• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fallout 3:Wondering through the wasteland ...

Started by Doc Holiday, December 04, 2008, 09:28:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldogs1159

The Citidel wasn't the problem it was going underground from the sewers through Georgetown and those places I hadn't been to that I had to re navigate. I did finish Broken Steel last night, I looked everywhere in the crawler for an alien blaster that I read was in the armory but couldn't fined one. The Tesla Cannon is my new favorite weapon.

Chief_Osceola™

The Tesla cannon is pretty sweet.  So is the Gauss rifle. 

koopa

This is my current addiction. I've beaten the game the game twice, almost beat Broken Steele before having my game saved over(the reason you should create multiple accounts) and just bought The Pitt. A3-21's Plasma Rifle and The Terrible Shotgun are my main weapons. The Tesla Cannon is pretty nice too, but the slow reload time bothers me. I can kill most Enclave with 2 shots with my plasma rifle which makes it pretty easy to mow through enemies with the perk "Grim Reaper's Sprint." I just beat the game for the second time and it was a completely new experience from the first.

Chief_Osceola™

I never leave home without A3-21's rifle, the terrible shotgun, the Reservist's rifle, Lincoln's repeater, and the Xuanlong (sp?) assault rifle.  I'm pretty much covered in any situation.  Oh, and I also carry the high-powered SMG that the girl gives you for helping her get the historic artifacts.  Of course, I could go completely unarmed and let Fawkes kill everything we encounter.

superfan

koopa

Quote from: superfan on October 13, 2009, 08:04:22 pm
The Alien Blaster is all you need.
Not true considering the ammo is the rarest in the game. It is a great weapon, but best used sparingly.

bulldogs1159

Speaking of weapons, I have killed all the super mutants yet I cant find a reason to keep my MISRV or whatever it is and mini nukes on me. There is no enemy that warrants the amount of fire power.

Chief_Osceola™

It's pretty handy for the behemoth super mutants like you said, especially on very hard difficulty.  Other than that, I haven't really seen any need for it either.

Superfan - which alien gun do you prefer, the regular alien blaster or the firelance?  I haven't played the mothership zeta DLC yet, but I assume there's more ammo for the alien guns on the ship.

superfan

I haven't got any DLC for fallout.  There is more ammo scattered throughout the wasteland though.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Alien_blaster

You guys should check out that site.  It's like having the strategy guide without paying 20 bucks for it.

superfan

There is no practical use for the experimental MIRV.  I use it for such things as:

Committing suicide.  I like going out with a bang.

Using against lesser enemies-raider ticking you off? release frustration by blowing him up with 6 nukes at once.(then reload a previous save)

Going to a raider camp, getting as high as possible and spamming it toward there base, seeing how many you can kill each time(also reload a previous save).

It's fun to use, but since you can only shoot it once, and there really is no enemy worth it's time, it's more of a gimmick then a weapons.

Chief_Osceola™

I've decided that if/when I do another playthrough, after getting the exp. MIRV, the first thing I'm going to do is go find Sam Warrick and destroy him with it.  That guy's a jerk.  If you've ever had the random encounter with him, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Also, I <3 the fallout wiki.  It is way more in-depth and more accurate than the strat guide.

koopa

The fallout wiki has made Fallout 3 a way more pleasurable experience.

bulldogs1159

I don't go anywhere without the Wiki. And I haven't had but a few random encounters and I have no idea who that is Chief.

Chief_Osceola™

October 14, 2009, 08:20:35 pm #113 Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 08:23:16 pm by Chief_Osceola™
Here you go:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Sam_Warrick

My first playthrough he was killing a group of wastelanders, so I blew his head off with hunting rifle, and took his sunglasses.

The Reality is back...

Is this game worst a crap? My bro plays it, says it's an exploring game. Sounds gay, but I need something to hold me over until Assasins Creed II.

Chief_Osceola™

It's an FPS RPG, more or less.  And you can basically completely customize your character to fit your style of play.  There's also the good/evil development dynamic.  I really enjoyed it.

bulldogs1159

You can explore all you want or you can choose not to explore anything beyond the main quest line. Its really open ended.

The Reality is back...

Doc Holiday

Quote from: Agent of Chaos on October 25, 2009, 01:01:27 am
I might give it a try.

You need to man. It takes a little while to figure things  out, but when you do. It's a great game.

bulldogs1159

Quote from: Agent of Chaos on October 25, 2009, 01:01:27 am
I might give it a try.
I'm like 90 hours in and I normally don't like games like this.

jbell96

Okay so I started playing the other day & got out of the Tunnel rather easily once I learned how to use VATS. Where should I go first?

Chief_Osceola™

^ Megaton.  That will serve as a good starting place for missions, having a place to stay, etc.  Anywhere else and you'll probably die pretty quickly.

koopa

Quote from: jbell96 on November 17, 2009, 06:52:28 pm
Okay so I started playing the other day & got out of the Tunnel rather easily once I learned how to use VATS. Where should I go first?
Well, if you want to start the main quest, Megaton is the first city that you need to visit. Springvale was the very first city I ever came across, but there's not much of anything there.

Chief_Osceola™

Oh, and I can't remember if I've mentioned it yet, but have any of you been to Andale yet?  That's an interesting place.

bulldogs1159

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 17, 2009, 06:58:15 pm
Oh, and I can't remember if I've mentioned it yet, but have any of you been to Andale yet?  That's an interesting place.
Is Andale the one with the two creepy couples and the old man who you talk to when you first get into town?

jbell96

Which direction do I go to get to Megaton? (North South East West)

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on November 17, 2009, 10:34:25 pm
Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 17, 2009, 06:58:15 pm
Is Andale the one with the two creepy couples and the old man who you talk to when you first get into town?

Yep, that's the one.

Doc Holiday

I started a new campaign and I'm playing the bad guy. Right off the bat, I went from the vault to megaton and wiped everybody out except the guy that wants to detonate the bomb and took everything of value and sold it. Then detonated the bomb and wiped it out.  ;D

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Doc Holiday on November 18, 2009, 09:01:09 am
I started a new campaign and I'm playing the bad guy. Right off the bat, I went from the vault to megaton and wiped everybody out except the guy that wants to detonate the bomb and took everything of value and sold it. Then detonated the bomb and wiped it out.  ;D

What's interesting about blowing up Megaton is that Moira will survive, and you can still do the wasteland survival guide quests.  I think she is a ghoul though if you take that route.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: jbell96 on November 18, 2009, 12:33:49 am

Megaton is to the southeast of Vault 101.  Slightly more to the east.  You can either go due east from Vault 101 and then south after passing through Springvale, or you can go directly southeast and you can see it in the distance.

koopa

Quote from: jbell96 on November 18, 2009, 12:33:49 am

If you bring up your pipboy and activate the quest than the cursor in the lower left should point you in the right direction. I don't know if it's automatically activated once you leave the vault or not. It's been a while.

jbell96

It's not automatically activated. The only thing on there is some type of dock area at the very bottom of the map.

Thanks for the help guys. I wondered around for an hour last night and kept getting attacked by all kinds of weird crap. I also wondered in to the Springvale school & didn't know it was a side mission. I started over after I kept going around in circles inside & outside looking for Raiders to kill because it kept saying I was outnumbered & I couldn't find anyone. I also had the misfortune of finding those fire ants. A pistol doesn't do you much good against ants that shoot fire at you. ;D

bulldogs1159

Chief_Osceola™

You'll know you've reached Megaton because at the front entrance there is a bot that acts as the deputy of the town, and there's a homeless guy who asks for water every time you talk to him.  Like I said though, if you walk east through Springvale, then directly south as you leave, you should come right to Megaton.

jbell96

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on November 18, 2009, 04:46:34 pm
Ahhh you found Greyditch lol

I wanted to hunt that little kid down who got me into that mess and shoot him in the head.

koopa

Quote from: jbell96 on November 18, 2009, 04:58:07 pm
Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on November 18, 2009, 04:46:34 pm
Ahhh you found Greyditch lol

I wanted to hunt that little kid down who got me into that mess and shoot him in the head.
Haha..I hated that quest. Fire ants are so pesky.

bulldogs1159

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on January 11, 2009, 03:53:30 am
Funny thing happened tonight. I started the game up and fast traveled to the town with the fire ants once I read where that guys lab was to get rid of them. The second I appeared I noticed behind a waist high concrete wall there was two ants. Out of no where three "hitmen" came out from down the street to try and kill me. But before they could even get close to me the fire ants burnt them to a crisp. I thought it was pretty funny I didn't even have to fire a shot.
Jon I thought you would like this since you have just found Greyditch.

jbell96

Yeah I read that the other night when I was looking through this thread for helpful hints. Pretty funny stuff.

Chief_Osceola™

I had an interesting thing happen on my Greyditch quest.  As soon as I got to the door of the guy's lab, I see another guy walking by.  I chat with him a bit, and am supposed to find something for him (some nightwear I believe lol).  Anyway, I don't like the guy so I get behind him to pickpocket him.  So in the process of pickpocketing I decide to get the exploding pants achievement so I stick a grenade in his pocket.  Well, he blows up, but the door to the lab is open and the scientist guy gets blown up to because he's standing right next to the other guy.  Lucky for me it didn't stop me from completing the quest.  I didn't really feel like doing the whole thing over again for that little brat.

jbell96

Okay so I thought I would go into the elementary school at get some easy kills to get my level up to 4, I was successful, but I keep having trouble finding the Raiders in the building, & every time I leave the building it takes me 20 minutes to walk to Megaton. Any thoughts on what I should do?

Doc Holiday

Quote from: jbell96 on December 03, 2009, 10:07:34 am<br />Okay so I thought I would go into the elementary school at get some easy kills to get my level up to 4, I was successful, but I keep having trouble finding the Raiders in the building, & every time I leave the building it takes me 20 minutes to walk to Megaton. Any thoughts on what I should do?<br />

Fast-travel.

jbell96

It won't let me fast travel. Every time I try to fast travel it says I can't because I have enemies left to kill.

Chief_Osceola™

Just leave the immediate area.  A lot of times an enemy will be nearby but maybe on a different floor if you're in a building, or it will be something small like a radroach or one of those mutated flies.  It's hard to find every enemy in your area early on unless your perception stat is pretty high.

bulldogs1159

Chief_Osceola™

I've played about half of Point Lookout.  I let a friend of mine borrow the game, so I didn't get to finish it.  I haven't played any of Mothership Zeta.  I'll probably try to finish them at some point during the Christmas holiday.

bulldogs1159

Was Lookout fun? I've got it but haven't gone there yet.

Chief_Osceola™

It's pretty fun so far.  Point Lookout is basically the redneck area of D.C. in Fallout - it's like playing through a post-apocalyptic Deliverance.  Some pretty trippy moments too.

jbell96

Okay I am really getting tired of dealing with Raiders. I was doing a side quest in that supermarket to get supplies for Moira & sure enough I see "You cannot run while overencumbered." I killed about 8-10 of those mofos and I'm still not able to run or fast travel. I've looked everywhere in that building and everywhere around it and didn't find anyone. Very frustrating. Oh & what skills should I focus my points on when I level up? I've been primarily upgrading my science & mechanical skills.

Chief_Osceola™

When it says you're overencumbered, it means you're carrying more weight than your strength stat will allow.  You'll have to do one of the following:

1.) Drop any unneccessary items until your overall weight is lower.

2.) If you have multiple same weapons, repair the one in the best condition.  Continue repairing until you have fewer guns in your inventory.  You can also repair armor.

3.) Walk back to your home in Megaton, moving slightly slower than a snail, at which point you can dump any excess inventory in your locker or sell anything of value that you don't need.

jbell96

You my friend are the man. I've been trying to figure that out for the longest time. I'm already in megaton right now so I'll just go to my house & dump everything i don't need.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas