• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please Post Week 9 Scores (All Classifications) Monday, May 4 to Saturday, May 9 here

Started by sevenof400, May 02, 2015, 09:33:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Coach

onewildrice

fourfourtwo

Go Postal

The good news from a Goblin Nation perspective is that the Golden Goblins and Lady Goblins will be going to the 5A playoffs once again since 2002.  14 times.

The bad news from a Goblin Nation perspective in that there are some great teams to play to get to the 5A finals once again on our bracket. 

soccer72450

fourfourtwo

Quote from: soccer72450 on May 08, 2015, 10:05:44 pm
Jonesboro 5  MH 0.   wow
Surely this can't be true. 5-0?  That would give Searcy the 1 seed in East?  Can anyone confirm?

Go Postal

From what I've heard,
VB
Vilonia 4
Greenbrier 1
Final

VB
Harrison 3
Morrilton 0
Final

This win for Vilonia boys should put them at 4th seed.  I hope that you have your stamina up, you will play DeQueen.  LRCA might even be playing them later in the playoffs.  Same to you Warriors, keep your stamina up!

Go Postal

Quote from: fourfourtwo on May 08, 2015, 10:11:13 pm
Jonesboro 5  MH 0.   wow
Surely this can't be true. 5-0?  That would give Joneboro the 1 seed in East?  Can anyone confirm?
Wow!  WTHeck!

fourfourtwo

Quote from: Go Postal on May 08, 2015, 10:14:14 pm
Jonesboro 5  MH 0.   wow
Surely this can't be true. 5-0?  That would give Joneboro the 1 seed in East?  Can anyone confirm?
Wow!  WTHeck!
Searcy would have the tie breaker over Jonesboro.  That's a shocking score since Mountain Beat them earlier in the season 1-0. 5-0 is a shocking.

CoachKJ

6A South

VG Sheridan 5 - Texarkana 0
VB Texarkana 3 - Sheridan 0

On the 6A South Girls this will lock in Sheridan as the 2 seed and they get a bye, also locks in Lake Hamilton girls as the 3 seed.

On Monday, Benton vs Sheridan girls will decide the 4 and 5 seeds. If Benton wins, they are the 4 and Texarkana will be the 5. If Sheridan girls win, then Texarkana gets the 4, and Benton the 5.

hst

5/8 Hot Springs @ Hope

HS VG 2, Hope 1.
HS Girls will be 5A South 4 Seed.

HS VB and Hope VB tied 2-2 at end of regulation.

In shots from the mark HS made 4 and Hope made 3.
FINAL: HS 2(4), Hope 2(3)

Based on tiebreaker points this should make the Trojans the 5A South 3 seed.

Congrats to the Trojans who will have both boys and girls teams in the 5A State Tourney next week!

Hot Springs VB did have GK transported to Hope hospital for possible concussion after colliding with goal post. Results are looking good and he should be able to go home tonight. Asking for thoughts and prayers.

6aSoccer

Quote from: fourfourtwo on May 08, 2015, 10:21:19 pm
Jonesboro 5  MH 0.   wow
Wow!  WTHeck!
Searcy would have the tie breaker over Jonesboro.  That's a shocking score since Mountain Beat them earlier in the season 1-0. 5-0 is a shocking.

Mountain Home beat Jonesboro 2-1 earlier in season not 1-0. Jonesboro also had 2 goals called back that shouldn't have been to go along with a 3rd goal they was never called that crossed the line that the AR missed due to being out of position. Jonesboro controlled every aspect of the game unlock anything Ive ever seen before between these two and stole the 2 seed away from mountain home in the process.

fourfourtwo

Quote from: 6aSoccer on May 08, 2015, 10:40:16 pm
Jonesboro 5  MH 0.   wow
Wow!  WTHeck!
Mountain Hime went into the game the #1 seed and left the #3. Too bad Jonesboro couldn't get the #1 seed

Mountain Home beat Jonesboro 2-1 earlier in season not 1-0. Jonesboro also had 2 goals called back that shouldn't have been to go along with a 3rd goal they was never called that crossed the line that the AR missed due to being out of position. Jonesboro controlled every aspect of the game unlock anything Ive ever seen before between these two and stole the 2 seed away from mountain home in the process.

sevenof400

HST,

How did the May 1 game between Hot Springs and the DeQueen girls finish?  The last score I saw was a halftime score...

Arbitro

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 08, 2015, 11:06:48 pm
HST,

How did the May 1 game between Hot Springs and the DeQueen girls finish?  The last score I saw was a halftime score...
When I spoke with the DeQueen coach tonight he said that the final of the HS-DQ game was 2-0 for DQ

#1soccerfan

5/5/15
VG
Central 2-Cabot 1
VB
Cabot 4-Central 0

5/8/15
VG
Cabot 6-West Memphis 0

Badger

Catholic VB               8
Siloam Springs VB     0

Catholic JVB              2
Siloam Springs JVB    0

hst

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 08, 2015, 11:06:48 pm
HST,

Yes it was 2-0 DQ.

PK

soccer72450

Quote from: fourfourtwo on May 08, 2015, 10:42:26 pm
Jonesboro 5  MH 0.   wow
Wow!  WTHeck!
Mountain Hime went into the game the #1 seed and left the #3. Too bad Jonesboro couldn't get the #1 seed

Yea  was not at the game but sound like MTN HOME got a bit of pay back.      When JBR played MTN Home in MTN Home  they had one player on the field with football cleats and with 3 minutes left in game bagged up all balls expect for the one on the field.    When Searcy lost to MTN Home at MTN Home  there was only one AR and in the PK shoot out the Center Ref allowed MTN HOME to sub out the goalie.     MTN Home is know for Home Cooking.     

chaoslord

The Coach

Quote from: chaoslord on May 09, 2015, 10:06:00 am
Quote from: soccer72450 on May 09, 2015, 09:36:32 am
n the PK shoot out the Center Ref allowed MTN HOME to sub out the goalie.

Whats the issue here?

Was wondering that myself. Lots of teams use a different keeper for pk's. Unless he's saying they subbed out the keeper after pk's had already begun.

soccer72450

My bad,  I was under the impression that in pk you must choose 5 from the 11 that where on the field at end of play.   This came from a Searcy Player.   They might have just changed position with another player that was on the field at end of reg. play.     Question coach   What is the rule on AR'S,   Ball Persons and Correct equipment on players.   I have attended a lot of game for club and they always have 2 AR'S and check the team for correct equipment.   Also what is the rule for clock stoppage in High School?   In club the clock runs all the time and stoppage time is added at end of Reg. Play.

The Coach

Quote from: soccer72450 on May 09, 2015, 11:05:01 am
My bad,  I was under the impression that in pk you must choose 5 from the 11 that where on the field at end of play.   This came from a Searcy Player.   They might have just changed position with another player that was on the field at end of reg. play.     Question coach   What is the rule on AR'S,   Ball Persons and Correct equipment on players.   I have attended a lot of game for club and they always have 2 AR'S and check the team for correct equipment.   Also what is the rule for clock stoppage in High School?   In club the clock runs all the time and stoppage time is added at end of Reg. Play.

Home team is supposed to have adequate ball boys/girls. Obviously having a center and 2 AR's is the most ideal but I've seen plenty of dual systems work if those 2 can keep up with the action on the field. The officials typically ask the coaches at the coin flip if the players are legally equipped and then it's on the coaches to ensure that the players are. The clock stops for goals, cards, and injuries in high school soccer.

Lionheart88

Football cleats aren't necessarily illegal either.  Not preferred, but they can be legal if they meet the standards.

chaoslord

That's a difference between club and HS. In HS, any player, whether on the field or bench, is eligible for the penalty shootout. Because of this, after 10 kicks by each team everyone becomes eligible again, so kicker 1 could be kicker 11 (or even kicker 10 could then turn around and be kicker 11). Keeper is the same way, you can either roll with the keeper on the field or choose a different one. Once the keeper is designated, though, you're stuck with that choice unless there is an injury.

The Coach

Quote from: chaoslord on May 09, 2015, 12:29:30 pm

That's a difference between club and HS. In HS, any player, whether on the field or bench, is eligible for the penalty shootout. Because of this, after 10 kicks by each team everyone becomes eligible again, so kicker 1 could be kicker 11 (or even kicker 10 could then turn around and be kicker 11). Keeper is the same way, you can either roll with the keeper on the field or choose a different one. Once the keeper is designated, though, you're stuck with that choice unless there is an injury.

Unless it's pk's in Decatur where they say if the players are on the roster they have to go. When the coach told the refs that after 10 they could use anyone he was told no that every player on the roster had to go before using a player twice.

chaoslord

Quote from: The Coach on May 09, 2015, 12:36:01 pm
Unless it's pk's in Decatur where they say if the players are on the roster they have to go. When the coach told the refs that after 10 they could use anyone he was told no that every player on the roster had to go before using a player twice.

Oof, that's rough. Wonder if that's protestable since it is a misapplication of the rules rather than a judgment. Relevant section from the AAA Soccer Handbook for anyone who hasn't read it

Repetition
No player may repeat an attempt until the first ten players have taken attempts. The second rotation does not have to be in the order of the first round. Goalkeepers are not required to participate as a shooter in the tiebreaker, unless the number of eligible players drops below 10 or less.

soccer72450

Thanks guys that clears those issues up for me.    A few more questions.   Who is responsible for balls in game and how many.   I saw one home team starting to bag al balls with 3 minutes left in game.   This home team was up by one at time and left one ball on field of play.    They would kick the ball out forcing the visiting team to run after ball.  I understand it is legal to kick it out but it seemed that a lot of time was wasted in tracking that one ball.    Next can a team be off sides on a throw in?      If a throw in goes into the net with no touch does that goal count.   Saw one guy throw on into net from the 20 and ref disallowed goal.    Does the center ref have the ability to stop clock when they choose?     Thanks for the info guys.

chaoslord

Quote from: soccer72450 on May 09, 2015, 01:15:31 pm
Thanks guys that clears those issues up for me.    A few more questions.   Who is responsible for balls in game and how many.   I saw one home team starting to bag al balls with 3 minutes left in game.   This home team was up by one at time and left one ball on field of play.    They would kick the ball out forcing the visiting team to run after ball.  I understand it is legal to kick it out but it seemed that a lot of time was wasted in tracking that one ball.    Next can a team be off sides on a throw in?      If a throw in goes into the net with no touch does that goal count.   Saw one guy throw on into net from the 20 and ref disallowed goal.    Does the center ref have the ability to stop clock when they choose?     Thanks for the info guys.

The home team is responsible for the balls and is required to provide at least 3 (one in play, one held by each ballhandler). That said, as far as I'm aware the visiting team could provide a ball/balls as long as the referee checks it and finds it legal. Haven't seen anything that says otherwise, but the referee would be within his rights to just defer to the 3 that the home team has provided. If the home team bagged down to only 1 ball, the head coach could be cautioned I imagine.

A player can't be penalized for being offside on a throw in, corner kick, or goal kick.

A goal can't be directly scored from a throw in. Has to touch someone on the field of play first.

Per NFHS 7-4-1, "The clock shall be stopped for an injury, for a penalty kick, for cautioning (yellow card), for disqualifications (red card), following the scoring of a goal and when a referee orders the clock be stopped." That last little clause means that yeah, a referee can stop the clock whenever. For example, if a team is repeatedly substituting just to run down the clock, the referee can stop it (although that is also explicitly stated at 3-6).

Go Postal

Quote from: soccer72450 on May 09, 2015, 09:36:32 am
Quote from: fourfourtwo on May 08, 2015, 10:42:26 pm
Jonesboro 5  MH 0.   wow
Wow!  WTHeck!

Yea  was not at the game but sound like MTN HOME got a bit of pay back.      When JBR played MTN Home in MTN Home  they had one player on the field with football cleats and with 3 minutes left in game bagged up all balls expect for the one on the field.    When Searcy lost to MTN Home at MTN Home  there was only one AR and in the PK shoot out the Center Ref allowed MTN HOME to sub out the goalie.     MTN Home is know for Home Cooking.   
6A Mtn Home, 5A Harrison.  Good local rivalry since Moses parted the Red Sea.  Bomber alumni (class of '75), Goblln fan from 1988.  Watch both teams in all sports.  "Home Cooking"  maybe yes at times.  "When you don't want takeout, there is always home cooking".  LOL! ;D

carteri

I forgot to mention #8 on your team has got all of my respect. The refund was giving yall a goal kick and your honest #8 told the refund that he made the wrong call because he was the one who kicked it out, giving us a corner kick. HONESTY and INTEGRITY go a long way with me and I wanted you to be aware of just one of the examples of the fine young men on your team. Anything I can ever do to help any of the men on your team, I'm in your corner and I'll do whatever I can to help yall. God will bless yall in state and go have some fun next week(written from one coach to another)...As coaches sometimes we get caught up in the wins and losses, than teaching these young men and women life lessons...I was at a game and a coach let and heard one of his players dis respect an adult an did nothing...moral of story this team that coach was talking about will be going to state with their young heads held high

Arbitro

Quote from: chaoslord on May 09, 2015, 01:35:54 pm
A player can't be penalized for being offside on a throw in, corner kick, or goal kick.
To clarify this statement, a player can't be penalized for being offside on if they receive a ball directly from a throw in, corner kick, or goal kick.

chaoslord

Heritage VG defeat FS Northside VG 1-0 in a twice lightning delayed match to finish 6th in the West, iirc

ruserious?

from 5/8/15     6A East matches

Searcy @ Marion

VG    Searcy 7 - 0 Marion

VB    Searcy 8 - 0 Marion

CoachKJ

6A South Girls

Lake Hamilton 9 - LR Hall 0

LH locks up 3 seed in South because of owning head to head tie breaker against Benton.

CoachKJ

Wasn't a thread for this week's games, so I'm tacking them on the end of this thread.

6A South
5/11/15

VG Sheridan 4 - Benton 0
VB Benton 6 - Sheridan 1

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas