• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A STATE MATCHUPS Hazen vs. Bigelow

Started by jabberhog, May 13, 2014, 07:26:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jabberhog

What is the rundown on the Bigelow team?

I know they have a senior pitcher but little else.

Fill me in.

Jackel

This is 2A softball-- a senior pitcher that pitched in the championship game last year. Sometimes that's just enough regardless of what else u got

jabberhog

Quote from: jabberhog on May 13, 2014, 07:26:18 pm
What is the rundown on the Bigelow team?

I know they have a senior pitcher but little else.

Fill me in.

By little else.  I mean "I know they have a senior pitcher but don't know anything about the team or how they play."

Jackel

After a little bit of research (hasn't been a lot posted about Bigelow this year)- I found that between FF and AAA Twitter that it looks like they won the two Regional games they played by combined score of 25-0. They haven't been in 3 Dollars poll since the beginning of season, but did split games (both Extra innings) with Hector the #4 in Money Poll.  This may or may not help, but if u can watch Hectors game that might give u a close comparison   

3 Dollar

Hector & Bigelow are pretty equally matched.  They both have excellent pitching and fairly solid catching and infield.  Neither team has much on the offensive front.  Hector beat Bigelow 5-0 early in the season @ Hector.  Bigelow beat Hector 2-1 in 8 innings @ Bigelow toward the end of the regular season.  And, Hector defeated Bigelow 4-3 in the bottom of the 8th inning @ Bigelow in finals of District Tournament.

I would have to say that Bigelow has improved tremendously throughout the season.

I don't know about Hector's improvement.  I only saw them late in the season.

Hope this helps!

Straightup

Quote from: 3 Dollar on May 14, 2014, 02:49:51 pm
Hector & Bigelow are pretty equally matched.  They both have excellent pitching and fairly solid catching and infield.  Neither team has much on the offensive front.  Hector beat Bigelow 5-0 early in the season @ Hector.  Bigelow beat Hector 2-1 in 8 innings @ Bigelow toward the end of the regular season.  And, Hector defeated Bigelow 4-3 in the bottom of the 8th inning @ Bigelow in finals of District Tournament.

I would have to say that Bigelow has improved tremendously throughout the season.

Hope this helps!
Saw 2 of the 3 games between Bigelow and Hector. Bigelow's pitcher is much better now than at the beginning of the season, I think that has been the difference maker for them as of late. Hector pitching has been solid all year but they are not strong defensively, which could be their Achilles heel in state. Their hitting has been somewhat sporadic throughout the season. JMO

jabberhog

Quote from: Straightup on May 14, 2014, 06:42:00 pm

Hope this helps!
Saw 2 of the 3 games between Bigelow and Hector. Bigelow's pitcher is much better now than at the beginning of the season, I think that has been the difference maker for them as of late. Hector pitching has been solid all year but they are not strong defensively, which could be their Achilles heel in state. Their hitting has been somewhat sporadic throughout the season. JMO

How were the Bigelow girls at the plate?   Strikeout much, ground balls, fly balls,  bunts?

Straightup

Quote from: jabberhog on May 14, 2014, 09:01:05 pm

Hope this helps!

How were the Bigelow girls at the plate?   Strikeout much, ground balls, fly balls,  bunts?
In district finals they had 15k's, 2 hits, one which was a bunt if I am not mistaken. They scored 2 of their 3 runs on errors... I think.

Straightup

Quote from: Straightup on May 14, 2014, 10:07:04 pm

Hope this helps!

In district finals they had 15k's, 2 hits, one which was a bunt if I am not mistaken. They scored 2 of their 3 runs on errors... I think.
Info off of Gamechanger

jabberhog

Quote from: Straightup on May 14, 2014, 10:07:04 pm

Hope this helps!

Thanks...

CrazySacDad

Saw Hazen play in tough Woodlawn tournament. they are much improved over last year. They don't quite fighting. would not take them lightly.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas