• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fort Smith Southside at Greenwood - The Battle for Sebastian County

Started by RDâ„¢, October 12, 2012, 10:36:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerDog

It has taken me a little while, but I have finally figured out why a bunch of fans of a team that has two losses, hasn't won a Championship in 6 years and is playing a team from a lower classification is acting like they are this week..........

We ARE your Super Bowl. You know you can't win the 7A State Championship....You have to hang your hat on beating the team of the decade....you have to beat the Hillbillies to say you have done something......you have to beat little brother to feel better about yourself because you have nothing else to hang your hat on..lol lol lol lol lol I get it now.....

You keep up the dream that is beating the U of G. I understand that now we ARE your Big Game......I hope some day that you will be ours and we can recipricate your anxiety induced posts.  ;D ;D

TigerDog

It has taken me a little while, but I have finally figured out why a bunch of fans of a team that has two losses, hasn't won a Championship in 6 years and is playing a team from a lower classification is acting like they are this week..........

We ARE your Super Bowl. You know you can't win the 7A State Championship....You have to hang your hat on beating the team of the decade....you have to beat the Hillbillies to say you have done something......you have to beat little brother to feel better about yourself because you have nothing else to hang your hat on..lol lol lol lol lol I get it now.....

You keep up the dream that is beating the U of G. I understand that now we ARE your Big Game......I hope some day that you will be ours and we can recipricate your anxiety induced posts.  ;D ;D

Baitshop

Yeah....that's it.....playing Bentonville, HarBer, Fayetteville, NLR, etc....they were just gimme's....

Getting to play Greenwood is what we all aspire to.....

Eddie Goodson

7AFBFAN

What do you expect when the toughest team on your schedule to date is Parkview? Last year the toughest team on their schedule lost to El doo doo by 14.  Peewee sissy football is over come Friday night.

Greenwoodalum

Woulda...coulda...shoulda, We will never know until all the state champs from every classification plays in a playoff, just giving my opinion just like everyone elses, and thats all they are ... opinions!Fact... THE GREENWOOD BULLDOGS have won more state titles from 2000 till right now than any other team in the state in football,Im a Duck Dynasty and a Dog Dynasty fan!! Hmmmm, dont see any other dynasties !! Jealousy will eat you alive... or so i have heard!! I just love watching some of these postings and people name calling and cutting down others, alot of class there!! Look forward to a great game Friday night!! Especially since some of the SS faithful are so big on just how great the 7A is but only have them picked by less than 10! DWWD!!!

Baitshop

Quote from: Greenwoodalum on October 18, 2012, 02:14:18 pm
Woulda...coulda...shoulda, We will never know until all the state champs from every classification plays in a playoff, just giving my opinion just like everyone elses, and thats all they are ... opinions!Fact... THE GREENWOOD BULLDOGS have won more state titles from 2000 till right now than any other team in the state in football,Im a Duck Dynasty and a Dog Dynasty fan!! Hmmmm, dont see any other dynasties !! Jealousy will eat you alive... or so i have heard!! I just love watching some of these postings and people name calling and cutting down others, alot of class there!! Look forward to a great game Friday night!! Especially since some of the SS faithful are so big on just how great the 7A is but only have them picked by less than 10! DWWD!!!

Southside is better than the Alabama Crimson Tide.....

See how easy that is....when you don't have to prove it on the field....

Two words for you 5A beasts.....HAR BER  45-15 & 35-0....

RGP

You're still an idiot.

Billyo62

I see a few 7A West team ahead of Greenwood.

http://calpreps.com/Arkansas_dynasty_ratings5.htm

http://calpreps.com/Arkansas_dynasty_ratings.htm

Dogs78

Southside Super Bowl tickets go on sale at 5pm tomorrow night!!

Come early... ;D

Greenwoodalum

MrNiceGuy

Are you guys serious?  Is this going to be a blowout?

Surely greenwood can win in a down year for the rebs

Dogs78

Quote from: RGP on October 18, 2012, 02:32:35 pm
You're still an idiot.

hmmm....
RGP you've been an idiot for about 13 pages deep on this thread.  ::)

RGP

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on October 18, 2012, 01:53:18 pm
^^^^Now that is high quality smacktalk.^^^^
Maybe for the junior high board or Crossett game threads. Not in big boy land.

Quote from: TigerDog on October 18, 2012, 12:15:07 pm
Let's clear a couple things up:

Our two losses. Both to big boy teams by a combined four points. One of those losses was to a team that beat you by 70 points in two years. Our nonconference win? To the team you'll see in the state championship. And we beat them by 17. We always start slow and end hot. This is nothing new for us. Our season has ended the last four years to Bentonville or Fayetteville. Two schools with better dynasties and much better programs than Greenwood.

2008: 7A State Championship Appearance
2009: 7A State Championship Appearance
2010: Lost to 7A Semifinals
2011: Lost in 7A Semifinals to State Champion

Yes, our last state title in Big Boy land was in 2006. But we've played and beat teams each of those years that would curb-stomp Greenwood. We haven't been playing scrubs like you guys playing for 33rd place or in this current conference....

You are not the team of the decade. (http://calpreps.com/Arkansas_dynasty_ratings.htm ... Those schools look familiar? Maybe look at who we've been playing.)

You are not the team of the past 5 years. (http://calpreps.com/Arkansas_dynasty_ratings5.htm ... Notice we're ranked five spots ahead of you.)

Thus, you aren't anywhere close to our Super Bowl. You're the second best team in our county and the bragging cousins who think they own the world. That's why we're excited for this game. Our FF dominance has nothing to do with you and everything to do with us.

This year's Greenwood team doesn't even know what a big game is. Get ready for one Friday night. And try not to reciprocate what happened last time you had one and lose by 35 points.  ;)

RGP

Quote from: TigerDog on October 18, 2012, 12:11:27 pm

Post on two threads, I'll respond in two threads.

Let's clear a couple things up:

Our two losses. Both to big boy teams by a combined four points. One of those losses was to a team that beat you by 70 points in two years. Our nonconference win? To the team you'll see in the state championship. And we beat them by 17. We always start slow and end hot. This is nothing new for us. Our season has ended the last four years to Bentonville or Fayetteville. Two schools with better dynasties and much better programs than Greenwood.

2008: 7A State Championship Appearance
2009: 7A State Championship Appearance
2010: Lost to 7A Semifinals
2011: Lost in 7A Semifinals to State Champion

Yes, our last state title in Big Boy land was in 2006. But we've played and beat teams each of those years that would curb-stomp Greenwood. We haven't been playing scrubs like you guys playing for 33rd place or in this current conference....

You are not the team of the decade. (http://calpreps.com/Arkansas_dynasty_ratings.htm ... Those schools look familiar? Maybe look at who we've been playing.)

You are not the team of the past 5 years. (http://calpreps.com/Arkansas_dynasty_ratings5.htm ... Notice we're ranked five spots ahead of you.)

Thus, you aren't anywhere close to our Super Bowl. You're the second best team in our county and the bragging cousins who think they own the world. That's why we're excited for this game. Our FF dominance has nothing to do with you and everything to do with us.

This year's Greenwood team doesn't even know what a big game is. Get ready for one Friday night. And try not to reciprocate what happened last time you had one and lose by 35 points.  ;)

7AFBFAN

SS beat their toughest central competition last week by 14. Tick tock. 

RGP

Quote from: Dogs78 on October 18, 2012, 02:50:51 pm
hmmm....
RGP you've been an idiot for about 13 pages deep on this thread.  ::)
You have said nothing of note this week. Just know I've been praying your son won't be one of the many injured on Friday for the Bulldogs.

7AFBFAN

I am pretty sure a hillbilly high education doesn't prepare one for making any positive contributions so you may have to cut her some slack RGP. I tried to get somew basic info on whether the son plays offense or defense but of course no reply. I just wonder if maybe he holds up the cards.

RDâ„¢

Last big game, we had, we were winning a State Championship, going undefeated..

Southside was bouncing balls.

RDâ„¢

Quote from: Baitshop on October 18, 2012, 02:31:55 pm

Southside is better than the Alabama Crimson Tide.....

See how easy that is....when you don't have to prove it on the field....

Two words for you 5A beasts.....HAR BER  45-15 & 35-0....
Again --- with the whole Har-Ber game that happened 4 years ago, why does that matter now? Seriously, that was a REBUILDING Greenwood team.

7AFBFAN

Sorry RD but beating up on Batesville or Berryville or whoever is not a big game.  The super bowl talk crap is retarded. SS has no less than 5 games a year that tops playing the over inflated egos from GW.

Billyo62

Quote from: RD on October 18, 2012, 03:01:50 pm
Last big game, we had, we were winning a State Championship, going undefeated..

Southside was bouncing balls.

Batesville..oooooh that sounds tough to the big boys...

Greenwoodalum

7AFBFAN

I expect with all this talk that Bentonville and Harber will be on the noncon schedule next year? Surely you boys want competition. Can't get it from SS from the sound of it so put your big boy pants on and give Harber another call.

Billyo62

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 18, 2012, 03:12:08 pm
I expect with all this talk that Bentonville and Harber will be on the noncon schedule next year? Surely you boys want competition. Can't get it from SS from the sound of it so put your big boy pants on and give Harber another call.

Won't happen soon , why would Bentonville replace teams ranked in the top 100 with a team ranked 600-700 ...Sorry keep your green woodies of self proclaimed awesomeness down in the minors...

the Padre

Just a thought here from the old Padre.  Motivation?  Who has it most.  We all know that Greenwood absolutely wants to beat Southside to prove they belong.  Does Southside REALLY want to beat Greenwood, (like they use to WANT to beat Northside)?  Or is Southside's motivation here NOT TO LOSE.  There is ALWAYS a big difference in a team playing to win and one playing not to lose.

Just a thought.

TigerDog

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 18, 2012, 03:12:08 pm

Once upon a time we scheduled a Big Boy team, beat said Big Boy team and then the Big Boy team would not schedule us again because they were scared........

Now the AAA makes us play them and all week their anxiety filled posts about how they made it to the semi finals fills our screens. Then I discover that their administration wants to be placed back in the 7A West so they don't have to play us every year. You see, if they don't play us, they can spout off at the key board about how good they are......tic toc

Brian G

Quote from: RD on October 18, 2012, 09:50:16 am
2 wins, says we are right behind Bentonville. Agreed?
Easy Gate.  You're still playing the bottom of the 7A.

Quote from: RD on October 18, 2012, 09:43:14 am
We run table the next two weeks, there is only one team higher than us...that is Bentonville.

Interesting word choice.

TigerDog

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 18, 2012, 03:08:13 pm
Sorry RD but beating up on Batesville or Berryville or whoever is not a big game.  The super bowl talk crap is retarded. SS has no less than 5 games a year that tops playing the over inflated egos from GW.

Yeah RD, Big games mean losing two games to teams from Northwest Arkansas......

Billyo62

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on October 18, 2012, 10:44:17 am
"IF" Greenwood loses this week they will beat Conway next week meaning the polls will even out..."IF" Greenwood wins this week chances are they could lose next week and again the polls even out for them...I just don't see Greenwood winning both games against SS and Conway...but I also would bet the farm they don't lose both either. Say what you want, but Rick doesn't lose two in a row very often...
Now, RD should be right when he says that "IF" Greenwood wins both games they should be sitting right behind Bentonville...

I always thought that polls were fairly stupid anyway. If you have a playoff system in place then the "POLL" will be settled in the end. I also wish we would have a playoff system where the top 3 classes would play for an overall state title after the regular playoffs were over. that would settle this 7A/6A/5A thing once and for all...and do the same with 4A/3A/2A...or maybe just do 7A vs. 4A and 5A vs. 6A and then let the two winners play...that would be cool... ;)

What Poll are you refering too?

Billyo62

Quote from: TigerDog on October 18, 2012, 03:36:55 pm
Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 18, 2012, 03:08:13 pm

Yeah RD, Big games mean losing two games to teams from Northwest Arkansas......

You know the 2A has big games to them....  ;D

Dogs78

Truth is SS is a mid to low level 7A school. You have no more to bring to the table than a high level 5A or 6A school. I doubt SS would have even won State in the 5A last year. It appears to me that the coaches at SS are happy with simply being average. Otherwise, this power house team that I keep hearing about would have maybe a little more noise the last few years.

Average and disappointing to the SS fan base. This year is no different for you Dixie chics.

7AFBFAN

Tigerdog, GW punks running their mouths like you is why SS will be there with a cause tomorrow night. You and padre can bet SS is not showing up with any other intention than to win and win big.

BG come on SS is surely a little better than the bottom of 7A. When do we get to see your prediction on the game?

Billyo62

Quote from: Dogs78 on October 18, 2012, 03:42:01 pm
Truth is SS is a mid to low level 7A school. You have no more to bring to the table than a high level 5A or 6A school. I doubt SS would have even won State in the 5A last year. It appears to me that the coaches at SS are happy with simply being average. Otherwise, this power house team that I keep hearing about would have maybe a little more noise the last few years.

Average and disappointing to the SS fan base. This year is no different for you Dixie chics.

Actually if you really think Greenwood is all that awesome in the big picture you should be ashamed if you lose, SS lost to Heritage and they are HORRIBLE!

Dogs78

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 18, 2012, 02:57:25 pm
I am pretty sure a hillbilly high education doesn't prepare one for making any positive contributions so you may have to cut her some slack RGP. I tried to get somew basic info on whether the son plays offense or defense but of course no reply. I just wonder if maybe he holds up the cards.

Offense, happy now?  ::)

Freakin cry babies I swear....LOL

Dogs78

Quote from: Billyo62 on October 18, 2012, 03:44:36 pm

Actually if you really think Greenwood is all that awesome in the big picture you should be ashamed if you lose, SS lost to Heritage and they are HORRIBLE!

FINALLY!!! That's what I'm trying to say!!!

the Padre

Southside is looking at this as a "we better not lose to the little 5A team, that could be embarrassing".  Greenwood is looking to win this game to prove they belong.  They are also beginning to gear up for their playoff run so should be kicking their play up a notch or two.  Their scrimmaged are over.  Teams motivations can get real interesting.  Do you want to bet on a team that is playing NOT TO LOSE? of a team that is trying to build on something?

Another theme I've note while reading this crap, about who has beaten who.  Both teams have played basically the same conference teams, (with the exception of Conway), and against common opponents the scores look pretty similar.

Should be a good one tomorrow night.

7AFBFAN

Thank you. He is definitely on the good side.

Billyo, what happened to your 7A pants for the week, you are killing me here.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Billyo62 on October 18, 2012, 03:38:15 pm
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on October 18, 2012, 10:44:17 am
"IF" Greenwood loses this week they will beat Conway next week meaning the polls will even out..."IF" Greenwood wins this week chances are they could lose next week and again the polls even out for them...I just don't see Greenwood winning both games against SS and Conway...but I also would bet the farm they don't lose both either. Say what you want, but Rick doesn't lose two in a row very often...
Now, RD should be right when he says that "IF" Greenwood wins both games they should be sitting right behind Bentonville...

I always thought that polls were fairly stupid anyway. If you have a playoff system in place then the "POLL" will be settled in the end. I also wish we would have a playoff system where the top 3 classes would play for an overall state title after the regular playoffs were over. that would settle this 7A/6A/5A thing once and for all...and do the same with 4A/3A/2A...or maybe just do 7A vs. 4A and 5A vs. 6A and then let the two winners play...that would be cool... ;)

What Poll are you refering too?
Any poll actually...Rich's isn't a poll but you could include that one as well...

Greenwoodalum

Greenwood has the players give their shoe size and RING size when they join the team! LOL,There hasnt been a single class not get a ring since Coach Jones came to town except 2004 his first year and they played for one then! All you SS fans could help out us poor hillbillies and contribute to the ring fund at the gate when you come in!

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: the Padre on October 18, 2012, 03:48:18 pm
Southside is looking at this as a "we better not lose to the little 5A team, that could be embarrassing".  Greenwood is looking to win this game to prove they belong.  They are also beginning to gear up for their playoff run so should be kicking their play up a notch or two.  Their scrimmaged are over.  Teams motivations can get real interesting.  Do you want to bet on a team that is playing NOT TO LOSE? of a team that is trying to build on something?

Another theme I've note while reading this crap, about who has beaten who.  Both teams have played basically the same conference teams, (with the exception of Conway), and against common opponents the scores look pretty similar.

Should be a good one tomorrow night.
I am starting to agree, and if what I heard is true today, SS could be in a heap of trouble...

Smithian

You're embarrassing yourself.

7AFBFAN

GW plays in the juice box classification. Where do I leave my donation?

7AFBFAN

Padre, you are completely wrong. Take some time and talk with some of the players or coaches and you might undersdtand a little more of what I am saying. Not that it matters but I expect you will be changing your prediction soon to match Venny.

Brian G

Quote from: dogbreath on October 18, 2012, 08:08:13 am
Keep in mind there are only 16 teams in 7A, not the 32 that GW has had to deal with year in and year out.  I guess GW should get double credit, which would give us a total of 12.  So there.

Greenwoodalum

Reguardless, all those boy will be wearing rings years from now, SS will just have memories of playing, another fact!!

7AFBFAN

........ removed post since someone took it derogatory rather than the joke it was meant to be. 

businesstron

October 18, 2012, 04:27:38 pm #1047 Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 05:11:00 pm by businesstron
Wow some of y'll Greenwood fans are either delusional or.....just not very bright.

fastdrop

Greenwoodalum

Hey, maybe we can talk our guy that shoots the t shirt gun to come over to the visitor side and shoot some so you all can have one, they do say Your Fans Come To Watch Us Play, ha ha ha!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas