• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I've finally joined the darkside of system's...

Started by CHSBISON77, December 30, 2009, 11:49:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CHSBISON77

December 30, 2009, 11:49:00 am Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 11:51:22 am by CHSBISON77
Me and my bro finally broke down and bought a PS3, thanks to the price drop, i think we lost some minor features taking that route but nothing to major i think. so we bought COD:MW2 and i tell ya its pretty in 1080i

but also need some advice for other games here's kind of a list i was thinking of

uncharted 2 *probably gonna buy the 1st one as well*

batman arkham asylum

Killzone 2

fallout 3

call of the juarez : bound in blood

dragon age: orgins

cant decided if im gonna buy any sports game yet or wait till next year

but if anybody has any of those let me know what you think  of them...

Chief_Osceola™

Uncharted 2 is excellent, from what I've seen and heard.  I haven't played Batman or Killzone, so I don't have an opinion on those.  Fallout 3 would be a good pickup.  Call of Juarez is fun, especially if you enjoy western-themed games.  As a shooter, it's pretty average.  I have heard pretty good reviews for Dragon Age, but I've not yet played it.  The one game that everyone should own in this generation of consoles is Bioshock.  You can probably pick it up for under 30 dollars new by now.

The thing is, all but 2 of those games are also on the 360.  I guess it boils down to personal preference, but I don't think owning it on one system or the other would make much difference.  Except maybe Bioshock - I think they have an extra downloadable area on the PS3.

The Reality is back...

I literally just beat Arkham Asylum, it's amazing, pick it up.

I can tell you that you need to get Assassins Creed II. And avoid "Infamous" that game sucks.

Chief_Osceola™

I'm currently going through AC II right now.  I'm loving it.

Texarkana_Piggie

if it recommends an update, don't do it.  my nephew bought one, it recommended an update and it killed the system.  when he called the manufacturer about it, they said "yeah, that happens sometimes."  when he asked if they were going to fix or replace it since it was updated at their suggestion, they told him to send them the machine with $150 and they'd try to fix it and send it back to him.  i think he then told them to go pleasure themselves.

CHSBISON77

thanks everyone who responded...and my gamertag or whatever you PS3 folk call it is gun_sling3r77 if anyone wants to add me, ill prob be playing CODMW2 for a while

I completey forgot about Bioshock and ACII, I played bioshock on the 360 when it first came out and only beat about half of it so i may look into a good used copy.

AOC I kind of got my hopes high for batman cause ive not seen a review under 90 i think and thats pretty rare for a comic based game...so it looks like i wont be dissapointed

and can someone tell me what the point of Infamous is?...cause ive seen it basically split 50/50 either you like it or you hate it, no middle ground

The Reality is back...

You don't want me to describe infamous, because I hated it, lol.

Batman is creepy and awesome. A side note, Luke Skywalker is the voice of the Joker.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Agent of Chaos on December 31, 2009, 12:36:38 pm

Batman is creepy and awesome. A side note, Luke Skywalker is the voice of the Joker.

He also voices Selatcia on Metalocalypse.  I saw on IMDB a while back that he's done a LOT of voicework.  I think he also did the Joker on the animated series didn't he?

CHSBISON77

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on December 31, 2009, 12:40:28 pm
Quote from: Agent of Chaos on December 31, 2009, 12:36:38 pm

He also voices Selatcia on Metalocalypse.  I saw on IMDB a while back that he's done a LOT of voicework.  I think he also did the Joker on the animated series didn't he?

yep...Mark Hamill is the MAN in the voice acting world...you name a famous villan or cartoon charecter you got about a 70% chance of getting it right if you say Hamill

The Reality is back...

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: CHSBISON77 on December 31, 2009, 01:00:34 pm

yep...Mark Hamill is the MAN in the voice acting world...you name a famous villan or cartoon charecter you got about a 70% chance of getting it right if you say Hamill

Was he the voice of Candlejack in that cartoon Fre

CHSBISON77

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on January 01, 2010, 07:47:08 am

oh yea i forgot about ol' candlejack...wonder where he w

RD™

Quote from: CHSBISON77 on January 01, 2010, 01:48:22 pm
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on January 01, 2010, 07:47:08 am

oh yea i forgot about ol' candlejack...wonder where he w
HOLY CRAP how long has it been since someone mentioned candlejack on Fearless Fr

CHSBISON77

got away...Posting from the phone at secret location...candlejack is getting cra

RD™

I found a way to let everyone know that candlejack is ba

The Reality is back...

Who is this candlejack that everyone is talking ab

Uncle Ivan

Yes, there have been Candlejack sightings, but y

CHSBISON77

The mailbox?!? Candlejack was in the freakin mail...ah shi

The Reality is back...

Guys, I just escaped from candlejacks lair, he's got something really big in store. He just aquired....Ah, da

CHSBISON77

well figure id give an update if you will of what ive played so far...

CODMW2, Uncharted, Uncharted2, MLB 09

If you have a PS3 and havnet played any of the uncharteds go do so right now....but if you have to pick one get 2, simply put one of the best games ive ever played as far as the story goes, and the gameplay is pretty high up there as well, i think Drake could be the mascot of the PS3, I know its got a lot of hype and it deff lived up to the expectations...

bulldogs1159

If I was to get Uncharted 2 would I need to play the first one to know whats going on?

koopa

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on January 09, 2010, 05:05:07 pm
If I was to get Uncharted 2 would I need to play the first one to know whats going on?
Both games have stand alone stories so if you're worried about being confused than don't be. Uncharted 2 is so amazing.

CHSBISON77

Quote from: koopa on January 11, 2010, 11:47:32 am
Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on January 09, 2010, 05:05:07 pm
Both games have stand alone stories so if you're worried about being confused than don't be. Uncharted 2 is so amazing.
This ^

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas