• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Weather updates / field status for all state playoff locations (4A, 5A, 6A and 7A)

Started by sevenof400, May 11, 2015, 07:46:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

Given the rain the last couple of days, let's use this thread to post the latest field status information on the respective state tournaments at:

4A: Burns Park
5A: Hope
6A: Searcy
7A: Cabot (boys) / Bryant (girls)

sevenof400

At present, it has been confirmed that the 4A state tournament will NOT be held at Burns Park.  At this time, there is no decision on where the tournament will be held.

Go Postal

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 11, 2015, 07:58:22 pm
At present, it has been confirmed that the 4A state tournament will NOT be held at Burns Park.  At this time, there is no decision on where the tournament will be held.
[/quote
Quote from: sevenof400 on May 11, 2015, 07:58:22 pm
Dang it, come to Harrison,  even though Harrison will be down in Hope,  we still have some good pitches here for our 4A brothers and sisters.

faith

Surely with all the turf fields in Little Rock they can find places to play the games!  I think it is great of schools like vilonia to offer up their fields.  Just think that if they are wanting to stay more centralized then surely they have some turf fields in Little Rock that schools would offer up.  Hope they get this worked out ASAP!!! People need to make some plans to attend!!

Arbitro

For those who might be thinking that this is North Little Rock being overprotective of the Burns Park fields, I received an email from the state referee assignor this morning saying that the river is supposed to crest sometime around Thursday and put the fields under water.  They are looking for alternate sites in or around the Little Rock area.

This was not included in the email, but I was trying to think of what turf options might be available.  Ones I know of in Little Rock are Quigley field (LR Central), LRCA, and PA.  Within an hour's drive to the south would be Bryant (in use for 7A), Benton, Sheridan, White Hall, and Pine Bluff.  North of the river would include Maumelle, Cabot (in use for 7A), Beebe, and Conway. Which have I missed?

sevenof400

Turf fields in Faulkner County can be found at Greenbrier, Vilonia, Conway, Hendrix College and UCA.   

chaoslord

Was lookin forward to Burns Park. Ah, oh well. Don't envy CAC having to put all this together after originally not even bidding for the thing.

Just1Coach

hogbert

I'm totally ok if Burns closes to protect fields whether under water or not. Region III regional tournament is a big deal for central Arkansas, and they have serious work to do prior to June 19th.

sevenof400

Quote from: hogbert on May 12, 2015, 09:22:17 am
I'm totally ok if Burns closes to protect fields whether under water or not. Region III regional tournament is a big deal for central Arkansas, and they have serious work to do prior to June 19th.

Right there is the understatement of the year.....

It is shameful how the Burns Park fields have been allowed to degrade over the years...I miss John Crow...

KCShinn21

Are there other options in the Little Rock area to host the tournament?

Arbitro

Quote from: KCShinn21 on May 12, 2015, 10:00:11 am
There is no other single location that can handle the 16 games on Thursday.  That is why AAA is looking into holding games at multiple sites.

Basketball13

Quote from: Arbitro on May 12, 2015, 10:14:25 am
Quote from: KCShinn21 on May 12, 2015, 10:00:11 am
There is no other single location that can handle the 16 games on Thursday.  That is why AAA is looking into holding games at multiple sites.

Too bad we can't just change cities and go to Harrison.

ricepig

Updated brackets and locations.

Go to link below to view updated 4A State Soccer Bracket
http://t.co/Laff8PdYQi

Hootiethehog

That 4A bracket isn't updated. Is there a fully-filled out one out there somewhere right now?

ricepig

Quote from: Hootiethehog on May 12, 2015, 05:03:27 pm
That 4A bracket isn't updated. Is there a fully-filled out one out there somewhere right now?

It's filled out with the locations at.Maumelle, UCA, and CAC.

Go Postal

Saw the condition of rain/river on the Burns park fields on Veagle twitter,  my goodness, water polo.  seven, can you post this link here also?  Wow, the river runs through it.  Hopefully our 4A brothers and sisters will have a place to play.  This is a great time for all soccer schools from any conference to band together and find a place for this sport in 4A playoffs.
Then saw this...

Quote from: ricepig on May 12, 2015, 05:08:01 pm
Quote from: Hootiethehog on May 12, 2015, 05:03:27 pm

It's filled out with the locations at.Maumelle, UCA, and CAC.

Arkansas teams and schools, play the heck against each other, but band together in a common cause. ;D

chaoslord

Per the new document on the AHSAA website, the Maumelle fields will NOT have a concession stand, so plan accordingly

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas