• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Teams under the radar (4A)

Started by THE D.O.C, August 10, 2015, 01:18:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

THE D.O.C

Teams I think that will surprise us.

Hamburg:  They have a RB that caught my eye at WM team camp.
Fountain LK: Plenty of size and experience in the back field to make some noise
Ashdown: Young group of kids last year with speed on O and D.
Clinton: Last year went to Dollarway and won. That speaks volume for confidence.

phdefense

I think after back to back 4 win seasons. Stuttgart will surprise everyone outside of Stuttgart.

RUSH

Quote from: phdefense on August 10, 2015, 01:24:15 pm
I think after back to back 4 win seasons. Stuttgart will surprise everyone outside of Stuttgart.
so what record are you going with?

hawgfan15

1-4A- Shiloh Christian- There hasn't been a lot of talk about them this year but they will battle it out with PG for conference champs. Injuries really hurt Shiloh late last season.

2-4A- CAC- The Mustangs should be able to put up some points this season. They have one of the top WR's in the state in junior Josh Johnson. RB/LB Braylon Harris is one of the better football players in this conference. If CAC can get solid play on the lines they will compete for a conference championship.

3-4A- Pocahontas- Most expect them to compete with Gosnell for the conference championship but this team has a chance to win a couple of games in the playoffs. Junior QB Reece Coates and junior RB Barkely Sorg impressed me last year in the playoffs.

4-4A- Pottsville- The Apaches have won a lot of games the past 5 years. This season they have been the team left out when talking about the potential 4-4A conference contenders. The Dugger twins will be tough to contain. Dardanelle and Robinson may be the darlings of the conference but consider Pottsville the dark horse.

7-4A- Fountain Lake- The Cobras are overshadowed in a deep conference. They adjusted to 4A football better than most expected last season and made some noise beating conference champ Nashville early in the season. Injuries and lack of depth really hurt them later in the conference schedule. If any team is going to leap past one of the 7-4A big 3 (Nashville, Malvern, Arkadelphia) it will be the Cobras. Parker Ross and JT McCoy are two outstanding backs and the teams style of play will keep them in most games.

8-4A- Warren- It feels really weird calling Warren the underdog but too many have written off the Lumberjacks for this season. They did lose a lot of starters from last years state championship but they have more coming back than some think. LB Deangelo McCoy and DE Peyton Hargis are two of the better players at their position in 4A. They also return two linebackers and two guys in the secondary. On offense Warren will always have playmakers. I'm calling it now, Warren is going to see an upgrade at QB in junior Hayden Lassiter. Senior WR Franklin Gilmore and junior RB Dennis Daniels will give the Lumberjacks two playmakers with experience to lean on. Offensive line play will be the biggest question mark.

hawgfan15

Yep 5 wins sounds reasonable this season.

Seriously, if I have learned anything the last few years it's that sophomores can't carry a football team. But if your expectations are to just make the playoffs then yeah they might get that done.

cuckoobird

Quote from: hawgfan15 on August 10, 2015, 02:25:30 pm

Seriously, if I have learned anything the last few years it's that sophomores can't carry a football team. But if your expectations are to just make the playoffs then yeah they might get that done.
If you look at the depth chart, there are several seniors and juniors who will be on the line with strong sophomores to back them up or compete for a starting position. But, of course, we are still a year or two away from supremacy.

hawgfan15

Having upperclassmen on the line is a good start. Is the 6'3 sophomore going to be the starting QB or play WR? Robinson I believe is his last name

AirWarren

Quote from: hawgfan15 on August 10, 2015, 02:22:16 pm
1-4A- Shiloh Christian- There hasn't been a lot of talk about them this year but they will battle it out with PG for conference champs. Injuries really hurt Shiloh late last season.

2-4A- CAC- The Mustangs should be able to put up some points this season. They have one of the top WR's in the state in junior Josh Johnson. RB/LB Braylon Harris is one of the better football players in this conference. If CAC can get solid play on the lines they will compete for a conference championship.

3-4A- Pocahontas- Most expect them to compete with Gosnell for the conference championship but this team has a chance to win a couple of games in the playoffs. Junior QB Reece Coates and junior RB Barkely Sorg impressed me last year in the playoffs.

4-4A- Pottsville- The Apaches have won a lot of games the past 5 years. This season they have been the team left out when talking about the potential 4-4A conference contenders. The Dugger twins will be tough to contain. Dardanelle and Robinson may be the darlings of the conference but consider Pottsville the dark horse.

7-4A- Fountain Lake- The Cobras are overshadowed in a deep conference. They adjusted to 4A football better than most expected last season and made some noise beating conference champ Nashville early in the season. Injuries and lack of depth really hurt them later in the conference schedule. If any team is going to leap past one of the 7-4A big 3 (Nashville, Malvern, Arkadelphia) it will be the Cobras. Parker Ross and JT McCoy are two outstanding backs and the teams style of play will keep them in most games.

8-4A- Warren- It feels really weird calling Warren the underdog but too many have written off the Lumberjacks for this season. They did lose a lot of starters from last years state championship but they have more coming back than some think. LB Deangelo McCoy and DE Peyton Hargis are two of the better players at their position in 4A. They also return two linebackers and two guys in the secondary. On offense Warren will always have playmakers. I'm calling it now, Warren is going to see an upgrade at QB in junior Hayden Lassiter. Senior WR Franklin Gilmore and junior RB Dennis Daniels will give the Lumberjacks two playmakers with experience to lean on. Offensive line play will be the biggest question mark.

That Warren assessment is very pleasant to read :D

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: hawgfan15 on August 10, 2015, 02:38:16 pm
Having upperclassmen on the line is a good start. Is the 6'3 sophomore going to be the starting QB or play WR? Robinson I believe is his last name

Backup QB right now I believe.

phdefense

Quote from: hawgfan15 on August 10, 2015, 02:38:16 pm
"Closed casket" will not play like a sophomore. That I can promise you. BTW there will be another 6'3" WR to match that one next year.

Romeo

Very good analysis.

FBfan79

beach bum

Waldron is going 7-3 and taking Nashville down to the final drive...

Burks

West Helena Cougars! With 15 starters back the Coogs can do some damage.

BightinBulldog55

They ain't taking Nastyville to the wire, they're winning by at least 21! #GoDogs

~WPS~

Quote from: BightinBulldog55 on August 10, 2015, 08:41:56 pm
They ain't taking Nastyville to the wire, they're winning by at least 21! #GoDogs
I'd be surprised if Waldron even scores 21 total in all 7 conference games.

PrivateLesson

For once, I hope you are a Fearless Friday troll.   Please let this go. 

phdefense

Quote from: PrivateLesson on August 10, 2015, 09:13:57 pm
For once, I hope you are a Fearless Friday troll.   Please let this go.
Much like a shooting star I think we will just have to watch the spectacle and then observe this one disappear once the friction of the season takes it's toll.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on August 10, 2015, 09:09:35 pm

I'm surprised at your comments here lately, ballplayer1.....usually you are very reasonable and kind towards Waldron ...bored?? 

~WPS~

August 10, 2015, 09:44:09 pm #19 Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 09:46:53 pm by Ballplayer1
Quote from: PrivateLesson on August 10, 2015, 09:35:43 pm

I'm surprised at your comments here lately, ballplayer1.....usually you are very reasonable and kind towards Waldron ...bored??
Nah I'm just messing with this guy. I don't have anything against Waldron. Once he goes away I'll probably never say another bad thing about them.

Proud Buckaroo

August 10, 2015, 09:44:39 pm #20 Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 02:05:07 pm by Proud Buckaroo

I do hope the person is a troll.. And not really a player.

Jacketman65

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 10, 2015, 02:35:18 pm
Quote from: hawgfan15 on August 10, 2015, 02:25:30 pm

If you look at the depth chart, there are several seniors and juniors who will be on the line with strong sophomores to back them up or compete for a starting position. But, of course, we are still a year or two away from supremacy.
There were several strong juniors and seniors who started the last 2 years with strong sophomores backing them up and competing for starting positions!  I just want to know which SOPHOMORE class is going to put you over the top!  8 wins the last two years!  We are still waiting. ::) ::)

BightinBulldog55

cuckoobird

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 10, 2015, 09:44:39 pm

Why exactly do you get so surprised when people show who they really are?
Didn't you just do that on the weeman board? (A.K.A. 3a)

SUGARTOWN

Without a doubt Waldron is the team most under the radar. I win this thread.  :D

phdefense

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 11, 2015, 07:30:22 am

Didn't you do that when you called me a "retard" and tried to insinuate I was dumb by saying I was not qualified to be a full-time worker at "Riceland", but only a "seasonal worker?" Yeah, thought so.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 11, 2015, 01:29:43 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on August 11, 2015, 07:30:22 am

Didn't you do that when you called me a "retard" and tried to insinuate I was dumb by saying I was not qualified to be a full-time worker at "Riceland", but only a "seasonal worker?" Yeah, thought so.
I never called you a retard, go back and check that again. I did however call you a simpleton and you aren't qualified for a full time position with Riceland. I have no doubt you can be a seasonal employee unless you can't use a probe or open the doors on trailers for the farmers. I may be overestimating your prowess though, who knows...

Proud Buckaroo

August 11, 2015, 01:35:12 pm #29 Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 01:38:58 pm by Proud Buckaroo
I can go back and check. You changed my post to where it said, "the company I work for has a bunch of retards."

cuckoobird

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 11, 2015, 01:35:12 pm
I can go back and check. You changed my post to where it said, "the company I work for as a bunch of retards."
Winner winner chicken dinner!!! I never personally called you one though. Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit

Proud Buckaroo

cuckoobird

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 11, 2015, 01:38:28 pm
Whatever floats your boat.
Water floats my boats. I can have a battle of wits with you all day, just let me know when you obtain some and I'll gladly oblige, ok, lil buckaroo

Proud Buckaroo

As soon as you let me know when you've grown up. I'll be more than happy to.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 11, 2015, 01:42:45 pm
Awe, can't take what you dish out? Better ease back to the weeman board then, it's tough up here. Or better yet, go pick on some teenagers again, it seems to be what you're good at

Jimbo Morphis

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 11, 2015, 01:44:23 pm
Awe, can't take what you dish out? Better ease back to the weeman board then, it's tough up here. Or better yet, go pick on some teenagers again, it seems to be what you're good at

Let's hear it, Cuckoo. Tell us what makes your job so hard that you got to be SO OVERLY qualified for.

Proud Buckaroo

I think this was probably the most accurate post.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 11, 2015, 01:49:24 pm

Let's hear it, Cuckoo. Tell us what makes your job so hard that you got to be SO OVERLY qualified for.
cuckoo is a doctor.

cuckoobird

You must know chemistry and by some of your posts I have no doubt you've dabbled in chemistry, but it's the back yard kind. Being familiar with basic algebra and calculus is a must and I've seen you try to cypher numbers, it's not pretty. English should be your first language or you should be very well versed, you're not eloquent enough and lack people skills. Probably because you're a product of the basement dwellers society but if your mom likes having you around it's not up to me to tell her otherwise. All of the above is supplementary to the fact I never mentioned my profession to you.

phdefense

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 11, 2015, 02:17:54 pm

You must know chemistry and by some of your posts I have no doubt you've dabbled in chemistry, but it's the back yard kind. Being familiar with basic algebra and calculus is a must and I've seen you try to cypher numbers, it's not pretty. English should be your first language or you should be very well versed, you're not eloquent enough and lack people skills. Probably because you're a product of the basement dwellers society but if your mom likes having you around it's not up to me to tell her otherwise. All of the above is supplementary to the fact I never mentioned my profession to you.
And there you have it. I will now enforce the mercy rule

cuckoobird

PrivateLesson

PrivateLesson

CounterPunch

Jacketman65

Quote from: phdefense on August 11, 2015, 02:23:35 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on August 11, 2015, 02:17:54 pm

And there you have it. I will now enforce the mercy rule

And which one is Cuckoo?  They both have their A-- in the air or is that the dirty dog down move?

PrivateLesson

Quote from: CounterPunch on August 11, 2015, 07:04:00 pm
Quote from: PrivateLesson on August 11, 2015, 02:37:27 pm
Is football here yet??  :)
no
crap.   You think they have anymore stuffing or feathers left in their pillows then??  :)

cuckoobird

Quote from: PrivateLesson on August 12, 2015, 08:43:01 am
Quote from: CounterPunch on August 11, 2015, 07:04:00 pm
Quote from: PrivateLesson on August 11, 2015, 02:37:27 pm
Is football here yet??  :)
no
crap.   You think they have anymore stuffing or feathers left in their pillows then??  :)
Thank goodness he knew when he was defeated. Maybe he'll have better luck next time.

Proud Buckaroo

Oh, I see what it was about now. You wanted to to get the last word in to make yourself feel better. Let's correct you on a few things.

#1: I do have people skills. If i didn't. I would have never been in a management position.
#2: I was also a produce manager in the same business that I was a manager in. Algebra/math is not an issue for me.
#3: do you honestly believe trying to assume I live in my "mother's basement" is going to offend me? No, I haven't lived with my parents since I was out of high school. I own my home in which my wife, and kids live with me.
#4: In your first sentence you tried to insinuate that I dealt with drugs in my life. No, actually. I haven't. Nice try on that one though.
#5: I work in a chemical plant. Yeah, chemistry is totally not needed there. ::)

You took the time to sit there trying to insult me. When you didn't. What was the purpose of that post? Oh, yeah. Because I asked you what your job was, and you seem to have gotten a little offended.

Proud Buckaroo

And since we're posting links to videos.

Check this out:

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas