• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 - 2A Pre-State Tournament MONEY POLL

Started by 3 Dollar, May 14, 2014, 03:19:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Dollar

1...Foreman
2...Tuckerman
3...Buffalo Island Central
4...Woodlawn
5...Hector
6...Bigelow
7...Magnet Cove
8...Des Arc
9...Marmaduke
10..Rector

8)

Good Luck to All!!!

True Fan

May 14, 2014, 04:11:44 pm #1 Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 07:42:58 pm by True Fan
#2 may not make it out of the first round.

#9 and #10 will probably get run ruled in the first round.

#7 should be higher.

1 Foreman
2 BIC
3 Woodlawn
4 Magnet Cove
5 Junction City
6 Hector
7 Bigelow
8 Tuckerman
9 Des Arc
10 Spring Hill

jabberhog

Quote from: True Fan on May 14, 2014, 04:11:44 pm

#8 and #9 will probably get run ruled in the first round.

#7 should be higher.

1 Foreman
2 BIC
3 Woodlawn
4 Magnet Cove
5 Junction City
6 Hector
7 Bigelow
8 Tuckerman
9 Des Arc
10 Spring Hill

Still no respect for 2A6.   Des Arc, even tho they are a bitter rival, will not be run ruled by St. Joseph.  Magnet Cove relaxed just like Hazen did in the regionals and let Des Arc back in it. 

Also, just received a text that the Bigelow/Hazen game times had been switched with JC/Tuckerman to let the seniors from both Hazen and Bigelow go to their graduations that night.  I am sure the senior pitcher from Bigelow would like to go to her graduation just as the Hazen seniors want to go to their only high school graduation. 

Panthers44

Quote from: 3 Dollar on May 14, 2014, 03:19:08 pm
1...Foreman
2...Tuckerman
3...Buffalo Island Central
4...Woodlawn
5...Hector
6...Bigelow
7...Magnet Cove
8...Des Arc
9...Marmaduke
10..Rector

8)

Good Luck to All!!!
Bic just beat Tuckerman monday for second time of year! How are they ahead of Bic in the money poll!

Wolfman34

#7 should be higher.

1 Foreman
2 BIC
3 Woodlawn
4 Magnet Cove
5 Junction City
6 Hector
7 Bigelow
8 Tuckerman
9 Des Arc
10 Spring Hill

Spring Hill? You're goofy....
BIC is hottest team. Tuckerman may get beat by JC and  Marmaduke may get run ruled. But Spring Hill does not belong in the poll. They did not perform when it counted most. They're like Cedar Ridge. A good team but flopped when it mattered most. Salem did same.

BledBlue

Quote from: jabberhog on May 14, 2014, 04:32:34 pm

#7 should be higher.

1 Foreman
2 BIC
3 Woodlawn
4 Magnet Cove
5 Junction City
6 Hector
7 Bigelow
8 Tuckerman
9 Des Arc
10 Spring Hill

Still no respect for 2A6.   Des Arc, even tho they are a bitter rival, will not be run ruled by St. Joseph.  Magnet Cove relaxed just like Hazen did in the regionals and let Des Arc back in it. 

Also, just received a text that the Bigelow/Hazen game times had been switched with JC/Tuckerman to let the seniors from both Hazen and Bigelow go to their graduations that night.  I am sure the senior pitcher from Bigelow would like to go to her graduation just as the Hazen seniors want to go to their only high school graduation.

St joe not too bad..run ruled bigelow and lost to hector in the regional 1 - 0. What's the scoop on Des Arc?

Panthers44

True Fan

Still no respect for 2A6.   Des Arc, even tho they are a bitter rival, will not be run ruled by St. Joseph. 

Oops. That's a typo. Meant #9 and #10. I have Des Arc picked to advance in the first round.. ;D

Quote from: Wolfman34 on May 14, 2014, 06:28:32 pm

Quote from: Panthers44 on May 14, 2014, 07:51:46 pm
Did Springhill even make state???

Nope, they are done.

There are a lot of teams that are one bad game or one bad inning from going home. If SH played every one of the top ten, they would win at least five. I can't write off a good team completely because of a two run loss in the toughest region to a team that has been in the semi's or better the last three years and won it all in 2012.

As for the goofy part, yea, I got no argument for that. ;D

True Fan

Quote from: BledBlue on May 14, 2014, 07:47:17 pm

St joe not too bad..run ruled bigelow and lost to hector in the regional 1 - 0. What's the scoop on Des Arc?

Just out of curiosity, when was the run rule? I remember when CSJ was in our conference. They were well coached and always seemed right on the cusp of being an upper tier team.

Des Arc is a fundamentally sound team that will flat take advantage of every break that they can get. We saw three pitchers. First one had some good movement. The second one had about a 30 mph very perceptible arc that she was throwing for strikes. You better be patient enough to hit that or fast enough to bunt for a hit. I thought the last one we saw was the best. Good speed and control. Good hitters will put it in play, but like I said, the defense is fast and gets the ball in. The held us to more singles than anyone we've faced this year. I think our girls thought that they were giving up when the put the slow pitcher in and relaxed. That's how they get you. If you let them hang around, they will make a run at the end.

A couple things to watch for, they crowd the plate and don't mind getting hit. Had one get called out after being hit by a pitch on a dead ball third strike. And, their bunters stay inside the line going to first and interfere with the throws. (We couldn't get that called in regional :) ) And, #7 is some kind of fast. For a kid who doesn't even push leaving early, she can fly between bases.

alibi41x

May 14, 2014, 08:33:19 pm #9 Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 08:37:39 pm by alibi41x
No one even counts Murfreesboro which held Foreman in Regionals 2-0 til the 5th inning & then lost 6-1 which was better than the Woodlawn score. Woodlawn only beat Murfreesboro in the Springhill tournament 2-1, & Murfreesboro has beaten Magnet Cove. In district Springhill beat Murfreesboro 6-3. Murfreesboro like Springhill fell to Junction City on their own errors at regionals.

True Fan

Great points. If they were playing Hector, they would probably get some love. I really thought that MC played their worst game in years in that loss. I have rethought that a few times as I've seen the scores against the other "strong" teams. They could be better that many are thinking. If they upset BIC, they will get more respect.

Panthers44

Quote from: True Fan on May 14, 2014, 07:55:55 pm

Still no respect for 2A6.   Des Arc, even tho they are a bitter rival, will not be run ruled by St. Joseph. 

Oops. That's a typo. Meant #9 and #10. I have Des Arc picked to advance in the first round.. ;D

Quote from: Wolfman34 on May 14, 2014, 06:28:32 pm

Quote from: Panthers44 on May 14, 2014, 07:51:46 pm
Did Springhill even make state???

Nope, they are done.

There are a lot of teams that are one bad game or one bad inning from going home. If SH played every one of the top ten, they would win at least five. I can't write off a good team completely because of a two run loss in the toughest region to a team that has been in the semi's or better the last three years and won it all in 2012.

As for the goofy part, yea, I got no argument for that. ;D
It doesnt matter if they beat all the top ten they didnt play good when it counted!

Wolfman34

I'm not hating True Fan..you do have some good points. I still say BIC is a machine right now. Wouldn't bet against them.

jabberhog

Des Arc   #5 is their best player.  Had 3 of their 5 hits vs. Hazen.  She is had to get out at the plate.  #33 had their other two hits.  #7 will bunt and make you make a play.   

If you don't paint the corners, they can put the ball in the outfield regularly. 

#36 is usually their 1st pitcher and will lean into the ball.  She did that in our first game of the year.  Our coach called time out on her second plate appearance and announced to the pitcher to throw as hard as she could.  #36 did not lean into another pitch over the plate.  #18 will also try to get hit by a pitch. 

If you shut down #5 and 33, you have a good shot to win.  Both of them played for me in travel ball before so good luck keeping them off the base paths.  You might do it half the time but the other half they will get on base somehow.

alibi41x

Wolfman dont count out the Lady Rattlers either, if they will play the way they started out against Foreman it will be a good game from what yall are saying!!

DQSB

May 15, 2014, 07:22:28 am #15 Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 07:26:57 am by DQSB
Quote from: alibi41x on May 14, 2014, 10:58:24 pm
Wolfman dont count out the Lady Rattlers either, if they will play the way they started out against Foreman it will be a good game from what yall are saying!!

A fourth seed upset of one seed BIC will definitely get everyones attention.  Win the game on the field and everyone will take note.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Rector has given BIC fits all season & beat them in District. I would not take them lightly either.  All teams are good when you get this far & anyone can be beat on any given day.  "THAT'S WHY WE PLAY THE GAME!"
GOOD LUCK  to All!!

Hatchet

Better watch the pitcher from BIC.  She is really good when the umps let her crow hop. She has been called for it a few times this year and it really upset her.

NEASPORTSFAN

With all due respect, every pitcher I have ever seen crow hops at some point

BIG_K

Then you must have coached and had one playing in rec ball.

mustangmom22

May 15, 2014, 01:07:08 pm #20 Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 01:20:43 pm by mustangmom22
 Your team must have been beaten by BIC:)

True Fan

Quote from: phstiger on May 15, 2014, 11:48:02 am
With all due respect, every pitcher I have ever seen crow hops at some point

I disagree. Most of them will leap every now and then. It's rare to see a crow hop.

Panthers44

Quote from: Hatchet on May 15, 2014, 10:42:10 am
Better watch the pitcher from BIC.  She is really good when the umps let her crow hop. She has been called for it a few times this year and it really upset her.
do you even know what a crow hop is? Half of high school pitchers illegal pitch! Next time you watch a high school game sit back and watch your pitcher i bet she will illegal pitch!!!

CrazySacDad

polls look pretty good. Talk is talk. Lady Rattlers r decent but got favorable calling in Hope in 2-1 loss against Woodlawn. Woodlawn runned ruled Magnot Cove early lost to Foreman-so did a lot of other teams. Woodlawn hung with 7A power house Bentonville and Benton Harmony Grove late in season. Woodlawn is well coached but every team in State most likely are. We fans can have fun ribbing each other but it comes down to the young Ladys and a little luck. There will be no losers leaving Marked Tree this week that is for certain

Wolfman34

Quote from: alibi41x on May 14, 2014, 10:58:24 pm

Hey alibi I would never disrespect anyone. You never know what's gonna happen until it happens.

Rattlers are good or they wouldn't be here. Just saying that BIC looks to be hitting on all cylinders at the perfect time. But ANYTHING can happen.

fearlessfriday1

Wow. Did not see BIC pitcher crow hop but I did see a gritty performance out of The Lady Rattlers and BIC. This looked like a semi-final game or better right off the bat! Heck a crowd gathered before it was over. Rattlers got respect from everybody watching!

Panthers44

Quote from: fearlessfriday1 on May 16, 2014, 10:17:40 pm
Wow. Did not see BIC pitcher crow hop but I did see a gritty performance out of The Lady Rattlers and BIC. This looked like a semi-final game or better right off the bat! Heck a crowd gathered before it was over. Rattlers got respect from everybody watching!
That's because she doesnt crow hop they have no clue! I heard it was a really good game!Best game of round one for sure!!!

BIG_K

Whit all due respect, Mr. PHS (alias Mr. Rec League) say all pitchers need a little less crow in their hop ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

True Fan

Still no respect for 2A6.   

Quote from: bleudog on May 16, 2014, 04:12:28 pm
St Joe     7
Des Arc   0

Bigelow  2
Hazen    0

Hector   5
P-W      0

This is why the 2A-6 doesn't get respect.

True Fan

After the first round

1 Foreman
2 Woodlawn
3 BIC
4 Magnet Cove
5 Junction City
6 Murfreesboro
7 Spring Hill
8 Bigelow
9 Tuckerman
10 Hector

jabberhog

Quote from: True Fan on May 17, 2014, 10:26:59 am
Still no respect for 2A6.   

Quote from: bleudog on May 16, 2014, 04:12:28 pm
St Joe     7
Des Arc   0

Bigelow  2
Hazen    0

Hector   5
P-W      0

This is why the 2A-6 doesn't get respect.

Yes.   It was a swing and a miss all the way around. 

alibi41x

In my opinion the new updated poll going into today needs to show both Junction City & Murfreesboro above Magnet Cove since both teams have beaten Magnet. Thank you for including the Lady Rattlers of Murfreesboro in your poll. It was definitely a good game against BIC.

True Fan

May 19, 2014, 01:01:22 pm #32 Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 10:17:09 pm by True Fan
Alibi, you are 100% correct. I revised it this morning but didn't post it. Kinda thought that I would wait until the games were played today. Oh, what the heck.

True Fan's Final 2A poll - Unless something crazy happens. ;D

1 Foreman
2 Woodlawn BIC
3 BIC Junction City
4 Junction City Woodlawn
5 Murfreesboro
6 Hector
7 Magnet Cove
8 Bigelow
9 Tuckerman
10 Spring Hill

Minor edit because something crazy happened. ;D