• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Last Judges Cup...EveR: Dard vs Danville

Started by big slop, August 28, 2015, 02:26:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

big slop

Ok, the game is Tuesday and no one has mentioned it at all. I know Anonymous wants Dardanelle to lose because he's an idiot nonsupporter of his community, but what does everyone else have to say. Danville is supposed to have the best offensive line in 3A and a tough back that no one can tackle.......all I know about them. Lets hear it......

WPWells

If Dardanelle doesn't win by 21+ then I'll have doubts about the Lizards

Gray lizard

Do not have much to add, but plan on attending. My thought would be Dardanelle wins thus the reason for the last game between the two schools.

OLDSCHOOL82

I heard a rumor.  Did Danville try and back out of this years game?

Lumberjackfan1978

BigLion10

Longfellow

This game won't be close. Lizards by as much as Price feels like. And who is this unstoppable running back?

beach bum

thatoneguy

Quote from: big slop on August 28, 2015, 02:26:55 pm
Ok, the game is Tuesday and no one has mentioned it at all. I know Anonymous wants Dardanelle to lose because he's an idiot nonsupporter of his community, but what does everyone else have to say. Danville is supposed to have the best offensive line in 3A and a tough back that no one can tackle.......all I know about them. Lets hear it......
Who is this  big back you're talking about? I thought Cathey was a senior last year?

nastynice

Dardy          77
Danville        6

beach bum

Quote from: nastynice on August 30, 2015, 10:03:28 pm
Dardy          77
Danville        6

If there wasn't sportsmanship honestly that would probably be the score.

APACHE

mastiff

August 31, 2015, 01:56:00 pm #12 Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 02:01:09 pm by mastiff
Quote from: thatoneguy on August 30, 2015, 05:45:18 pm
Who is this  big back you're talking about? I thought Cathey was a senior last year?

I think he did graduate. I heard the same thing about the big back from Danville. When they came to Hector for the scrimmage all I kept hearing from their coaches is that they have a back, #32 I believe, that no one will be able to tackle. HMMMMMMMM, hope they aren't putting all of their eggs in that basket...

GO WILDCATS!!!!

Longfellow

Yes. Grant Cathey graduated last year. I don't know who they are talking about being this unstoppable running back.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on August 31, 2015, 03:33:17 pm
Yes. Grant Cathey graduated last year. I don't know who they are talking about being this unstoppable running back.

I didn't see one during the scrimmage....

RTF

seeya

The reason you don't hear anything about the game is because teams are so mismatched and that's why this is the last Judges cup . Don't know where y'all got info on the unstoppable back or the biggest line I'm sure that wasn't a quote from the coaches .The back is last years fullback and could make a good back but by no means not unstoppable . As for the line its not the biggest just ask someone from Lamar . They know how much everyone weighs .

APACHE

phdefense

Quote from: seeya on September 01, 2015, 08:09:51 am
The reason you don't hear anything about the game is because teams are so mismatched and that's why this is the last Judges cup . Don't know where y'all got info on the unstoppable back or the biggest line I'm sure that wasn't a quote from the coaches .The back is last years fullback and could make a good back but by no means not unstoppable . As for the line its not the biggest just ask someone from Lamar . They know how much everyone weighs .
Much like the Batesville vs Newport series that might have once been competitive this riviavlry is just not a good game for either team involved.

young_gun

The difference in size is just getting to be too significant. Danville will be back to a 2A school next year and Dardanelle just keeps growing making this a game that helps neither school. The other thing is Danville has week 1 and week 10 byes next year being in a 9 team conference in 2A. They wanted to play Two Rivers to keep a rivalry with a school close to their size and week 10 picked up Augusta. Good luck to all tonight and I pray that both teams come out of the game healthy with no injuries or setbacks.

Gray lizard

It is a shame to see this end.  I understand why, but still hate to see it.  I played in the early 80's when it could really go either way.  My senior year Dardanelle was really down after several coaching changes and only 21 on the team.  Danville won with a last minute field goal for a 3-0 final.  My Dad played for Danville in the 40's and most of my family was from Danville.  It was a very important game for me.  Best whishes for both teams.  Thanks to Danville for showing up and playing hard these last 10 years.

OLDSCHOOL82

This reminds me of the old rivalry between greenwood and Booneville that ended in the mid 90's.  The size difference became a huge factor.  It lasted years more than it should have due to the rivalry with Booneville always doing well until the very end. It was time to end it when it did. 

~WPS~

Longfellow

I'm glad to hear that they picked up TR next year

Bigredhog1971

hawgfan15

Kershner just got an interception around the 1. Danville was moving the ball a little bit on that drive.

Longfellow

The playcalling for Danville has been terrible to this point

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on September 01, 2015, 07:50:08 pm

Nothing but hoping madding can make something happen it's working for the little johns....that said dardanelle has picked him three times

Longfellow

Quote from: HF on September 01, 2015, 08:10:17 pm

Nothing but hoping madding can make something happen it's working for the little johns....that said dardanelle has picked him three times
When they ran that bootleg pass out of the shotgun on 4th and 4, I just sat and shook my head. At this point this team isn't much more than jake madding

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on September 01, 2015, 08:15:35 pm

When they ran that bootleg pass out of the shotgun on 4th and 4, I just sat and shook my head. At this point this team isn't much more than jake madding
Agreed...dardy looks to be using this as practice for their other options on offense

Longfellow

So after the game Dardanelle is gonna practice? That's a tough coach

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on September 01, 2015, 10:01:09 pm
So after the game Dardanelle is gonna practice? That's a tough coach

Heard his half time speech involved who wants mcdonalds, burger king or taco bell?

Seriously though, dardy is good. But compared to last year, they've dropped off...

Longfellow

It's the same thing everyone has said, it's gonna come down to what kind of production they get from the QB's. They looked really uncomfortable throwing the ball. Lots of under thrown footballs

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on September 01, 2015, 10:12:04 pm
It's the same thing everyone has said, it's gonna come down to what kind of production they get from the QB's. They looked really uncomfortable throwing the ball. Lots of under thrown footballs

#3 looked to be the better of the two throwing it

The Coach

September 02, 2015, 12:29:48 am #34 Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 12:32:13 am by The Coach
Quote from: Longfellow on September 01, 2015, 08:15:35 pm

That's because madding is all they have!!! Just like Cathey was all they had last year!!

It would'nt have mattered what they called in this game.  Better team won and nobody got hurt so on to the next game.

seeya

Danville quarterback may have broke his hand at first of game .

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: seeya on September 02, 2015, 07:47:38 am
Danville quarterback may have broke his hand at first of game .

I hope everything is okay, and pray he has a speedy recovery.

Gray lizard

What did you learn from this game about Dardanelle?  I was not able to go as I coach a peewee team.  I caught the last half on the radio. The clock was already rolling.  Hint to the play by play tell the score of the game every 4 plays( Went almost 20 minutes with out telling the score).  From what I heard sounds like the team likes the color yellow.  Is who will play QB not decided at this point?  Looks like they may have a strong field goal kicker as they appear to be lining up in the FG for punt formation.  How did the 50 yard attempt look?  They said it bounced of the uprights.  Any way like to here some thoughts from the guys that made the game.

Longfellow

What I learned about Dardanelle last night:
1. Without tremendous speed, you will not run outside on this defense. They string plays out left and right all game
2. Obvious passing situations will be a weakness for this team.
3. Power running game is solid

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on September 02, 2015, 09:43:02 am
What I learned about Dardanelle last night:
1. Without tremendous speed, you will not run outside on this defense. They string plays out left and right all game
2. Obvious passing situations will be a weakness for this team.
3. Power running game is solid

Pass defense is pretty solid...not that danville has a spectacular pass game

lizard1989

I was at the game and I was impressed by the team. True they had some early mistakes, but I liked what I saw and look forward to another great year.  Once a lizard, always a lizard!!

Gray lizard

Quote from: lizard1989 on September 02, 2015, 09:47:49 pm
Once a lizard, always a lizard!!

That is not always true.  When you have a child on the opposing team that will not apply.  Trust me.

Longfellow

Kristian Thompson gets his first ATU touchdown tonite. With about 5 minutes left against Southern Nazarene, he has 15 carries, 82 yards, and 1 touchdown. Wonderboys lead 62-7

Gray lizard

Quote from: Longfellow on September 03, 2015, 09:37:47 pm
Kristian Thompson gets his first ATU touchdown tonite. With about 5 minutes left against Southern Nazarene, he has 15 carries, 82 yards, and 1 touchdown. Wonderboys lead 62-7
Hey that is great news.  I thought the game was on Saturday.  Did he play early or just late in the game?

Longfellow

Well the wonderboys played several running backs thoughout the game, I only picked it up in the second half. They had a total of like 469 rushing yards last night. He finished with 17 carries for 94 yards and 1 touchdown

D-TOWN LIZARD

Correct Longfellow -  he was in and out the whole game.  They had 3 speedy RB's , and Thompson for the power plays.  Also have a wildcat QB formation for Him. Also plays on all special teams.  Even made a couple of solo tackles on special teams.  Did outstanding for his first college game! 

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: D-TOWN LIZARD on September 04, 2015, 09:00:26 am
Correct Longfellow -  he was in and out the whole game.  They had 3 speedy RB's , and Thompson for the power plays.  Also have a wildcat QB formation for Him. Also plays on all special teams.  Even made a couple of solo tackles on special teams.  Did outstanding for his first college game!

Awesome!!  Booneville boy Matt Berry got his first college start for Ouachita last night!  Nice to see local boys playing at the next level regardless the size of the school.

D-TOWN LIZARD

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: D-TOWN LIZARD on September 04, 2015, 10:05:27 am
That's great.  How did he do?

I'm not sure if he got to touch the ball.  He's deep on Ko return and on all the special teams.  I believe he is in a rotation on offense but haven't spoken to anyone that knows for sure yet.   

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas