• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Magazine Rattler Football Thread 2023

Started by alaskanstorm, September 23, 2018, 09:37:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonsvoice

Well good luck tonight with the Open Championship, and may the influence of Long Yang be with you next Friday!

RATTLER43

Legacy Lion

Quote from: alaskanstorm on September 28, 2018, 07:23:09 am
And that ladies and gentleman is where the legend of Magazine's Long Yang must end for now.

I just happened upon this little thread, and I must say I have enjoyed it immensely! Alaskan storm, you are the best ! This is the kind of stuff surrounding smalltown football that makes it so enjoyable.  I have  become a Long Yang fan already!  Reminds me of some of the real life heroes where I come from. Alas, every fantasy  from  time  to time should touch base,  even briefly, with reality. I will be revisiting this thread  to continue being regaled by  the  legendary exploits of Long Yang and cohorts. In the meantime, the Mount Ida Lions say hello.

alaskanstorm

September 29, 2018, 12:05:52 pm #53 Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 12:11:43 pm by alaskanstorm
Ah nonbelievers, I get it Long Yang's artistry is hard to grasp but ask any rattler fan and they will tell you the following.  In 2010 when strong and Kenneth Dixon came to town,  Long Yang caught a 50+ yard bomb that bounced off the intended receivers helmet and raced in for he touched to open the flood gates.  Long Yang

Good stories are easy to tell when all you have to do is recount the subject matter.

Legacy Lion

Quote from: alaskanstorm on September 29, 2018, 12:05:52 pm
Ah nonbelievers, I get it Long Yang's artistry is hard to grasp but ask any rattler fan and they will tell you the following.  In 2010 when strong and Kenneth Dixon came to town,  Long Yang caught a 50+ yard bomb that bounced off the intended receivers helmet and raced in for he touched to open the flood gates.  Long Yang

Good stories are easy to tell when all you have to do is recount the subject matter.

Keep on truckin!

alaskanstorm

September 29, 2018, 04:46:02 pm #55 Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 07:28:33 pm by alaskanstorm
Well Hector took care of business last week, so the 4 2AA  conference championship week is upon us.  I'm not going to get anyone to riled up this early in the week but I imagine the emotions will be boiling over by weeks end.  I'll say this game is going to be an old fashioned border war cage match. It is going to get bloody.  I expect the rattlers defense to continue to improve and the wildcats to focus heavily on stopping our big boy 28.  It won't matter he's gonna get his. It is also going to allow the Yang, the Vang and the Tatum Scott  to have break out games.   Tatum Scott is that a double last name combo?  If so, it is good enough for me To predict  the rattlers win!!!  'Ziners 18 Hector 16

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: alaskanstorm on September 29, 2018, 04:46:02 pm
Well Hector took care of business last week, so the 4 2AA  conference championship week is upon us.  I'm not going to get anyone to riled up this early in the week but I imagine the emotions will be boiling over by weeks end.  I'll say this game is going to be an old fashioned border war cage match. It isn't going to get bloody.  I expect the rattlers defense to continue to improve and the wildcats to focus heavily on stopping our big boy 28.  It won't matter he's gonna get his. It is also going to allow the Yang, the Vang and the Tatum Scott  to have break out games.   Tatum Scott is that a double last name combo?  If so, it is good enough for me To predict  the rattlers win!!!  'Ziners 18 Hector 16
No way Magazine hold Hector to 16 points

alaskanstorm

4 scoring possessions was pretty generous I thought on for TD and then three field goals.

HorseFeathers

I remember the play where Yang caught the pass odd the other guys helmets....also remember some folks from strong joking around about how small he was, and he took a heckuva hit where he got bent over backwards, and they stopped talking smack when he popped up and ran back to the huddle lol...

alaskanstorm

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 29, 2018, 07:45:04 pm
I remember the play where Yang caught the pass odd the other guys helmets....also remember some folks from strong joking around about how small he was, and he took a heckuva hit where he got bent over backwards, and they stopped talking smack when he popped up and ran back to the huddle lol...

Magazine's Long Yang

Legacy Lion

Quote from: alaskanstorm on September 29, 2018, 08:29:51 pm
Magazine's Long Yang

My naughty aunt Bessie declares there never has been a Long Yang in Magazine. Says she used to visit there and has her doubts.  I told her to just shut up, you have a story to tell.

alaskanstorm

Quote from: Legacy Lion on September 29, 2018, 09:17:22 pm
My naughty aunt Bessie declares there never has been a Long Yang in Magazine. Says she used to visit there and has her doubts.  I told her to just shut up, you have a story to tell.

Sounds like your naughty aunt Bessie got around and is confusing Hector with Magazine.  She also sounds to be suffering dementia as a result of her conquests.

HorseFeathers

Legacy Lion

Quote from: alaskanstorm on September 30, 2018, 05:02:31 am
Sounds like your naughty aunt Bessie got around and is confusing Hector with Magazine.  She also sounds to be suffering dementia as a result of her conquests.

Hehheh....could be.  She is quite the creature, married into the family and I will never forgive her for uncle Irv's early demise. Coroner  said he passed as a result of heat stroke and over exertion .....indoors.....in the AC!  And she the only witness!  Sounded  fishy to me.  But enough about her! I look forward to hearing about real heroes  from  gifted narrators like yourself! Carry-on!

alaskanstorm

It is game week LL no more stories, now it is time for this weeks prognostications to begin.  The rattlers o-line rises to the occasion this week, despite their size disadvantage, and Big  H 28 rumbles for a buck thirty six and 2 TDs.  Wildcat seems to think because their offense ran up and down the field on  wyc they are unstoppable, laugh ha ha.  On reassessment 'zinners 24 Hector 16

Legacy Lion

Quote from: alaskanstorm on September 30, 2018, 06:48:47 pm
It is game week LL no more stories, now it is time for this weeks prognostications to begin.  The rattlers o-line rises to the occasion this week, despite their size disadvantage, and Big  H 28 rumbles for a buck thirty six and 2 TDs.  Wildcat seems to think because their offense ran up and down the field on  wyc they are unstoppable, laugh ha ha.  On reassessment 'zinners 24 Hector 16

Thanks for letting me play along. It's been fun. Good luck Friday.

Dragonsvoice

I will say good luck to both teams, but going with the Cats 34 to 21. if the Ziners do pull it off weeks 9,10, and 11 will be interesting. Maybe the AAA heard us in saying leave the strongest in conference play at the end of the year?

alaskanstorm

So I spend a whole week invoking the spirt of Long Yang and leave it to r24 along with the rest of the 'zine faithful to keep this board in line and I comeback to find this.  Another thread started by WCA in which him, R24 and H4E are talking about who is going to win by ferocious arm tackling, amazing thumb wrestling, and tidily  winks.  I expect as much from WCA, after all his town is named after the famous Mexican arm and thumb wrestling champion Hector Lopez but I expected better from r24 major disappointment.  Makes me nauseated and there is only one cure for that. 

The date 12-3-2010,  in a game that went back and forth early on the rattlers had climbed in front early in the second 24-21 thanks to a Long Yang 68 yard TD reception.  The 'Cove was looking to stay in the game,  when it happened.  MC had move the ball out to their 38 yard line when on second and 3,  when the rattler LB Dority came on the blitz.  The MC QB reading the ver pulled the ball and headed to the left.  Long Yang quickly converged and was about to get blind sided by da 'cove's pulling guard #68, when Yang at the last second noticed out of his periphery and lowered his shoulder CRACK;  #68's knees buckled as he fell to the ground and Long Yang dashed in between the QB and HB intercepted the pitch and scampered 29 yards for the TD and the rest is history.  Magazine's Long Yang

'zinners 54 cove 30

alaskanstorm

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on October 02, 2018, 05:59:20 pm
I will say good luck to both teams, but going with the Cats 34 to 21. if the Ziners do pull it off weeks 9,10, and 11 will be interesting. Maybe the AAA heard us in saying leave the strongest in conference play at the end of the year?
You need to be pulling for the rattlers DV and a three way tie for first.  Because no matter the score in week nine, your boys will have lost.  Your schedule did you no favors,  in week nine da 'burg is going to go through a meat grinder and will not be able to perform the next week against Hector.  As i have stated this weeks rattler and wildcat game determines who is in the drivers seat.

RATTLER43

Quote from: alaskanstorm on October 03, 2018, 07:46:57 am
So I spend a whole week invoking the spirt of Long Yang and leave it to r24 along with the rest of the 'zine faithful to keep this board in line and I comeback to find this.  Another thread started by WCA in which him, R24 and H4E are talking about who is going to win by ferocious arm tackling, amazing thumb wrestling, and tidily  winks.  I expect as much from WCA, after all his town is named after the famous Mexican arm and thumb wrestling champion Hector Lopez but I expected better from r24 major disappointment.  Makes me nauseated and there is only one cure for that. 

The date 12-3-2010,  in a game that went back and forth early on the rattlers had climbed in front early in the second 24-21 thanks to a Long Yang 68 yard TD reception.  The 'Cove was looking to stay in the game,  when it happened.  MC had move the ball out to their 38 yard line when on second and 3,  when the rattler LB Dority came on the blitz.  The MC QB reading the ver pulled the ball and headed to the left.  Long Yang quickly converged and was about to get blind sided by da 'cove's pulling guard #68, when Yang at the last second noticed out of his periphery and lowered his shoulder CRACK;  #68's knees buckled as he fell to the ground and Long Yang dashed in between the QB and HB intercepted the pitch and scampered 29 yards for the TD and the rest is history.  Magazine's Long Yang

'zinners 54 cove 30

How is it that I am still surprised by your writings from time to time!  Lol.     

The Magnet Cove game was a great game.  Thanks for refreshing, restoring, replacing my memories of that game...

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: alaskanstorm on October 03, 2018, 07:52:02 am
As i have stated this weeks rattler and wildcat game determines who is in the drivers seat.

I like your optimism. Hope the team brings something to back it up. We'll see. Nice to have something to be optimistic about again in Rattlerville.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: alaskanstorm on October 03, 2018, 07:46:57 am

'zinners 54 cove 30
Cuz this thread has nothing to do with the actual game. It's just you jerking on a Long Yang and reliving his glory days I guess.

Prouddragondad

October 03, 2018, 12:03:31 pm #72 Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 12:07:37 pm by Prouddragondad
Quote from: alaskanstorm on October 03, 2018, 07:52:02 am
You need to be pulling for the rattlers DV and a three way tie for first.  Because no matter the score in week nine, your boys will have lost.  Your schedule did you no favors,  in week nine da 'burg is going to go through a meat grinder and will not be able to perform the next week against Hector.  As i have stated this weeks rattler and wildcat game determines who is in the drivers seat.

Please keep underestimating  the Dragons and keep making your ridiculous statements. Just adding fuel to the fire come week 9. Lets be real here if the Hackett game was played in better conditions Hackett wins by 2 tds. I want be surprise to see Hector win by 3 scores.

rattlerfan24

Quote from: Prouddragondad on October 03, 2018, 12:03:31 pm
Please keep underestimating  the Dragons and keep making your ridiculous statements. Just adding fuel to the fire come week 9. Lets be real here if the Hackett game was played in better conditions Hackett wins by 2 tds. I want be surprise to see Hector win by 3 scores.
completely disagree

rattlerfan24

In fact, this team beat Hackett in Hackett 28-6 last time they played.....in perfect weather conditions.

alaskanstorm

Preposterous statement PDD the rattlers offensive and defensive lines started transitioning into an impenatrable force in week 3 and they are going to continue that transition this week as well.  By the time week nine rolls around they are going to be one big red mangling machine.  which is why the rattlers pull it off this week, their lines finally were down the cats and take control in the 4th qt.

MICHAELSPAPPY

alaskanstorm

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 03, 2018, 02:59:31 pm
Hootens has Hector by 13.
Please tell me you have learned by now not to put to much faith into what the hooten's say, especially when a Sicilian is involved.

Dragonsvoice

October 03, 2018, 05:40:55 pm #78 Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 05:53:44 pm by Dragonsvoice
Ohhhh ASTM your play by play of the past is really good you may have missed your calling being a sports writer or play by play commentator. But reliving the past doesn't predict the future seven and eight years ago Mag was the real deal, but I will need the evidence from this Friday to change my mind and hopefully Mag does pull the upset, then week nine then the Burg can put this discussion to bed. Good luck to the Rat's this Friday but The Cat's have your # you probably done poked the bears in the forest.

Dragonsvoice

Or in your case you've poked the Big CATS in the woods!

alaskanstorm

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on October 03, 2018, 05:40:55 pm
Ohhhh ASTM your play by play of the past is really good you may have missed your calling being a sports writer or play by play commentator. But reliving the past doesn't predict the future seven and eight years ago Mag was the real deal, but I will need the evidence from this Friday to change my mind and hopefully Mag does pull the upset Week nine then the Burg can put this discussion to bed. Good luck to the Rat's this Friday but The Cat's have your # you probably done poked the bears in the forest.
Couldn't agree more glad you finally came around DV and again I haven't poked the bear only given the other big dogs on the porch mad props.

Dragonsvoice

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on October 03, 2018, 05:40:55 pm
Ohhhh ASTM your play by play of the past is really good you may have missed your calling being a sports writer or play by play commentator. But reliving the past doesn't predict the future seven and eight years ago Mag was the real deal, but I will need the evidence from this Friday to change my mind and hopefully Mag does pull the upset, then week nine then the Burg can put this discussion to bed. Good luck to the Rat's this Friday but The Cat's have your # you probably done poked the bears in the forest.
Sorry had to correct my wording don't give me mad props yet lol!

alaskanstorm

DV that is what you call a subconscious moment of clarity.  Don't be afraid to switch sides to the good guys, just change your name to Snakebite LOL

Wildcatalumni21

Alaskanstorm I really do appreciate your optimism but if you wanna get down to facts and reality we can. Hector owned this conference for 4 years, left for 2 and won another conference title and was the 2 seed the other year before coming back to the 4-2A. The conference championship runns through the Cats and it sits proudly at the base of the mountain where it belongs! Not knocking Burg, Hackett, Magazine or any other team in this conference because all have improved and we love how competitive this conference has become, but reality is you won't wear down our lines because our boys stay focused, motivated, and know what it takes to be on top year in and year out! Oh and actually Hector is named after President Rutherford Hayes german shepherd

RATTLER43

Actually, you owned it three years before moving out.  5-3 in 2012 even losing to Magazine 16-13 I think.  Hackett won it that season after us owning the conference for a few years.   After a dog?  And here I was thinking it was after Homer's epic hero all these years.   Safe travels Friday.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: RATTLER43 on October 03, 2018, 09:10:42 pm
Actually, you owned it three years before moving out.  5-3 in 2012 even losing to Magazine 16-13 I think.  Hackett won it that season after us owning the conference for a few years.   After a dog?  And here I was thinking it was after Homer's epic hero all these years.   Safe travels Friday.
I've heard the Homer story as well but I was always told it was after the president's dog lol. My apologies on the years as well. And thank you, maybe we can all meetup at halftime or something

RATTLER43

No apologies neccesary. This has all been good fun.  The storm has livened things up a bit.  Glad we are on the rise.   Hoping for a great game.    Good luck on the rest of your season no matter what happens Friday.   

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: RATTLER43 on October 03, 2018, 09:51:03 pm
No apologies neccesary. This has all been good fun.  The storm has livened things up a bit.  Glad we are on the rise.   Hoping for a great game.    Good luck on the rest of your season no matter what happens Friday.
Same to yall! Glad to see the Rattlers coming back! Have a couple good friends from there

wiseguy

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on October 03, 2018, 09:33:07 pm
I've heard the Homer story as well but I was always told it was after the president's dog lol. My apologies on the years as well. And thank you, maybe we can all meetup at halftime or something
Actually Hector was named after President Grover Cleveland's bulldog  ;)

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: wiseguy on October 03, 2018, 10:17:30 pm
There's too many stories!!! 😂😂

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: wiseguy on October 03, 2018, 10:17:30 pm

Wikipedia says that that is indeed the case. "The community was named for President Grover Cleveland's dog by the President himself when postal officials grew frustrated with the residents' indecision on whether to name the community Avondale or The Plain."

Just think: except for a quirk of history, Magazine might be playing Fido HS on Friday.

alaskanstorm

I think all of y'all are wrong but WCA especially.  Think about it you could of had the hector Dog's, the hector Shepherd's or the hector German's all of which are better than a wildcat; so,  i double checked with my source and they reaffirmed the town of hector is named after the great Mexican arm and thumb wrestling champion Hector Lopez. 

Then WCA goes on this rant about how the 4 2A has always gone through hector; which, 43 shot down with facts LL.  But even if he hadn't, i did some research and was a bit disappointed, to be honest.  With all these conferences championships and rich football tradition hector has obtained,  their playoff history is only slightly better than da 'burgs.  y'all are routinly good for a second round win 50% of the time and then that it.  So i guess the only team in the conference with any history of deep playoff runs, resides at the base of the only mountain in Arkansas, which is Magazine.  The rattlers plan on being in the drivers seat of the 4 2A after this Friday and bring the conference championship back to the where it belongs.

But for now i have to go to the farm my mother called, she said a wildcat has invaded the barn and she wants me take care of the problem.  I'll get back on later and let you all know how it went.

'zinners 28  Hector Lopez 10

MICHAELSPAPPY

By the way, Hector was a black French poodle who belonged to the First Lady.

DnA Prostaff

Quote from: alaskanstorm on October 04, 2018, 07:56:19 am
I think all of y'all are wrong but WCA especially.  Think about it you could of had the hector Dog's, the hector Shepherd's or the hector German's all of which are better than a wildcat; so,  i double checked with my source and they reaffirmed the town of hector is named after the great Mexican arm and thumb wrestling champion Hector Lopez. 

Then WCA goes on this rant about how the 4 2A has always gone through hector; which, 43 shot down with facts LL.  But even if he hadn't, i did some research and was a bit disappointed, to be honest.  With all these conferences championships and rich football tradition hector has obtained,  their playoff history is only slightly better than da 'burgs.  y'all are routinly good for a second round win 50% of the time and then that it.  So i guess the only team in the conference with any history of deep playoff runs, resides at the base of the only mountain in Arkansas, which is Magazine.  The rattlers plan on being in the drivers seat of the 4 2A after this Friday and bring the conference championship back to the where it belongs.

But for now i have to go to the farm my mother called, she said a wildcat has invaded the barn and she wants me take care of the problem.  I'll get back on later and let you all know how it went.

'zinners 28  Hector Lopez 10

So humor me.... lets compare where Magazine finished in the regular season standings over the last 10 years compared to Mountainburg and Hector, since these other two seem to be the teams your dogging.   Magazine had 2 deep playoffs runs, one of which ended with the state championship.  Excluding those 2 years, what else have you got?

alaskanstorm

Quote from: DnA Prostaff on October 04, 2018, 08:11:29 am

So humor me.... lets compare where Magazine finished in the regular season standings over the last 10 years compared to Mountainburg and Hector, since these other two seem to be the teams your dogging.   Magazine had 2 deep playoffs runs, one of which ended with the state championship.  Excluding those 2 years, what else have you got?
Yes Yes DnA lets take away all those first round and second round victories by da 'burg and Hector as well and compare histories.  As 43 pointed out earlier the conference has run through magazine and hector the last decade.  Hectors trying to protect their dominance and the ratters are trying to take it back.  It isn't about the number of times you get into the big games, it is what you do with that opportunity when it arrives which matters.

RATTLER43

This is a great thread!    The dog stories are good, the Long Yang stories are great, and the banter is so entertaining.  Wish more fans would join in.  But I guess the most creative ones are already involved and writing their stories....

Coach Jones

2009 12 wins, and semi final.  Lost to the JC along with everyone else
2010 14-0 State champions
2011 12-1 Lost to JC in quarters

Better known as the "Long Yang" years lol

RATTLER43

Quote from: Coach Jones on October 04, 2018, 09:45:08 am

Conference Runner-up in 2013 as well.  Just not what we wanted following those deep run years.

alaskanstorm

I still question whether you did any coaching during that time frame Doc or was it all just Long Yang.  If I had to put money on it, I would have to beat it was Magazine's one and only Long Yang.

MICHAELSPAPPY

That Junction City probably would have been in the running to have won 5A that year. They were amazing. THREE D-1 signees on a 2A team? Unheard of.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas