• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stuttgart vs Arkadelphia (The Buzz Kickoff Classic)

Started by phdefense, August 24, 2015, 08:59:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

phdefense

August 24, 2015, 08:59:42 am Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 09:04:11 am by phdefense
http://www.1037thebuzz.com/news/355/kickoff-classic

The first high school football game to be played this season will be between the Ricebirds of Stuttgart and the Badgers of Arkadelphia. Last year this game was competitive for a half with the Ricebirds nursing a slim lead for most of the first half. After half though the Badgers opened the floodgates and a competitive game turned into sportsmanship rule running clock by the end of the third quarter.

This year's game looks to be more competitive and should be a good one to watch and great way to open the 2015 Arkansas high school football season. Anyone wanting to view this game will need to be at War Memorial Stadium no later than 5pm on August the 31st.

SUGARTOWN

August 24, 2015, 12:11:11 pm #1 Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 12:12:58 pm by SUGARTOWN
Shortest trip for me all season too, only about 5 minutes from my work.  :)

I may have to make out there again Tuesday night for CAC vs. A. Baptist.

cuckoobird

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 24, 2015, 02:40:31 pm
Have all arkie posters been banned?

They just fell into a sink hole and will never be back after back to back years like they had. Losing to a 5 seed Mena three years ago then being the favorite 2 years ago and losing in the quarters..... ouch!

~WPS~

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on August 24, 2015, 02:42:44 pm

They just fell into a sink hole and will never be back after back to back years like they had. Losing to a 5 seed Mena three years ago then being the favorite 2 years ago and losing in the quarters..... ouch!

They are still crying about not getting in the main gate while ignorantly not knowing there were two more gates to get into at Jim Hurley jr stadium.

Jacketman65

I thought that anyone could enter through the main gate.  Is this another discrimination issue?

Romeo

Jacketman65

AirWarren

Quote from: Jacketman65 on August 24, 2015, 11:07:56 pm
I thought that anyone could enter through the main gate.  Is this another discrimination issue?

It was Planned Gatehood.

cuckoobird

Quote from: AirWarren on August 25, 2015, 06:21:18 am
Quote from: Jacketman65 on August 24, 2015, 11:07:56 pm

It was Planned Gatehood.
Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are...

Lions84

hogfan10

Quote from: AirWarren on August 24, 2015, 08:27:59 pm

They are still crying about not getting in the main gate while ignorantly not knowing there were two more gates to get into at Jim Hurley jr stadium.

An argument could be made that the Warren athletics staff was too dumb to open all the entrance gates. Of course no more fans than there were on the home side, I can see why they would not think it was necessary.

AirWarren

Quote from: hogfan10 on August 25, 2015, 04:25:19 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on August 24, 2015, 08:27:59 pm

An argument could be made that the Warren athletics staff was too dumb to open all the entrance gates. Of course no more fans than there were on the home side, I can see why they would not think it was necessary.

See.

Still burning after 2 years.

cuckoobird

I just hope we can manage to get in the gate in week two.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 26, 2015, 10:39:57 am

Good point. However, I don't think the Stuttgart faithful are stupid enough to stand behind a locked gate when another one is open a few feet away.

cuckoobird

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 26, 2015, 10:45:11 am

Good point. However, I don't think the Stuttgart faithful are stupid enough to stand behind a locked gate when another one is open a few feet away.
I know I wouldn't, but I forgot who we were referring to.

LJ06

Especially when the open gate is the main gate. But hey who am I to judge. If a fan base wants to wait in a LONG line for 30 mins at a locked gate then by all means go on with your bad self.

cuckoobird

Quote from: LJ06 on August 26, 2015, 10:49:15 am

Especially when the open gate is the main gate.
I'm guessing they were trying to enter the gate east of the field house and bathrooms. Isn't the main gate on the west side?

AirWarren

Especially when the open gate is the main gate. But hey who am I to judge. If a fan base wants to wait in a LONG line for 30 mins at a locked gate then by all means go on with your bad self.

Little did they know, that was the beginning of the end of their dream run.

cuckoobird

Quote from: AirWarren on August 26, 2015, 10:54:59 am

Little did they know, that was the beginning of the end of their dream run.
Had their fans been able to get in, it would have been a different ballgame.....yawn. lol

AirWarren

phdefense

cuckoobird

FBfan79

cuckoobird

Quote from: FBfan79 on August 31, 2015, 07:12:39 am
Any live video streams on this one?
Not unless arkie does them. Stuttgart broadcast is 97.3 and I think they have an app if you can't tune in

SUGARTOWN

August 31, 2015, 08:50:56 am #26 Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 09:51:26 am by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: FBfan79 on August 31, 2015, 07:12:39 am
Any live video streams on this one?

Only audio from Stuttgart. As Cuckoo mentioned there is an app or you can listen online at www.country973.com

Lions84

phdefense

Oh my goodness this game can not get started quick enough. I sure will be glad when the Ricebirds finally take the field and the " Rise of the Machine" begins in earnest so I can stop pretending to be humble. The Badgers are a worthy foe and both teams will be the better for having squared off against each other. I look forward to seeing the full measure of support from Arkadelphia. Bring it. Bring it All!!!!

arklasports57

Still here....will be at the game.  Go Badgers.  We'll see how it looks after tonight.

arklasports57

Badger Ricebird game
100.9 fm Arkadelphia
99.7 fm Hot Springs
690 am Benton

WPWells

bulldoghistorian

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on August 31, 2015, 03:20:09 pm
Any of those live streams online?

Stuttgart's is www.country973.com , also available on the Country 97.3 app.

Audio only.

WPWells

arklasports57

cuckoobird

cuckoobird

cuckoobird

WPWells

~WPS~

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on August 31, 2015, 05:58:10 pm
Stuttgart's homer announcers are cracking me up
It's comical. I had to go back to Arkadelphia's broadcast. Stuttgart's guys need to realize that when you yell, no one understands what you're saying.

HeberFan

Cuck must be an announcer... major homer. Doesn't seem like the Badgers are having much trouble dismantling "The Machine." 

HeberFan

Thought that Stuttgart was supposed to have an excellent offensive line? Ricecake quarterback sure is getting lots of pressure tonight.

cuckoobird

Sophmore running back has over 100yards already.

cuckoobird

LJ06

hawgfan15

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 31, 2015, 06:18:00 pm
11 carries for 145 to be exact

Sounds like Arkadelphia did take a big hit on defense losing those two DT's and MLB. No doubt Hughes has some talent but the Badgers are going to see several good RB's this season.

cuckoobird

August 31, 2015, 06:48:09 pm #47 Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 06:49:44 pm by cuckoobird
One thing I wish he had was a little more speed. He would have 2 scores by now  It will come though

AirWarren

WPWells

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 31, 2015, 06:48:09 pm
One thing I wish he had was a little more speed. He would have 2 scores by now  It will come though

Are you announcing this game on the radio? These guys are major Stuttgart homers so I'm assuming it's you

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas