• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who will be the top contender in 3A this upcoming season

Started by biglion1985, July 17, 2017, 12:17:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

luxora4life

Quote from: BigMan15 on August 17, 2017, 11:08:28 am
With the transfers and injury known now my list.

1. Osceola

2. Tuckerman
3. Jesseville
4. Manila
5. ECS
6. Prescott
7. Rivercrest
8. Marshall
9. Clinton
10. Harding

This is what you would call a very down year. Osceola is very loaded and should be a huge favorite although injurys, grades, and move ins always seems to shake things up. Im very interested to see how ECS looks without Robinson. Last year they were a young group overall and could still be a contender. Jesseville with Burlison could make a run. Manilla always plays hard and has some scorers. Charleston would normally be top 10 at least but with the loss of Ewing this team could really hurt but I wouldnt be surprised if they had some guys like Rowland step up and get them going. I still see Charleston winning District although the region should be won by Jesseville.

Osceola will be the same team they were at the end of last year.  And we all know how that team ended their season.

bobcats

Quote from: AmericanMan30 on August 17, 2017, 12:35:54 pm
ECS lost three of their 5 starters. One freshman moved off, and the big guy and other guard graduated. I think they should be lower on the list like 8. Marshall graduated most of their talent, they definitely do not deserve to be named. Valley Spring post player moved to Cave City,and they lost their coach... so that really hurts them this year. They will be down. Clinton should win that conference. I think they should be top 7 on this list. Manila and osceola are easily two of the best teams in the state and deserve their spots on this list.

While Marshall did graduate 4 starters off last years team, their all state and leading scorer is back.  They are adding a district champs jr group who are real good including a All State tournament post player who moved up during the tournament last year.  This years team may not be quite as good defensively but will be much better offensively.  I know its summer camp but they beat Jessieville 25 at Harding.  Dont forget Jessieville has a new unproven coach.

I agree Clinton will be the big favorite. 

bobcats

Quote from: AmericanMan30 on August 17, 2017, 12:35:54 pm
ECS lost three of their 5 starters. One freshman moved off, and the big guy and other guard graduated. I think they should be lower on the list like 8. Marshall graduated most of their talent, they definitely do not deserve to be named. Valley Spring post player moved to Cave City,and they lost their coach... so that really hurts them this year. They will be down. Clinton should win that conference. I think they should be top 7 on this list. Manila and osceola are easily two of the best teams in the state and deserve their spots on this list.

I also would not forget about Yellville, I hear they looked pretty good this summer.

neaguru

Quote from: luxora4life on August 17, 2017, 01:43:21 pm
Osceola will be the same team they were at the end of last year.  And we all know how that team ended their season.
The younger  Caruthers brother not playing?

501Arkansas

Quote from: neaguru on August 18, 2017, 10:44:42 pm
The younger  Caruthers brother not playing?
Yeah he will @neaguru, I don't know what this guy is talking about. Yeah osceola is loaded and is the same team. It won't be like last season. Different style of basketball and a much better attitude. Watch out for them Seminoles

neaguru

Quote from: 501Arkansas on August 18, 2017, 11:49:12 pm
Yeah he will @neaguru, I don't know what this guy is talking about. Yeah osceola is loaded and is the same team. It won't be like last season. Different style of basketball and a much better attitude. Watch out for them Seminoles
I figured he was, he is to good to not be playing. Osceola has some of the best talent and athletes in the state 4a and below in my opinion.

luxora4life

August 19, 2017, 08:58:34 am #56 Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 08:30:10 pm by luxora4life
I didn't say Ky wasn't going to play.  The end of the season I am referring to is when they lost Gilmore. That Osceola which will be this year team (even with Ky who missed the last game of the season last year), is not a team that the rest of the 3a should lose a lot of sleep over this year.

biglion1985

IMO anyone should look out for the NOLES but at the same time people shouldn't overlook the LIONS either

501Arkansas

Got some information today that Makai will NOT be playing for the seminoles. He was kicked off the team

biglion1985

501Arkansas

Quote from: biglion1985 on August 20, 2017, 01:39:50 am
What for 501
Not sure just know it was a coach decision.  Things might change for now and tell basketball season. But as of now he's not on the team

501Arkansas

Quote from: 501Arkansas on August 20, 2017, 01:47:56 am
Not sure just know it was a coach decision.  Things might change for now and tell basketball season. But as of now he's not on the team
Also Mike Caruthers will be playing for blytheville

biglion1985

Oh ok I know the kid has potential I wish him the best of luck

Head Lion

Quote from: 501Arkansas on August 20, 2017, 12:56:58 am
Got some information today that Makai will NOT be playing for the seminoles. He was kicked off the team
He will be enrolling at Manila tomorrow

Lrbasketballguru

terrible offseason for the 3a bball. :(.!lost some very good players. Two top 3 guys in my opinion.

lostintheweeds

So does all of the chatter regarding dismissals and transfers over the past week change any perspectives on the preseason ranking? 

Longfellow

It would seem that Osceola has lost a lot and probably isn't the favorite anymore

Head Lion

Manila had a 6'3" 8th grader move in from Tech, does that count for anything?😂😂

Longfellow

Quote from: Head Lion on August 22, 2017, 10:22:27 am
Manila had a 6'3" 8th grader move in from Tech, does that count for anything?😂😂
It means that some jr high post players are gonna have serious reservations about playing Manila haha

biglion1985

To me that moves the Lions to the 1or 2 spot in my eyes

BigMan15

Honestly I think the moves, transfers, injurys all mean that this year anyone can win it. Manila, Tuckerman, ECS, Osceola, Jesseville, Marshall, Clinton, Prescott, CHarleston, Harding, it may come down to who gets hot late in the year and maybe good jr high players that get moved up after their season that could help the team could be the difference which in Manilas case if the big is good then that could be the help they needed to get over the hump. I would say right now the safe pick is Tuckerman followed by Manilla then who knows!!

Fatbackhawgballz

With him being an 8th grader will he be able to move up

BigLion10

Fatbackhawgballz

That's what I thought. So the big man won't be a factor come tournament time

bobcats

Quote from: BigMan15 on August 23, 2017, 11:05:59 am
Honestly I think the moves, transfers, injurys all mean that this year anyone can win it. Manila, Tuckerman, ECS, Osceola, Jesseville, Marshall, Clinton, Prescott, CHarleston, Harding, it may come down to who gets hot late in the year and maybe good jr high players that get moved up after their season that could help the team could be the difference which in Manilas case if the big is good then that could be the help they needed to get over the hump. I would say right now the safe pick is Tuckerman followed by Manilla then who knows!!

BigMan, didn't Charleston have a real good Jr high group a couple years ago?  They should be juniors and sophs now and ready to roll if they are still together.

BigMan15

They were pretty good but last year they only lost one game. But with Blaine Rowland being one of the only ones last year to see playing time. Experience is limited. Plus the competition between here and the little rock and NEA area is totally different.
THis year they should have

Caudle
Ross
Green
Rowland
Fisher
Turner

Could be good the following year but there tallest player is 6'2 and hes a guard. I believe their posts are 6'1 and 6'0 could be trouble in the post season. In the regular season this team should win pretty easy. But once again the conference is beyond bad. Greenland, Elkins, Mansfield, Cedarville

bobcats

At this point I'm not buying in to all the players leaving Osceola.  One thing I have learned is some teams in E Arkansas seem to have players show up at the last minute out of nowhere.

I believe Charlestons biggest threat in regionals will be Perryville If they indeed have all their starters returning.  By district time Dion Hargrove will have them playing well.

Tuckerman should be the favorite for sure.

Fatbackhawgballz

Tuckerman is well coached and definitely seemed to have a little magic at the right time last year. I certainly hope that they can continue on with that.

lostintheweeds

Quote from: BigMan15 on August 23, 2017, 03:53:10 pm
They were pretty good but last year they only lost one game. But with Blaine Rowland being one of the only ones last year to see playing time. Experience is limited. Plus the competition between here and the little rock and NEA area is totally different.

Caudle
Ross
Green
Rowland
Fisher
Turner

Could be good the following year but there tallest player is 6'2 and hes a guard. I believe their posts are 6'1 and 6'0 could be trouble in the post season. In the regular season this team should win pretty easy. But once again the conference is beyond bad. Greenland, Elkins, Mansfield, Cedarville

I'm looking forward to the season - should be fun!  Is it November yet?  😀

CoolBreeze

Quote from: lostintheweeds on August 26, 2017, 05:18:26 pm
I'm looking forward to the season - should be fun!  Is it November yet?  😀
Not yet. seems like there's a season between now and then for another sport which doesn't come to mind, one that nobody much in Arkansas seems to care much about. I wonder what it could be...

Central Ark

Quote from: BigLion10 on August 23, 2017, 11:35:53 am
No you have to be in 9th

Well he could move up, just couldn't play his senior year then.

biglion1985

You know manila has a pretty salty big guy that is a soph. this upcoming season don't pencil in tuckerman just yet both are well coached and besides any other team mentioned could get hot and make a dangerous run come postseason time

lostintheweeds

Quote from: BigMan15 on August 23, 2017, 03:53:10 pm

Caudle
Ross
Green
Rowland
Fisher
Turner

They have one guard just under 6'4".  And I honestly think one of the posts is a shade taller than that.  Some of that good summertime sunshine must have helped. 😀

BigMan15

Jacob Green is around 6'2 and yes they have a kid that's 6'4 but he won't be in the rotation so I didn't mention him

SackAttack

Two Rivers they are working hard and having great individual practices in august that will most certainly lead to great success in march according to their very young inexperienced but eager coach.

lostintheweeds

Quote from: BigMan15 on August 29, 2017, 11:14:32 pm
Jacob Green is around 6'2 and yes they have a kid that's 6'4 but he won't be in the rotation so I didn't mention him

Jacob Green is just at 6'4" in his shoes. And the Ross boy is a little bit taller than he is. 

BigMan15

I havent seen them in about a month or so. Maybe Ross went from 6'2 to 6'5 not sure and Jacob im sure is not 6'4. Must be the same people that measured Porter last year saying he was 6'8.    BTW maybe im 6'2 with your measurements...haha.

CoolBreeze

People certainly do play games with measurements. I remember when I was on JV team back at Bedrock High they had me listed at 5' 11' [I had grown to 6' 1" since October. One of the varsity starters, the coaches listed at 6' 4", even though I was slightly taller than he was.

Baller_34

Quote from: biglion1985 on August 27, 2017, 01:49:57 am
You know manila has a pretty salty big guy that is a soph. this upcoming season don't pencil in tuckerman just yet both are well coached and besides any other team mentioned could get hot and make a dangerous run come postseason time

Biglion hows y'alls Jr high gonna be this year? I know y'all lost a couple dandys to Sr High but if I'm not mistaken don't y'all have another kid from last year that should be a force inside? Also wasn't the 7th grade from last year pretty salty with some good shooters and a pretty good point guard?

lostintheweeds

Quote from: BigMan15 on August 30, 2017, 10:17:09 am
I havent seen them in about a month or so. Maybe Ross went from 6'2 to 6'5 not sure and Jacob im sure is not 6'4. Must be the same people that measured Porter last year saying he was 6'8.    BTW maybe im 6'2 with your measurements...haha.

I may not be an expert on all things related to high school basketball...but I can still use a tape measure.  Jake is just under 6'4" shod.  And Ross looks taller than him to me.
Although I doubt any of it really matters at this point.

BigMan15

biglion1985

Baller I haven't got to pay attention to the junior high team but the point guard he got moved up to the senior team at the end of last season and I think the 7th grade was pretty good last to my knowledge it should be a fun season this upcoming year

MustangRampage

It seems to be mostly discussion about the boys' side around here, but I'm going to go ahead and make the homer call that the Hoxie girls defend their title and repeat as champs.  They return 4 of their 6 girls from last year, including state tournament MVP Sydney Gillham.

Their depth will also be strengthened this year with 4 sophomores moving up.  These factors, coupled with two really good move-ins, and they have all the parts in place for a chance at a truly historic season.

Go Mustangs!

lostintheweeds

September 02, 2017, 11:43:21 am #93 Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 11:48:45 am by lostintheweeds
With all due respect to the other sports (sincerely)... I just can't wait to see the season start again.  Go Tigers!

BigMan15

biglion1985

Same here I don't disrespect football but I can't get into it like I can basketball

Jimbo Morphis

tigerblood

I will tell ya who is going to win the 3A girls and boys this year........THE VALLEY SPRINGS TIGAS! Just get ready because we are coming for you!

Lrbasketballguru

I agree with y'all. I LOVE football, but at the high school level, especially in Arkansas, basketball can't be beat.

strongandsteady

Prescott has a state championship caliber team with the height and athleticism. Only way I see them getting beat is if they get out coached.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas