• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marked Tree

Started by HorseFeathers, April 07, 2015, 09:15:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Seen where their coach left....

Made

I saw they were looking for "a" coach was it their head coach?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Made on April 08, 2015, 08:28:28 am
I saw they were looking for "a" coach was it their head coach?

From what I've seen, it is.

Donnie Jamon

Pantherdaddy

Who was the coach? And where is he going?

Loyalfan1

Isn't MT a traditionally successful program?

Dogg

Quote from: Pantherdaddy on April 24, 2015, 07:36:41 am
Who was the coach? And where is he going?
He's was reassigned as Director of Transportation

big E

We got one at PW that needs to be made head custodian.

Footballfan93

Any word on what's going on up there? Have they started interviews yet?

Donnie Jamon

Its hard to find coaches in May.

mtindian42

Drewits name has rolled off a few tounges. But he is the only name.

manmaker

Any word on a hire?

MTINDIANFAN

Cody Wallis is the new coach for Marked Tree. He has been Trumann's Jr. high coach.

manmaker

dropped the ball on this one

mtindian42

Wish the new coach well...

Donnie Jamon

Lol. I need to graduate and help MT out

Loyalfan1

Any idea who applied?

slowntheMUD

Good guy. Likely in way over his head. Wish the best for him.

Elvis

Yeah might be in over his head. He can't afford to come in with a tough attitude. If so might not be more than 15-20 stay out. Hope he don't try to line u in DW like Waymire cause the kids are not built for this. Better spread throw and have fun or if u run a boring offense lots of kids will be in the gym hooping.

mtindian42

His o looks like a real tight wishbone... Really tight...you don't know who has the ball most of the time should be and exciting brand this fall

Elvis

Well spring practice began today. Looks like 18 Sr  and 16
Jr High.

MTINDIANFAN

Quote from: mtindian42 on May 24, 2015, 04:43:05 pm
His o looks like a real tight wishbone... Really tight...you don't know who has the ball most of the time should be and exciting brand this fall
Well crap, I hate that offense. I see a LOT of fumbles in our future.

elvis26

;D cody did a great job at trumann!!!!!!!!! they went undefeated this past year!!!!!!!!! they were very exciting to watch!!!!!!!!!!!!! good luck cody we are going to miss you at trumann!!!!!!!!!!!!

purpleswag

Quote from: MTINDIANFAN on June 03, 2015, 04:45:17 pm
Quote from: mtindian42 on May 24, 2015, 04:43:05 pm
Well crap, I hate that offense. I see a LOT of fumbles in our future.

Why? This statement makes NO sense. Because they run a double tight wishbone they will fumble a lot?

MTINDIANFAN

If its the offense where the QB just turns around and the RB's go in 3 different directions, then yes, I can see us fumbling. On top of that, the center and guards must hold their blocks long enough for the exchange to be made. We have not been good at holding blocks. Our success has been RB's hitting quick opening holes. Don't get me wrong, I'll back the coach 100%. It is just going to be a tough couple of years until the discipline sets in. 

FD4

I have seen a tight bone O before, it worked pretty well.  George Sheldon ran it at Augusta, Dollarway and Watson Chapel.  You can option out of it pretty well, hit that quick hole like you were mentioning, but the best part is being able to trap out of it.  Your Center and Guards don't need to sustain for the trap, just scrape and blow up the line backers, by the time the LB's read the guards pull, the play is already by him.  But....It is tough to come in to the HC job from JR High, big difference in the mentality of the players.  You know, 17 going on 27 so to speak.  Wish the Indians well from here in Wynne.  Except for that Umpire that called the McCrory Woodlawn game a few weeks ago.  That was pitiful, both ways.

rcd9146

That umpire was from Pocahontas not MT. And yes he was terrible both ways.

brown2010

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas