• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren vs Smackover. Hooten's kickoff Classic at UAPB

Started by AirWarren, August 25, 2015, 06:17:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

August 25, 2015, 06:17:20 am Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 06:27:50 am by AirWarren
Kickoff is scheduled to be around 7ish.

Warren returns 5 on defense and 1 on offense. After capturing it's 3rd state title last year, they look to reload and march toward another successful season. Smackover returns a lot of talent from a team that finished as the state runner up in 3A. I suspect a lot of speed to be on the field in this game.

I got Warren in this one. But by a small margin.

Let's get it started!!!

cuckoobird

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Proud Buckaroo

LJ06

BUCK FEVER

everybody got warren winning................smackover will show up for the game.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on August 25, 2015, 07:40:42 am
How do McGehee and Smackover compare on paper?

DEEP DOWN Mcgehee thinks they will beat smackover and win the title......they base this thinking because of an upset jr high win over a previous 32-0 jr buck bunch.......................this will be more of a dissappointment for the owls than last years game was...........these BUCK SENIORS have been waiting 4 years for this one.

Jack-of-all trades

I got The jacks by a field goal ;D🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on August 25, 2015, 08:04:12 am
Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on August 25, 2015, 07:40:42 am
How do McGehee and Smackover compare on paper?

DEEP DOWN Mcgehee thinks they will beat smackover and win the title......they base this thinking because of an upset jr high win over a previous 32-0 jr buck bunch.......................this will be more of a dissappointment for the owls than last years game was...........these BUCK SENIORS have been waiting 4 years for this one.
deep down smackover is scared to death of mcgehee. they shouldn't be this year if they give the ball to their studs. too much talent to run all those stupid trick plays. bucks secondary will be better than mcgehee's 10th graders late in the scrimmage. bucks by 2 td's.

AirWarren

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on August 25, 2015, 07:58:41 am
everybody got warren winning................smackover will show up for the game.

What isn't winning for Smackover....is that picture you have in your signature line.

WPWells

He's so proud that his grandson sacked Storey that he forgets who actually won the game

SUGARTOWN

Romeo

I wish I was at the scrimmage so I could get a true feel for how we look and what we need to work on. I can't just go on someone else opinion. Because of that, I have to stick with my original prediction of Smackover winning. But it'll probably come down to the 4th quarter.

cuckoobird

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on August 25, 2015, 07:58:41 am

just the cheerleaders? That's all I see in something that one would think is promoting the football team. maybe they are tougher than the boys, who knows...

Proud Buckaroo

It seems that staring at people's rears all day has made you a little blind. Look in the clouds.... "A storm is coming." Oh, wait. It's just those "lil buckaroos."

PrivateLesson

PrivateLesson

I go with Warren for the win.   I kinda like Lumberjacks. 

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on August 25, 2015, 11:38:41 am
I wish I was at the scrimmage so I could get a true feel for how we look and what we need to work on. I can't just go on someone else opinion. Because of that, I have to stick with my original prediction of Smackover winning. But it'll probably come down to the 4th quarter.

Same. I've Got confidence in the team though.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on August 25, 2015, 01:05:30 pm

even if it's confidence built on blind homerism.

Lions84

Warren will SMACK them in the Mouth Over and Over and Over.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 25, 2015, 12:22:37 pm
It seems that staring at people's rears all day has made you a little blind. Look in the clouds.... "A storm is coming." Oh, wait. It's just those "lil buckaroos."
should be switched. This thing makes it look like the cheer squad is what's big

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on August 25, 2015, 01:08:23 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on August 25, 2015, 01:05:30 pm

even if it's confidence built on blind homerism.

Nah.

LJ06

Analysis on Warren after watching McGehee scrimmage:

First of all, Warren still has a TON to work on to get to where they want to be this season.  There is talent on the team, but the youth/inexperience is very apparent at times.  There were many instances of Warren being out of position on defense and penalties were a problem.  Offensively, Warren will be able to score points this season.  QB Hayden Lassiter looks faster and is showcasing a better arm than we saw last season.  He made several great throws, but missed several as well.  The read option is implemented back into the offense for this season to utilize his ability on the ground.  Dennis Daniels will be a stud runningback for Warren.  The first thing you notice is the size difference on him for this season.  The kid has blown up physically and could have a great year depending on the offensive line.  He hit the hole hard last night and shows good vision.  Wide Receiver will be a position Warren will have some growing pains at this season.  Franklin Gilmore, aka PeeWee, leads the group and has the physical tools to excel.  This group is very young in general.  There are a few who seem to have the problem with the dropsies so far this season.  A Warren Freshmen dropped two TD passes last night.  The offensive line will make or break the offense this season.  They improved from last weeks intersquad scrimmage, but still have a ton of work to do.  McGehee got pressure on Lassiter on a few instances and also stuffed the running game several times.  Overall, the group looks larger than last season, but none of them were starters by seasons end last year.  Run blocking looks to be the biggest weakness at this point.  Defensive line will be the strength of this team.  DE Peyton Hargis is the best player on the team.  The kid is much faster than last year and has been blowing up backfields.  He will have to be gameplanned against.  He killed the sweep for McGehee when it was run to his side.  There are two DT's that are quite large for Warren and that have been impressive as well.  Linebackers will be okay this year.  Senior McCoy will be the unchallenged leader of the group, but there is a drop off at that position after him.  Several of them had problems lining up correctly and missing gaps.  Secondary is a bit concerning right now.  We are undersized and inexperienced back there in certain positions.  McGehee was able to make several good throws for TD's on Warren's secondary last night.  Overall, Warren pounded McGehee for most of the scrimmage, but did not look overally impressive doing so.  There will be ups and downs for the 'Jacks this fall.  Defense will be the strength this fall.  At this point, I feel Warren will finish 3rd or 4th.  I do think, however, this team will be one you wanna face sooner rather than later in the year.  Saw a lot of great things tonight, and a lot of bad.  Good thing is there is time to correct some things.

Jimbo Morphis

17 of the pounding were scored on our little ones. your pups are much bigger and faster than ours. I think both teams will be much better in a  few games. they better be or it will be a long year.

LJ06

Quote from: Oldman on August 25, 2015, 03:12:27 pm
17 of the pounding were scored on our little ones. your pups are much bigger and faster than ours. I think both teams will be much better in a  few games. they better be or it will be a long year.

Haha just had to rub it in while I could oldman!  Both teams should be better and if not then yeah...

Proud Buckaroo

Warren really better be ready for a run game when they face smackover. Secondary is going to have issues with Jordan as well.

LJ06

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 25, 2015, 03:17:41 pm
Warren really better be ready for a run game when they face smackover. Secondary is going to have issues with Jordan as well.

Warren is equipped to stop a rushing attack better than a passing attack this season.  If you guys were smart you'd just chunk it to Jordan the entire game.  We don't have anybody to cover him.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: LJ06 on August 25, 2015, 03:21:01 pm

Warren is equipped to stop a rushing attack better than a passing attack this season.  If you guys were smart you'd just chunk it to Jordan the entire game.  We don't have anybody to cover him.

Who knows? You guys might have to worry about him being QB. 😄

LJ06

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 25, 2015, 03:23:22 pm

Hope so!  The less stud receivers lined up out there the better!  Keep him in the pocket! lol

SUGARTOWN

I hear he's so fast he may just throw it to himself...the ultimate weapon, hybrid QB/WR.  :D

Air Force One

I do not want this to sound arrogant, but this have helped Warren in the past when they have come off winning the championship, SWAGGER! Warren have found a way  to play way above their heads! I might be wrong but Coach Hembree worst season was 5-5 since he been the Head Coach, I disagree with him playing those championship 5,6,and 7A Teams because those schools dress out 70, 80, and 90 players, but they make Warren play better in 4A, now somebody in a smaller classification have stepped up, this will be different. If Warren don't under estimate Smackover, Warren by 28, if they do, Smackover by 17 because Smackover is not a joke in their classification. But I give props to Smackover for getting out of their comfort zone, not like Junction City just want to be the Bullies of there classification, I don't see them scheduling ElDorado, Fairview, Ruston,LA. Farmerville,LA. OR WARREN HIGH! Let me quit, I don't want to get nothing started.....

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Air Force One on August 25, 2015, 11:06:41 pm
I do not want this to sound arrogant, but this have helped Warren in the past when they have come off winning the championship, SWAGGER! Warren have found a way  to play way above their heads! I might be wrong but Coach Hembree worst season was 5-5 since he been the Head Coach, I disagree with him playing those championship 5,6,and 7A Teams because those schools dress out 70, 80, and 90 players, but they make Warren play better in 4A, now somebody in a smaller classification have stepped up, this will be different. If Warren don't under estimate Smackover, Warren by 28, if they do, Smackover by 17 because Smackover is not a joke in their classification. But I give props to Smackover for getting out of their comfort zone, not like Junction City just want to be the Bullies of there classification, I don't see them scheduling ElDorado, Fairview, Ruston,LA. Farmerville,LA. OR WARREN HIGH! Let me quit, I don't want to get nothing started.....
warren by 28 or smackover by 17? guess you pretty much got it covered.

AirWarren

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Oldman on August 26, 2015, 08:49:56 am

Unless it's Smackover by 28 or Warren by 17.  :D

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 26, 2015, 09:24:56 am

depends on who has the most SWAGGER.

cuckoobird

August 26, 2015, 10:52:31 am #35 Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 10:54:25 am by cuckoobird
Quote from: Oldman on August 26, 2015, 09:27:04 am
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 26, 2015, 09:24:56 am

depends on who has the most SWAGGER.
Isn't that a deodorant?

GuvHog

Are you gonna make it to the game Buckaroo??

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: GuvHog on August 26, 2015, 11:26:38 am

I'll be there for both games being played that day!!

Romeo

SUGARTOWN

GuvHog

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 26, 2015, 11:53:17 am

If things go right, I'll be in the indoor seating area for both games. It's always a blast up there. Hot Dogs, chips, drinks, and cookies are always free as long as they last (at least that was true the last 4 or 5 years). You have to have a pass to get in there though.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: GuvHog on August 26, 2015, 12:22:38 pm

If things go right, I'll be in the indoor seating area for both games. It's always a blast up there. Hot Dogs, chips, drinks, and cookies are always free as long as they last (at least that was true the last 4 or 5 years). You have to have a pass to get in there though.

That sounds nice, but I'll have three people with me. I always sit at the 50 yard line, about middle of the stands. Regardless of where I am/go.

Superjack45

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 26, 2015, 12:11:09 pm
Quote from: Romeo on August 26, 2015, 11:54:01 am
Hootens picks Smackover to win by 7.

Seems about right.
Smackover should win they have a pretty solid group of players but in saying that i still will ride or die with my Lumberjacks regardless of who they may play. Can anyone tell me if we are streaming this game Live or not.

Hootie

I think the Bucks find a way to let the Jacks stay in the game. Should be a good game.

Proud Buckaroo

How does Warren match-up with Smackover on paper? I always enjoy making comparisons like that for games.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 26, 2015, 12:52:19 pm
How does Warren match-up with Smackover on paper? I always enjoy making comparisons like that for games.
Warrens paper is much stronger than smackovers.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 26, 2015, 12:55:16 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 26, 2015, 12:52:19 pm
Warrens paper is much stronger than smackovers.

1-ply < 2-ply?

phdefense

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 26, 2015, 12:49:05 pm

I always sit at the 50 yard line, about middle of the stands. Regardless of where I am/go.
What if they are all taken?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: phdefense on August 26, 2015, 01:07:41 pm

I always sit at the 50 yard line, about middle of the stands. Regardless of where I am/go.

I get there early enough to sit where I enjoy to sit at.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 26, 2015, 01:24:51 pm
Quote from: phdefense on August 26, 2015, 01:07:41 pm

I get there early enough to sit where I enjoy to sit at.
I have all the seats reserved on the 50 yd line. Home side anyway. I'm going to sit with the golden lion baseball team

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas