• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Edition: Make your 4A, 5A, 6A and 7A Predictions: Bracket Style!

Started by sevenof400, May 13, 2015, 08:13:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

Compliments of Chaoslord, here is a bracket style challenge for the 5A and 6A playoffs.   

Come on and play the challenge! 

5A Girls
5A Boys

6A Girls
6A Boys

chaoslord

MDXPHD

Quote from: chaoslord on May 27, 2014, 09:51:40 am
Little late on this, but here are the final results. Some of them were already known before the championship game, but for a nice, final, all in one post summary...

4A Girls: Soccerfan01 ran the table, getting all 15 picks correct. Well done. Bulldgos2014 finishes in seoncd with 11/15 for 23 points, and Mijally was third with 20 points, having also gotten 11/15 right.

4A Boys: A tie between HU15 and okdjfka, who both had 24 points on 12/15 correct. I finished in 3rd on 13 points, having gotten 8/15 correct.

5A Girls: MDXPHD was a perfect 15/15. Tied for second were TheCoach1 and KCShinn, who were 14/15. This was the most competitive bracket in the predictor and also the most successful, with an average of 25.18 points per person. Either the 5A Girls are really predictable or we are all really good  ;D

5A Boys: GenesisGuzman16 took this one, 29 points on 13/15. Just1Coach came in second on 24 points, c3crows rounded out the top three with 20.

6A Girls: jtnokomis won, getting 14 points on 8/11. Bulldogs2014 was second with 13, TheCoach1 third with 12.

6A Boys: Bulldodgs2014 won this on 18 points. Usmnt and GavynnK tied for second with 17 points.

7A Girls: I actually won this won, with 25 points. Elpistolero and 7aboyfan tied for second with 16 a piece.

7A Boys: TheCoach1 came in first with 21 points, I came in second with 19, and Sevenof400 took third with 13.

I realized after I started that a few of the brackets didn't have the same number of points (7AG/B, 6AG) after I started collecting things, so my stats aren't quite right, but...hey, close enough.

There were 36 unique accounts who participated, filling out a total of 83 brackets.
Three people filled out brackets for all 8 divisions. Of those, TheCoach1 was the most successful, averaging 9 correct picks per bracket for 16 points.
TheCoach1 actually had the highest average for people who filled out more than 2 brackets with his average of 16 points. At two, Just1Coach averaged 26.50 points, and then soccerfan1 only filled out one bracket that I saw, which was a perfect 32-er.

Here are the results from last year.

chaoslord

So there was a perfect 4AG and 5AG last year. Wonder if we can get three people to run the table this year! There isn't a billion on the line but hey, still willing to offer little prizes to whoever wins each bracket.

MDXPHD

Quote from: chaoslord on May 13, 2015, 08:37:58 am
So there was a perfect 4AG and 5AG last year. Wonder if we can get three people to run the table this year! There isn't a billion on the line but hey, still willing to offer little prizes to whoever wins each bracket.

Yeah, but like you said, the girls were pretty predictable last year in 5A.  This year, there are 3 teams that could win it I think, so it will be interesting. I think LRCA will win, but I like their odds a lot more if they play PA instead of playing Harrison a 3rd time.

Scots10

I don't think they would mind playing Harrison a 3rd time.   Harrison looks a bit lost this year in what they are trying to do and haven't scored on LRCA in 2 full games.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Scots10 on May 13, 2015, 11:05:34 am
I don't think they would mind playing Harrison a 3rd time.   Harrison looks a bit lost this year in what they are trying to do and haven't scored on LRCA in 2 full games.

Maybe so, but it was just 1-0 last game until the final few minutes when Harrison played with desperation.  Harrison had a few good chances to score and LRCA only had a handful as well.  It was a very close game. I can't comment on the first game between the two teams because I didn't get to witness it.

Also, what do you mean lost? Harrison looks far more disciplined than most of the other teams in the state.

AirWarren

WPWells

Soccermom1

Is there a way to see other people's predictions?

sevenof400

Quote from: Soccermom1 on May 13, 2015, 12:05:11 pm

What fun would that be????  Besides, you may not want to look at mine...

Seriously, as I recall, you can look at other predictions once the tournaments start....

chaoslord

Fairly certain seven is right. I can't see any of this years yet even though I'm the admin of the bracket but I can check out last years no probelm.

AirWarren

chaoslord

OPENING ROUND RECAP
Not a lot to say for the 6/7s since they only played four games, and in the others it's pretty clustered still so there isn't much separating folks today, but figure I'll go quickly today and I can be more in depth tomorrow evening.

4A Girls: Not too many surprises here. In fact, 8 of our 14 participants got all of the opening games right with two others both getting one game wrong (they had Malvern over Berryville). Could be a lot of people going the distance in this one!

4A Boys: Four of our 23 brackets are perfect after day 1, and a further 8 were only one off. Again, not too many surprises here, so we will see how it all shakes out.

5A Girls: Two perfect, four just one off, all four having picked North Pulaski to defeat Batesville. Shaping up to be another tight one.

5A Boys: Oh dear. This was a bloodbath. Three folks were off by just one, but two of those had LRCA winning the whole thing. It looks like it will be a straight shootout between mijally (if Maumelle wins) and Taxman (if DeQueen wins) to take this one, but we'll just have to wait and see how tomorrow plays out.

6A Girls: Two perfect in the bunch after the first four. Not a lot to say on it, everyone is still alive. Tomorrow might cut the numbers down.

6A Boys: This one is interesting to me because all 17 participants went 3/4 today, and 16 of the 17 still have the potential to finish 10/11.

7A: In both classifications, two people went perfect.

Go Postal

chaoslord, trying to put my quarterfinals in as GoPostal, it won't let me do that.  What am I doing wrong?  Is it too late for doing that?  Noob on this site.

Go Postal

I'm trying as a noob to put in the 5A girls quarterfinal as...
PA (5A State Runner-up)
Harrison (5A State Champ, though VV is pretty good.)
LRCA (one of Harrison's other private school nemesis over the years.  Nuff said.)
Greenbrier (one of Harrison's local rivals, played them and LRCA to get to the finals this year.)

chaoslord

Quote from: Go Postal on May 14, 2015, 10:01:19 pm
chaoslord, trying to put my quarterfinals in as GoPostal, it won't let me do that.  What am I doing wrong?  Is it too late for doing that?  Noob on this site.

The predictions all have to be put in before the tournament begins, March Madness style. I'm sorry that I put it together late this year, just wasn't thinking about it.

Go Postal

Quote from: chaoslord on May 15, 2015, 07:55:52 am
Quote from: Go Postal on May 14, 2015, 10:01:19 pm

The predictions all have to be put in before the tournament begins, March Madness style. I'm sorry that I put it together late this year, just wasn't thinking about it.
Thanks anyway, my bad.

Quote from: Go Postal on May 14, 2015, 10:25:07 pm
I'm trying as a noob to put in the 5A girls quarterfinal as...
PA (5A State Runner-up)
Harrison (5A State Champ, though VV is pretty good.)
LRCA (one of Harrison's other private school nemesis over the years.  Nuff said.)
Greenbrier (one of Harrison's local rivals, played them and LRCA to get to the finals this year.)

But my prediction for the 5A girls would have been right on. ;)

chaoslord

QUARTERFINALS

4A Girls: 12th Man CHS is the lone perfect bracket after the first two rounds. Go Jacks Go, The Coach, Lucky Guess, and chandler are right there, one pick off.

4A Boys: The Coach, 3-2, and 4a State are all perfect and all have different winners selected. That means at least one of them will fall today.

5A Girls: The Coach and Battle of Three brackets are perfect and their champions could meet next week in the final game.

5A Boys: MDXPHD, 12th Man CHS, and Just 1 Coach are at the top. Gonna come down to if Maumelle or DeQueen win the tournament (or neither! Just throw all the predictions into more chaos)

6A Girls: MDXPHD and Cinderella are perfect but their champions play each other today. Winner probably takes the it.

6A Boys: No one is perfect but there are nine brackets that could be 10/11. Think this one is going to end up with multiple tied brackets as champions.

7A Girls: sevenof400 is perfect but made a bold pick, imo, in taking Bryant over Bentonville. We will see if he is rewarded today!

7A Boys: Badger, Willr15, and Cabotred all have a shot at 10/11 (no perfects), but Bentonville v Catholic will eliminate at least one of them.

Handful of shouts at perfection, this is exciting!

Cabotred

Quote from: Soccermom1 on May 13, 2015, 12:05:11 pm

Yes, go to the predictions page then click on players name.  This will bring bracket up. 

Badger

Quote from: chaoslord on May 16, 2015, 07:56:14 am

7A Boys: Badger, Willr15, and Cabotred all have a shot at 10/11 (no perfects), but Bentonville v Catholic will eliminate at least one of them.

Handful of shouts at perfection, this is exciting!

I'm done.  I did the homer pick and had Catholic winning it all over FS Northside - went a little heart over head.  Catholic had been in great form the past couple weeks and played even for a half, but Bentonville is solid at every position with a good bench and wore Catholic down.  Congrats to Bentonville/Northside, the best 2 teams made it.  Should be a great final. 

chaoslord

Semi finals wrap, and some of the brackets are already finished.

4A Girls: Well, there aren't any perfect brackets left, but with no one having picked Gentry to win, The Coach is the winner of this bracket regardless if he gets to 14/15 or not.

4A Boys: No perfects. Down to Taxman if CAC wins or TheGoalkeeper13 if Danville wins. A CAC victory would also jump 4a state to second place.

5A Girls: While Winner Winner Chicken dinner hasn't done great overall, if Pulaski Academy wins they'll sneak away with the victory here. Otherwise, Sevenof400 and Just 1 Coach will tie with 12th Man CHS just behind.

5A Boys: The best anyone can finish is 12/15. MDXPHD and Just 1 Coach tied here and this bracket is over since no one has PA winning. TheGoalkeeper13 will finish 1 point off.

6A Girls: the winner will win if Siloam Springs wins, 6a boys will take it if Searcy wins.

6A Boys: MDXPHD, 12th Man CHS, and Taxman all tied for first

7A Girls: Sevenof400 has wrapped this one up. Their bracket still matters though as the only one that has a shot at perfection. If Bryant wins, we'll have an 11/11. Otherwise, 2015 will close with a handful of "close but no cigar"s.

7A Boys: Willr15 and Cabotred tied for first

chaoslord

Forgot to come back through and update this, whoops. YOUR WINNERS ARE:

4A Girls: The Coach, who was 13/15

4A Boys: Taxman, who went 14/15. 4a State also went 14/15, but got one of the finalists wrong, so the tiebreaker goes to Taxman.

5A Girls: Sevenof400 and Just1Coach tied at 14/15. Batesville beating N Pulaski was the one they both had wrong. Battle of Three also had 14/15 but got one of the finalists wrong.

5A Boys: MDXPHD and Just1Coach tied at 12/15

6A Girls: the winner had 10/11. MDXPHD also had 10/11 but got one of the finalists wrong.

6A Boys: MDXPHD, 12th Man CHS, and Taxman all tied for first at 9/11

7A Girls: Sevenof400 got the only perfect bracket. Congrats!!!!!

7A Boys: Willr15 and Cabotred tied for first at 10/11, having both predicted that Cabot would defeat Rogers

Thanks for playing everyone.

MDXPHD

TheGoalkeeper13

Jdhelbig

chaoslord

I'll put the brackets together tonight or tomorrow as things become finalized. I know a lot of seedlings are already set but a few are up for grabs and I'm traveling today haha.

MDXPHD

Quote from: chaoslord on May 06, 2016, 11:23:25 am
I'll put the brackets together tonight or tomorrow as things become finalized. I know a lot of seedlings are already set but a few are up for grabs and I'm traveling today haha.

We appreciate it!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas