• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Bold Predictions

Started by ~WPS~, August 04, 2015, 06:23:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

We are defending state champions. What else do you want me to say?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on August 06, 2015, 09:36:55 am

Surely you realize that last season has absolutely no bearing on this season? Or maybe you don't...

AirWarren

I don't know. You guys did go back to back in sub .500 seasons. So it can be a good indicator I suppose.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on August 06, 2015, 09:47:57 am
I don't know. You guys did go back to back in sub .500 seasons. So it can be a good indicator I suppose.

And we knew those seasons would be like that, that's the difference.

AirWarren

Alright then.

So where is this conversation going then?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on August 06, 2015, 09:51:35 am
Alright then.

So where is this conversation going then?

I guess nowhere since you have nothing to offer. Unless you want to give a Bold Prediction about Warren's record this year?

AirWarren

Warren goes to the playoffs again.
Warren wins a game or two in the playoffs.
Warren finishes anywhere from 1-3 in conference.

beach bum

Gosh, the week 2 thread "Stuttgart vs. Warren" is going to be classic.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on August 06, 2015, 09:55:54 am
Warren goes to the playoffs again.
Warren wins a game or two in the playoffs.
Warren finishes anywhere from 1-3 in conference.

Way to be vague. I mean 10-0, 9-1, 8-2, 7-3, 6-4? What's your expert opinion?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: beach bum on August 06, 2015, 09:56:46 am

Sad thing about it is, most of the Warren posters don't even go to the games.

Jack-of-all trades

Wrong again we have plenty of posters at the game and for one we will beat The Sugarbabies this year again. Don't know we might have to hire that ref with the gimpy leg or may be even Dway ref, you know the one that pay more attention to the stands than he does the game,arguing with the fans and the coach. Lol!

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Jack-of-all trades on August 06, 2015, 10:15:56 am
Wrong again we have plenty of posters at the game and for one we will beat The Sugarbabies this year again. Don't know we might have to hire that ref with the gimpy leg or may be even Dway ref, you know the one that pay more attention to the stands than he does the game,arguing with the fans and the coach. Lol!

One person with 5 different accounts only counts as one person at the game.

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 06, 2015, 09:44:27 am

Surely you realize that last season has absolutely no bearing on this season? Or maybe you don't...

Now that's a pretty funny statement coming from a Ricebird considering all you guys seem to have to offer to the discussion is how great your teams of yesteryear were. You guys do realize that those trophies collecting dust in the trophy case have absolutely no bearing on this season whatsoever, right?

You guys need to catch a clue man. You can't argue one thing and then take offense to the same argument. Stuttgart, where they are thankful for rice, ducks and bowling.

-Kyle

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on August 06, 2015, 11:03:34 am

Now that's a pretty funny statement coming from a Ricebird considering all you guys seem to have to offer to the discussion is how great your teams of yesteryear were. You guys do realize that those trophies collecting dust in the trophy case have absolutely no bearing on this season whatsoever, right?

You guys need to catch a clue man. You can't argue one thing and then take offense to the same argument. Stuttgart, where they are thankful for rice, ducks, bowling, and old rusty trophies.
-Kyle

Fixed it.

SUGARTOWN

August 06, 2015, 11:27:37 am #64 Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 11:45:20 am by SUGARTOWN

You guys need to catch a clue man. You can't argue one thing and then take offense to the same argument. Stuttgart, where they are thankful for rice, ducks and bowling.

-Kyle

You must not have been on the board lately. We've been trying talking up our future all summer but all other people want to do is bring up our last 2 seasons. So when other people bring up history and we comment on it, it's not the same as the Ricebirds posters bringing it up out of the blue.

And as for what you're referring too with AW, I was commenting on his previous statement that Warren was number #1 until proven otherwise. That's just a crazy statement considering what you guys lost. I think you'll even agree to that.

TALKING about your past is not the same as basing your future success off of it. I base it off of what I see on the field.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 06, 2015, 11:14:55 am

You guys need to catch a clue man. You can't argue one thing and then take offense to the same argument. Stuttgart, where they are thankful for rice, ducks, bowling, and old rusty trophies.
-Kyle

Fixed it.

Rusty trophies would be the ones from the 40's that Smackover has.  :D

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 06, 2015, 11:28:57 am

-Kyle

Fixed it.

Yeah, but we don't bring those up all the time.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 06, 2015, 11:31:32 am
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 06, 2015, 11:28:57 am

-Kyle

Fixed it.

Yeah, but we don't bring those up all the time.

I wouldn't either if that's all I had...then again, I probably wouldn't say much to anybody if my team wasn't any better than that.

Proud Buckaroo

I'd really like to know what you guys are going to say when you have another 4 win season... Will you say "maybe next year?" Or... "We still have 7 titles."

GuvHog

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on August 05, 2015, 03:43:02 pm
Quote from: GuvHog on August 05, 2015, 03:30:14 pm
Quote from: hawgfan15 on August 05, 2015, 03:16:46 pm
Quote from: GuvHog on August 05, 2015, 03:14:57 pm
Quote from: hawgfan15 on August 05, 2015, 01:59:39 pm
Quote from: GuvHog on August 05, 2015, 01:40:42 pm
Bold prediction: Nashville will Lose to Watson Chapel.

Going to get your feelings hurt for the 3rd year in a row

I didn't get my feelings hurt the last two years, I was just disappointed that Chapel played so poorly. They should have won those games.

LOL

Two years ago WC had a head Coach that had lost the desire to win and several players didn't play that year because of his attitude. With the exception of one player (he transferred to Dollarway out of frustration with the previous HC before he retired), they were all back last season and they did improve under first year coach Dutton. Getting most players back from last year and adding a talented group of Sophomores has coach Dutton high on this years team and is the reason why the 5A South Coaches have picked WC to win the conference..
I wouldn't brag about being picked to win the 5A south.

Not bragging, just shocked by it.

GuvHog

Quote from: AirWarren on August 05, 2015, 03:52:22 pm
Monticello was "big dog" in the 5a southeast for years. Dropped down the the 8-4a and has had their aces handed to them every since.

They were the Big Dogs in the 5A Southeast until Drew Central started a football program and some of the better players moved over there. Losing students to Drew Central is why they dropped to 4A.

GuvHog

Quote from: Wonderdog09 on August 05, 2015, 09:47:42 pm
Monticello was "big dog" in the 5a southeast for years. Dropped down the the 8-4a and has had their aces handed to them every since.
Did you happen to see the 08 or 09 billies play? I would only consider Monticello to have been the "big dog" during those two seasons in the 5A southeast. By the way, those teams were very good. especially in 09. Certainly would have beat Warren in 09. Probably 08 as well.

The Monticello Billies were dominant in the 90's until WC moved into their conference (both schools were 4A back then).

AirWarren

Dominant? One state title. Far from dominant.

LJ06

AirWarren

Quote from: GuvHog on August 06, 2015, 01:25:55 pm

They were the Big Dogs in the 5A Southeast until Drew Central started a football program and some of the better players moved over there. Losing students to Drew Central is why they dropped to 4A.

Not entirely true.

As these "impact" players from Monticello that went to Drew central....drew central has maybe won 5 games since the inception of its football program. Don't think that's the problem.

Lumberjackfan1978

I think warren at best goes 7-5 at worst 5-6

x14113

Here's one to do as you will:

Ozark attains double-digit wins and gets a spot at the Turkey Table.

Yep, Dream Mode here. ;D

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on August 06, 2015, 10:25:21 pm

So a 6-4 regular season? That's about what I think for you guys too. But I was scolded for it, because ya'll, you know, have Bo.....

AirWarren

6-4 is still above .500. So...

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on August 07, 2015, 08:28:45 am
6-4 is still above .500. So...

So you know 3rd grade math, good job!

SUGARTOWN

But it's all in good fun, at least it is for me.

AirWarren

SUGARTOWN

August 07, 2015, 08:55:43 am #82 Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 09:47:23 am by SUGARTOWN

NM  :D

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 07, 2015, 08:55:43 am

AW might know 3rd grade math. But, you don't know 3rd grade reading. You posted this twice. Once at 8:38pm and this time at 8:55pm.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 07, 2015, 09:42:56 am

AW might know 3rd grade math. But, you don't know 3rd grade reading. You posted this twice. Once at 8:38pm and this time at 8:55pm.

Just wanted to make sure you saw it. I know you follow all of my posts.

Proud Buckaroo

That's the best you got? Let's just go Google another picture of a guy fishing.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 07, 2015, 09:46:06 am
That's the best you got? Let's just go Google another picture of a guy fishing.

No need too, been reeling you in all week.

AirWarren

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 07, 2015, 09:44:56 am

A guy calling out someone who follows post but has a history of following people's posts. That's rich.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on August 07, 2015, 10:12:59 am
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 07, 2015, 09:44:56 am

A guy calling out someone who follows post but has a history of following people's posts. That's rich.

I just follow posters that I know aren't very bright. It makes me laugh...

AirWarren

Birds of a feather do fly together.

Jacketman65

Bold Prediction:

If Stuttgart can find a way to beat Dewitt, then they might win 4 games again this year!  By the end of the year this machine that they keep talking about will be begging for some fresh oil and grease!

CounterPunch

I don't think Stuttgart wins more than 5 games this year.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 07, 2015, 08:20:41 am
Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on August 06, 2015, 10:25:21 pm

So a 6-4 regular season? That's about what I think for you guys too. But I was scolded for it, because ya'll, you know, have Bo.....
LoL

Razorback Red

My not so bold 4A prediction is that Warren is better than expected with some young guys, make it to the semi's and lose to Nashville who goes on to win it all. 

cuckoobird

August 10, 2015, 07:36:01 am #94 Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 10:14:51 am by cuckoobird
Bightingbulldog will cry his eyes out if he stays around, especially after they beat Taint

BightinBulldog55

Waldron goes 3-0 in non-conference. Then make some noise in the 7-4A by winning against Bauxite, Nastyville, and defeating Mena for the first time in 25+ years! #GoDogs

Jimbo Morphis

there you go again making stuff up. drew central has never had an impact player, much less one that transferred from Monticello. Monticello dropped off when their coach left. no other reason.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Oldman on August 10, 2015, 12:56:58 pm

there you go again making stuff up. drew central has never had an impact player, much less one that transferred from Monticello. Monticello dropped off when their coach left. no other reason.
his brother in law told him that

GuvHog

August 10, 2015, 01:47:39 pm #98 Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 01:53:17 pm by GuvHog

Granted that was a big part of it but their talent level dropped off too. By the way, didn't that coach who left actually return as an assistant coach for some time??

GuvHog

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 10, 2015, 01:40:15 pm

his brother in law told him that

Naw, I have a close friend who has lived in Monticello for years. His son is a Monticello graduate. Both are big Billies fans.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas