• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SNES/NES

Started by sam, December 17, 2009, 03:32:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sam

I'm getting a SNES/NES player and I have two questions.

Would you go with the FC Twin or the Retro Duo or something different?  I'm leaning toward the Retro Duo just because it's a little more expensive and I want it to work.

Secondly, remind me of some of the great Nintendo/Super Nintendo games.

I just ordered:
Mario 1, Tecmo Bowl, Bill Walsh College Football, Ken Griffey Baseball, Super Play Action Football, Madden 98, Baseball Simulator 1000, and NCAA Football USA 97

I already have a wish list, but feel free to jog my memory on some of the all-time greats!

Chief_Osceola™

No decent NES collection is complete without RBI Baseball, the original Zelda, Punch Out, Metroid, Castlevania, one or both of Dragon Warrior/Final Fantasy, Contra, Baseball Stars, and one of the Mega Mans.  Personally I would also add Bionic Commando, Blades of Steel, Ninja Gaiden, and Metal Gear.

For Super Nintendo, I'd go Final Fantasy II and III, Chrono Trigger, Zelda Link to the Past, Super Mario Kart, Super Metroid, Super Punch Out, Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country, and Street Fighter II.

Those are off the top of my head; there are probably a few I'm forgetting.

RD™

HorseFeathers

I#have a fc twin and never had a problem with it..

rsvl_hogfan4

My roommate and I beat Super Mario World the other day in a few hours, but it was fun. All of the Donkey Kongs, Mortal Combat 3, and Killer Instinct are fun for the SNES.

Chief_Osceola™

It's possible to beat Super Mario World in under half an hour, from start to finish.  Once Star Road becomes available, you can go through those and warp to Bowser's Castle.  It's considerable tougher because you don't have any of the magic colored blocks, but very doable.  I've done it once, but every other playthrough I've done I got all 96 'stars'.

sam

Is Mario all stars for snes a suitable replacement for mario 1,2,3 for nes?

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on December 23, 2009, 08:42:45 am
It's possible to beat Super Mario World in under half an hour, from start to finish.  Once Star Road becomes available, you can go through those and warp to Bowser's Castle.  It's considerable tougher because you don't have any of the magic colored blocks, but very doable.  I've done it once, but every other playthrough I've done I got all 96 'stars'.
I wouldn't doubt it. My SNES is messed up to where if you bump it while it is on then it erases all of the saved files on that game. We got all the way to the 6th castle and I hit it with my foot when walking by on accident. We started over and got to the 4th castle and our dogs came through the living room wrestling and hit it. We started over and beat it. It took most of the afternoon to beat mostly because we kept having to start over.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: sam on December 24, 2009, 10:16:33 pm

Yep, I think it has the full versions of all 3.

superfan

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on December 26, 2009, 11:53:54 am
Quote from: sam on December 24, 2009, 10:16:33 pm

Yep, I think it has the full versions of all 3.

Yeah It has all 3 plus another game in it.

wildcat_x-mgr

All-Stars does have all three, plus the Lost Levels (really the Japanese Super Mario Bros. 2), but I personally prefer the older graphics of the NES versions of those games. The best reason I can think of to get All-Stars would be to have the Lost Levels, as this is one of the few ways to get it in America.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas