• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maumelle boys for real?

Started by Jock, July 15, 2014, 11:16:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jock

Just watched Maumelle boys team sub in Episcopal league and route a solid 4A team and good 5A team.  3 maumelle players appearing to have full beards and showing male pattern baldness; it looked like a men's league team playing against boys. If these players are eligible and legit, look for them to run thru new 5A west untouched, and make a serious run at state. Anybody know anything about these players?

Nip/Tusk

I saw them at regionals last year in 4a. They are legit. Coach is crazy to watch on the sideline too. Lol.

I had heard that once they moved up to 5a that a lot of their best players were gonna transfer. That coulda been a rumor though.

Eagle20

AT

I'm interested in hearing more about them and what they have returning. Good 4A team who was upset in the 1st round last year. Should be a solid addition to the 5A West.

Jock

sorry false alarm on this new 5A team.  a mother of one of the boys who plays on the Maumelle team confirmed the coach dredged up some past graduated seniors to come play in the school league games.  since these school camps and league games aren't governed by the AAA, I guess you can do that, even tho it's bad form in my opinion.   Eagle20 they beat AR Baptist by 16 and LRCA by 8 (I think), could have been more.  and Josh u right, the coach was a bit of an oddball, haha.  So I guess this team will remain a 5A mystery until conference play starts up this winter, and we see which players show up. 

centralarfan

I do not know much about the coach. But MHS will compete for conference championship this season. They will be senior heavy. I would not consider them the best perimeter shooting team in the conference. But definitely not the worse. They are extremely athletic. There will be decent size in the frontcourt. I am not sure if any new members have been added or not. But the tallest player is listed at 6'4. They will be definitely fun to watch. Hopefully, they will be more disciplined with the departure of K.Donnerson.

basketballfan3

A friend of mine has a son on the team so I asked him about last night. He told me that all the kids playing last night are on the team. He said they will be a veteran team because 7 of the top 10 are seniors. He thinks the team will be solid but not great. Should be able to compete for the 3rd or 4th spot in conference. Told me the players love the coach and that he is a good guy who cares about the kids. But he also said he is young and doesn't always make the best decisions.

BigMan15

how would they fair againest clarksville

turftime

Vilonia will  have big front court 6 ft 8--6 ft 7---6 ft 6.

BigMan15

AT

Quote from: BigMan15 on July 26, 2014, 11:18:29 pm

Clarksville loses four starters and three of those were the main contributors for the past 3 to 4 seasons of Clarksville's success.

BigMan15

I heard that they have three or four young guys that are really good one that won newcomer of the year over my son

AT

Quote from: BigMan15 on July 28, 2014, 09:43:21 am
I heard that they have three or four young guys that are really good one that won newcomer of the year over my son

The newcomer is probably the one returning starter Casey Benton. He was a freshmen last year and could be very good.

If they have 3 other newcomers, I'm not surprised.

BigMan15

Yes Casey Benton supposed to be pretty good

mdctb123

Richard davenport said that deshawn Williams is back at Maumelle. Anyone know for sure

Cajun Hog

Quote from: mdctb123 on August 02, 2014, 06:30:06 pm
Richard davenport said that deshawn Williams is back at Maumelle. Anyone know for sure

Is that the kid that was prep school LY?

think

notsperry

DogsWin7

think

Yes he was at prep school. I've heard he is going to Maumelle and I've also heard he's going to another prep school.

Cajun Hog

notsperry

apparently no one does , a true mystery on Star player

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: BigMan15 on July 26, 2014, 11:18:29 pm

I can't speak for this year, but in the last 2 or 3 years Clarksville beat them pretty handily.  I think last year's game was pretty close though.  They will have similar athleticism as Clarksville has had, but their players aren't as polished as the Lee boys.  They should be pretty good this year again.  I'll try to find out about the kid everyone is asking about.

centralarfan

Quote from: Cajun Hog on August 04, 2014, 04:27:32 pm
So nobody really knows?
I just spoke to his father this evening. He will be attending MHS this season.

DogsWin7

Quote from: centralarfan on August 10, 2014, 10:13:29 pm
Quote from: Cajun Hog on August 04, 2014, 04:27:32 pm
So nobody really knows?
I just spoke to his father this evening. He will be attending MHS this season.

Thanks

ab24

sounds like Maumelle will be pretty tough this year.  expecting big things from them after moving up

Yak

I hear the same thing, that Maumelle will be tough.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas