• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 SEC Pick 'Em Contest

Started by sevenof400, July 29, 2012, 06:37:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

While it is still over one month to the start of the football season, we wanted to make sure folks had time to find this contest given the adjusted structure of the FF forums. 

Since we still have a good bit of time before the contest starts, a comment made at the end of last year was that perhaps the contest needed a tweak or two.  If that is the case, now is the time to start that discussion.  If you have any ideas on a change(s) to this game, please post it and we can discuss. 

Absent any changes, this year's version will work just as last year's did.

We will now begin a SEC Pick'em Contest.  This contest will begin this week and end with the SEC Championship Game. 

Here are the rules:
1.  All games will be SEC Conference games.  No nonconference games.
2.  Pick every elgible game every week.
3.  I will try to post the schedule each week on Monday night.  If you want to work ahead or if I'm late getting it up, go ahead and pick your winner on this thread.
4.  Deadline for each pick is Saturday 10:30 a.m.  In the event of a game earlier in the week, the deadline will the the kickoff of those earlier started game.
5.  It's on you to make sure you have each conference game picked.  It's possible that I will not get them all listed or might even have a wrong date.  Bottomline, you need to pay attention.
Your time stamp will serve as the official entry so be careful if you go back to edit.  It might void a completed game.  Simply "quote" your original entry in that case.

Scoring:
1.  Each game will need to be picked with confidence points.  That means you assign a value to each pick.
2.  Point scale will be one or two or three.
3.  There is no limit to how many games you assign the same value.  Simply go big when you think it's more likely.
4.  If you miss it, you will get a NEGATIVE value equal to your confidence value.
5.  Any pick not made is an automatic (-1)
6.  Cumlative score for the entire season wins.

Example:
Say there are 4 games:
You give a 3 to a game you get correct(+3)
You give a 2 to a game and miss it (-2)
You give a 1 to a game and get it (+1)
You forget to pick a game (-1)

Net Score = +1

Prizes:

There probably won't be one.  I'm doing this for fun and maybe something will present itself later on.  But this is strictly for bragging rights.

SEC FOOTBALL HOME PAGE <Click

CHSTigersFan

Hey didn't I win last year? I can't remember LoL!!

WPWells

sevenof400

Oops.  Missed that one....

Let's crank this back up with the games of Sept. 8

Auburn at Mississippi State
Florida at Texas A&M
Georgia at Missouri

Brian G

Yeah, next week and during this week let's see how many are interested.

CHSTigersFan

Auburn 3
Florida 3
Georgia 3

Gonna start it off good or bad, lol
Oh yeah and Geaux Tigers!!

WPWells

Mississippi State 3
Florida 2
Georgia 3

dc24

yeah buddy

HorseFeathers

Brian G

SouthernerPride

sevenof400

Auburn 3 at Mississippi State
Florida 3 at Texas A&M
Georgia at Missouri 3

For some reason, it is hard to pick three road teams in the SEC especially when all of these teams are likely middle of the pack.  I may not have the right home winner but I see at least one home team winning this weekend.

WPWells

CHSTigersFan

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas