• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official Lendel Thomas Classic Thread

Started by silvers, November 21, 2008, 10:47:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pantherblue

pantherblue

Go Postal

Woo Hoo Golden Goblins - 48 to 44, "The Goblins will get ya if ya don't watch out." 8)  Don't you love a close game instead of a blowout. :)  Congratulations to ALL TEAMS for your great playing and great talent!!! :)  May y'all do well in the rest of the season!!!
LET THERE BE GREAT BASKETBALL AND MAY THE BEST TEAM WIN

pantherblue

Great job Harrison!!  See you next Friday night   :)

HawgDaddy

Great game!!! Harrison's Austin Tate and Heath Nicholas were the difference.  As a high school basketball fan, you love to see kids lay it on the line.  Both teams did a great job.

For those of you that weren't at the game, Coach Lynch got a technical foul for making contact with an opposing player.  However, Coach Lynch was in his coaching box when the player ran into him.  The official across the court saw the inadvertent contact and called a technical.  It was not the right call, but it did not cost Bergman the game.  Bergman missed a couple of open lay-ups and several free throws that were more costly.

The atmosphere was great!!!  I wish a Harrison Administrator would restrict the students from taunting the opposing players during pre-game warm-ups.  One student in particular was out on the floor talking to any player that would come close to him while they were warming up. 

Again.....great game Harrison.  You did an excellent job honoring your former coach!  Congratulations!

Silver Haired Fox

Agreed, this was a great game and should be played every year!!!

I think it would be great if somehow Bergman and Valley could both be invited in the future. Although it's already one of the best tourneys in the area, I believe adding those schools could take it to another level due to the local fan supports for both schools.

I also agree the missed layups and free throws cost us the game and not the refs.

Atmosphere was great!!! I love it when games are highly anticipated and very competetive!!!! Blow outs do just that, they BLOW!!!

I completely agree that the student section was very questionable in their actions, especially considering the AAA rules banner that's hanging in the gym and they violated almost every rule on it. Hate to say it and know I'll get reemed for but that's pretty classless.

As a Panther fan I do want to thank Coach Tice, his staff and volunteers for putting on a great tournament.
GREAT JOB!!!

Panthers boys we are very proud of all of you. Love your effort night in and night out. Keep playing hard and have fun.

PANTHER FAN FOR LIFE

Go Postal

+1 to Hackerhog, pantherblue, Silver Haired Fox and HawgDaddy for their positive opinion.

speedster

How did they Mena vs Bentonville game turn out?

Silver Haired Fox

Just curious... what does the sign 'boats and hoses' mean that a Harrison student displayed? 

Silver Haired Fox

Bentonville won but don't remember score.

speedster

well that's disappointing.  Atleast I got a true feel for what we are like against good competition.  Beating Huntsville isn't something to frown on, but losing the next two games puts a damp on it.

Go Postal

Quote from: HackerHog on December 31, 2008, 10:17:31 pm
Quote from: Silver Haired Fox on December 31, 2008, 10:08:12 pm
I think it would be great if somehow Bergman and Valley could both be invited in the future. Although it's already one of the best tourneys in the area, I believe adding those schools could take it to another level due to the local fan supports for both schools.

I disagree.  Either one or the other.  Valley and Bergman play each other enough already.  And another beauty of this tournament is we get to see teams from all over the state that we wouldn't normally get to see otherwise.

Quote from: Silver Haired Fox on December 31, 2008, 10:08:12 pm
I also agree the missed layups and free throws cost us the game and not the refs.

If the refs called an even game, it would've been a higher margin of victory for the Goblins.  Harrison had twice as many fouls as Bergman.  Of the shots that Tate missed in the 2nd half, it was because he was getting hammered by 2 guys, but no call.  That said, I'm glad the refs let them play in the 2nd half.  I looked up at the clock w/ 2 min to play and they had called only 2 fouls on Harrison and 1 on Bergman at that point... as opposed to 10 and 5 in the 1st half.
You know what they say... Players play, Coaches coach and Referees - Uh I forgot what they do, somebody please refresh me!!!

Drama Mama ™

Quote from: Silver Haired Fox on December 31, 2008, 10:25:56 pm
Just curious... what does the sign 'boats and hoses' mean that a Harrison student displayed? 
LOL ! We were all asking the same thing.  Somebody said it was some line from a movie...... it was over my head ;D

As for our student section.... they are what they are.  We haven't had much of a student section for a number of years OR much school spirit/involvement.  They may go a little over the top but at least they are there and they are supporting their team.  No harm no foul .......

Good job by both teams. It was an exciting game and kept us all on edge from start to finish.    Good luck to the Panthers the rest of your season.   

HawgDaddy

The sign actually read "Boats and Hose", which is completely inappropriate for display at any sporting event.  I was glad to see the administration make them put it up.

Drama Mama ™

January 01, 2009, 09:59:50 am #64 Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 10:19:11 am by Drama Mama ™
Quote from: HackerHog on January 01, 2009, 09:40:01 am
Quote from: Drama Mama ™ on December 31, 2008, 11:37:31 pm
Quote from: Silver Haired Fox on December 31, 2008, 10:25:56 pm
LOL ! We were all asking the same thing.  Somebody said it was some line from a movie...... it was over my head ;D

If the line is from Step Brothers, it's not "hoses"... LOL!  Subtlety is brilliance.

Quote from: HawgDaddy on January 01, 2009, 09:52:50 am<br />The sign actually read "Boats and Hose", which is completely inappropriate for display at any sporting event.  I was glad to see the administration make them put it up.<br />
LOL ! That's it ! Step Brothers  !  OMG..... I you tubed it ! Holy Moly !   :P Our administration does keep a handle on what's going on.  Kids will be kids.  They're gonna let them have their fun, but within the limits of decency.  Again, don't judge them.  They were just amusing themselves.  Also, I saw some pretty ugly actions out of your own.  So I guess we're even.  ;)

Time to put the belly aching to rest and MOVE on now.  Our student section did their best at playing the 6th man.  They came...... they did their job and they left AND they got into your head.  Mission accomplished.

I've been to Bergman/Valley games. . . . . . I'll leave it at that.  Ugliest games I've ever witnessed in the way of unsportsmanlike behavior in the stands.  So let's nip this one in the bud  ;D

HawgDaddy

Just curious..........what were the pretty ugly actions that you saw last night?  And, I'm not belly aching........it was a great game. 

Drama Mama ™

Quote from: HawgDaddy on January 01, 2009, 11:17:48 am
Just curious..........what were the pretty ugly actions that you saw last night?  And, I'm not belly aching........it was a great game. 
Fans will be fans. . . . . . time to move on. . . . . Sometimes we don't see ourselves as other do.  I was highly entertained by the game and the fans . 

goblinette

Just for starters, the Cheerleader in Bergman uniform...when Goblin Cheerleader did her flips across the court, (and it was after Bergman cheerleader did hers) yelled "Get your butt on your side of the court". Heard by many Goblin and Panther fans.   Bergman fan sitting behind a Goblin mom and gave her a push when she stood up to yell for Goblins,also seen by Bergman fans who after the game commented on it, and how about the Bergman dad who went storming to the courtside after Coach got technical, and I wasn't even going to mention the push by the Bergman coach!!!
If you watch the replay, it wasn't that much of a push but definetely a push...the player did not run into him!

Silver Haired Fox

i didn't the bergman dad charge the floor. who was it???

Drama Mama ™

January 03, 2009, 11:56:13 pm #69 Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 12:09:46 am by Drama Mama ™
Quote from: goblinette on January 03, 2009, 11:47:57 am

Just for starters, the Cheerleader in Bergman uniform...when Goblin Cheerleader did her flips across the court, (and it was after Bergman cheerleader did hers) yelled "Get your butt on your side of the court". Heard by many Goblin and Panther fans.   Bergman fan sitting behind a Goblin mom and gave her a push when she stood up to yell for Goblins,also seen by Bergman fans who after the game commented on it, and how about the Bergman dad who went storming to the courtside after Coach got technical, and I wasn't even going to mention the push by the Bergman coach!!!
If you watch the replay, it wasn't that much of a push but definetely a push...the player did not run into him!
And this is why you are one of my favorite peps  ;)  You said everything that I held back .......  yep...... just about summed it up all right there  ;D  Not only was it a push but it was a push made when he was frustrated and clearly angered over a call that he felt was wrong.   
As for the tumbling incident, I think our girls 5 across the WHOLE court was really far more impressive than your girls 14  ;) Thought we were gonna have a girl fight between your girl players sitting on the front row verses our student section. 

btw, the student section is a hoot to watch.  Funny stuff !  I'm gonna miss their leader next year so I guess we're just not gonna let him leave   ;)

Drama Mama ™

January 03, 2009, 11:58:24 pm #70 Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 12:02:32 am by Drama Mama ™
Quote from: Silver Haired Fox on January 03, 2009, 02:42:02 pm
i didn't the bergman dad charge the floor. who was it???
Flip a coin.... could have been 1 of many.  You Bergman folks get a little rowdy . Sit back and watch yourselves sometime.  Pure entertainment. . . . . .hence the reason for a couple of signs held up by our student section ;D  Love your enthusiasm for the Panthers but you folks scare me  ;)   Guess we're just a little more kicked back up here in the 5A West. 

Fighting Okra 4Life

Elvis Hoggoblin

Drama Mama ™

January 07, 2009, 11:07:39 pm #73 Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 11:11:54 pm by Drama Mama ™
 ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas