• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lake village vs dumas

Started by Wyvonne, September 17, 2012, 04:52:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wyvonne

phdefense

I am favoring Dumas in this one. The Bobcats should be a little more battle tested. LV scoring 14 on Malvern should be at least a little concerning for the Bobcat faithful.

lizard talker

I will go with LV on this one and I dont know a thing about 'em.
but if the Mayflower team that I have seen can beat them by 20; Dumas cant be that good.

loyal fan

Dumas better win this one.  Gonna be tough road ahead.

Jimbo Morphis

lake village-lakeside-eudora by 6.

bassman1974

The good news is someone has to win this game............

LJ06

khryz

Should be a good game. The team that makes the least amount of unforced errors will win. I think Lakeside will pull it off and register their first conference win since Dewitt in 2010. By the way I am a homer.

Lakeside 22
Dumas 20

vanbrown20

toobad4u993

Jimbo Morphis

toobad4u993

This game is always close. Especially when it's at LV. Dumas' best team in recent history tied with them in 08 12-12. This is before they mercy rule eventual state runner up Dollarway.

bleedspurple

Bobcat country is in need of a win in the worst way. Going to L.V. is always an adventure, but that's out of our control. The offense is averaging only 15 points/game, while the defense is allowing 41. This has come against both run and pass oriented teams, so it doesn't look good. Dumas keys to winning- Offense- limit mental mistakes, start blocking and stop turning the ball over. Defense- I'm not sure what to say here. Lots of issues. I do think Dumas will score points this week, if the Cats can keep L.V. out of the end zone, I feel we will get a win this week. That is what this team needs right now, and could get the Cats rolling for conference. This week should shed some light on how the 8-4A will play out this season with some very interesting matchups.

hogs25

Quote from: bleedspurple on September 17, 2012, 03:58:13 pm
Dumas keys to winning- Offense- limit mental mistakes, start blocking and stop turning the ball over. 

The spread offense needs to be boxed up and put on a shelf.  Somebody said the other night in the stands that they weren't sure that Dumas could get a first down in practice.  With the current QB we have we're definitely one dimensional which IMO defeats the purpose of running that style of offense.  Dumas would be better off putting who's ever the fastest guy on the team is at QB and let him scramble every play.  The Cats would be a totally different team IF they would run Alabama's style of offense.  Texas has been running the spread for year's and they got owned by Alabama in the MNC but the other night they played Ole Miss and for the first time in a long time they FINALLY scraped the spread and went back to their classic football look and got off.  i.e., I-formation.  The QB HAS GOT TO BE UNDER CENTER.  Smash mouth football is what Dumas should be doing like they used to do here for 50 year's. 

The fans would give a standing ovation if they came out under center and ran off tackle, bootleg, screen pass and the TD maker (playaction).  The bottom line is they've got to do something different because what they're doing now isn't working anymore.  I put it to you this way there's this woman in the stands that knows all the plays by heart.  She can tell however formation that their lined up in where the plays going weather it's going to be run or pass.  She doesn't get paid to study defenses either.  Just saying... 

phdefense

Quote from: hogs25 on September 18, 2012, 02:30:31 am
Dumas keys to winning- Offense- limit mental mistakes, start blocking and stop turning the ball over. 

The spread offense needs to be boxed up and put on a shelf.  Somebody said the other night in the stands that they weren't sure that Dumas could get a first down in practice.  With the current QB we have we're definitely one dimensional which IMO defeats the purpose of running that style of offense.  Dumas would be better off putting who's ever the fastest guy on the team is at QB and let him scramble every play.  The Cats would be a totally different team IF they would run Alabama's style of offense.  Texas has been running the spread for year's and they got owned by Alabama in the MNC but the other night they played Ole Miss and for the first time in a long time they FINALLY scraped the spread and went back to their classic football look and got off.  i.e., I-formation.  The QB HAS GOT TO BE UNDER CENTER.  Smash mouth football is what Dumas should be doing like they used to do here for 50 year's. 

The fans would give a standing ovation if they came out under center and ran off tackle, bootleg, screen pass and the TD maker (playaction).  The bottom line is they've got to do something different because what they're doing now isn't working anymore.  I put it to you this way there's this woman in the stands that knows all the plays by heart.  She can tell however formation that their lined up in where the plays going weather it's going to be run or pass.  She doesn't get paid to study defenses either.  Just saying...
No one was complaining about the spread when Council was at QB and Dumas beat the #1 Newport Greyhounds in the second round of the playoffs in 2007.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: phdefense on September 18, 2012, 06:26:30 am
Quote from: hogs25 on September 18, 2012, 02:30:31 am

No one was complaining about the spread when Council was at QB and Dumas beat the #1 Newport Greyhounds in the second round of the playoffs in 2007.
there will be more complaining.

toobad4u993

September 18, 2012, 09:11:13 am #16 Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 09:20:26 am by toobad4u993
I like the spread, but it needs to be altered some this year. They are trying to do some of the same things that they don't have the personnel for anymore. When council was here, his scrambling ability opened up everything else. When Gris was here, he could throw a mile and scramble. Now we have Miller, who is a more traditional QB, he can throw solidly, but he can't really scramble. Here are some other things to consider, when Kendal and Gris were here we had several all state lineman. We don't have that anymore. But the biggest thing in my opinion is defense. I don't know who the head defensive coach is, but in everything following I mean no disrespect. Our defense is not up to par with previous years. After Russel left our defense hasn't been the same. It seems like all of the coaching changes recently have had a huge effect on the team. I think there are only two of the same coaches from that 08 season. But I have faith. They just need some time to get their chemistry together. When Courtney first came here, he brought 2 or 3 three coaches with him from his old school, so that chemistry was already there. Anyways, like I said, IMO, since Miller doesn't have the arm and size of Gris, or the speed of council, a few changes should be made to how the spread is approached. But I don't see Courtney scrapping the spread altogether.

phdefense

#20 for the Bobcats should get the ball a minimum of 20 times a game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas