• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6-2A

Started by RiverEagle079, June 26, 2015, 08:30:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianfromCarlisle

1) McCrory
2) Hazen
3) Brinkley
4) Des Arc
5) Carlisle

big E

Brinkley will be the three and this may upset some people  but Green is the best back in the conference.

purpleswag

Quote from: big E on July 23, 2015, 05:23:35 am
Brinkley will be the three and this may upset some people  but Green is the best back in the conference.

Debatable but definitely deserves to be in the argument

Tigerdad2

If everything is true about Green, if he is that big , fast ,strong and a great Linebacker, Brinkley should not only win the 6-2A but also make it until they face Junction City. Has anyone watched old Herschel Walker Films, just turn and pitch him the ball and the offensesive line shouldn't even have to block.  So, the bottom line is, give Green the ball 40 times and you will win every game, this is 2a football.

beach bum

If you have by far the best RB in a 2A conference you should finish top 2 for sure....

big E

He is that big and that fast and that strong and it's hard for 1man to bring him down. But he doesn't have the talent around him that Hazen and McCrory has.

BrianfromCarlisle

Agreed Big E.  But I think Rogo is the best back.  But I won't argue with Greene either.  1 and 1a may apply here.

mcnewfamily

still nobody has replied. how is everybody's numbers going to be? mccrory looking to have close to 40 this year. alot of kids coming back out that missed a year or so. should have some depth this year.gained 3 lineman  280 thru 320.

jbtiger73

Brinkley is around 30 right now. Maybe more with some transfers that are coming

Ventman

Quote from: mcnewfamily on July 23, 2015, 12:17:36 pm
still nobody has replied. how is everybody's numbers going to be? mccrory looking to have close to 40 this year. alot of kids coming back out that missed a year or so. should have some depth this year.gained 3 lineman  280 thru 320.
Sounds like the Jags are gonna be stout this year!

mcnewfamily

they are going to be stout. the one thing that always worries me are the numbers and we don't ever get in great shape until the 3rd or 4th game. 2 off our toughest games are 2nd week and week 4. actually thats a couple of things.

Ventman

I think most teams now days don't get into shape until about week 4. I thought after last season the Jags would be the team to beat in the 6 this year.

bigworm

Quote from: big E on July 23, 2015, 09:26:17 am
He is that big and that fast and that strong and it's hard for 1man to bring him down. But he doesn't have the talent around him that Hazen and McCrory has.

havent seen him in a couple of years but logan penn from hazen was a bad boy last time i saw him?

RiverEagle079

DA will be alright this year I can see them at 2 or 3 depends on how it plays out

HorseFeathers

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on July 24, 2015, 06:59:05 pm
DA will be alright this year I can see them at 2 or 3 depends on how it plays out

Missing the playoffs you mean?

BrianfromCarlisle

1&2 are pretty much taken.  3 maybe. Brinkley is the team that could sneak into top 2

HorseFeathers

FWIW....I don't have Des arc missing the playoffs this year....In Fact I have them at #6 in the state in my preseason rankings, And #3 in the conference. The 6 might be the most top Heavy league in 2A this year.

BrianfromCarlisle

I agree.  Having Greene makes Brinkley dangerous period. Same with McCrory and Rogo.  And Hazen and Penn.  they will all be tough outs in the playoffs.

RiverEagle079

I don't know for shure but ill be closing my eyes to check the scores lol

Cheek

July 25, 2015, 10:36:21 pm #69 Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 10:38:39 pm by Cheek
I guess England and Carlisle will not play again until the AAA  puts us in the same conference.  Carlisle's coach will not schedule England for 2016-17 cycle.   It is a shame that two schools so close do not play non-conference.

BigLion10

Who did we schedule cheek?

Cheek

No one yet ,  still waiting on the bison  to man up and schedule a game.

Bigditchlion

Wow the battle of the beast trophy may stay in england for a long time. That's a shame! Are they afraid after last year? Surely not. Carlisle will be back but will venture to say the next couple of years will be rough on the bison. Never count out the bison and I am an england guy. Much respect for those guys! Gonna be a fun one September 4th in england!

Ventman

It's ignorant that England isn't in our conference. I'm sure that beat down last year left a bad taste in the Bisons mouth and this year should be more of the same. No school is going to be good every year well besides JC. I hope they keep playing the Lions, it just makes since, it's only a thirty minute drive as well. Those ole Bison we be back eventually.

Bigditchlion

I'm with Ya on that ventman, it's different now that we are in the 5. Feel like we should play in the 6 simply due to logistics. Your right though, every team or school cycles talent.  It is always a spirited ballgame between the schools. I remember the last time the bison came over to lion country and beat us in the second half. We repaid them last year. Hope our boys are ready because I'm sure the bison has been focused on us all off season.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Bigditchlion on July 26, 2015, 02:55:37 pm
I'm with Ya on that ventman, it's different now that we are in the 5. Feel like we should play in the 6 simply due to logistics. Your right though, every team or school cycles talent.  It is always a spirited ballgame between the schools. I remember the last time the bison came over to lion country and beat us in the second half. We repaid them last year. Hope our boys are ready because I'm sure the bison has been focused on us all off season.

You mean a school on the edge of the delta, doesn't feel right traveling to hot springs and north of Conway for conference? Not to mention being I  the same conference with hector next year...

RiverEagle079

Hey this isn't a Its all about HF thread  :P

BrianfromCarlisle

I have no clue why we would stop playing England.  I would hope that there is a legitimate reason for not scheduling.   I'm sure we will find out why soon enough.

Ventman

July 26, 2015, 07:54:41 pm #78 Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 07:56:18 pm by Ventman
Quote from: HF on July 26, 2015, 06:32:31 pm
Quote from: Bigditchlion on July 26, 2015, 02:55:37 pm

You mean a school on the edge of the delta, doesn't feel right traveling to hot springs and north of Conway for conference? Not to mention being I  the same conference with hector next year...
Naw nothing against the 5 but logistically  it just makes sense. Especially for Jr high games. No sense in bussing kids that far if you don't have too.

Cheek

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on July 26, 2015, 07:49:25 pm
I have no clue why we would stop playing England.  I would hope that there is a legitimate reason for not scheduling.   I'm sure we will find out why soon enough.

Ask your Head Coach. He is the one not wanting to continue the series.

BrianfromCarlisle

Put Lonoke on schedule. Can't quite say he is ducking competition.

BigLion10

I'd like to play lonoke as well

BrianfromCarlisle

Apparently they couldn't work a date out with England. Tried to keep them on schedule.

bigworm

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on July 26, 2015, 09:59:34 pm
Apparently they couldn't work a date out with England. Tried to keep them on schedule.

never was a problem when carlisle was kickin our teeth in. Good luck with lonoke.

BrianfromCarlisle

Hey, I didn't make the schedule. Don't kill the messenger. I was just told that neither side could get a date to work. 

Cheek

July 26, 2015, 11:29:34 pm #85 Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 11:34:45 pm by Cheek
That is straight BS.  Both had an open date week one since we have been playing the past few years.  We had week one, two and three open so that was not the issue.  The Head Coach advised he did not want to play and will not return our Coach's call now.  This is starting to be a trend with Carlisle. The boys basketball would not schedule us last year and now football.  If Carlisle does not schedule us for next year, we will not play  Carlisle in any sport unless we are placed in the same conference by the AAA  or a tournment or playoff game.

bigworm

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on July 26, 2015, 11:12:39 pm
Hey, I didn't make the schedule. Don't kill the messenger. I was just told that neither side could get a date to work.

not aimed at you, brian. But whoever provided you that info isn't being honest. This is a game that has been played for probably the last 30 years in a row. Just makes no sense.

big E

No Carlisle and England Game?.Play lonoke instead? Has the world gone mad?

BrianfromCarlisle

Worm, the person that told me would have no reason to not be honest. I'm sure just going with info given.  I was more specifically told that after scheduling Lonoke, neither side could come to an agreement on the remaining dates available. I would like to see them play too, but I guess it has to be in playoffs. 

Cheek

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on July 27, 2015, 06:54:18 am
Worm, the person that told me would have no reason to not be honest. I'm sure just going with info given.  I was more specifically told that after scheduling Lonoke, neither side could come to an agreement on the remaining dates available. I would like to see them play too, but I guess it has to be in playoffs.

Well I can assure you , he lied.  Carlisle and England both had week one open.  Carlisle chose not to schedule England for next two year cycle. 

BrianfromCarlisle

Cheek, you are something else.  Maybe Carlisle had to schedule Lonoke in week 1 in order to get the game. The person that gave me the info may not have been given the total truth.  But they didn't lie.  Why do you get so especially upset over things?  Go put your big boy pants on and quit crying. 

BrianfromCarlisle

But I'm sure you were sitting in on those scheduling calls.  I mean, you are Cheek.  The almighty. Lol.

BigLion10

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on July 27, 2015, 07:55:08 am
Cheek, you are something else.  Maybe Carlisle had to schedule Lonoke in week 1 in order to get the game. The person that gave me the info may not have been given the total truth.  But they didn't lie.  Why do you get so especially upset over things?  Go put your big boy pants on and quit crying.
Who else did Carlisle schedule for non-conf. not trying to start anything just would like to know who they are playing

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on July 27, 2015, 07:56:48 am
But I'm sure you were sitting in on those scheduling calls.  I mean, you are Cheek.  The almighty. Lol.

It's a little funny how the England folk are talking smack when they've only beaten Carlisle once in the last 9 years. LOL

BrianfromCarlisle

Quote from: BigLion10 on July 27, 2015, 09:32:26 am
Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on July 27, 2015, 07:55:08 am
Who else did Carlisle schedule for non-conf. not trying to start anything just would like to know who they are playing

I don't know.  I am curious to know that answer myself.  I would like to see them continue to play England, but I'm not going to get on here and start bashing something when I don't know the entire reason something did or didn't happen.
There may be a perfectly good reason for them not playing. Or maybe there isn't.  LOL  I sure don't know.   

BrianfromCarlisle

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 27, 2015, 10:02:44 am
Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on July 27, 2015, 07:56:48 am

It's a little funny how the England folk are talking smack when they've only beaten Carlisle once in the last 9 years. LOL

You have to consider the source Sugartown.  It's just the one guy, and he's notorious for crap like that.  I think everyone else just wants to know what really happened.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Ventman on July 23, 2015, 08:09:07 pm
I think most teams now days don't get into shape until about week 4. I thought after last season the Jags would be the team to beat in the 6 this year.

I promise, des arc will be in shape in week one. If McCrory thinks they will just breeze through their week 2 game (HF they play des arc) they will be in trouble. Yall sleep on des arc and see what happens to your team.  No team in the 6 has a winning record vs des arc and I don't expect that to change this year.

big E

You tell em Pick. And Cheek you got called a crybaby by someone worms size that's  funny lol

mcnewfamily

no one sleeping on des arc i promise you that. i said two of our toughest games will be in week 2 and 4.

bigworm

Quote from: big E on July 27, 2015, 01:06:31 pm
You tell em Pick. And Cheek you got called a crybaby by someone worms size that's  funny lol

I call him a cry baby all the time.  ;D He's still my little buddy though.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas