• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Has anyone heard from the Warren kid that walked onto the field?

Started by Little Bear, December 11, 2017, 12:18:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Romeo on December 11, 2017, 05:44:48 pm
According to the Warren School Handbook, the school board only has the authority to expel a student. The superintendent makes a recommendation for expulsion and is required to give written notice to the parents. There has to be formal hearing were both sides make arguments and the board makes the decision. I don't think enough time has passed to expel him already.
The super can suspend for ten days max. Only the board can go beyond. And unless there is a policy in place that addresses this, there ain't a chance in this world he should be expelled. Now, withheld for safety, or sent to Alternative School for the rest of the year are other things to consider.

Trojanbird

Just amazing, here it is Tuesday and Warren is still trying to find an excuse - blame someone else - for losing!

Digger#23

bigworm

Kid didnt cost warren the game. The QB threw the ball to an arkadelphia player. And the warren d gave up a TD to the tight end to give up the lead. Go to AAA website amd look up the rule. The way i read it the refs got it right. With that being said, its a stupid rule in which i wouldnt have enforced if i were the ref. Guess thats why im not a ref. I am not a fan of either school so i say this from an unbiased perspective. We have to teach our kids to worry about the things they control....blocking, tackling, executing, focus, etc. Cant blame a loss one call or one play.

incogneto

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 12, 2017, 10:27:12 am
If it had been handled the way YOU say it should have been, then the fan running on the field would have created an unfair advantage for Warren on the LAST play of the game. Say what you want, but I think the refs decision was about as fair to BOTH teams as it could have been.
And as a side note, they allowed Hembre to be on the field the ENTIRE game, and only assessed him one 5 yard penalty. He could have received a 15 yard penalty or ejection for his behavior on the sidelines/field.

I want to say something about this and I hope the AAA pays attention to it.  During the Warren/LRCA game Bo basically bullied Teodis Ingram the former Crossett HC and Side Judge the entire game.  Our coaches had to quit running to that side of the field for fear of holding calls because Bo was making the calls.  The biggest problem was that Bo was on the field almost the entire game.  He was in between the hashes more than twice. His team was beat down exhausted and he was doing everything he could to get them a breather.  Plus LRCA was the team that got the sideline warning just like Arkadelphia did.  The crap that the crews let him get away with because he is Bo is unreal.  The AAA crews need to drop their nuts and enforce the rules the same way for both teams.

STUNNA

Quote from: incogneto on December 13, 2017, 07:29:22 am
I want to say something about this and I hope the AAA pays attention to it.  During the Warren/LRCA game Bo basically bullied Teodis Ingram the former Crossett HC and Side Judge the entire game.  Our coaches had to quit running to that side of the field for fear of holding calls because Bo was making the calls.  The biggest problem was that Bo was on the field almost the entire game.  He was in between the hashes more than twice. His team was beat down exhausted and he was doing everything he could to get them a breather.  Plus LRCA was the team that got the sideline warning just like Arkadelphia did.  The crap that the crews let him get away with because he is Bo is unreal.  The AAA crews need to drop their nuts and enforce the rules the same way for both teams.

But did you win?

03Badger

Quote from: incogneto on December 13, 2017, 07:29:22 am

ive always been amazed that he gets away with this every year.

incogneto

Quote from: STUNNA on December 13, 2017, 07:52:37 am
But did you win?
Yes but we were a way better team.

STUNNA

KASH dba The Lumberjack

I'm beginning to see that several of you guys are in awe of Bo. Y'all pay good money to go see how many times and how far he gets on the field. By spying on him, you guys missed a pretty darn game.

Maybe the ref that missed the fumble was acting like some of you and watching Bo instead of the game.

hogfan10

Quote from: STUNNA on December 13, 2017, 08:26:12 am
Better in shape

That's Warren's coaching staffs fault.
There is no reason with the amount of athletes available at WHS that any player should have to go both ways the majority of the game. If the WHS staff would make the effort to coach all the players on the team, instead of just 25 or so, they could do this. Arkadelphia starts this in the 7th grade. Looked like the #'s were about the same for WHS & AHS.

hogfan10

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on December 13, 2017, 08:28:49 am
I'm beginning to see that several of you guys are in awe of Bo. Y'all pay good money to go see how many times and how far he gets on the field. By spying on him, you guys missed a pretty darn game.

Maybe the ref that missed the fumble was acting like some of you and watching Bo instead of the game.

Well he kinda made himself a part of the game by always being on the field. It was hard to miss.

STUNNA

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 13, 2017, 08:32:14 am
Well he kinda made himself a part of the game by always being on the field. It was hard to miss.
I know we missed Man Crush Monday but I can get you a signed photo from him. That way you can gaze at him all off season so maybe you can enjoy the games next year.

STUNNA

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 13, 2017, 08:30:52 am
That's Warren's coaching staffs fault.
There is no reason with the amount of athletes available at WHS that any player should have to go both ways the majority of the game. If the WHS staff would make the effort to coach all the players on the team, instead of just 25 or so, they could do this. Arkadelphia starts this in the 7th grade. Looked like the #'s were about the same for WHS & AHS.
Arkadelphia roster on Hudl shows over 60... Warren dressed around 35 this year. Warren never has big numbers.

hogfan10

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on December 13, 2017, 08:40:49 am
I know we missed Man Crush Monday but I can get you a signed photo from him. That way you can gaze at him all off season so maybe you can enjoy the games next year.

I'll pass, I prefer winners.

STUNNA

And not that it matters i did think LRC had a very good team. Warren wore down in the second half and Burks and McKnight missed a lot of it. Which is big for a team that relies heavily on both of those guys. And justice Hill was a game changer for sure. Other qb should have never seen the field. Just my opinion.

STUNNA

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 13, 2017, 08:44:21 am
I'll pass, I prefer winners.
I would need your address in order for you to get it. I would leave it out in a pouch on our admission gate to our stadium for you to swing by and grab but we all know you'd never be able to find it there...

hogfan10

Quote from: STUNNA on December 13, 2017, 08:42:18 am
Arkadelphia roster on Hudl shows over 60... Warren dressed around 35 this year. Warren never has big numbers.

Not sure when those rosters are provided, but I'd be shocked if Arkadelphia has 60, more like low 50's. Maybe that # includes the 9th graders that came up at the end of the year, and played 0 meaningful plays. Also, I would have guessed Warren had 45-50 dressed on Saturday. Maybe y'all dressed some 9th graders too. I didn't count them, just eyeball test. Anyway, Warren played a lot both ways a significant # of plays, which was surprising. I think Arkadelphia played 3 defensive players on offense, maybe 10 or so plays combined.

hogfan10

Quote from: STUNNA on December 13, 2017, 08:48:04 am
One every 30 years? Lol.. we can tell you like a winner

There's more to being a "winner" than just winning football games.

STUNNA

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 13, 2017, 08:52:29 am
Not sure when those rosters are provided, but I'd be shocked if Arkadelphia has 60, more like low 50's. Maybe that # includes the 9th graders that came up at the end of the year, and played 0 meaningful plays. Also, I would have guessed Warren had 45-50 dressed on Saturday. Maybe y'all dressed some 9th graders too. I didn't count them, just eyeball test. Anyway, Warren played a lot both ways a significant # of plays, which was surprising. I think Arkadelphia played 3 defensive players on offense, maybe 10 or so plays combined.
arkadelphia roster did include a few freshman. Warren usually plays kids only on one side at the beginning of season. But had to for sure play kids both ways in the secondary this year which i thought was Warren biggest weakness this season.

STUNNA

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 13, 2017, 08:54:51 am
There's more to being a "winner" than just winning football games.

You mean like spending countless hours coaching and out in the local community and helping young men get to college?

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: STUNNA on December 13, 2017, 09:01:07 am
You mean like spending countless hours coaching and out in the local community and helping young men get to college?
Whoa, this is not a thread of truths. Only post what ifs and what could have beens on this.

hogfan10

Quote from: STUNNA on December 13, 2017, 09:01:07 am

Sure that can be part of it.

hogfan10

Quote from: STUNNA on December 13, 2017, 08:58:45 am
arkadelphia roster did include a few freshman. Warren usually plays kids only on one side at the beginning of season. But had to for sure play kids both ways in the secondary this year which i thought was Warren biggest weakness this season.

I'd say this year was probably the first year that I didn't want some of the offense to play defense on crucial downs. In the past (previous years loss to Warren), I thought we had a few that could have played some snaps on both sides, but not a significant # of snaps. Surprisingly to me, the Warren players held up well throughout the game, Arkadelphia usually starts slow, but really gets rolling as their opponents begin to tire. Warren didn't seem to tire too much, maybe the colder weather helped.

STUNNA

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 13, 2017, 09:19:25 am
I'd say this year was probably the first year that I didn't want some of the offense to play defense on crucial downs. In the past (previous years loss to Warren), I thought we had a few that could have played some snaps on both sides, but not a significant # of snaps. Surprisingly to me, the Warren players held up well throughout the game, Arkadelphia usually starts slow, but really gets rolling as their opponents begin to tire. Warren didn't seem to tire too much, maybe the colder weather helped.
I thought Arkadelphia was the better team first half and warren was the better team second half. Opposite of the Robinson game. I was actually expecting Arkadelphia to be a little better than they were honestly and that's not a knock on them at all.

hogfan10

Quote from: STUNNA on December 13, 2017, 09:23:28 am
I thought Arkadelphia was the better team first half and warren was the better team second half. Opposite of the Robinson game. I was actually expecting Arkadelphia to be a little better than they were honestly and that's not a knock on them at all.

I thought it was pretty even both halves, with the edge going slightly to Arkadelphia. Warren was really good and big, appearing to be much bigger on the lines. And of course, Warren had the best player on the field who made a huge difference. Assuming everything stays the same as far as game plan, etc.; you take #13 off the field, and Arkadelphia wins going away.

STUNNA

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 13, 2017, 09:31:24 am
I thought it was pretty even both halves, with the edge going slightly to Arkadelphia. Warren was really good and big, appearing to be much bigger on the lines. And of course, Warren had the best player on the field who made a huge difference. Assuming everything stays the same as far as game plan, etc.; you take #13 off the field, and Arkadelphia wins going away.

Warrens offense was able to do a lot more easier than i thought. Passing and running. Defensively i would guess that was the lowest yardage output by Arkadelphia all season besides the Robinson game. Just had way to many costly mistakes.

hogfan10

Quote from: STUNNA on December 13, 2017, 09:45:04 am
Warrens offense was able to do a lot more easier than i thought. Passing and running. Defensively i would guess that was the lowest yardage output by Arkadelphia all season besides the Robinson game. Just had way to many costly mistakes.

The biggest mistake, IMO, was not playing #13 at QB every down. Nothing against the other QB, he's just not #13.

STUNNA

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 13, 2017, 10:01:51 am
The biggest mistake, IMO, was not playing #13 at QB every down. Nothing against the other QB, he's just not #13.

I agree 100%. Good things happen the more #13 has the ball. Kinnard has improved tremendously over the season also. But yea if I'm Hembree Burks would be my qb next year and move kinnard to the slot.

Lumberjackfan1978

Burks was definitely the best player on the field been that way all year.But it was definitely a great game for both teams I didn't like the outcome but both teams played great congratulations to Arky on their state championship

Lumberjackfan1978

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Think Burks had an injury we didn't know about. Think Bo knew his back might spasm. Don't think he could have played QB all game.

I don't know why we didn't run a few more jet sweeps, first one worked well.

STUNNA

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on December 13, 2017, 10:36:10 am
Think Burks had an injury we didn't know about. Think Bo knew his back might spasm. Don't think he could have played QB all game.

I don't know why we didn't run a few more jet sweeps, first one worked well.

I agree with the jet sweep. I only recall McKnight running the sweep first play of the game. I won't complain with how Bo called the game. We racked up over 500 yards. Just had a costly turnover that basically was a td return and the 15 penalties we had. Clean those up and Warren wins.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: STUNNA on December 13, 2017, 10:51:43 am
I agree with the jet sweep. I only recall McKnight running the sweep first play of the game. I won't complain with how Bo called the game. We racked up over 500 yards. Just had a costly turnover that basically was a td return and the 15 penalties we had. Clean those up and Warren wins.
I thought McKnight only ran it once too.

mossflyer

He ran it again and that was the fumble that Arkadelphia returned to the five yard line.

STUNNA

Quote from: mossflyer on December 13, 2017, 04:07:00 pm
He ran it again and that was the fumble that Arkadelphia returned to the five yard line.

Yep that is correct. Momentum changer in my opinion

snoopy22

That play has a bit of risk, when defended well it can be a big loss that puts you behind the sticks. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas