• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Batesville vs Alma

Started by MDXPHD, November 22, 2013, 09:38:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Coach Venny Slocombe

Good close high scoring game but in the end Batesville's experience wins out...

Batesville - 5
Alma - 3

pioneerguru

Quote from: Steve Perry on November 25, 2013, 09:21:42 am

What do you get when you put the girlfriends of a dozen Batesville fans in one room.

And Steve Perry druelling

A full set of teeth......

C-Mac 73

Here's a classic of Steve with his pals Paw-Paw, Almatrackster, BillyJack, and P.F.G just before performing "Wheel In The Sky" at the Mills game last week.

Paw-Paw

Quote from: C-Mac 73 on November 25, 2013, 10:13:36 am
Here's a classic of Steve with his pals Paw-Paw, Almatrackster, BillyJack, and P.F.G just before performing "Wheel In The Sky" at the Mills game last week.

We still do autographs. Not sure what the pricing will be for Batesville fans. ::)

pioneerguru

Sell the autographs before the game because afterwards you will double the price and be mad

P.F.G.

God, I love my curly hair.

sevenof400

C'mon C-Mac - if you were really on your game, you could identify each member individually....

C-Mac 73

Quote from: sevenof400 on November 25, 2013, 10:40:07 am

C'mon C-Mac - if you were really on your game, you could identify each member individually....
My mistake. From left to right:

Almatrackster, BillyJack, P.F.G, Steve, and Paw-Paw rocking the tank.

Paw-Paw

Quote from: C-Mac 73 on November 25, 2013, 10:48:58 am

Gotta support the Hogs right now, seeing no else is...Shame.

BillyJack™

The Future

Quote from: C-Mac 73 on November 25, 2013, 01:38:38 am
Quote from: The Future on November 24, 2013, 07:02:30 am
Alma and Mills was suppose to be a good game. Now people are saying Mills was bad. Now everyone is saying Batesville is way to good for Alma. But once Alma beats Batesville , suddenly Batesville isn't as good as years past or Batesville just wasn't good to begin with. Oh it'll happen. Trust me.

Some people just don't know anything to do other than throw excuses.

All the "Alma having a easy road of byes" talk started just after they advanced to the semis.
No Future. You know better.

Lol ok maybe I jumped the gun guaranteeing Alma winning by saying 'once' Alma wins instead of 'if' Alma wins. My bad.
But I'm stickin with my last statement you highlighted. I'm not saying that it will be Batesville posters (I know you and most of the Pioneer fans here are smarter than that, but a few might here or there) but there will be people who will say Batesville just wasn't any good or as good as we thought if Alma wins and especially if Alma wins big. Happens all the time. 
Some of the posters on here are upset that their teams aren't left in the playoffs and they have nothing better to do than make excuses why certain teams are left. Like someone said earlier, this is the semis. Whatever got these 4 teams here doesn't matter.  They are here and 28 other teams aren't, so whatever the case maybe, these 4 teams did it better.

And whether or not people wanna admit it or not, it does take a bit of luck at times to win games and make it past a game in the playoffs. Every team at least once in the season has just a bit of luck. Some just happens to get more than others.

Go Postal

November 25, 2013, 08:34:51 pm #111 Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 08:38:56 pm by Go Postal
Quote from: C-Mac 73 on November 25, 2013, 10:48:58 am

Quote from: P.F.G. on November 25, 2013, 10:38:38 am
God, I love my curly hair.

P.F.G, mine is still curly.  Make that kinky.  BillyJack, love those muttonchops!  Thinking about doing that again, like back in my 'hey day'.  LOL.  BTW, I'm playing "Stairway to Heaven" in this pic. 8)

The_Pioneer

No you weren't.  It was a Karen Carpenter song.

Go Postal

Quote from: The_Pioneer on November 25, 2013, 08:50:31 pm
No you weren't.  It was a Karen Carpenter song.
I don't think her band ever used a pulled 'G' note on a 'D' chord like in the pic. ;)  Other bands maybe.

michael2370

Hootens predicted Batesville by 7 and Morilton by 1

Bad boy

Batesville wins this one BIG !   

Go Postal

November 25, 2013, 10:58:38 pm #116 Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 11:01:56 pm by Go Postal
Quote from: michael2370 on November 25, 2013, 09:48:34 pm
Hootens predicted Batesville by 7 and Morilton by 1
Quote from: Bad boy on November 25, 2013, 10:42:46 pm
Batesville wins this one BIG !   
Not so fast my friends, this game has both teams playing close to the same offense, both defenses are similar.  Who can wear the other down, in this game.  This could come down to a special teams game.  Batesville might have the edge with their kicker Oz (too bad that they don't have more like him in "that sport that shalt not be named in Alma").  This should be a great game, is there any live radio or video streaming of this game from either team?

In the other game, Morrilton will win big and make the Bobcats wish that they loved it! ;)

AT

Friday is supposed to be partly cloudy with a high of 50, so maybe not as bad of weather as the past few days.

Paw-Paw

C-Mac 73

Quote from: The Future on November 25, 2013, 06:25:25 pm
Quote from: C-Mac 73 on November 25, 2013, 01:38:38 am
Quote from: The Future on November 24, 2013, 07:02:30 am
Alma and Mills was suppose to be a good game. Now people are saying Mills was bad. Now everyone is saying Batesville is way to good for Alma. But once Alma beats Batesville , suddenly Batesville isn't as good as years past or Batesville just wasn't good to begin with. Oh it'll happen. Trust me.

Some people just don't know anything to do other than throw excuses.

All the "Alma having a easy road of byes" talk started just after they advanced to the semis.
No Future. You know better.

Lol ok maybe I jumped the gun guaranteeing Alma winning by saying 'once' Alma wins instead of 'if' Alma wins. My bad.
But I'm stickin with my last statement you highlighted. I'm not saying that it will be Batesville posters (I know you and most of the Pioneer fans here are smarter than that, but a few might here or there) but there will be people who will say Batesville just wasn't any good or as good as we thought if Alma wins and especially if Alma wins big. Happens all the time. 
Some of the posters on here are upset that their teams aren't left in the playoffs and they have nothing better to do than make excuses why certain teams are left. Like someone said earlier, this is the semis. Whatever got these 4 teams here doesn't matter.  They are here and 28 other teams aren't, so whatever the case maybe, these 4 teams did it better.

And whether or not people wanna admit it or not, it does take a bit of luck at times to win games and make it past a game in the playoffs. Every team at least once in the season has just a bit of luck. Some just happens to get more than others.
I know what you mean. Somebody will always have an excuse. Weather, officials, etc.

Almahasbeen

New at posting but have followed fearless for years, I have been very impressed with the alma team under this new coach, batesville from what I've seen is big and tough.. But I haven't seen an alma team hit harder since the Kyle Goodwin days... I say alma by 7

Paw-Paw

Quote from: Almahasbeen on November 26, 2013, 11:14:32 am
New at posting but have followed fearless for years, I have been very impressed with the alma team under this new coach, batesville from what I've seen is big and tough.. But I haven't seen an alma team hit harder since the Kyle Goodwin days... I say alma by 7

Welcome to the FF Community

C-Mac 73

Quote from: Almahasbeen on November 26, 2013, 11:14:32 am
Welcome aboard.

C-Mac 73

I keep hearing all about this nasty Alma defense. I could be wrong, but I just have a feeling that Batesville and Alma have different definitions of nasty defense.

Paw-Paw

Quote from: C-Mac 73 on November 26, 2013, 01:27:35 pm
I keep hearing all about this nasty Alma defense. I could be wrong, but I just have a feeling that Batesville and Alma have different definitions of nasty defense.

You would be right, we play tackle football.

DogsWin7

Welcome to Fearless Almahasbeen :)

C-Mac 73

Quote from: Paw-Paw on November 26, 2013, 01:30:11 pm

We play brutal, painful, merciless tackle football.

Paw-Paw

Quote from: C-Mac 73 on November 26, 2013, 01:33:59 pm

I thought that was already a given for us, shame you had to actually spell out how the Pioneers play. ;D

C-Mac 73

Quote from: Paw-Paw on November 26, 2013, 01:35:09 pm

I thought that was already a given for us, shame you had to actually spell out how the Pioneers play. ;D
You'll see what I mean.  :)

Paw-Paw

Quote from: C-Mac 73 on November 26, 2013, 01:36:46 pm
Quote from: Paw-Paw on November 26, 2013, 01:35:09 pm

You'll see what I mean.  :)

And the Pioneers will FEEL what I stated.

pioneerguru

Some of the neer fans are already FEELING what YOU states---You are blowing out of you PIEHOLE---LOL

C-Mac 73

Paw-Paw

Paw-Paw

Intelligentsia

The_Pioneer

This is our result Friday night against Alma.  Your women will lamentate!

ahsalum

Been really proud of our Defense this year. Look like Airedale defenses of the past. Defense stretches out wide on sweeps and contains.....they swarm the ball like days of old......and stick receivers over the middle.

I'm sure Batesville's D is just the same.

Can't wait.

Whomever has the most teeth at the end of the game, wins this one.

Paw-Paw

Quote from: The_Pioneer on November 26, 2013, 03:41:51 pm

"Respect all, FEAR NONE." Simple message that the team goes by.

sevenof400

Quote from: The_Pioneer on November 26, 2013, 03:41:51 pm

..or lactate.....

FD4

Batesville by a score that is between 17 and 24 points better. Espequer.........or how ever you spell the young mans name will get at least two FG's in this game.
GO EAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets hang another one on the wall.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: FD4 on November 26, 2013, 04:29:28 pm
Batesville by a score that is between 17 and 24 points better. Espequer.........or how ever you spell the young mans name will get at least two FG's in this game.
GO EAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets hang another one on the wall.

Instead of trying for the last name, just call our junior kicker Oz, short for his given name, Ozvaldo.  BTW, you will also see him filling in on the D-Line.  Fine young man!

sevenof400

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 26, 2013, 04:47:22 pm
Instead of trying for the last name, just call our junior kicker Oz, short for his given name, Ozvaldo.  BTW, you will also see him filling in on the D-Line.  Fine young man!

Let's get to the important consideration here ... is he playing soccer this spring?

michael2370

Oz had done so well the this year and last that I hope he gets some attention on the next level before he graduates next year.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: sevenof400 on November 26, 2013, 05:03:47 pm

Let's get to the important consideration here ... is he playing soccer this spring?

Yes, as a  defender.  When he "clears" the ball you can send the forwards cause it's going a long way. 

Intelligentsia

Quote from: Steve Perry on November 26, 2013, 03:45:44 pm

Been really proud of our Defense this year. Look like Airedale defenses of the past. Defense stretches out wide on sweeps and contains.....they swarm the ball like days of old......and stick receivers over the middle.

I'm sure Batesville's D is just the same.

Can't wait.

Whomever has the most teeth at the end of the game, wins this one.

Yes, the Pioneer defense moves to the ball quite well, with an affinity for finding it in the possession of the QB while still on the backfield.   

Go Postal

November 27, 2013, 12:12:11 am #145 Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 12:14:51 am by Go Postal
Quote from: sevenof400 on November 26, 2013, 05:03:47 pm

Quote from: michael2370 on November 26, 2013, 07:34:33 pm
Oz had done so well the this year and last that I hope he gets some attention on the next level before he graduates next year.
Note to Alma, even though you don't like "that sport that shalt not be named in Alma", that sport has produced some great kickers that also play football.  If Batesville and Alma offense and defense are trading licks back and forth, thus getting a stalemate, then the kicking game might win this one.  Just saying.

Note to OZ, Harrison's former kicker, Colliver in his Junior (?) year (who also played that sport that Goblins rule at ;D ), tied 5th in the State record for longest FG.  I can't remember if it was 51 yrds or 53 yrds.  But that should give you an incentive to break that record.

Good luck to both teams in this game and GO AIREDALES!

Intelligentsia

Note to OZ, Harrison's former kicker, Colliver in his Junior (?) year (who also played that sport that Goblins rule at ;D ), tied 5th in the State record for longest FG.  I can't remember if it was 51 yrds or 53 yrds.  But that should give you an incentive to break that record.

Good luck to both teams in this game and GO AIREDALES!
[/quote]

Oz has the leg and the nerve to beat the record.  He actually kicked a 60 yard FG in practice with a little breeze at his back and occasionally kicks 50+ in practice.  I have a feeling that given the right opportunity, Coach King will let him take a stab a the record next year.

MDXPHD

Most of the time it's not up to the players to break the record, it's up to the coach to risk field position.   I was listening in on the radio a couple of weeks for Batesville and multiple times they said he does that in practice. I know it's different, but they also said he hit a 60 yarder in practice I believe. Sounds like a great asset to a team!

Can Alma kick the ball? I know they don't believe in that sport so I am just curious. 

CF needs to start practicing kicking right now.  It's not hard to kick an extra point. Just get one kid and make him practice all summer!

P.F.G.

Alma kicked a FG from 30 yards out last week. Not a big kicker but he is an average high school kicker. This was on a mud pile too. Batesville has a big scary D and I'm willing to bet alma matches up close to them.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 27, 2013, 07:52:53 am
Most of the time it's not up to the players to break the record, it's up to the coach to risk field position.   I was listening in on the radio a couple of weeks for Batesville and multiple times they said he does that in practice. I know it's different, but they also said he hit a 60 yarder in practice I believe. Sounds like a great asset to a team!

Can Alma kick the ball? I know they don't believe in that sport so I am just curious. 

CF needs to start practicing kicking right now.  It's not hard to kick an extra point. Just get one kid and make him practice all summer!

Being fairly confident that your going to come away with a score after reaching the 25 is great. The thought that if the situation should warrent you have a chance to win a game with an FG by reaching the 35 is special.  BTW, there is a Freshman Pioneer Kicker who should be ready to take over after OZ graduates next year.  Don't know that he will match the Oz's strength, but his point after percentage has been very good at junior high.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas