• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

halo 3: odst

Started by patspain, September 23, 2009, 12:20:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

patspain

already have it preordered!  ;D anyone else pumped up bout it??????

Chief_Osceola™

I may pick it up early next week.  From what I understand, if you've already finished the campaign in Halo 3, you may as well get rid of it if you pick up ODST, since every map comes with the game on a separate disk.

bulldogs1159

Like every multiplayer map you could DL for Halo 3 off of live comes free with the game?

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on September 24, 2009, 08:08:00 pm
Like every multiplayer map you could DL for Halo 3 off of live comes free with the game?

I believe so.  I think it includes all regular maps, the Veteran pack and the Mythic pack, and any others I've forgotten.  Honestly I can't remember what all maps are out because I haven't played Halo 3's multiplayer in a year or so, other than helping some friends through the legendary campaign.

bulldogs1159

I'm thinking about getting it. I may want to play some old school Halo 3 later tonight if your interested.

Chief_Osceola™

If I'm able to get on, I'll fire it up.  If not tonight, I'll be available pretty much all night Friday.

bulldogs1159

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on September 24, 2009, 08:39:51 pm
If I'm able to get on, I'll fire it up.  If not tonight, I'll be available pretty much all night Friday.
Shoot me a text later if you can get on.

patspain

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on September 24, 2009, 08:41:40 pm
Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on September 24, 2009, 08:39:51 pm
Shoot me a text later if you can get on.
what system do ya'll have??

Chief_Osceola™

Doc Holiday

The campaign isn't that great, but the multiplayer is.

Chief_Osceola™

Just curious, but how is the multiplayer different than Halo 3?  It's the same maps, the same engine that runs Halo 3, and probably mostly the same weapons/vehicles.  I heard the campaign is pretty short, and that it could have just as easily been included as DLC for Halo 3.

Doc Holiday

I havnt really looked into the game well, but it has new maps, for instance, they have brought back Midship from Halo 2 and they have changed it up a bit. You have amap thats called Longshore which I enjoy the most. They also have the new feature called Firefight, in which you and 3 of your friends can play together against the covenant....kind of compared to Horde on GOW2, in which your on one map, lasting as long as you can.

Chief_Osceola™

That's right, I forgot about Firefight.  Longshore, Midship, and 1 other one are the new exclusive maps that come w/ ODST.  Funny thing is, they contain the requirement for three Halo 3 skull achievements, which cannot be obtained if a person only has Halo 3.

patspain

played a free trial today......all i can say is "wow"

bulldogs1159

Me and Chief played it for a while last night. Its different than the other halo games but still fun. I think with the right people the "Firefight" mode would be awesome.

patspain

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on September 27, 2009, 01:42:52 am
Me and Chief played it for a while last night. Its different than the other halo games but still fun. I think with the right people the "Firefight" mode would be awesome.
yea...it is way different from the other ones but your right it's still a good game..i havent played online yet..

bulldogs1159

Anyone want to play firefight tonight?

Chief_Osceola™

^ I can probably play tonight.  And what you said about 'the right people' is crucial.  Meaning not having some sir try to command and belittle everyone else on the team.  That guy the other night was a d-bag.  In other games he's usually pretty cool, but I don't know what got into him.  And Genocide is always fun to play with - he doesn't take the games too seriously.

RHS

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on September 28, 2009, 12:49:12 pmhe doesn't take the games too seriously.

I was playing on a friends account once and one of the guys he normally plays with got hacked at me because I was just jacking around in a game and we lost.

bulldogs1159

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on September 28, 2009, 12:49:12 pm
^ I can probably play tonight.  And what you said about 'the right people' is crucial.  Meaning not having some sir try to command and belittle everyone else on the team.  That guy the other night was a d-bag.  In other games he's usually pretty cool, but I don't know what got into him.  And Genocide is always fun to play with - he doesn't take the games too seriously.
I got with some guys off of Bungies forums last night and we ended up losing out one wave away from getting the 5th set. It took like 2 hours. But the three guys I played with couldnt have been cooler dudes.

hillbilly

My roomate beat it after 2 tries. Of course he is a General and was playing with 3 other Generals, that usually helps.

The Reality is back...

I've never understood the infatuation with Halo.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Agent of Chaos on September 30, 2009, 02:58:34 am

Me either...its great to play every once in a while. But I know guys that if they could, would play it 24 hours a day 7 days a week...

The Reality is back...

Quote from: HF on September 30, 2009, 02:15:04 pm

Me either...its great to play every once in a while. But I know guys that if they could, would play it 24 hours a day 7 days a week...

The game is not that good! I just don't understand. The actual game is crap! Multiplayer is fun, for a while.

bulldogs1159

How is the actual game crap? The single player has one of the best stories of a game series of all time and great game play to go with it.

Chief_Osceola™

It's a lot funner playing with friends.  I don't really care for playing either one by myself.  If I'm gonna play a single player FPS, I'd rather play Half-Life 2 or Bioshock.

patspain

its pretty much like call of duty...its fun to play with friends online and interact with people...pretty fun game if you know what youre doing

Doc Holiday

Quote from: patspain on October 01, 2009, 09:33:00 am<br />
Quote from: Agent of Chaos on September 30, 2009, 02:58:34 am<br />I've never understood the infatuation with Halo. <br />
its pretty much like call of duty...its fun to play with friends online and interact with people...pretty fun game if you know what youre doing<br />

I have a friend that read this and said that he thinks its fun but he doesnt know what he's doing. lol.

1mitation9

October 01, 2009, 10:36:32 am #28 Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 11:09:31 am by 1mitation9
I buy 1 or 2 games a year, I prefer sports games, but the last 2 games I have purchased were:

Left 4 Dead & Gears of War 2

Both at the behest of friends.

Enjoyed L4D a lot, have almost all the achievements.  But, am kind of pining for L4D 2...games get boring after a little while.  :lol:

Gears of War 2 is a fun game, once you get through the story and learn how to play horde a bit better it is even better.  My wife and I enjoy playing horde, but it is IRRITATING when people keep pausing the game and then they leave and the entire session is cancelled because they apparently were hosting.

A friend of mine purchased ODST, he played it for a couple of days and is now back to playing Gears again.  Seems to me it might be a good game, but it couldn't keep his attention for too long.  Although, he is disabled and game playing is his recreation now, so he will likely go back to playing ODST eventually.

He only has a nearly 20K gamer score, if that tells you how much he plays online. 

patspain

Quote from: 1mitation9 on October 01, 2009, 10:36:32 am
I buy 1 or 2 games a year, I prefer sports games, but the last 2 games I have purchased were:

Left 4 Dead & Gears of War 2

Both at the behest of friends.

Enjoyed L4D a lot, have almost all the achievements.  But, am kind of pining for L4D 2...games get boring after a little while.  :lol:

Gears of War 2 is a fun game, once you get through the story and learn how to play horde a bit better it is even better.  My wife and I enjoy playing horde, but it is IRRITATING when people keep pausing the game and then they leave and the entire session is cancelled because they apparently were hosting.

A friend of mine purchased ODST, he played it for a couple of days and is now back to playing Gears again.  Seems to me it might be a good game, but it couldn't keep his attention for too long.  Although, he is disabled and game playing is his recreation now, so he will likely go back to playing ODST eventually.

He only has a nearly 20K gamer score, if that tells you how much he plays online. 
whats l4d about?

1mitation9

Left 4 Dead is basically the same as Gears of War, except you kill hordes of Zombies instead of grubs.

You used to only have 4 maps to play, but they expanded that I think.  Not quite as many maps as in Gears or probably other games, but it was fun.

patspain

Quote from: 1mitation9 on October 01, 2009, 12:36:58 pm
Left 4 Dead is basically the same as Gears of War, except you kill hordes of Zombies instead of grubs.

You used to only have 4 maps to play, but they expanded that I think.  Not quite as many maps as in Gears or probably other games, but it was fun.
sounds like it..have you played resident evil 5 yet?

Chief_Osceola™

^ It's not very good, in my opinion.  Resident Evil 5 that is.  Left 4 Dead is a LOT of fun.

1mitation9

Quote from: patspain on October 01, 2009, 01:11:05 pm
Quote from: 1mitation9 on October 01, 2009, 12:36:58 pm

sounds like it..have you played resident evil 5 yet?

I have never played any version of Resident Evil.

patspain

omg ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? its been around since 98' lol

bulldogs1159

The first one for PS1 was the scariest game I have ever played. It may have been the second one. It was the one in the city, not just the house.

CHSBISON77

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on October 01, 2009, 06:52:56 pm
The first one for PS1 was the scariest game I have ever played. It may have been the second one. It was the one in the city, not just the house.

think thats 2...but i may be wrong been a while lol....but yes the first 2 haunted my dreams lol....i will never forget in the first one(im pretty sure) walking in a hallway and then having arms reach through the window and I screamed so much I about peed my self lol

The Reality is back...

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on September 30, 2009, 05:22:02 pm
How is the actual game crap? The single player has one of the best stories of a game series of all time and great game play to go with it.

Silly boy, no. The story is nothing to really be talked about. I can name several games with cooler storylines right now.

Grand Theft Auto
Assasins Creed
God of War
Katamari
Mario
Zelda
Resident Evil

bulldogs1159

Quote from: Agent of Chaos on October 02, 2009, 01:33:06 am
Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on September 30, 2009, 05:22:02 pm

Silly boy, no. The story is nothing to really be talked about. I can name several games with cooler storylines right now.

Grand Theft Auto
Assasins Creed
God of War
Katamari
Mario
Zelda
Resident Evil

You may disagree but that doesn't mean the story is crap. Mario is better? Really? Rescue a princess from a castle is better than an alien invasion of Earth while at the same time an ancient parasite is consuming all life? Really? Grand Theft Auto? Just you classic gangster story. You really give halo too little credit.

The Reality is back...

Yes, Mario and GTA are better. The characters are better, the story is better, the cutscenes are better, and the voice actors are better.

bulldogs1159

Quote from: Agent of Chaos on October 02, 2009, 01:51:05 am
Yes, Mario and GTA are better. The characters are better, the story is better, the cutscenes are better, and the voice actors are better.
No, and no. Just going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

JacketPride17

gahh i know!!! i was pretty young when i played it but dang me and my sis jumped more through the game than most any other movie!

so in ODST i heard you ant dual weild weapons?? fat or fiction?

and is it worth the buy if a person doesnt have xbox live?

Doc Holiday

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 01, 2009, 02:14:07 pm
^ It's not very good, in my opinion.  Resident Evil 5 that is.  Left 4 Dead is a LOT of fun.

I'm addicted to l4d. It never gets old to kill the walking dead.

The Reality is back...

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on October 02, 2009, 02:06:07 am
Quote from: Agent of Chaos on October 02, 2009, 01:51:05 am
No, and no. Just going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

Frickin Halo fans.

Chief_Osceola™

Sorry AoC, GTA4 was terribly overrated.  The other titles in the series were good for what they were - fun sandbox adventures with a decent plot, but GTA4 was just boring to me.  I thought the 2 Saints Row titles were better. 

I think my issue with the Halo plots is that the games leave out so much that it's tough to get a feel for everything that's going on, i.e., the depth just isn't there, and I think one would have to read the books to get the full story, from what I understand. 

The thing is, I don't play any of the previous titles for the plot - I play them because I get to shoot stuff and blow things up, or in the case of Mario jump on turtles while eating mushrooms.  If I want a good plot, I'll play a RPG.

The Reality is back...

I don't like GTA4 either, but Vice City and San Andreas were epic.

Chief_Osceola™

^ I thoroughly enjoyed the soundtrack for Vice City.  GTA4 could have been great, but Rockstar dropped the ball.  There were so many things I disliked I don't really want to try and lay it all out.  But yeah, the previous titles were awesome.  I think Rockstar tried to take GTA4 too seriously.

patspain

Quote from: CHSBISON77 on October 01, 2009, 08:03:59 pm

think thats 2...but i may be wrong been a while lol....but yes the first 2 haunted my dreams lol....i will never forget in the first one(im pretty sure) walking in a hallway and then having arms reach through the window and I screamed so much I about peed my self lol
so true...i remember making my mom come in there with me and watch it when it first came out...she got sick of it after awhile and i had to man up..lol

Doc Holiday

You know what guys....Out of the top five subjects i nthe Video Game forum...this is the only one that isnt about a sports game.

I just noticed this.

suspended

Did anyone else think the campaign is kind of depressing? I mean with the parts where you're by yourself and you have that melancholy music playing the whole dang time.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas