• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Junction City @ Salem

Started by Dragon I, November 16, 2012, 09:52:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gatecrasher

You beat a down Rison team that was riddled with injuries and a Strong team that lost all of its skill position talent from the year before.

Clap clap clap clap.

Kool_Hand-Luke

After an hour or so of waiting on the charter we had no choice to pull out old yellar and hit the road.   Super is super cheap and most likely didn't want to spend the $$ on the charter.  Sad situation for the boys.  Hopefully he will pull head out this weeks and do what is right.  We will need something comfy to rest in after the beating JC is going to administer.  :-)

Kool_Hand-Luke

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 24, 2012, 09:27:58 am
You beat a down Rison team that was riddled with injuries and a Strong team that lost all of its skill position talent from the year before.

Clap clap clap clap.
So now your playing the ol injury card? I guess Rison is the only team with injuries??

Donnie Jamon

I know what WR has and i now know what JC has after watchiing the salem game..  KHL, i like you bro and i know your son is a sr but JC is gonna win by as much as they want..  When they get outside it's atleast 10-12 yards..  Watching them last nights the qb from jc suprised me with his arm strength.  If you want to contain him then don't rush anyone b/c he'll break your ankles trying to tackle him..

Kool_Hand-Luke

DJ I know you speak the truth and I hope we can pull something out.  It will be a tough game for the Cats, but stranger things have happened.  Go Cats

Scorpiux

Quote from: Classof91 on November 24, 2012, 09:25:22 am
I heard your team booked busses but put the wrong date down so you guys had no charters.  How did u get to the game?

Jc gets complimentary busses from la tech....some agreement they have...jc agrees to play techs red shirts for free bus charters or something....
HUH???  :o

gatecrasher

If we were talking about the larger classes, you would have a point. But in the smaller classes, more often than not, a few injuries play a major role.

So, you were saying?

Donnie Jamon

KHL, i know what you are saying..  Anyone can play with anyone on a given friday and i hope you guys give em all they want..  I just have never seen a team with that much speed..  The offense if JC isn't passing isn't a tricky offense to stop..  It's just if you can stop the qb..  Salem got some pressure and then just couldn't catch him and wasn't close..  They got him a few times tho but not many times..

Oh and do not run it to Jamaro Bell's side..  The big 6-7 soph #40 unless you want to lose 5 or 6 yards..  Run away from him please.. 

Salem, great year..  You guys had a great season and will have another great season next year..  With all that money the school made last night please install more bathrooms..  It's hard to hold it in 30 degree weather for more than 15 min in line..  :)

Lions84

hogwildUofA

One Game One Night go get me Cats!!!!

dragonator

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on November 24, 2012, 09:51:57 am
KHL, i know what you are saying..  Anyone can play with anyone on a given friday and i hope you guys give em all they want..  I just have never seen a team with that much speed..  The offense if JC isn't passing isn't a tricky offense to stop..  It's just if you can stop the qb..  Salem got some pressure and then just couldn't catch him and wasn't close..  They got him a few times tho but not many times..

Oh and do not run it to Jamaro Bell's side..  The big 6-7 soph #40 unless you want to lose 5 or 6 yards..  Run away from him please.. 

Salem, great year..  You guys had a great season and will have another great season next year..  With all that money the school made last night please install more bathrooms..  It's hard to hold it in 30 degree weather for more than 15 min in line..  :)

Ole' Bell will be 7 feet tall if JC makes it all the way to the Rock.  ;D

Dragon I

Lol! He grew 2 inches last night!

hogwildUofA

Quote from: Dragon I on November 24, 2012, 10:35:45 am
I bet the hogs are licking there chops could be another player like Clowny.....the hogs need some D

cuz

November 24, 2012, 10:54:04 am #413 Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 10:56:29 am by cuz

Hey DJ you left out #11 Hayden Smith only 5'10", 190, but he did go over 100 tackles for the year last night, maybe # 52 sophmore 6'3'' Taylor Mason, he clogs the middle up pretty good along with #72 Levi Howe. Will Houston will put your lights out also. Rb's, Dancy, Evans and a slew of other backs. Shaq and co. on the secondary certainly will have a few interceptions and a large amount of tackles. Probably left someone out so I apologize ahead of time........
Quote from: Dragon I on November 24, 2012, 10:35:45 am
I don't know D1 I think Salem thought Jamario was playing like 7' last night.... ;D

catbearfan1

I've seen this skyscraper play before in person and well I don't remember his name being called out that much. I guess Salem had somebody blocking him that wasn't very good. I'm not saying the kid can't play but it sounds like he's getting upplayed a lot by the Salem fans because they're player couldn't guard him. It's absurd to say you don't need to even try to run towards his side.

dragonator

November 24, 2012, 11:00:35 am #415 Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 11:09:32 am by dragonator
Quote from: catbearfan1 on November 24, 2012, 10:54:14 am
I've seen this skyscraper play before in person and well I don't remember his name being called out that much. I guess Salem had somebody blocking him that wasn't very good. I'm not saying the kid can't play but it sounds like he's getting upplayed a lot by the Salem fans because they're player couldn't guard him. It's absurd to say you don't need to even try to run towards his side.

Nah, Salem doesn't have any good players.  ::)They just finished the regular seson undefeated and beat the brakes off everyone in their conference including WR.  ;)

Oh, and I guess that very same player that we will call "not very good" kept changing where he lined up cuz Bell plays on both ends (sometimes at the same time).  :o

bleudog

leedog95

I agree with Donnie. I haven't seen a 2A school this year with the team speed that JC has everywhere on that team. I've seen all the teams that are supposed to be fast but none compared to JC, but what really makes them good they are hard nosed and very  physical.....

the game

Quote from: leedog95 on November 25, 2012, 01:16:34 pm
I agree with Donnie. I haven't seen a 2A school this year with the team speed that JC has everywhere on that team. I've seen all the teams that are supposed to be fast but none compared to JC, but what really makes them good they are hard nosed and very  physical.....
Most everyone knows ... Nobody is as big , fast and strong as Junction City ... I mean no one has a chance against this Junction City team , well maybe Chuck Norris and his all star team  :o   It was a fluke that Bearden led them with less than 2 minutes left in the game  ;)

Footballworld

JC definetely had the speed, but Salem made some mistakes that also cost them. They have been almost mistake free, remember I said almost. I do believe that alot of the hype about JC was also a factor. They have a young coach that also is in a learning process. Hopefully he will learn from the this game. Do I believe that Salem could have beat them, YES! They have what it takes, and with some adjustments, they will be a contender again. Salem had a terrific season, and even though they didn't make it to the semi finals they have NOTHING to be ashamed of. They broke records, and they should be proud. Congratulations SALEM GREYHOUNDS, you did what they said you would never do. Now work hard all summer if you have too and get there next year.

Classof91

Now Game you know that early in the season la tech hadnt sent their red shirts up to jc yet.   Jc, as usual, has gotten better with each game, but when is the last time we've, seen bearden play so well?  In the past they have been a really good team with a great star (Watts, Lowe) but now they have two really good qb's and one is going to be the best player in bearden history i think.  We have the speed to match any team we play.  We have good size on the lines.  We have excellent receivers and our secondary....wicked!  And we have Bj on both sides of the ball.  We have to play solid friday to expect to compete against ms but we should be ok.  If any team has a chance to beat them pesky dragons its bearden.  Our guys know it too which most teams dont think they can.  Exciting next few weeks for four teams for sure.  Plus Cuz said they were in the sharing mood this year and want to spread those titles around the 8-2a!  Cuz is a great guy!

gatecrasher

The only team left with a chance to beat JC is in their own conference.

cuz

Quote from: the game on November 25, 2012, 01:26:04 pm
Quote from: leedog95 on November 25, 2012, 01:16:34 pm
Most everyone knows ... Nobody is as big , fast and strong as Junction City ... I mean no one has a chance against this Junction City team , well maybe Chuck Norris and his all star team  :o   It was a fluke that Bearden led them with less than 2 minutes left in the game  ;)
Come on Game you know Chuck Norris and his all star team are too old to beat JC. Fluke or not I still liked the final outcome after those 2 minutes.......... ;D

Quote from: Classof91 on November 25, 2012, 02:07:03 pm
Now Game you know that early in the season la tech hadnt sent their red shirts up to jc yet.   Jc, as usual, has gotten better with each game, but when is the last time we've, seen bearden play so well?  In the past they have been a really good team with a great star (Watts, Lowe) but now they have two really good qb's and one is going to be the best player in bearden history i think.  We have the speed to match any team we play.  We have good size on the lines.  We have excellent receivers and our secondary....wicked!  And we have Bj on both sides of the ball.  We have to play solid friday to expect to compete against ms but we should be ok.  If any team has a chance to beat them pesky dragons its bearden.  Our guys know it too which most teams dont think they can.  Exciting next few weeks for four teams for sure.  Plus Cuz said they were in the sharing mood this year and want to spread those titles around the 8-2a!  Cuz is a great guy!

Great guy or not, C91 I think I was talking about popcorn and such when it comes to the sharing............. ;D

Classof91

Ur still a great guy if its just popcorn.  I love heavy butter!

Dragon I

Quote from: Footballworld on November 25, 2012, 02:05:07 pm
JC definetely had the speed, but Salem made some mistakes that also cost them. They have been almost mistake free, remember I said almost. I do believe that alot of the hype about JC was also a factor. They have a young coach that also is in a learning process. Hopefully he will learn from the this game. Do I believe that Salem could have beat them, YES! They have what it takes, and with some adjustments, they will be a contender again. Salem had a terrific season, and even though they didn't make it to the semi finals they have NOTHING to be ashamed of. They broke records, and they should be proud. Congratulations SALEM GREYHOUNDS, you did what they said you would never do. Now work hard all summer if you have too and get there next year.
If you think Salem could make adjustments and beat JC, there is a good chance your dad is your uncle.

Footballworld

This forum I believe was designed to discuss the pros and cons of individual teams. The constant name calling and statements such as yours just belittles the overall 2A division. Every single person on here should always remember before answering others statements is how does this reflect on not only my team but our division. There is nothing wrong with staying faithful to whatever team, without making degrading comments. The 2A players who want to pursue more of a football future have a much harder road than even a 4A school. These young men need to be uplifted and learn by others good examples. They need encouragement, sound criticism, and forums such as this should be doing this. I stand by the statement to encourage this team to continue to pursue their goal. At any given time any one of these teams can be beat or can win, there are alot of factors involved which can determine the outcomes. "Outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves, its amazing what they can accomplish." Sam Walton. " I've learned that something constructive comes with every defeat." Tom Landry

amehr36

It would be rather constructive for all these one hit wonder teams to learn that you don't stack up with the big dogs just cause mommy, daddy, and the grandparents think you're a "special" team.  No matter how much you folks "believe" in the team, you just cant beat a team that much better than yours.

tdn (Tim)

Quote from: dragonator on November 24, 2012, 10:31:53 am

Ole' Bell will be 7 feet tall if JC makes it all the way to the Rock.  ;D

He sounds a lot like Former JC player Devon Ball (Physically).  Any comparison?

Footballworld

Quote from: amehr36 on November 26, 2012, 10:52:18 pm
It would be rather constructive for all these one hit wonder teams to learn that you don't stack up with the big dogs just cause mommy, daddy, and the grandparents think you're a "special" team.  No matter how much you folks "believe" in the team, you just cant beat a team that much better than yours.
I wouldn't exactly call Salem a one hit wonder team any more than I would say this about any other team who made it to the playoffs. They all earned their right to be there and try for that state championship. "One hit wonder teams" may be the next team to be the winner. Your belief that JC was much better than Salem or any other team is admirable, but no different than my belief that with adjustments that the outcome could have been different. I never belittled any of your athletes, in fact I said that they had speed.  And everyone should be proud of each of their special athletes, including mommy, daddy, and grandparents. Without this pride in our special athletes no one would have a football game to attend, including players. Our youth are the next generation to carry on, without encouragement where would the world end up? Everyone learns from mistakes, if you don't make mistakes you never learn.  For your information I don't live in AR, I live in MO, and travel several hours every time there is a game. And yes I am one of those grandparents who encourage their grandsons in every part of their life. I am extremely proud of my athlete and the team of which he is part, and will continue to impart encouragement and inspiration so that they may succeed in their future on and off the field. I am proud of the accomplishments that this team made this year, and no one can say that this team has not overcome alot of adversity. They may be losers in your book, but to every mommy, daddy, and grandparent in Salem, this team is a winner! And while I am at it congratulations to the rest of the teams for playing some good games this year, especially the 3-2A.

cuz

Quote from: cuz on November 23, 2012, 11:05:06 pm
Congrats to Salem on a great season. You have a first class team and fans. You were a very gracious host and loved the fire works. Good luck next year.....
You need to read the above post before you bad mouth everyone, it helps to read all the posts on a thread before you mouth off. For your info, a one hit wonder is a team that's won the Championship at WMS, and never's competed again for the title, which Salem hasn't gotten that far yet...........Maybe next year????
Quote from: Footballworld on November 27, 2012, 01:01:36 am
Quote from: amehr36 on November 26, 2012, 10:52:18 pm
I wouldn't exactly call Salem a one hit wonder team any more than I would say this about any other team who made it to the playoffs. They all earned their right to be there and try for that state championship. "One hit wonder teams" may be the next team to be the winner. Your belief that JC was much better than Salem or any other team is admirable, but no different than my belief that with adjustments that the outcome could have been different. I never belittled any of your athletes, in fact I said that they had speed.  And everyone should be proud of each of their special athletes, including mommy, daddy, and grandparents. Without this pride in our special athletes no one would have a football game to attend, including players. Our youth are the next generation to carry on, without encouragement where would the world end up? Everyone learns from mistakes, if you don't make mistakes you never learn.  For your information I don't live in AR, I live in MO, and travel several hours every time there is a game. And yes I am one of those grandparents who encourage their grandsons in every part of their life. I am extremely proud of my athlete and the team of which he is part, and will continue to impart encouragement and inspiration so that they may succeed in their future on and off the field. I am proud of the accomplishments that this team made this year, and no one can say that this team has not overcome alot of adversity. They may be losers in your book, but to every mommy, daddy, and grandparent in Salem, this team is a winner! And while I am at it congratulations to the rest of the teams for playing some good games this year, especially the 3-2A.

Dragon I

Cuz, 4:48 am? You up sippin coffee early ain't ya?

CMhawgtracks

Quote from: Kool_Hand-Luke on November 24, 2012, 09:37:16 am
DJ I know you speak the truth and I hope we can pull something out.  It will be a tough game for the Cats, but stranger things have happened.  Go Cats

Luke, you go ahead and support your team, nobody can nor will they criticize you for that, and I won't be sitting behind you throwing popcorn in your drink. Your son and the rest of your team are doing something special that they will remember for the rest of their lives. Good luck and safe travels to you and all the WR gang!

good times

Quote from: CMhawgtracks on November 27, 2012, 10:54:49 am
Quote from: Kool_Hand-Luke on November 24, 2012, 09:37:16 am

Luke, you go ahead and support your team, nobody can nor will they criticize you for that, and I won't be sitting behind you throwing popcorn in your drink. Your son and the rest of your team are doing something special that they will remember for the rest of their lives. Good luck and safe travels to you and all the WR gang!
I agree completely. The odds may be stacked against WR but they need support and they need to believe to have any chance. WR is having a great season....good luck.

cuz

Quote from: Dragon I on November 27, 2012, 08:14:28 am
Cuz, 4:48 am? You up sippin coffee early ain't ya?
Second cup, haven't killed but one deer.............

Dragon I

Cuz.......how's that even possible?  You gotta have at least 5 in the freezer to be prepared for the zombie apocalypse!

cuz

Quote from: Dragon I on November 27, 2012, 01:37:58 pm
Cuz.......how's that even possible?  You gotta have at least 5 in the freezer to be prepared for the zombie apocalypse!
I don't know, you really think that's coming? I guess I better get after it then....,,,,

Dragon I

Stacked another one up this afternoon cuz. I'm having a good year in the woods! That's 4.

cuz

Got a nice 8 this morning, put on Facebook.....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas