• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Teams under the radar (4A)

Started by THE D.O.C, August 10, 2015, 01:18:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cuckoobird

August 13, 2015, 11:10:40 am #50 Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 11:17:55 am by cuckoobird
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 13, 2015, 10:42:56 am
Oh, I see what it was about now. You wanted to to get the last word in to make yourself feel better. Let's correct you on a few things.

#1: I do have people skills. If i didn't. I would have never been in a management position.
#2: I was also a produce manager in the same business that I was a manager in. Algebra/math is not an issue for me.
#3: do you honestly believe trying to assume I live in my "mother's basement" is going to offend me? No, I haven't lived with my parents since I was out of high school. I own my home in which my wife, and kids live with me.
#4: In your first sentence you tried to insinuate that I dealt with drugs in my life. No, actually. I haven't. Nice try on that one though.
#5: I work in a chemical plant. Yeah, chemistry is totally not needed there. ::)

You took the time to sit there trying to insult me. When you didn't. What was the purpose of that post? Oh, yeah. Because I asked you what your job was, and you seem to have gotten a little offended.
Produce manager in a grocery store is a fine profession, I like fruit. I can still tell English is your second language or you're just not that good at it, too many mistakes to correct in your post. Standing on a production line does not mean you know chemistry. Words in Bold are past tense so the people skills and math must have been poor

cuckoobird

Proud Buckaroo

You can make all the assumptions you want about my job I have now. I don't stand on a production line. Do you know what a distillation column is? What about a centrifuge? Let me know when you have the skills to be able to run that, or have any knowledge of it. Yeah, they are past tense because I found a better job. A job that can better my family.

cuckoobird

August 13, 2015, 11:30:04 am #53 Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 11:31:53 am by cuckoobird
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 13, 2015, 11:26:39 am
You can make all the assumptions you want about my job I have now. I don't stand on a production line. Do you know what a distillation column is? What about a centrifuge? Let me know when you have the skills to be able to run that, or have any knowledge of it. Yeah, they are past tense because I found a better job. A job that can better my family.
uhm yeah, but I told you, I'm not interested in your back yard lab projects

Proud Buckaroo

It seems you are being awfully repetitive. What's the matter? You run out of witty things to say?

cuckoobird

August 13, 2015, 11:37:59 am #55 Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 11:46:39 am by cuckoobird
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 13, 2015, 11:34:27 am
It seems you are being awfully repetitive. What's the matter? You run out of witty things to say?
Oh no, I have plenty of satire left

If it were not for the company of fools, a witty man would often be greatly at a loss.

Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Proud Buckaroo

Oh, that's a good one. You googled another mans quote. That's original.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 13, 2015, 12:04:22 pm
Oh, that's a good one. You googled another mans quote. That's original.
I didn't need google

OLDSCHOOL82

I see a quality relationship spawning.

phdefense

The new job is better which is why you referred to old one first.

SUGARTOWN

Job must not be too hard you're posting on here 24/7.

Proud Buckaroo

I work shift work. I'm awake most of the night, or most of the day.

-Painted Fan-

PB, I feel for you, Buddy.
I too work in a factory. I HATED Math in school, but so thankful I struggled through it. I'm converting fractions to decimals (and vice versa) all day long, and a tape measure is my best friend. I wish I led a more glamorous life, but it pays the bills. Keep doing what you're doing, be the rabid, passionate fan you are on Game Day, and be happy with your choices.
Life is too short for regret.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on August 13, 2015, 06:49:57 pm
I too work in a factory. I HATED Math in school, but so thankful I struggled through it. I'm converting fractions to decimals (and vice versa) all day long, and a tape measure is my best friend. I wish I led a more glamorous life, but it pays the bills. Keep doing what you're doing, be the rabid, passionate fan you are on Game Day, and be happy with your choices.

Thanks for the positive post, Painted. I regret nothing I do in my life. Everything I do is to better myself, and my family.

Jacketman65

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 13, 2015, 07:36:05 pm

Thanks for the positive post, Painted. I regret nothing I do in my life. Everything I do is to better myself, and my family.
Don't worry about the girls of Stuttgart, any time you challenge one, you WILL be attacked by the little sisters.  There are not a lot of high quality jobs in Stuttgart if you don't work at Riceland or Producers, so don't feel challenged.  Folks down there like to talk about how good and great everything is, but they are in the poor delta and they are always on the move.  Take care of that family and have fun here on FF.  Just wait till you see the response from the girls to this post! ;D

polksalet

cuckoobird

Quote from: Jacketman65 on August 13, 2015, 11:55:48 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 13, 2015, 07:36:05 pm

Don't worry about the girls of Stuttgart, any time you challenge one, you WILL be attacked by the little sisters.  There are not a lot of high quality jobs in Stuttgart if you don't work at Riceland or Producers, so don't feel challenged.  Folks down there like to talk about how good and great everything is, but they are in the poor delta and they are always on the move.  Take care of that family and have fun here on FF.  Just wait till you see the response from the girls to this post! ;D
Lennox industries pays higher salaries than the whole town of Clinton makes. Not to mention the 100 or so CEO positions held by farmers or the companies who farmers buy everything from "seed to harvest."
Riceland and Producers yes are a major contributor but to say that's all we have is just nonsense, but, I forgot who I'm talking to. Btw, Van Buren county household income is about $10000 less than Arkansas county.

Proud Buckaroo

You know. After the whole attempt to insult me; which you failed at. You have yet to even mention what your job is. Lol. Unless you're just trying to polish a turd.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 14, 2015, 07:15:23 am
You know. After the whole attempt to insult me; which you failed at. You have yet to even mention what your job is. Lol. Unless you're just trying to polish a turd.
I told you he is a doctor. you don't believe me?

Hootie

Quote from: Oldman on August 14, 2015, 08:39:49 am

Cuckoo that's pretty scary if its true LOL  :D

cuckoobird

August 17, 2015, 07:30:33 am #70 Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 07:42:04 am by cuckoobird
Quote from: Hootie on August 14, 2015, 10:02:49 am
Quote from: Oldman on August 14, 2015, 08:39:49 am

Cuckoo that's pretty scary if its true LOL  :D
I'm wondering why my occupation is so important, but here's a clue. Part of my job consists of taking tissue samples and giving prognosis.  ;D

Jimbo Morphis

cuckoobird

August 17, 2015, 10:16:05 am #72 Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 01:20:20 pm by cuckoobird
Quote from: Oldman on August 17, 2015, 09:31:23 am
he is a proctologist.
Well, lately I've been dealing with one rear all day.....

my patience are growing weary with so much time spent on one though

Loyalfan1

hogdiggity

Quote from: Loyalfan1 on August 17, 2015, 11:48:08 am
Mena a force?

Mena may be good, but here is a stat for ya to ponder: they lost every player that scored all but two TDs last year.

hawgfan15

Quote from: Loyalfan1 on August 17, 2015, 11:48:08 am
Mena a force?

Mena will struggle to make the playoffs. No surprises coming from them this season

Lumberjackfan1978

I don't think mena makes the playoffs this year

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 17, 2015, 10:16:05 am
he is a proctologist.

Tell me. Does this look like a normal bowel movement?

nastynice

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 17, 2015, 10:16:05 am
he is a proctologist.

I just spit a whole mouthful of  honey comb in the floor when I noticed the man had Buckaroo on his forehead! That's a good one.

Hootie

The ole 4A boards are not for the weak!  :D ;D ;D

We Are Shiloh

Good post... Shiloh will once again hang their hopes on staying healthy, but it's nothing new.

Quote from: hawgfan15 on August 10, 2015, 02:22:16 pm
1-4A- Shiloh Christian- There hasn't been a lot of talk about them this year but they will battle it out with PG for conference champs. Injuries really hurt Shiloh late last season.

2-4A- CAC- The Mustangs should be able to put up some points this season. They have one of the top WR's in the state in junior Josh Johnson. RB/LB Braylon Harris is one of the better football players in this conference. If CAC can get solid play on the lines they will compete for a conference championship.

3-4A- Pocahontas- Most expect them to compete with Gosnell for the conference championship but this team has a chance to win a couple of games in the playoffs. Junior QB Reece Coates and junior RB Barkely Sorg impressed me last year in the playoffs.

4-4A- Pottsville- The Apaches have won a lot of games the past 5 years. This season they have been the team left out when talking about the potential 4-4A conference contenders. The Dugger twins will be tough to contain. Dardanelle and Robinson may be the darlings of the conference but consider Pottsville the dark horse.

7-4A- Fountain Lake- The Cobras are overshadowed in a deep conference. They adjusted to 4A football better than most expected last season and made some noise beating conference champ Nashville early in the season. Injuries and lack of depth really hurt them later in the conference schedule. If any team is going to leap past one of the 7-4A big 3 (Nashville, Malvern, Arkadelphia) it will be the Cobras. Parker Ross and JT McCoy are two outstanding backs and the teams style of play will keep them in most games.

8-4A- Warren- It feels really weird calling Warren the underdog but too many have written off the Lumberjacks for this season. They did lose a lot of starters from last years state championship but they have more coming back than some think. LB Deangelo McCoy and DE Peyton Hargis are two of the better players at their position in 4A. They also return two linebackers and two guys in the secondary. On offense Warren will always have playmakers. I'm calling it now, Warren is going to see an upgrade at QB in junior Hayden Lassiter. Senior WR Franklin Gilmore and junior RB Dennis Daniels will give the Lumberjacks two playmakers with experience to lean on. Offensive line play will be the biggest question mark.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas