• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 - 5A MONEY POLL

Started by 3 Dollar, April 06, 2014, 08:01:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DQSB

Congratulations to former 5A players Sydnee Clark, White Hall / Arkansas Tech, and Morgan South, Wynne / Henderson State, on being named GAC First Team All Conference.

Updated 5 A East Standings
Paragould           11-1 Conf  22-1 Overall
Beebe                10-2 Conf  20-4 Overall
Greene Co Tech     8-4 Conf  17-8 Overall
Batesville             7-5 Conf  18-11Overall
Forrest City           5-7 Conf  10-9 Overall
Nettleton              4-8 Conf  5-13 Overall
Wynne                  3-9 Conf  5-17 Overall
Blytheville             0-12 Conf 1-15 Overall

Top 4 teams out of the East are set for state tournament. Each team has 1 conference double header left to play. Seeding (3 or 4) could still change between Batesville and GCT, but its not likely. GCT owns tie breaker, so GCT would have to drop both games to Forrest City next week and Batesville has to win both with Wynne for the seeding to change. Seeding could also change (1 or 2) between Paragould and Beebe, but again not likely. Paragould owns the tie breaker, so Paragould would have to drop their last 2 and Beebe win both. Head to head match ups between the top 4 have all been played.

Anyone have updated standings on the 5A West, Central and South?

DQSB

De Queen 14 Hot Springs 1

5A South standings were updated on this thread last night

Casual Observer

May 01, 2014, 08:54:44 pm #104 Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 09:05:12 pm by Casual Observer
I possibly disagree about the tie-breaker status between GCT and Bville.  I think that's still up in the air.  The way I understand it, the first tie breaker is head to head.  They split.  The second tie breaker is run differential between them.  They each beat the other team 3-2.  The third is runs scored in conference wins, up to five.  I doubt anyone has gone to the trouble of figuring that because it hasn't been needed, plus all the games haven't even been played yet.

This, however, is a moot point because I don't think GCT can lose a game to FC.

Quote from: 1426 on May 01, 2014, 04:53:45 pm
Updated 5 A East Standings
Paragould           11-1 Conf  22-1 Overall
Beebe                10-2 Conf  20-4 Overall
Greene Co Tech     8-4 Conf  17-8 Overall
Batesville             7-5 Conf  18-11Overall
Forrest City           5-7 Conf  10-9 Overall
Nettleton              4-8 Conf  5-13 Overall
Wynne                  3-9 Conf  5-17 Overall
Blytheville             0-12 Conf 1-15 Overall

Top 4 teams out of the East are set for state tournament. Each team has 1 conference double header left to play. Seeding (3 or 4) could still change between Batesville and GCT, but its not likely. GCT owns tie breaker, so GCT would have to drop both games to Forrest City next week and Batesville has to win both with Wynne for the seeding to change. Seeding could also change (1 or 2) between Paragould and Beebe, but again not likely. Paragould owns the tie breaker, so Paragould would have to drop their last 2 and Beebe win both. Head to head match ups between the top 4 have all been played.

I don't doubt that you are correct. You are definitely more studied on the tie breakers than I am. Actually, I am a Batesville player's parent, so I hope you are correct. However, my info came from the Batesville head coach. She says that if FC & GCT were to split, which I agree with you is not likely, GCT has us on the tie breakers. Coach Wilson is of the opinion that we need FC to sweep GCT to improve our seeding.

Pioneer86

I believe the tie breaker would go to Batesville by a 1 run difference. Batesville has got the maximum of 5 runs each of their conference wins. If they take two from Wynne by 5+ both games that gives them a total of 43 runs. GCT Has won all theirs by 5+ except the win over Paragould 4-0. If they beat FC by 5+ and then lose they would have a total of 42. Not likely, but possible I guess.

DQSB

Watson Chapel 6 Magnolia 5
De Queen 9 Hope 5

baller72

5A South
White Hall beat Watson Chapel 9-4 Conference game

DQSB

5A South standings (and remaining games) with one week to go to best of my knowledge.  Top four locked in for state. Still lots of possibilities on seeding:

White Hall 9-1 (CFV, Hope, DQ, Mag)
De Queen 9-2 (Mag, WC, WH)
Magnolia 8-3 (DQ, LS, WH)
Watson Chapel 7-4 (LS, DQ, HS)

3 Dollar

Updated!

Please post all 5A scores for 5/5 - 5/10 on this thread!

Thank You!

BBRB

So what are Vilonia and Greenbriar's records?  We never see many 5A scores from the west on here

grizzone

Vilonia and Greenbrier play 5/9 and the winner will win conference, loser will be 2 seed.

DQSB

Does anyone have the 5A Central standings?

grizzone

I do not know exact records but Sylvan Hills is undefeated at 10-0 with North Pulaski left to play in conference.
Jacksonville & North Pulaski are tied for 2nd but NP is playing Sylvan Hills tomorrow. I do not know the records of anyone else.         I would suspect the order of finish would be:
1) Sylvan Hills
2) Jacksonville
3) North Pulaski
4) ??? Little Rock Mills (this is pure guess on other teams I have seen that SH has played)

Lionheart88

I'm quite surprised that PA and LRCA don't have better softball programs.

NEASPORTSFAN

They must have a tighter recruiting budget than the football programs.

DQSB

DQSB

5A South Standings (remaining games):

White Hall 9-1 (CFV, Hope, DQ, Mag)
De Queen 10-2 (WC, WH)
Magnolia 8-4 (LS, WH)
Watson Chapel 8-4 (DQ, HS)

Lionheart88

WH run-ruled CF 16-0 in 3 innings.  I wasn't there, but I was told that the WH lead-off hitter batted three times in the first inning.

Batesville over Wynne 16-0 in 1st game. Batesville over Wynne 11-2 in the night cap. Batesville ends the conference season at 9-5 & 20-11 overall.

NEASPORTSFAN

May 06, 2014, 08:01:18 pm #121 Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 09:26:53 pm by phstiger
Congrats to coach
wilson in getting that program back to being respectable.

BBRB

Beebe wrapped up conference play with a pair 15-0 wins over Blythville...They will be at Searcy Thursday and NLR on Monday

gamecocks8584

5A Central standings
1. Sylvan Hills
2. Jacksonville
3. North Pulaski
4. LRCA/LR McClellan

LRCA and McClellan play for the 4th spot tonight.

vegas

5A S
White Hall against Hope
4 innings
15-0 White Hall wins!!

BBRB

Beebe over Searcy 10-0
Beebe and NLR will try for the 3rd time Monday to get their game in..That's a sure sign of rain...It should be a good one though....At Burns Park

DQSB

White Hall wins 13-0 over DQ in 5 innings. I've seen the Kimmy Beasley led Foreman teams, the state champion Nashville teams, and Mena, Nashville, etc. this year and no one comes close to the talent of White Hall as a complete team. DQ had one error, struck some batters out, and had several 2 strike counts, they just hit the ball that well, and came up with some great defensive plays every time DQ got runners in scoring position. I think DQ stranded 9 runners.

Forrest City H

5A West was settled tonight at Greenbrier:

Game 1 Vilonia 5, GB 3
Game 2 Vilonia 11, GB 0

DQSB

5A South Standings:

White Hall 12-1 (Mag)
De Queen 10-3 (WC)
Magnolia 9-4 (WH)
Watson Chapel 9-4 (DQ)

Standings (remaining games). WH locked in at 1. DQ vs WC will decide 2nd seed. DQ locked in 3rd or better, holds tie breaker over MAG.

3 Dollar

Updated!

Please post all 5A scores for 5/12 - 5/17 here on this thread!

Thank You!!!

Justafan42

If both WC and Mag lose who gets the 3 seed.

baller72

Magnolia has the tie breaker over WC, so if they both lose, Magnolia will be 3 and WC 4. WC has to win and Magnolia has to lose for WC to be 3.

DQSB

De Queen 7 Watson Chapel 5

De Queen secures number 2 seed in the 5A south.

Lionheart88

White Hall rallied from an early deficit to win 11-10 over Magnolia.

DQSB

Final 5A South Standings:

1. White Hall 13-1
2. De Queen 11-3
3. Magnolia 9-5
4. Watson Chapel 9-5

Anyone know how the 5A West finished up? I know Vilonia is 1 seed and Greenbrier is the #2. Any word on who #'s 3 & 4 are? Also who is #4 out of the Central?

Justafan42

West, Alma/3, morrilton/4. LRCA/4 in Central.

BBRB

Does anybody have a bracket filled out or complete standings handy?

DQSB

So did the East end up?
1. Paraguold
2. Beebe
3. GCT
4. Batesville

Justafan42

I thought the East was
1. Beebe
2. Paragould
3. GCT
4. Batesville

DQSB

"Seeding could also change (1 or 2) between Paragould and Beebe, but again not likely. Paragould owns the tie breaker, so Paragould would have to drop their last 2 and Beebe win both. Head to head match ups between the top 4 have all been played."

This was the last thing posted on here.  I saw that Beebe won their last two games, but I never saw an update on Paraguolds final record.  They are still ranked higher than Beebe in the poll, so I assumed they won conference.  Are you saying they did lose their final two games?

Softballfan98

Paragould won their last 2 conference games. :)

Justafan42

Sorry. Just checked with an east coach and you are correct. Paragould is the one seed.

BBRB

May 13, 2014, 12:40:56 pm #143 Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 07:46:25 am by BBRB
[

BBRB

Quote from: DQSB on May 13, 2014, 11:23:01 am
So did the East end up?
1. Paraguold
2. Beebe
3. GCT
4. Batesville
I mean this...HA
Final answer!!

vegas

May 15, 2014, 09:57:35 am #145 Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 12:20:01 pm by vegas
Need to check coaches/schools on 5A South

1S White Hall Vs 4C Little Rock Christian was supposed to play at 10am on Friday. They Have swapped times with 2W Greenbrier Vs 3E Green Co. Tech that was supposed to play at 5:30 because it was either Greenbrier's or Green Co.'s Graduation.

chifan

It was Greenbrier who requested the time change for graduation...

vegas

Just wished they would update the schedule to show the change.
So many people read this website... we have tried to get the word out....
I am glad that  Greenbrier will make it to graduation!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas