• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cross County @ Hampton

Started by Southark, November 03, 2018, 12:21:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Southark

What do you guys think? Also what kind of offense does CC run?

Old Scrapper

Bearden_Bear72

Bearden beat CC......Hampton by 3-4 tds

dawgpound

Didn't i read that cc was plagued with injuries the last several weeks

Old Scrapper

Cross County has been plagued with injuries to key players since the first of the year.

Yogi bear

Cross County has a good q.b. and a heck of a running back I don't know if they are one of the ones injured or not. Hampton rolls either way.

brown2010

Legend5117

Cc Running back and quarterback is out

Hatchet

Hampton by as many as they want. Lack of Coaching at CC.

Greyhound#1

Nothing wrong with coaching over there.  Y'all got the injury bug.  Heck Hazen is the unanimous #1 and y'all played them to 6 before all the injuries.  How's y'all QB?

Legend5117

Broken wrist and He broke something else but I'm not for sure

Hatchet

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 03, 2018, 08:40:21 pm
Nothing wrong with coaching over there.  Y'all got the injury bug.  Heck Hazen is the unanimous #1 and y'all played them to 6 before all the injuries.  How's y'all QB?
hasn't had a winning season since he got there. Those kids when in jr high lost just 2 games. I would say the Wells has dropped the program down a notch or two from where williams/greenwell had it.

Redzone

Hampton should win by at least 4 scores.

birddawg1986

Cross Co was the second bust this year. Preseason pick 2 but injuries have plagued them also. I thought this group of Srs would make a deep run this season but they have really finished bad. Hampton rolls by 21+

Legend5117

Injuries killed us This year had nothing to do with the coaching

cuz

Hampton walks away with this one.....

Hatchet

Quote from: Legend5117 on November 04, 2018, 09:37:41 am
Injuries killed us This year had nothing to do with the coaching
Coaching has killed you the last 2 years

birddawg1986

There's no doubt the rest of the league is glad William's or Greenwell are there. They could get it done. Jr High bunch wasn't bad figured they finished 3rd behind McCrory,EPC

Legend5117

Has nothing to do with coaching Last year's team when they were in junior high they didn't do very good This year's team would've done a whole lot better if it wasn't for all the injuries Probably would've went undefeated in conference Depending on Salem last year Junior high only lost one game against EPC On one of probably the best junior high games I have seen

Legend5117

It takes time for coaches to get their program going Definitely when you have kids that are disrespectful and did not want to listen to him during The scrimmage game you had a kid throw their helmet down cursing out the coach walking off the field you have kids starting fistfight and Earl And another kid at Earl walk off the field and quit because he didn't get what he wants that show you have no respect including the four players that got hurt We lost over 9 players So have nothing to do with coaching Injuries and lack of respect is what hurt us

Hatchet

Quote from: Legend5117 on November 04, 2018, 05:04:55 pm
It takes time for coaches to get their program going Definitely when you have kids that are disrespectful and did not want to listen to him during The scrimmage game you had a kid throw their helmet down cursing out the coach walking off the field you have kids starting fistfight and Earl And another kid at Earl walk off the field and quit because he didn't get what he wants that show you have no respect including the four players that got hurt We lost over 9 players So have nothing to do with coaching Injuries and lack of respect is what hurt us
Coaches earn the respect of the players.  Its not given for a reason. The new Coaching staff has created the atmosphere there, where the Coaches before created a winning culture.  I remember when CC was the laughing stock of football went 3 or 4 years without winning a game. They hired Williams and he got it turned around. Then you have a couple of board members that got their panties in a wad when williams wouldn't do what they wanted. They got rid of him and Greenwell carried over what Williams was doing and they didn't like that either(by the way he went 10-3 with 12 new starters) These last 2 years was suppose to be CC chance at a state championship but the the coach they have is getting beat by rector and midland.   So hogan don't tell me its not about the COACHING.By the way Hampton by 35

Old Scrapper

Quote from: Hatchet on November 04, 2018, 07:00:56 pm
Coaches earn the respect of the players.  Its not given for a reason. The new Coaching staff has created the atmosphere there, where the Coaches before created a winning culture.  I remember when CC was the laughing stock of football went 3 or 4 years without winning a game. They hired Williams and he got it turned around. Then you have a couple of board members that got their panties in a wad when williams wouldn't do what they wanted. They got rid of him and Greenwell carried over what Williams was doing and they didn't like that either(by the way he went 10-3 with 12 new starters) These last 2 years was suppose to be CC chance at a state championship but the the coach they have is getting beat by rector and midland.   So hogan don't tell me its not about the COACHING.By the way Hampton by 35
I have to disagree that the coaches have to earn respect of a kid. Around here where I live kids respect the coaches and adults. Maybe the CC kids need to learn how to show respect and maybe by chance the problem is solved.

who-knew

If that's the case, board members should do what there suppose to do and look out for the better of the school and let the coach do his job and that's coach. But the coach should not have to earn the respect of the kids, that should have already been taken care of at the house starting with the parents.

Legend5117

Coaches don't have too earn anything Their kids your post to respect your elders know matter what they won't even give him a chance You have kids who played football their whole life that just quit because they don't like how much he runs at the end of practice or he runs too many offense of plays

Legend5117

Quote from: who-knew on November 04, 2018, 07:41:31 pm
If that's the case, board members should do what there suppose to do and look out for the better of the school and let the coach do his job and that's coach. But the coach should not have to earn the respect of the kids, that should have already been taken care of at the house starting with the parents.
exactly You show respect to your coaches no matter what

Missco

They screwed up not hiring Greenwell. That was a no brainer

mrkingark

Enough about coaches at CC, board and admin got what they wanted, they get what they deserve. As far as injuries, they do bite a lot in some years, but conditioning and intense practices can prevent some.....but lose to Midland? (sorry Midland people)....and Coaches building a program in that conference and 2A, So overrated.....Williams came in when they had longest losing streak in state, 0-9, 5-5, Conf champs, in his first 3 years, Greenwell came in Conference champs in his 1st year,I think they were Conference champs 3 years in row, before the boards savior arrived, he is a yes man to the board and admin, shows how well they know how to coach. Respect is earned in anything, by the ways kids are treated and the way they are punished when they do not act right. But enough about that, Hampton by 60

HG Hornet

Quote from: Old Scrapper on November 04, 2018, 07:29:29 pm
I have to disagree that the coaches have to earn respect of a kid. Around here where I live kids respect the coaches and adults. Maybe the CC kids need to learn how to show respect and maybe by chance the problem is solved.
+1, agreed.  Disrespectful behavior towards adults isn't tolerated here either.  Player gets in trouble at school = no game Friday night.  That's how Tony Chambers was and its how Ernie Horstkamp is now.

Hampton has gotten their act (and their team) together and I'm proud for them.  The Boom Boom Boys will win in a big way!         

COACH-Mike

Quote from: Legend5117 on November 04, 2018, 07:49:49 pm
exactly You show respect to your coaches no matter what

Just hire Hatchet he has the answers!!!!!

Hatchet

sheepdawg92

hampton bulldogs by 30 plus before halftime Go Dawgs!!!

Always a dragon

Just watched the CC and McCrory game ..... Hampton by alot....even go as far as saying mercy ruled by the end of the first quarter.

dawgpound

Always a dragon

Don't think they have the speed to keep up with Hampton especially if they break it to the outside.

Southark

Hampton by 28. Please bulldogs don't get the big head after beating HA

cuz

Quote from: Southark on November 08, 2018, 05:56:02 pm
Hampton by 28. Please bulldogs don't get the big head after beating HA
Good point, Hampton has everything but depth. They can be their worst enemy. If they stay focused they will make a good run....

dawgpound

I think by weeks are harder on us than anything that's when they kinda lose focus.  they should be fired up and ready they dang sure don't want what happened last year to repeat itself

sickwillie

old.dole

dawgpound

Tbirds y'all be careful coming down.  there is road construction just north of Hampton on 167 that is dangerous.  in the dark the road is hard to see.  there are several restaurants in town that are good to eat at and our concessions at the game are good also

old.dole

The bulldog and granny's grill both make a real good double meat burger

sickwillie

Quote from: old.dole on November 09, 2018, 10:41:09 am
The bulldog and granny's grill both make a real good double meat burger

Better come early! Those restaurants get real busy on opening morning of deer season eve.

old.dole

I bet there will be a shindig after the game out at wildcat too

baseball13

Quote from: old.dole on November 09, 2018, 02:03:31 pm
I bet there will be a shindig after the game out at wildcat too

Whats wildcat?

dawgpound

World famous deer camp it doesn't get as wild as it used to

cuz

baseball13

Its less than 2.5 hours til kickoff of the 2018 2A football playoffs.

On a side note How does Cross County travel? Do I need to arrive early to get a parking spot?

🏈BullDawgNation🏈

Man this is gona get ugly!!! Go dawgs

dawgpound

This has to be the longest qtr in history

BO_KNOWS

CC is the worst team I've seen in awhile .Maybe it's the long trip down but zero effort from the tbirds.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas