• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2024 season

Started by Dragon4eva, March 26, 2024, 08:07:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragon4eva

ok.. i am tired of not talking some football. Let hear some expectations or something about your team. JC is loaded with talent. As of now there are 42 on roster. Next 3 years I see JC going deep into playoffs and hopefully a couple of titles. JC will have some big guys on the line but they gotta get in shape. BIG DUECE started as a sophomore last year and held his own. He will be a beast his last 2 years. Gotta lot of speed in backfield returning...Ball and Jones got the fire lit back up in the dragons in 3a last year. Moving back down this year. These are just my expectations in what i see happening. Lets hear yours on your team. Geaux Dragons!

PurpleNWhite FTW

Hazen will be down from the past two years unfortunately. Losing your two leading rushers, your QB, and your best receiver (who all happen to be big parts of the defense as well), and an all-conference lineman. They do have most of their line back from last season as well as some returning juniors who should be good, as well as a sophomore who looked good in the games he played. In a weak conference, Hazen can probably go something like 7-3 (5-1) and maybe win a home playoff game (depending on the draw, it won't be Marked Tree again)

SpoilerAlert

Hector seems to be in a rebuilding year but you never know. The conference becomes significantly weaker with Bigelow and Hector graduating massive classes, and the bottom seems not as far from the top as in previous years, so maybe there will be less divide between magazine, mt Ida and others from the 'Big 3'(CC, Bigelow, and Hector)
Hectors defense should be a concern, but their DL remains strong, and their offense will look vastly different. They have a lot of questions. Let's hope they have a lot of answers.
Drew Newport, heir apparent to Jackson Taylor at QB has big shoes to fill. Expect Hector to be much less trigger happy in the passing game, and rely more on their running game.
I think fair expectations would be to be competitive and to compete for the 2-3 seed.
Ceiling: 7-3, (#2 seed)
Floor: 5-5, (#4 seed)
Prediction: 6-4, (#3 seed)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SpoilerAlert on March 26, 2024, 09:13:16 pmHector seems to be in a rebuilding year but you never know. The conference becomes significantly weaker with Bigelow and Hector graduating massive classes, and the bottom seems not as far from the top as in previous years, so maybe there will be less divide between magazine, mt Ida and others from the 'Big 3'(CC, Bigelow, and Hector)
Hectors defense should be a concern, but their DL remains strong, and their offense will look vastly different. They have a lot of questions. Let's hope they have a lot of answers.
Drew Newport, heir apparent to Jackson Taylor at QB has big shoes to fill. Expect Hector to be much less trigger happy in the passing game, and rely more on their running game.
I think fair expectations would be to be competitive and to compete for the 2-3 seed.

Cats by 90

PurpleNWhite FTW

Quote from: SpoilerAlert on March 26, 2024, 09:13:16 pmHector seems to be in a rebuilding year but you never know. The conference becomes significantly weaker with Bigelow and Hector graduating massive classes, and the bottom seems not as far from the top as in previous years, so maybe there will be less divide between magazine, mt Ida and others from the 'Big 3'(CC, Bigelow, and Hector)

Mt Ida struggled last year, but by no means will they be consistently at the bottom. At their best, Mt Ida will be contending against Bigelow and CC for the #1-2 spot.

SpoilerAlert

Quote from: PurpleNWhite FTW on March 27, 2024, 01:16:44 pmMt Ida struggled last year, but by no means will they be consistently at the bottom. At their best, Mt Ida will be contending against Bigelow and CC for the #1-2 spot.

I agree but that will not be this year. Did you see the offense they run? All three of Hector, CC, and Bigelow run Air Raid offenses, while Ida seemed stuck in their run oriented scheme that didn't work with the personnel they had. They'll contend for sure, but this year they'll be the 3-4 seed

Dragon4eva

Our conference consists of Foreman, Mineral Springs, Gurdon, Dierks, Murfressboro, Lafeyatte County and Spring Hill. NC is Harmony Grove, Carlisle and Smackover in that order starting in August. Fordyce as a scrimmage. Not familiar with MS and Murfreesboro as of late. We gave Harmony Grove all they wanted last year but came up short.. beat Gurdon and Smackover and got pistol whipped by Fordyce in 3A. Got beat in 3rd round of playoffs. Not a bad season under the new coaches. Ready to see what happens this year.

SpoilerAlert

Quote from: Dragon4eva on March 27, 2024, 03:11:30 pmOur conference consists of Foreman, Mineral Springs, Gurdon, Dierks, Murfressboro, Lafeyatte County and Spring Hill. NC is Harmony Grove, Carlisle and Smackover in that order starting in August. Fordyce as a scrimmage. Not familiar with MS and Murfreesboro as of late. We gave Harmony Grove all they wanted last year but came up short.. beat Gurdon and Smackover and got pistol whipped by Fordyce in 3A. Got beat in 3rd round of playoffs. Not a bad season under the new coaches. Ready to see what happens this year.

Murfreesboro and Mineral should give y'all some fight, not really sure about the others. Hector played Mineral last year, after Mineral was ranked #1 all year and beat them 37-36. They were some of the most athletic players I've ever seen, but in the second half Mineral was simply Outcoached, no if's ands or buts about it. If they ever match with effort the talent they have they could be dangerous.

PurpleNWhite FTW

Quote from: SpoilerAlert on March 27, 2024, 02:59:44 pmI agree but that will not be this year. Did you see the offense they run? All three of Hector, CC, and Bigelow run Air Raid offenses, while Ida seemed stuck in their run oriented scheme that didn't work with the personnel they had. They'll contend for sure, but this year they'll be the 3-4 seed

Ah yes, because run first schemes always have such a bad track record in 2A...LOL. but the last two champions have been air raid teams, tbf

Sunday League

Lol Mt. Ida has won a state championship in the last 10 years with the splitback offense. How many championships has Hector and CC won with that air raid??

beach bum

Quote from: PurpleNWhite FTW on March 28, 2024, 08:19:05 amAh yes, because run first schemes always have such a bad track record in 2A...LOL. but the last two champions have been air raid teams, tbf

It baffles me a bit how many people watch NFL and college football... then some how come to conclusion that 2A and 3A teams in small little Arkansas with rosters of 20 to 25 need to be running those same college schemes as if somehow the two even correlate in the slightest.

Let's not forget Harding University not just won but physically mauled people on its way to a DII title. I think they attempted one pass in the title game

Lionsquatch

Quote from: beach bum on March 28, 2024, 09:59:21 amIt baffles me a bit how many people watch NFL and college football... then some how come to conclusion that 2A and 3A teams in small little Arkansas with rosters of 20 to 25 need to be running those same college schemes as if somehow the two even correlate in the slightest.

Let's not forget Harding University not just won but physically mauled people on its way to a DII title. I think they attempted one pass in the title game
They only attempted 56 passes and only completed 26 all year long.  Very impressive

Lionsquatch

Quote from: Sunday League on March 28, 2024, 09:15:55 amLol Mt. Ida has won a state championship in the last 10 years with the splitback offense. How many championships has Hector and CC won with that air raid??
I also remember a senior class from CC getting their season ended by Mount Ida every year of their senior high careers lol. 
Quote from: SpoilerAlert on March 27, 2024, 02:59:44 pmI agree but that will not be this year. Did you see the offense they run? All three of Hector, CC, and Bigelow run Air Raid offenses, while Ida seemed stuck in their run oriented scheme that didn't work with the personnel they had. They'll contend for sure, but this year they'll be the 3-4 seed
Now I'm not saying they're going to win all their games or anything but to say they are "stuck" in a run-oriented offense like its a negative thing is a little ignorant.  Especially considering the score of the Bigelow game last year was much worse than the actual game was and they almost beat Murfreesboro (yes I know they still lost).  And the only bad thing you can say about their personnel last year the inexperience.  They had 1 senior and 2 juniors last year.  The QB and entire OL were sophomores.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on March 28, 2024, 09:59:21 amIt baffles me a bit how many people watch NFL and college football... then some how come to conclusion that 2A and 3A teams in small little Arkansas with rosters of 20 to 25 need to be running those same college schemes as if somehow the two even correlate in the slightest.

I think Purple was being a tad sarcastic

PurpleNWhite FTW

Shoot, Michigan was fairly run-heavy and they just won the DI national championship.

blizzard

I think it's pushing it to call Bigelow an "air raid" offense lol they threw it around some last year but they had a lot of guys that could go get it. And it really opened up the running game, which is always option one for the panthers. Gonna be interesting to see how it all shapes up this year

SpoilerAlert

Quote from: blizzard on March 28, 2024, 12:47:45 pmI think it's pushing it to call Bigelow an "air raid" offense lol they threw it around some last year but they had a lot of guys that could go get it. And it really opened up the running game, which is always option one for the panthers. Gonna be interesting to see how it all shapes up this year

Fair, all I know is that y'all threw it like 35+ times against us this last year when the game went down to the wire.

Sheesh y'all didn't mean to start WW3. In my defense the only game I saw of Mt Idas was when they played Mcrory so maybe that explains what I'm saying more. Just seemed like they kept running the same run play for a 2 yd gain.

Dragon4eva

lol... That takes me back to the good ol Coach Carpenter days!.he was a come at you run coach. Anybody could've played Qb in them days because all they had to do was hand it off  lol.. Us fans would get mad at times holloring.. throw the dang ball coach sh!!T! he keep running it till the other team got tired of tackling those 3-4 good backs that were swapping in and out... sure nough by middle of 3rd qtr.. TD jc, TD jc on and on.. by end of game we were like " way to go coach"! good job..lol.. dang those were the good ol days. I forgot which one of the coaches told him we can throw the ball years later. These days whether it be high school , college or even NFL. Seems that most coaches whether they can pass or not or just dont have anybody that can catch it.. rather have a scrambling QB if the quick pass aint there. Look at Jayden Daniels for lsu. he had to actually be taught to take chances throwing instead of just taking off even tho he piled up yardage. Nussmier will have to be taught the opposite. but back to what i was saying a good scrambling qb is what most coaches want in the big leagues.

PurpleNWhite FTW

Quote from: Dragon4eva on March 28, 2024, 03:21:06 pmlol... That takes me back to the good ol Coach Carpenter days!.he was a come at you run coach. Anybody could've played Qb in them days because all they had to do was hand it off  lol.. Us fans would get mad at times holloring.. throw the dang ball coach sh!!T! he keep running it till the other team got tired of tackling those 3-4 good backs that were swapping in and out... sure nough by middle of 3rd qtr.. TD jc, TD jc on and on.. by end of game we were like " way to go coach"! good job..lol.. dang those were the good ol days. I forgot which one of the coaches told him we can throw the ball years later. These days whether it be high school , college or even NFL. Seems that most coaches whether they can pass or not or just dont have anybody that can catch it.. rather have a scrambling QB if the quick pass aint there. Look at Jayden Daniels for lsu. he had to actually be taught to take chances throwing instead of just taking off even tho he piled up yardage. Nussmier will have to be taught the opposite. but back to what i was saying a good scrambling qb is what most coaches want in the big leagues.

Oh trust me, I know DC was a run first guy...gosh I still hear Jakiron Cook's name in my nightmares from 2018.

hothands

eldofan

Rumor is Parkers Chapel big receiver just transferred to JC

Lionsquatch

Quote from: SpoilerAlert on March 28, 2024, 01:59:17 pmFair, all I know is that y'all threw it like 35+ times against us this last year when the game went down to the wire.

Sheesh y'all didn't mean to start WW3. In my defense the only game I saw of Mt Idas was when they played Mcrory so maybe that explains what I'm saying more. Just seemed like they kept running the same run play for a 2 yd gain.
Oh yeah that explains it.  The offense was very limited.  Starting 8 sophomores caused a lot of dysfunction.  Very immature and thrown into the fire.  They found a much better rhythm around week 4 where things started to click.  Never were perfect but they were getting better and learning more plays so they weren't as limited.  But I will also say that a lot of Ida's plays look very similar because they hit very fast but are different in either the hole they hit or how many fakes there are and if there is a read or if it is straight handoff without a read.  But none of that matters when your young OL is trying to adjust to the speed of Sr. High.

I know I explained way more than I needed to lol

Dragon4eva

Quote from: eldofan on March 30, 2024, 08:59:17 pmRumor is Parkers Chapel big receiver just transferred to JC
I heard that myself.... also got this big dude from Camden and one from Smackover.

eldofan

JC is going to be loaded with all of those plus what you guys had coming back

PurpleNWhite FTW

Dragon4eva

Quote from: blizzard on March 28, 2024, 12:47:45 pmI think it's pushing it to call Bigelow an "air raid" offense lol they threw it around some last year but they had a lot of guys that could go get it. And it really opened up the running game, which is always option one for the panthers. Gonna be interesting to see how it all shapes up this year
Quote from: PurpleNWhite FTW on April 02, 2024, 08:09:58 amoh lol
steven jones was there in 2018.

PurpleNWhite FTW

well whoever the coach was, Cook ran all over us that game. lol

Dragon4eva

Quote from: PurpleNWhite FTW on April 02, 2024, 12:16:24 pmwell whoever the coach was, Cook ran all over us that game. lol
i think if im not mistaken all of our running backs last name started with a c lol. Mighta been 2 cooks, carter and a cole. At my age i can barely remember last week tho

PurpleNWhite FTW

Quote from: Dragon4eva on April 02, 2024, 02:28:38 pmi think if im not mistaken all of our running backs last name started with a c lol. Mighta been 2 cooks, carter and a cole. At my age i can barely remember last week tho

its a JC thing ig lol

HorseFeathers

Looks...If Junction City is gonna be "back", I'll need someone to go pull Cuz and BleuDog out of retirement...

PurpleNWhite FTW

Quote from: HorseFeathers on April 02, 2024, 03:08:17 pmLooks...If Junction City is gonna be "back", I'll need someone to go pull Cuz and BleuDog out of retirement...

just @ em and see if that works LOL

hothands

Jones left after 17 season. Don't remember any Carter or Coles on those teams but could be wrong.

eldofan

Dontae Gibson was the big back in 2018 along with Cook

Badcredit

If your team runs the same offense from peewees all through jr high and high school then you can't blame lack of production due to inexperience. It's a lack of talent.

HorseFeathers

PurpleNWhite FTW

Quote from: Badcredit on April 04, 2024, 10:28:40 amIf your team runs the same offense from peewees all through jr high and high school then you can't blame lack of production due to inexperience. It's a lack of talent.

when the team has like 16 players, lack of talent will certainly be an issue

Lionsquatch

Quote from: Badcredit on April 04, 2024, 10:28:40 amIf your team runs the same offense from peewees all through jr high and high school then you can't blame lack of production due to inexperience. It's a lack of talent.
So 1st year of senior high as a mostly sophomore team should play just as well in senior high as they did in junior high? Come on man you know as well as anyone else senior high is a completely different level.  ESPECIALLY on the line.  The difference between a sophomore and a senior is huge especially early season.  These same kids won a lot of games and rarely lost in junior high.  Its not complete lack of talent, its inexperience at the senior high level

Lionsquatch

Quote from: PurpleNWhite FTW on April 04, 2024, 01:13:04 pmwhen the team has like 16 players, lack of talent will certainly be an issue
Not necessarily.  There have been 2 Mt Ida teams in the semis with 16 or less players.  Talented and very hard working groups

PurpleNWhite FTW

April 05, 2024, 11:27:19 am #38 Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 10:44:31 am by PurpleNWhite FTW
Quote from: Lionsquatch on April 05, 2024, 09:56:43 amNot necessarily.  There have been 2 Mt Ida teams in the semis with 16 or less players.  Talented and very hard working groups

I mean that is true, Hazen made qtrs with 16 in 2021

Lionsquatch

Quote from: PurpleNWhite FTW on April 05, 2024, 11:27:19 amI mean that is true, Hazen made semis with 16 in 2021
Don't get me wrong tho, higher numbers definitely helps but it's not everything

PurpleNWhite FTW

Quote from: Lionsquatch on April 08, 2024, 09:55:39 amDon't get me wrong tho, higher numbers definitely helps but it's not everything

two things can be true at once  ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas