• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 4A (All Conferences) Boys and Girls Standings

Started by faith, April 30, 2015, 03:17:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

faith

As we get ready for playoffs, how are things shaping up in 4A?

HeberFan

razorback

any word on how the conference races are shaping up during the final week of the season?

Basketball13

The 4A-1 Boys race is crazy. As of right now I believe it goes as follows.

1. Dardanelle

2. Decatur

3. Danville

4. Subiaco/Berryville

Dardanelle has to play Decatur this week to decide the #1 and #2. Subiaco has to play Berryville to decide the #4.
Think this is correct, however,  I may be wrong and if so would appreciate being corrected.

KCShinn21

The girls 4A-1 race should finish with Shiloh at #1 and a 3-way tie between Huntsville, Gentry and Berryville for second place. With tie-breakers applied the seeding should be:

1. Shiloh
2. Gentry
3. Berryville
4. Huntsville

razorback

4A-4 Conference

Still a few games left to play this week, but this is how it looks things will ultimately shake out

Girls
1 Episcopal Collegiate (undefeated in conference; no conference games left to be played)
2 Warren (clinched 2nd with win over Hamburg 5/5)
3 Stuttgart (holds tiebreaker over Estem I believe)
4 Estem

Boys
1  Warren (undefeated, game against Lisa 5/7; clinched conference 5/5)
2  Hamburg (only conference loss to Warren)
3  Episcopal Collegiate (losses to Hamburg and Warren)
4  Monticello/Estem/Hermitage I believe are still fighting for 4th

Good luck to the 4A-4!

faith

Quote from: razorback on May 06, 2015, 10:58:24 am
4A-4 Conference

Still a few games left to play this week, but this is how it looks things will ultimately shake out

Girls
1 Episcopal Collegiate (undefeated in conference; no conference games left to be played)
2 Warren (clinched 2nd with win over Hamburg 5/5)
3 Stuttgart (holds tiebreaker over Estem I believe)
4 Estem

Boys
1  Warren (undefeated, game against Lisa 5/7; clinched conference 5/5)
2  Hamburg (only conference loss to Warren)
3  Episcopal Collegiate (losses to Hamburg and Warren)
4  Monticello/Estem/Hermitage I believe are still fighting for 4th

Good luck to the 4A-4!

I believe monticello has 4th place.

The Coach

May 08, 2015, 12:08:43 am #7 Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 09:39:13 pm by The Coach
1-4A Boys top 4 are now set

1. Dardanelle
2. Danville
3. Decatur
4. Subiaco

Good luck to all 4 teams after a very tough and competitive conference season.

Sir Alex

Quote from: The Coach on May 08, 2015, 12:08:43 am
1-4A Boys top 3 are set with 4th to be decided tomorrow

1. Dardanelle
2. Danville
3. Decatur
4. Subiaco / Berryville

What I find most impressive is that Dardanelle played every game on the road this year.  Four more to go, good luck! How do you do senior night on the road?  Ceremony must have been on the big yellow wagon. 

The Coach

Quote from: Sir Alex on May 08, 2015, 05:08:42 am
Quote from: The Coach on May 08, 2015, 12:08:43 am
1-4A Boys top 3 are set with 4th to be decided tomorrow

1. Dardanelle
2. Danville
3. Decatur
4. Subiaco / Berryville

What I find most impressive is that Dardanelle played every game on the road this year.  Four more to go, good luck! How do you do senior night on the road?  Ceremony must have been on the big yellow wagon.

Sr night was done at the last home softball game. Not ideal but better then nothing. Kids spent as much time on a bus as they did in class this spring

Sir Alex

That is priceless Coach.  Hope the field renovations are worth it...  Good Luck.

DHS#1

The Coach

chandler

The filled in brackets probably won't go up on the AAA site until Monday night or Tuesday.  The 1-4A  conference has a coaches meeting Monday morning to finalize their seeds and send them to AAA. If we had the results from conferences 2-4A & 3-4A, we could probably figure it out though.
Quote from: DHS#1 on May 09, 2015, 11:05:06 am
Where can we find the brackets

The Coach

2-4A boys ended up like this I believe:
1. CAC
2. Cosotat River
3. Arkadelphia
4. Malvern

2-4A girls I'm sure CAC is the 1 seed maybe Mena the 2 but Ive got no clue after that

chandler

Quote from: The Coach on May 09, 2015, 11:55:29 am

1. CAC
2. Cosotat River
3. Arkadelphia
4. Malvern

2-4A girls I'm sure CAC is the 1 seed maybe Mena the 2 but Ive got no clue after that

So Malvern will play Dardanelle, CAC v Subiaco, Cosotat River v Decatur, and Danville v Arkadelphia. That's half of the boys bracket. The girls will be more difficult to figure out since there was a three way tie for second place in the 1-4A.

Basketball13

Quote from: chandler on May 10, 2015, 11:19:03 am

1. CAC
2. Cosotat River
3. Arkadelphia
4. Malvern

So Malvern will play Dardanelle, CAC v Subiaco, Cosotat River v Decatur, and Danville v Arkadelphia. That's half of the boys bracket. The girls will be more difficult to figure out since there was a three way tie for second place in the 1-4A.

Predictions?

chandler

Quote from: Basketball13 on May 10, 2015, 03:08:19 pm

1. CAC
2. Cosotat River
3. Arkadelphia
4. Malvern

Predictions?

I'm biased toward the 1-4A, so I'll call the clean sweep (Dardanelle, Danville, Decatur, Subi). They did it last year. I think Subi will have a tough time with CAC though.

Basketball13

Quote from: chandler on May 10, 2015, 04:33:54 pm
Quote from: Basketball13 on May 10, 2015, 03:08:19 pm

1. CAC
2. Cosotat River
3. Arkadelphia
4. Malvern

Predictions?

I'm biased toward the 1-4A, so I'll call the clean sweep (Dardanelle, Danville, Decatur, Subi). They did it last year. I think Subi will have a tough time with CAC though.

Why will Subi have trouble? Is CAC pretty stout?

Soccer5858

I think that subiaco can beat CAC, because the conference that subiaco is the hardest confence in the state. I think subiaco can also keep CAC from scoring

bearcat119

3-4a final boys standings are as follows:

1. Crowley's Ridge Academy
2. Conway St. Joseph
3. Riverview
4. Brookland

All four teams finished 6-2 in conference play.

Arbitro

Quote from: bearcat119 on May 11, 2015, 04:02:33 pm
3-4a final boys standings are as follows:

1. Crowley's Ridge Academy
2. Conway St. Joseph
3. Riverview
4. Brookland

All four teams finished 6-2 in conference play.
That must have been a fun tiebreaker  :o

AirWarren

Romeo

Quote from: AirWarren on May 11, 2015, 04:34:22 pm
Has the final bracket been done?

No official bracket has been released by AAA yet. Looks like Warren boys are playing Brookland in the first round.

forumfan

Burns park closed through the weekend. I guess officials are scrambling to find new fields.

KCShinn21

Any updates as to the site for the 4A Tournament location?

faith

Quote from: KCShinn21 on May 12, 2015, 08:08:51 am
Any updates as to the site for the 4A Tournament location?
Not at this time!  Hoping that they decide soon!

Soccermomma

Does AHSAA have someone check rosters before a game?

sevenof400

Quote from: Soccermomma on May 12, 2015, 08:53:33 am

A roster is presented to the referee prior to the game however, that roster contains a list of the players, their numbers, the coaching staff and bench personnel. 

Arbitro

Quote from: Soccermomma on May 12, 2015, 08:53:33 am
If you are asking if HS is similar to club soccer with state-approved rosters and player passes with photos, the answer is no.  As seven said, teams are required to give the referee a roster with the players' names and uniform numbers, as well as the names of all coaches and other bench personnel (managers, trainers, and any one else authorized to be on the bench).  I don't know what player information is exchanged between the schools and AAA, but I assume they must vouch for the player eligibility in some way.  For the suspicious among you, there is no way for the referee to determine that the person wearing #22 on the field is Joe Smith #22 on the roster, but I assume the penalties can be severe if a team is caught with ineligible players on the field.

Basketball13

The email I have seen says that they are looking for four sites in or around the Little Rock area.

razorback

They need to decide quickly, this is getting ridiculous.  Schools, teams, and parents all have to rearrange their plans and this last minute waiting is just creating more problems for everyone involved.  Not sure why there wasn't a backup plan since burns has been closed so often in this rain soaked season.  Just hope the weather cooperates this week if they put the teams on grass fields wherever they ultimately decide to play the games. :-\ :-\

mijally

Quote from: Basketball13 on May 12, 2015, 11:35:58 am
The email I have seen says that they are looking for four sites in or around the Little Rock area.
Maumelle should be an obvious option.

faith

There are fields all over the state that have turf and we could play on, someone just needs to let everyone know so that plans can be made! 

chaoslord

I'm sure they're working as quickly as they can. This is a guess on my part, but I'd imagine they are working to get turf fields because of the threat of rain, which means for Thursday/Friday finding schools in the area that are going to be okay with having a bunch of people at the football stadium during their school hours. Gotta consider for space for parking for teams and fans while students/teachers/etc are going to be there too. Finding four schools who want to play ball for that could be difficult. I actually really enjoyed playing on PAs field, for example (except for that one corner...), but I doubt PA could host such an event with their relatively limited parking.

AirWarren

Quote from: mijally on May 12, 2015, 12:33:40 pm
Quote from: Basketball13 on May 12, 2015, 11:35:58 am
Maumelle should be an obvious option.

Yup.

chaoslord

MDXPHD

Quote from: chaoslord on May 12, 2015, 01:37:10 pm
Found this on twitter, video of the flooding at Burns

https://twitter.com/DrewPetrimoulx/status/598181702079488001

Didn't realize it was that bad.

I think they should still play.  It would be a good challenge for the kids. 

chaoslord

Just as long as I can use a little boat to move on my line  ;D

Arbitro

I've never refereed in hip waders before.  Or fins and a snorkel.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Arbitro on May 12, 2015, 03:26:44 pm

Quote from: chaoslord on May 12, 2015, 03:07:03 pm
Just as long as I can use a little boat to move on my line  ;D

No telling how many fans would be yelling "let 'em play!" and "c'mon ref, that's a bad call!" in those conditions.

sevenof400

I thought some in the crowd perceived you as doing exactly that...

forumfan

From the AHSAA website:
Due to the Arkansas River being above flood stage, the soccer complex at Burns Park is covered with water. The Corps of Engineers predicts the condition will not begin to improve until Sunday or Monday. Therefore, sites have been changed and are reflected on the bracket. Thursday games will be at:
UCA Soccer Complex, Dave Ward Drive & Donaghey Ave, Conway. Maumelle Parks, Shadow Oaks Dr & Fair Play Way, Maumelle
CAC High School, 1 Windsong Dr, North Little Rock
All Friday games will be at Maumelle Parks; Saturday games at CAC

This is criminal.  CAC field is awful and is not fit for State Playoffs.  Poor grass, 50 yards wide and extremely bowed for drainage.  Not sure of the others.

Hootiethehog

I am trying to fill out my brackets for boys and girls for 4A. I've got a majority of the boys' bracket filled, but I have next to nothing for the girls.

Can anyone fill me in on which teams got what seeds?

For the boys, I basically just need the 4-4A. But the girls, I need all of them.

razorback

Quote from: Hootiethehog on May 12, 2015, 06:45:39 pm
I am trying to fill out my brackets for boys and girls for 4A. I've got a majority of the boys' bracket filled, but I have next to nothing for the girls.

Can anyone fill me in on which teams got what seeds?

For the boys, I basically just need the 4-4A. But the girls, I need all of them.

4a-4 boys and girls seeds:

Girls
Episcopal Collegiate 1
Warren 2
Stuttgart 3
Estem 4

Boys
Warren 1
Hamburg 2
Episcopal Collegiate 3
Monticello 4

Agreed on the CAC field....guess that's the benefit to hosting the state tournament, use your own small field to your advantage i suppose...

The Coach

May 12, 2015, 08:12:37 pm #46 Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 08:19:09 pm by The Coach
It's an absolute joke that state games will be played on CAC's field. Especially the semi finals, where there is a solid possibility their teams could be playing. AAA should not have allowed that to be done. I understand the weird circumstances that have occurred are not anyone's fault but why allow a team to benefit greatly over everyone else.

Arbitro

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 12, 2015, 04:09:02 pm

I thought some in the crowd perceived you as doing exactly that...
Nah.  Maybe a blindfold, but not a snorkel.

Sir Alex

Quote from: The Coach on May 12, 2015, 08:12:37 pm
It's an absolute joke that state games will be played on CAC's field. Especially the semi finals, where there is a solid possibility their teams could be playing. AAA should not have allowed that to be done. I understand the weird circumstances that have occurred are not anyone's fault but why allow a team to benefit greatly over everyone else.

That is a classic, good luck road warrior!

KCShinn21

Quote from: The Coach on May 12, 2015, 08:12:37 pm

I take it the host team does the scheduling and not the AAA? Who assigns the officials?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas