• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thoughts on Star City

Started by Wannabe10, August 25, 2015, 11:33:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wannabe10

SUGARTOWN

Not a place I'd want to live.

cuckoobird

whippersnapper

August 25, 2015, 11:46:40 am #3 Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 12:09:25 pm by whippersnapper
If they are Star City then why a bulldog mascot? Maybe be the Rockets, Astros, or even Knights (as in Jedi Knights) 

Lions84

Star City is a nice quiet town with a good vegetable market.  Since Losing that boy in a freak accident in a game I expect them to be better this year

Zack Towers was a great kid and I hope his family enjoys some Bulldog Wins this Fall.

SUGARTOWN

In all seriousness, I think SC can make it to the finals with a good draw. Win the conference and perhaps get a bye and you're on your way. That being said, even though most rankings have them in the top 5 in 4A, I think it will take a win over Warren before people statewide honestly see them as a contender for the title.

Jimbo Morphis

a cult town kind of like fouke. there are some very nice people there and I know all 9 of them.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Oldman on August 25, 2015, 01:43:54 pm
a cult town kind of like fouke. there are some very nice people there and I know all 9 of them.
I know 2 nice people there. One is from my home town and the other is his wife.

Romeo

LJ06

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 25, 2015, 01:41:22 pm
In all seriousness, I think SC can make it to the finals with a good draw. Win the conference and perhaps get a bye and you're on your way. That being said, even though most rankings have them in the top 5 in 4A, I think it will take a win over Warren before people statewide honestly see them as a contender for the title.

This

RUSH

Quote from: LJ06 on August 25, 2015, 02:03:29 pm
Always solid during regular season but always chokes in the playoffs!  Same old song and dance!

This

AirWarren

August 25, 2015, 02:31:47 pm #11 Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 02:34:37 pm by AirWarren
Quote from: LJ06 on August 25, 2015, 02:03:29 pm

This

The way the celebrated when they beat us several years ago, you would have thought they had won the super bowl. Fans stormed the field at warren.

With that said, a championship season in star city football is...
1. Beating Warren.
2. Making it to the 3rd round.

bulldoghistorian

Here's my thought! This could be a really special season down here! However, I'm gonna look at it like this. One game at a time!!

bulldoghistorian

And if we didn't make it passed thanksgiving weekend, I believe that would be a disappointment.

AirWarren

Who is taking over at running back?

Jimbo Morphis

August 25, 2015, 02:50:04 pm #15 Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 02:52:48 pm by Oldman
Quote from: AirWarren on August 25, 2015, 02:48:56 pm
I've asked that in the PASSED. no answer.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on August 25, 2015, 02:39:03 pm
And if we didn't make it passed thanksgiving weekend, I believe that would be a disappointment.
so many disappointments.

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on August 25, 2015, 02:50:04 pm
I've asked that in the PASSED. no answer.

If it wasn't for that running back, star city doesn't score a single point on Warren last year. Only player that was an impact.

LJ06

Supposedly they have some stud transfers, one of which is a back I believe.  We will see, they scrimmage Chapel tonight.

AirWarren

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on August 25, 2015, 03:05:22 pm
Well well well.

Their biggest problem is going to be their depth.  Will be their achilles heel this year.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: LJ06 on August 25, 2015, 03:01:39 pm

Supposedly they have some stud transfers, one of which is a back I believe.  We will see, they scrimmage Chapel tonight.

Well, according to RUSH, DeWitt ran all over WC so the Bulldogs have no problem...............

GuvHog

I know the Junior High scrimmage is tonight at WC but I though the Senior high scrimmage was scheduled for Thursday evening at Star City??

LJ06

Quote from: GuvHog on August 25, 2015, 03:11:22 pm

I know the Junior High scrimmage is tonight at WC but I though the Senior high scrimmage was scheduled for Thursday evening at Star City??

Senior high is tonight in SC

LJ06

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 25, 2015, 03:08:59 pm

Well, according to RUSH, DeWitt ran all over WC so the Bulldogs have no problem...............

ah yes DeWitt and the triple option

bulldoghistorian

You are correct LJ. We don't score a single point against yall last year if he's not on the field. And we'll be fine at running back!

Bulldog92

Depth will be an issue but no different than Warrens depth last year, so it can be done.  This years team is going to have to play a lot of downs on both sides of the ball.
The running back is only as good as those guys opening up holes for him.  Don't know about the "STUD" part but he has experience as a RB and that will be nice to have!!
This is that group of Sr's that every school waits for smart, athletic, and dedicated but you still need a little luck.  Should be a fun year of football.

Bulldog92

Quote from: LJ06 on August 25, 2015, 03:15:19 pm
Quote from: GuvHog on August 25, 2015, 03:11:22 pm

Are you going to make the trip over tonight?
Senior high is tonight in SC

AirWarren

Quote from: Bulldog92 on August 25, 2015, 03:45:31 pm
Depth will be an issue but no different than Warrens depth last year, so it can be done.  This years team is going to have to play a lot of downs on both sides of the ball.
The running back is only as good as those guys opening up holes for him.  Don't know about the "STUD" part but he has experience as a RB and that will be nice to have!!
This is that group of Sr's that every school waits for smart, athletic, and dedicated but you still need a little luck.  Should be a fun year of football.

No offense. But the talent level of last years seniors(state runner up 2013, state champion 2014) for Warren is way ahead of the 2013-2014 now seniors of star city.

But it's the year to do it for star city. A lot of starters return. Hope the defense has made some adjustments.

LJ06

Warren however did not have much of a problem with this last year

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on August 25, 2015, 03:54:47 pm

That is correct. Warren hasn't had issues with multiple kids playing both ways since 2009/2010.

Bulldog92

Quote from: AirWarren on August 25, 2015, 03:58:40 pm
Quote from: LJ06 on August 25, 2015, 03:54:47 pm

That is correct. Warren hasn't had issues with multiple kids playing both ways since 2009/2010.
I guess I should have been a little more specific.  Most of if not all your linemen went both ways last year and those were the players I was referring to.  If those guys wear down then most of the time the rest of the game goes to pot.  Of all the positions on the field the line is the hardest to go both ways, you never get much of a rest. 

AirWarren

No they did not.

Center played only on offense.
Both tackles played only on offense.
One guard subbed in on defense and the other guard played only on offense.

Church, smith, and Hargis were the d line. And rarely did they play on the offensive line. So I'm not really sure which lineman you're referring to that went offense and defense all game. Maybe besides one.

But regardless, it doesn't matter. It's the past. You guys have a big offensive line or did last year. Defense is the side that I would hope gets it together.

Bulldog92

Quote from: AirWarren on August 25, 2015, 03:49:56 pm

No offense. But the talent level of last years seniors(state runner up 2013, state champion 2014) for Warren is way ahead of the 2013-2014 now seniors of star city.

But it's the year to do it for star city. A lot of starters return. Hope the defense has made some adjustments.
Wouldn't say talent was better, a lot more goes into winning championships than talent.  There have been a lot more talented teams in Warren not win a championship than have.  Just looking forward to watching a little football. 

Bulldog92

Quote from: AirWarren on August 25, 2015, 04:15:55 pm
No they did not.

Center played only on offense.
Both tackles played only on offense.
One guard subbed in on defense and the other guard played only on offense.

Church, smith, and Hargis were the d line. And rarely did they play on the offensive line. So I'm not really sure which lineman you're referring to that went offense and defense all game. Maybe besides one.

But regardless, it doesn't matter. It's the past. You guys have a big offensive line or did last year. Defense is the side that I would hope gets it together.
Well then I apologize.  The game  I was at it seemed like the same guys were on both sides but that was last year and I have slept since then.

AirWarren

It's fine. No worries my man.

LJ06

AirWarren

Bulldog92

Quote from: LJ06 on August 25, 2015, 04:27:17 pm
Its all good Starpups
Hahaha!!!!  So are you coming tonight?

bulldoghistorian

For those who have asked who's our new running back? All I know is that his last name is Shelton.

WPWells

In what appears to be a down year in the 4A, I took a Star City to win state. I hope the Bulldogs don't let me down

LJ06

Quote from: Bulldog92 on August 25, 2015, 04:40:24 pm
Quote from: LJ06 on August 25, 2015, 04:27:17 pm
Its all good Starpups
Hahaha!!!!  So are you coming tonight?

Can't make it tonight. Working on making it for Lonoke though.

LJ06

phdefense

bulldoghistorian

CounterPunch

Sounds like Warren is gonna be world champs again this year. 3 weeks into season yall won't hear from Star City again.

LJ06

Quote from: CounterPunch on August 25, 2015, 09:22:04 pm
Sounds like Warren is gonna be world champs again this year. 3 weeks into season yall won't hear from Star City again.

Eh world champs next year. We'll give somebody a fair chance at it this year.

AirWarren

JUST THIS year?

GuvHog

I don't believe Star City will go away as you seem to think. There is a reason they're picked to win the conference and #3 in 4A. They just ran into a very salty WC team last night.

AirWarren

He is being sarcastic. His way of trying to prevent vomiting from Warren's success.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas