• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 1 Gravette vs Pottsville

Started by LION Dad, August 29, 2015, 11:32:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LION Dad

Pottsville has never lost to the Lions what are gonna be the keys to the game, here are my thoughts

There's no question what either of the teams are gonna do "run the stinking ball" Pottsville is the ole ground and pound and they are very good at it, their O-line has some size and are quick, Gravette's O-line will be really big not as much speed so which defense will step up?  both defenses will be smaller and quicker than the others offensive line.  I think the team that is more successful in the passing game will be on the winning side, just for the fact that I'm sure both defenses will be loading up the box in anticapating the run, by being a little successful with the pass the defense will have to stretch out a little and the run game will then be more sucessful. 

The Dugger boy can flat run the Gravette defense can't let him get out side if he hits the corner it will be hard to catch him.  The fullback McNeely is a bruiser he looks like a locomotive if he gets rolling one guy will not take him down.  The Dugger boy at qb can throw the ball affectively when he has to but will he get many attempts?

Gravette will come out in multiple formations and have two backs that are pretty good Burnett at tailback and Soule at H-back, both are around 190-205 with 4.7 speed, the qb Moorman was above avg passer on the season but didn't have a lot of attempts, and ran the ball pretty good in the scrimmage, Martinez and Rolsma both have 4.6 speed and pretty good hands.

What are some of your thoughts?

Gray lizard

The boy that returned kicks for Pottsville last season should be a factor at running back this year.  He's got some wheels on him. Alec Metz if I remember correct.

beach bum

apache_alum_90

I heard Alec Metz was playing at rb and return man.

Gray lizard

Quote from: apache_alum_90 on September 02, 2015, 03:00:25 pm
I hope so he is really fast.

APACHE

Quote from: apache_alum_90 on September 02, 2015, 03:00:25 pm

Yes he is.

We have two starting linemen on Offense that are on the mend that missed the scrimmage game at Lavaca. Hopefully they can get some playing time this Friday.

I really see this team (as long as we don't have injury's), being really good at the end of the year. So I'm hoping that these 3 non-conference game get us right for Dard.

Gravette is going to be like getting thrown right into the fire.

No cupcake like Danville. cough cough   :o

Gray lizard

Will have a good idea of what kind of team Pottsville will have going into the Dardanelle game.  I am ready to watch them play Friday.
Off subject (nothing new for this site) Wonder who Dardanelle will replace their two non-conference games with?

lizard1989

Charleston and Paris is what I have heard.

LION Dad

One day left I hope all the Gravette faithfull will make the trip and root on the lions in the season opener could be a special yr for the boys

Tomahawk

If you're interested in this game, tune in to Steven Glen and the Tomahawk on 100.9 KWKK or on the Livestream at:

https://livestream.com/pottsvilleschools/fbgravette

FBfan79

Quote from: Tomahawk on September 04, 2015, 05:25:37 pm
If you're interested in this game, tune in to Steven Glen and the Tomahawk on 100.9 KWKK or on the Livestream at:

https://livestream.com/pottsvilleschools/fbgravette

Thanks!

LION Dad

Hats off Pottsville is a fundamentally sound team it was a good game for either team Gravette played a good game just let some big plays hurt

Gray lizard

Kicking game could big problem for Pottsville.  First game hope things improve. Saw some potential and some things that need work.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas