• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"Rise of the Machine" 2015 Stuttgart Ricebird Football

Started by phdefense, July 28, 2015, 12:09:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cuckoobird

Quote from: AirWarren on August 03, 2015, 01:18:07 pm
^lonoke and star city come to mind.
Just about every 4a stadium would fail in that category.

SUGARTOWN

Yeah, Lonoke is terrible. They have added new visitor bleachers but they're only about 6 rows high and are LOW. I'm sure it's hard to see over the players on the sideline.

I guess they spent all of their money on their new gym, which is the nicest I've been in on the 4A level.

cuckoobird

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 03, 2015, 01:23:20 pm

Yeah, Lonoke is terrible. They have added new visitor bleachers but they're only about 6 rows high and are LOW. I'm sure it's hard to see over the players on the sideline.

I guess they spent all of their money on their new gym, which is the nicest I've been in on the 4A level.
The elevated visitor and home bleachers we have give great views from both sides of the field. one other intangible would be is there a track around the field. Newport and dollarway are a couple of the few in 4a without this added viewing obstacle.  I love watching games close to the action

AirWarren

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 03, 2015, 01:19:32 pm
Just about every 4a stadium would fail in that category.

You may have to park in the school parking lots on campus but there is actually a lot of parking not in residences at Warren which is good.

Ashdown is bad too.

nmyeyes

A track around the field does take some of the Friday night atmosphere away from the game. I love the bleachers being up close to the field. It's just more fun to play when you can hear the fans. Now on the other hand I got caught getting on to Little Johnny a little to hard sometimes when parents were looking and hearing what I was saying to my players.

SUGARTOWN

I would say that Dollarway's stands are a little TOO close to the field. The players almost have to stand in bounds on the sidelines. I remember 2 years ago a Ricebird WR caught a pass on the home side and was pushed out of bounds and his momentum carried him into the bleachers. The stands shook at the impact, it's a wonder he wasn't hurt.

But as their stadium is built in a neighborhood, there's no room for expansion I guess.

AirWarren

You are very polite in calling that area around dollarway as "a neighborhood".

~WPS~

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 03, 2015, 01:13:48 pm
Quote from: Ballplayer1 on August 03, 2015, 12:38:33 pm
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 03, 2015, 12:35:26 pm
Quote from: Ballplayer1 on August 03, 2015, 12:29:54 pm
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 03, 2015, 12:22:30 pm
Quote from: Ballplayer1 on August 03, 2015, 12:10:39 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on August 03, 2015, 10:13:18 am
The new surface definitely puts Stuttgart back at the top of 4a stadiums.
Looks like they need to put something nicer around the field before you can claim that.

You mean like a maroon track? They're working on that now. Or did you mean something else?
Well that would be nice. But what I'm getting at are the stands, press box, concessions, etc. For example, Nashville and Arkadelphia (I'm sure others as well) have nicer stands, press box, and concessions. Turf doesn't make it the nicest 4A stadium.

I didn't say it was, but it's for sure the best in the 2-4A. I've been saying that we could use chair backs in the reserved seat section at some point, but I'm sure getting the field/track renovations complete were the priority this year (as they should have been).
Cuckoo said it was. That's what I'm referring to. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to knock Stuttgart. It's still a nice field and stadium, just probably not the best in 4A.
I've sat in your visitor bleachers and they are not very good. You can barely see over the team on the sideline and parking is a nightmare. (Marianna has nicer visitor bleachers) Home side is nice though. Btw, I'm including parking, tailgaiting, and other intangibles. Most places don't have adequate parking, unless it's on the street in front of someone's house. That's a huge factor in my opinion. I don't remember your concessions but I'm guessing the visitors have to walk all the way to the home side? If so, that's a big negative no matter how nice they are.
The visitors bleachers are elevated on a hill. Are you abnormally short? I assume the time you came was in 2008. The stadium was rebuilt in 2009. The visitor bleachers are metal now. There is a concessions stand on the visitors side. The parking lot was finally paved last year. Nashville's crowd is so big no parking lot is big enough. The one we have might be the biggest in 4A. It's the biggest I've seen except for maybe Shiloh.

phdefense

Looks like they need to put something nicer around the field before you can claim that.

You mean like a maroon track? They're working on that now. Or did you mean something else?
Well that would be nice. But what I'm getting at are the stands, press box, concessions, etc. For example, Nashville and Arkadelphia (I'm sure others as well) have nicer stands, press box, and concessions. Turf doesn't make it the nicest 4A stadium.

I didn't say it was, but it's for sure the best in the 2-4A. I've been saying that we could use chair backs in the reserved seat section at some point, but I'm sure getting the field/track renovations complete were the priority this year (as they should have been).
Cuckoo said it was. That's what I'm referring to. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to knock Stuttgart. It's still a nice field and stadium, just probably not the best in 4A.
I guess you missed repeatedly that he said "stadiums" as in plural. He never said it was the best just one of the top ones. I know you are a Howard county product but, is accurate reading comprehension really to much to ask?

~WPS~

August 03, 2015, 03:12:11 pm #59 Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 03:15:55 pm by Ballplayer1
Quote from: phdefense on August 03, 2015, 03:08:32 pm

I guess you missed repeatedly that he said "stadiums" as in plural. He never said it was the best just one of the top ones. I know you are a Howard county product but, is accurate reading comprehension really to much to ask?
Looks like it might be you that needs help reading. He said "at the top of 4A stadiums". There are multiple stadiums in 4A. He grouped them all together and he put Stuttgart at the top. If he had said "at the top of 4A stadium" that wouldn't make sense.

Don't you think if he meant any different he would have said so by now. Don't ride cuckoo's jock so much.

phdefense

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on August 03, 2015, 03:12:11 pm

Looks like it might be you that needs help reading. He said "at the top of 4A stadiums". There are multiple stadiums in 4A. He grouped them all together and he put Stuttgart at the top. If he had said "at the top of 4A stadium" that wouldn't make sense.

Don't you think if he meant any different he would have said so by now. Don't ride cuckoo's jock so much.
If he meant what you were implying. He would have said "the top 4A stadium".
ESL?

~WPS~

Quote from: phdefense on August 03, 2015, 03:17:53 pm

ESL?
The fact that you continue to speak for him cracks me up. You don't know what he meant any more than I do. And what difference does it make? ::)

phdefense

August 03, 2015, 03:48:08 pm #62 Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 03:49:40 pm by phdefense
Quote from: Ballplayer1 on August 03, 2015, 03:24:29 pm

ESL?
The fact that you continue to speak for him cracks me up. You don't know what he meant any more than I do. And what difference does it make? ::)
You already know that cuckoo pulls no punches. If he meant what you were implying he is would have made it unapologetically clear.

Don't taint us cause you ain't us!!!!

~WPS~

Quote from: phdefense on August 03, 2015, 03:48:08 pm

ESL?
You already know that cuckoo pulls no punches. If he meant what you were implying he is would have made it unapologetically clear.

Now I don't know about that. Cuckoo isn't as bad as he used to be on here. Maybe he's getting soft, maybe it's because Stuttgart hasn't had a winning season in a while...

phdefense

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on August 03, 2015, 03:58:49 pm

ESL?

Now I don't know about that. Cuckoo isn't as bad as he used to be on here. Maybe he's getting soft, maybe it's because Stuttgart hasn't had a winning season in a while...
You mean kind of like how Taint hasn't had a title in a while?

hawgfan15

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 03, 2015, 01:13:48 pm

I've sat in your visitor bleachers and they are not very good. You can barely see over the team on the sideline and parking is a nightmare. (Marianna has nicer visitor bleachers) Home side is nice though. Btw, I'm including parking, tailgaiting, and other intangibles. Most places don't have adequate parking, unless it's on the street in front of someone's house. That's a huge factor in my opinion. I don't remember your concessions but I'm guessing the visitors have to walk all the way to the home side? If so, that's a big negative no matter how nice they are.

We have a huge paved parking lot now. It fills up on Friday nights but it's as big as any place I have been to. Visitor side has its own concession stand. We could use some new bigger visitor bleachers. Nashville's home side is 2nd to none in 4A and is just about as good as anyone in the state.

~WPS~

Quote from: phdefense on August 03, 2015, 04:44:37 pm

ESL?

Stuttgart has 2 titles in the last 30 years. I wouldn't brag too much.

phdefense

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on August 03, 2015, 04:50:11 pm

ESL?

Taint needs 3 more just to catch up and had better add one this year if they want any chance of doing that. For they too shall fall victim to the "Rise of the Machine"

~WPS~

Quote from: phdefense on August 03, 2015, 04:53:49 pm

ESL?

Taint needs 3 more just to catch up and had better add one this year if they want any chance of doing that. For they too shall fall victim to the "Rise of the Machine"
Yep I guess Nashville should have won more titles in the 30s and 40s like Stuttgart. You know, back when they had winning seasons.

phdefense

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on August 03, 2015, 04:56:36 pm

ESL?

Yep I guess Nashville should have won more titles in the 30s and 40s like Stuttgart. You know, back when they had winning seasons.
Don't get me wrong taint has a good winning tradition. Stuttgart's is just better.

Proud Buckaroo

Just going to leave this here...

2008-11-21   W, 63 - 35

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on August 03, 2015, 04:56:36 pm

ESL?

Nah, but maybe you could have won ONE in the 70's and 80's.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 03, 2015, 06:01:57 pm
Just going to leave this here...

2008-11-21   W, 63 - 35

Looks like somebody else needs an education.

Stuttgart 7 titles, Nashville 4....that's the only stat that matters.

Proud Buckaroo

How many titles has Stuttgart had in the last 30+ years?

Stuttgart: 2.

Nashville: 4.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 03, 2015, 06:27:19 pm
How many titles has Stuttgart had in the last 30+ years?

Stuttgart: 2.

Nashville: 4.

And that's all they have in the history of the world. Stuttgart, 7 titles, 5 different coaches...great program for over 70 years.

Proud Buckaroo

I seriously do not understand when you guys will get it. Tradition fades. Yeah, okay. 7 titles. You have won TWO titles since 1983. After your last one. You have won a total of 8 games.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 03, 2015, 06:42:11 pm
I seriously do not understand when you guys will get it. Tradition fades. Yeah, okay. 7 titles. You have won TWO titles since 1983. After your last one. You have won a total of 8 games.

I get that you don't understand your school hasn't won anything since the 40's. The tradition isn't fading, everybody has a down year or two, it goes in cycles at good programs. The Ricebirds are trending back up, lots of talent moving up this year and next.

Proud Buckaroo

See that's where tradition just pans out when your fans are arrogant. We're not talking about Smackover. Are we? No, we are talking about Stuttgart/Nashville. Oh, we have won 2 titles in 30+ years. Let's rub it in your face. We are the world champions.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 03, 2015, 06:57:40 pm
See that's where tradition just pans out when your fans are arrogant. We're not talking about Smackover. Are we? No, we are talking about Stuttgart/Nashville. Oh, we have won 2 titles in 30+ years. Let's rub it in your face. We are the world champions.

Peehaps you should go back to the 3A board and start another Smackover thread, you don't seem up to this conversation.  :D

Proud Buckaroo

And Stuttgart isn't up for another state championship.

SUGARTOWN

~WPS~

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 03, 2015, 06:55:12 pm

I get that you don't understand your school hasn't won anything since the 40's. The tradition isn't fading, everybody has a down year or two, it goes in cycles at good programs. The Ricebirds are trending back up, lots of talent moving up this year and next.
Here's the big difference I see. A down year in stuttgart is 4-6 and no playoffs. A down year in Nashville is anything less than 10 wins and at least the quarterfinals. With Nashville, they may not win a title every year but you can guarantee they will be a contender. At stuttgart, missed playoffs, losing records, and a legit title chance every decade or so. Nashville hasn't missed the playoffs since 1990 and hasn't had a season as bad as 4-6 since 1987.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on August 03, 2015, 07:27:26 pm

You might want to check your records,
Here's the big difference I see. A down year in stuttgart is 4-6 and no playoffs. A down year in Nashville is anything less than 10 wins and at least the quarterfinals. With Nashville, they may not win a title every year but you can guarantee they will be a contender. At stuttgart, missed playoffs, losing records, and a legit title chance every decade or so. Nashville hasn't missed the playoffs since 1990 and hasn't had a season as bad as 4-6 since 1987.

~WPS~

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 03, 2015, 07:38:28 pm

I've checked my records. What is it?

SUGARTOWN

You might want to check that, looks to me like you guys were 4-6 in 2003.

And yes no playoffs is a down year, and that was the first time in 18 years to miss the playoffs. But hey, it's a new year and everybody's undefeated! 😀

~WPS~

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 03, 2015, 07:42:00 pm

You might want to check that, looks to me like you guys were 4-6 in 2003.

And yes no playoffs is a down year, and that was the first time in 18 years to miss the playoffs. But hey, it's a new year and everybody's undefeated! 😀
I don't know where you got 4-6 in 2003 at. That year Nashville went 5-5 in regular season and 1-1 in the playoffs.

SUGARTOWN

~WPS~

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 03, 2015, 07:47:56 pm
Just going off the Fearless Friday records...
Oh ok. I've found plenty mistakes on their schedules.

HeberFan

History and tradition are nice, but, don't win any football games.

phdefense

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on August 03, 2015, 07:50:29 pm
Too lazy to submit a correction?

phdefense

Quote from: HeberFan on August 03, 2015, 07:58:14 pm
Actually you are wrong about that. Teams with tradition will win games that sometimes they have no business winning.

HeberFan

Quote from: phdefense on August 03, 2015, 07:59:38 pm
Actually you are wrong about that. Teams with tradition will win games that sometimes they have no business winning.

Shall I list a few, past state championship teams that aren't good anymore?

~WPS~

Quote from: phdefense on August 03, 2015, 07:58:27 pm
Quote from: Ballplayer1 on August 03, 2015, 07:50:29 pm
Too lazy to submit a correction?
Did a while back. It apparently doesn't work since others have complained recently.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: HeberFan on August 03, 2015, 08:01:57 pm

List some with 7 or more titles that aren't good anymore...other than LR Central.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 03, 2015, 08:32:10 pm

List some with 7 or more titles that aren't good anymore...other than LR Central.
Stuttgart?

~WPS~

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 03, 2015, 08:39:16 pm

Stuttgart?
+1 Lol

SUGARTOWN

Stuttgart?

Last year yes, but not this year.

AirWarren

Stuttgart?

Ha. Wow.

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

Stuttgart?

Turn out the lights folks.  End of discussion.  +1 Buckaroo!

SUGARTOWN

You can tell it's getting close to the season, you guys are getting easier to troll. Cuckoo throws something out there and y'all take the bait every time. 😀

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas