September 07, 2015, 11:56:46 am
Harvell went 38 carries for 353 yards and 3 Tds, 1 Rec for 60 yds and a TD. Pretty good against #2 in 3a Prescott. Still a loss though  >:(

He was very impressive in the loss. I can't understand why he was still running the ball so late in that game...

Giving up 750 yards to Prescott was a major weakness....however!

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: RabidWolf on September 07, 2015, 01:35:46 pm
Gurdon needs to be careful. If this young man gets hurt, could be a long season for a team already very low on numbers. He played offense defense and  special teams. And spend 99% of the game in a wildcat set just running straight ahead. He was dead by the end kd the game. Absolutely incredible athlete. Would love to see him and former Prescott star Brandon Marks race.
Race would not be close, there is a reason Jackie is the 2A state champ in the 100 and 200.  Js.... Brandon is quick though!!!  Do you mean Wilson or Marks (OBU Tigers)? 

RabidWolf

I'm referencing Brandon (OBU). I think ktd be closer than you think. But its a pointless argument.

Have heard from several people that Jackie is being recruited as a DB not a running back. Anyone verify?

HeadBussa08

Quote from: RabidWolf on September 07, 2015, 01:35:46 pm
as pointless as it is to say sorry Rabid lol Marks couldn't hang with Harvell in any race. Brandon is continuing a very solid career at OBU right now thou and it is very cool to see.

RabidWolf

Guess I remember him being faster than he is! My apologies ;)

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: RabidWolf on September 11, 2015, 09:12:05 am
Guess I remember him being faster than he is! My apologies ;)
Jackie is D1 fast, Brandon is D2 fast.

RabidWolf

Jackie is also about 5in taller.

Proud Buckaroo

For the most part. Jackie was held in check all night.

Hornet4ever

I suppose I haven't kept up with Gurdon this season but I have heard of Jackie Harvell. I saw the score for the game last night, what the heck is up with Gurdon? Are they low on numbers? Just having a down year?

RabidWolf

I guarantee they don't have more than 30. And no offense but only only maybe 5-6 should actually play. Injuries are hurting them bad from what I hear. Not much help coming from JR High in the coming years. Especially with moving to 3A. Does anyone know if they actually let their QB take the field last night?

Proud Buckaroo

Their starting QB played most of the game. Jackie played wildcat for a few snaps. But as soon as he was getting stuffed at the line or shortly past the line. He went back to RB.

GusBrown

Gurdons had a couple of key players out to start the year (starting LT & MLB). It would be hard for any 2A team to have a win right considering their opponents, but the defense has to improve, and the interior of the offensive line will have to overcome size issues. They lost their 2 best WRs from last year (Marlow & Cooper) and really haven't found any reliable passing targets which is the biggest issue. Hopefully things will start to come together as the season progresses. I still think a conference championship is a possibility 😈

El Jefe

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 11, 2015, 10:09:48 pm
Everyone bow down to mighty smackover. Don't think about giving props to a kid...everyone is inferior to these 1949 state champs...maybe you guys will win it again before 2049...but I doubt it.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: El Jefe on September 17, 2015, 09:37:37 am
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 11, 2015, 10:09:48 pm
Everyone bow down to mighty smackover. Don't think about giving props to a kid...everyone is inferior to these 1949 state champs...maybe you guys will win it again before 2049...but I doubt it.

What is your issue, dude? You seem to have some serious problem with me. Did I even bash the kid? NO. I was talking about how stout our defense was for holding him in check all night. He had almost 400 yards on Prescott. He had 59 against Smackover...  But, okay. See it how you want it... ::)

The_Devils_Advocate

Guy gets 59 yards playing one on eleven. Pretty good in my book.

The Bear

Yea not gunna lie its pretty much one on 11 so I agree sounds pretty good to me . He might just be mad that no matter how close a game they still can't beat junction . 😁😁😁

Proud Buckaroo

I'm far from angry over that game. 59 yards with one guy against 11 of smackover players. Yet one guy got 400 yards against 11 of prescott players.... Okay.

I don't think anyone is getting the picture. I'm not taking anything from the kid. Let's not make assumptions. Jackie is a beast of a player. I just don't get that I can't brag on my team for being able to stop Jackie a heck of a lot better than prescott could. Sue me for being proud of my team.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas