• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clarendon

Started by JohnBarleycorn, May 28, 2015, 06:05:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnBarleycorn

Has Dusty Meek (Stuttgart) taken over for Thrash at Clarendon?

Ventman

Clarendon is just a stepping stone for Thrash

BigLion10

Where did thrash go

jbtiger73

Idk. When I talked with him a couple weeks ago, he said he wasn't sure where he would end up. But he was definitely leaving clarendon though. Maybe at PA or somewhere else in LR

big E

Hard to keep the good ones around on the other hand you can't run a bad one off.

purpleswag

I have talked to Meeks a few times and he is a good guy. This was a home run for Clarendon in my opinion. Have no idea why he would go there though.

Strange for a coach to be leaving with no where to go.......Hmmmmmm

jbtiger73

Idk purp. I think as long as he's in that Kevin Kelly, PA circle, he'll always have somewhere to go

Lions84

May 29, 2015, 11:57:35 am #7 Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 01:33:46 pm by Lions84
Thanks to Thomas Thrash for all he tryed to do at Clarendon.

BigLion10

Lions84

Quote from: BigLion10 on May 29, 2015, 12:51:24 pm
Thomas thrash

He was a great guy and I was shocked because I just talked with him on Facebook.

Tigerdad2

What was his record there?
That place is loaded with athletes!!

Tigerdad2

Quote from: big E on May 29, 2015, 10:01:10 am
Hard to keep the good ones around on the other hand you can't run a bad one off.
Sartin!!!!!!'

MomaLion

I don't know what's going on with administration but he is the 3rd coach to leave this year.  He didn't have a winning record yet but he was turning the program around...Pannell will definitely be missed, he had the Jr team doing very well...and Whiteside was an asst football/basketball coach and head baseball I believe. Please dear Lord tell me Hudson and Perry aren't going anywhere  :(

Tigerdad2

It's hard to keep coaches that aren't from that area around.
It would be hard work but the right coach could turn that place around, it's loaded with athletes

Lions84

We need more guys like Coach Gray and Coach Wilson who were at Clarendon for years and enjoyed Hunting and Fishing on the side.

Jacketman65

Quote from: Lions84 on June 01, 2015, 01:34:12 pm
We need more guys like Coach Gray and Coach Wilson who were at Clarendon for years and enjoyed Hunting and Fishing on the side.
It's not about hunting and fishing - believe me!   $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and what can you do for me now!

Lions84

Quote from: Jacketman65 on June 02, 2015, 12:20:03 am
Quote from: Lions84 on June 01, 2015, 01:34:12 pm
It's not about hunting and fishing - believe me!   $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and what can you do for me now!

Both those boys loved to go out with us to hunt and fish even though it didn't get us any mercy if we screwed up in practice or in a game.

Lions84

Biggest issue is with the decline in general population we don't have the community money laying around to dish out bonuses and gifts to the staff like in the pass.   I remember one coach buying a new truck and when he  went to get his payment book 30 days later it had been paid off.

big E

If your not from the delta you probably won't stay in the Delta long especially a coach or a teacher absolutley nothing for a young adult to do without driving an hour or more at least that's What I've been told by some young teacher's. That will never change nothing is growing in our little peace of the world not even farm's. It's just the sad truth about the region we live in.

bdubyab60

Quote from: purpleswag on May 29, 2015, 10:08:15 am
I have talked to Meeks a few times and he is a good guy. This was a home run for Clarendon in my opinion. Have no idea why he would go there though.

Strange for a coach to be leaving with no where to go.......Hmmmmmm
EPC alum and former coach. Hard nosed coach, old school unless hes changed. Had trouble keeping numbers up at EPC.

minerjack

Quote from: Ventman on May 28, 2015, 06:46:14 pm
Stepping stone?  He got fired.

Cheek

Quote from: minerjack2212 on June 03, 2015, 10:02:09 pm

Why,  I think he will be a great Coach if given time.  If I recall, Clarendon ran off David Carpenter, and you know the rest of that story.

MomaLion

Thrash will be fine with more experience and was turning the program around...maybe they wanted faster results but that just isn't reasonable.  I really don't know why he left.

purpleswag

Quote from: minerjack2212 on June 03, 2015, 10:02:09 pm

This makes sense. Idk if that's what happened but it seemed weird that someone would "resign" with no where to go.

And come on Cheek......David Carpenter?!? Why even compare the 2? I'm sure Clarendon is a much different place than it was when Carpenter was there. Based on posts I read here they used to be competitive.

Is it time to talk Hazen football yet?!?!?

Cheek

They still ran Carpenter off regardless of the talent level.

purpleswag

Quote from: Cheek on June 04, 2015, 06:51:44 am

You missed my point. What I'm saying is they haven't been successful in years. So IF he got ran off it wasn't because he was losing.

Maybe it was the way he was losing but not because he was losing.

minerjack

Quote from: purpleswag on June 04, 2015, 08:14:21 am

You missed my point. What I'm saying is they haven't been successful in years. So IF he got ran off it wasn't because he was losing.

You're right. It's because he's an idiot.

bigworm

Quote from: minerjack2212 on June 04, 2015, 08:54:58 am

an idiot with a pocket full of big fat rings.

purpleswag

Quote from: bigworm on June 04, 2015, 11:16:16 pm
Quote from: minerjack2212 on June 04, 2015, 08:54:58 am

an idiot with a pocket full of big fat rings.

So your saying he's a cross dresser and an idiot?  ;D

No, seriously though, i'm pretty sure he has never won a ring.

bigworm

I may be confused. Are we talkin about carpenter or thrash?

big E

This is getting seriously confusing.

purpleswag

Quote from: bigworm on June 05, 2015, 07:12:31 pm

LOL! Thrash. Some other genius brought carpenter into the mix for some reason.

Cheek

Quote from: purpleswag on June 06, 2015, 05:50:31 am
Quote from: bigworm on June 05, 2015, 07:12:31 pm

LOL! Thrash. Some other genius brought carpenter into the mix for some reason.

That would be me.  We were discussing Clarendon getting rid  of  Coach Thrash.  I was just stating the fact that Coach Carpenter  also coached at Clarendon and was ran off. 

mom18

Clarendon has had a different coach about every other year it seems.

big E

Cheek a genius now I've heard it all.

bigworm

i was really impressed with thrash the only time we played them. it seemed like he was getting the kids out. it just takes time in football to get things going.

MomaLion

A birdie tells me that he didn't have all his certifications in order for this year so the school let him go....who knows though.

Lions84

Sad to see Thomas go and Carpenter got the shaft in my book.

Jacketman65

Quote from: MomaLion on June 09, 2015, 12:38:54 am
A birdie tells me that he didn't have all his certifications in order for this year so the school let him go....who knows though.
What kind of coach does not have his certifications?

Zwolle

Quote from: Jacketman65 on June 11, 2015, 11:12:23 pm

What kind of school hires a head coach who does not have his certifications in order?

MomaLion

I have no idea but something about needing something else for the coming year or he'd have to forfeit any games won...I know in other professions, when you graduate you have a certain length of time to obtain certifications/licensures needed.  Honestly i've heard everything from he quit to the school fired him.  I personally think it may have something to do with administration issues...we've had a ton of teachers/coaches leave after this past school year due to retirement, going other places and a few just quit with no other job lined up.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Zwolle on June 11, 2015, 11:19:25 pm

What kind of school hires a head coach who does not have his certifications in order?

Not uncommon.    Remember Greenwood's former head coach never had his coaching endorsement and Greenwood let him go while IIRC he was in the hospital recovering after being run over on the sidelines during a game.     He had been a successful coach in Oklahoma but had never gotten his coaching endorsement in AR.

That is a routine problem.    In every state neighboring Arkansas if you have a teaching license,  you can coach any sport.   In Arkansas you are supposed to have a coaching endorsement and your yearly fee paid to the AAA (35 dollars) with a coaches card and number issued.

It has been awhile but IIRC the AAA will allow someone to work as a coach without an endorsement and give them a year to obtain it.    But eventually they have to obtain it.    Normally by taking a test. 

minerjack

Quote from: Zwolle on June 11, 2015, 11:19:25 pm

Thrash's daddy is biffles with a big booster at Clarendon. That's why they hired Thrash over other applicants.

WonderWartHawg

No info on Thrash, but just for general info:  Small schools usually need coaches to be certified to teach something like health, social studies or such in addition to coaching football.  Those certifications are separate from the coaching certification.  Maybe Thrash just wasn't certified to cover something else they needed covered as well.

MomaLion

Coach Thrash taught EAST...not sure what qualifications that requires since it isn't really a subject but more like a club.

BigLion10

Whats the red lions looking like over the river this summer

mom18

EAST requires a certified teacher. Thrash was from P.A. where the legendary Rush Harding's grandkids and his money went.

minerjack

Quote from: mom18 on June 15, 2015, 06:30:56 pm
EAST requires a certified teacher. Thrash was from P.A. where the legendary Rush Harding's grandkids and his money went.
Annnnnnd, there you have it.

MomaLion

Quote from: BigLion10 on June 15, 2015, 11:48:24 am
Whats the red lions looking like over the river this summer
I have no idea...right now we are reeling from the loss of a beloved teacher/mentor who is the daughter of the legendary Rudy Henderson...RIP Mrs. Spencer  :'(

Redandwhite

I can say i played for thrash the last two years, some of say he is not a good coach, he was the best coach i had since i went to clarendon. I dont care if we won or lost we tryed for him and he tryed to make the team better. I believe if he had one more year he will have a winning season.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas