• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"Rise of the Machine" 2015 Stuttgart Ricebird Football

Started by phdefense, July 28, 2015, 12:09:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldoghistorian

That 2003 Nashville team finished 3rd in what was then the 7-3A. They won at Warren in the 1st round of the playoffs. They completed a 12 yard touchdown pass on the last play of the game to win 32-29!

hawgfan15

Hayden Arnold to Zack Winton. Great game that I am glad I got to see live.

bulldoghistorian

Hard to believe that was 12 years ago. I remember seeing highlights of that game that night. If I remember correctly, Nashville was up 20-7 at the half. Warren came all the way back before Nashville won it at the end.

phdefense

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on August 03, 2015, 09:46:12 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 03, 2015, 08:39:16 pm
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 03, 2015, 08:32:10 pm
Quote from: HeberFan on August 03, 2015, 08:01:57 pm
Quote from: phdefense on August 03, 2015, 07:59:38 pm
Quote from: HeberFan on August 03, 2015, 07:58:14 pm
History and tradition are nice, but, don't win any football games.
Actually you are wrong about that. Teams with tradition will win games that sometimes they have no business winning.

Shall I list a few, past state championship teams that aren't good anymore?

List some with 7 or more titles that aren't good anymore...other than LR Central.
Stuttgart?

Turn out the lights folks.  End of discussion.  +1 Buckaroo!
Those that ride on the coattail of others can not win in these discussions.

AirWarren

Quote from: hawgfan15 on August 03, 2015, 11:43:48 pm
Hayden Arnold to Zack Winton. Great game that I am glad I got to see live.

Very fun game.

cuckoobird

August 04, 2015, 07:39:38 am #105 Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 07:45:03 am by cuckoobird
PH is correct. I meant Ricebird stadium is at the top of the list with other stadiums. If I speak in tongues to you outsiders, (Taintians) it's just my higher education, not the fact that you have a bad one.

I wouldn't say I'm getting softer. It's just that others don't post so heavy handed anymore therefore I don't have to correct them. They finally "Know their role!"

The dumbing down of America all started in Taint

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on August 03, 2015, 07:50:29 pm
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 03, 2015, 07:47:56 pm
Just going off the Fearless Friday records...
Oh ok. I've found plenty mistakes on their schedules.

Which game from 2003 do they have wrong?

~WPS~

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 04, 2015, 08:04:06 am

Its missing a week 7 game against Bismarck. And the week 11 game against Warren is on the 2004 schedule. The 2004 schedule is really messed up, says Nashville went 9-6 but really were 13-1.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on August 04, 2015, 08:19:32 am

Its missing a week 7 game against Bismarck. And the week 11 game against Warren is on the 2004 schedule. The 2004 schedule is really messed up, says Nashville went 9-6 but really were 13-1.

Bismarck a conference game? No wonder your so record was good most years. Lol

hawgfan15

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 04, 2015, 08:48:36 am

Don't act like Stuttgart didn't/doesn't have any duds on their conference schedule.

That Bismark team would have beat Waldron and Marianna lol

cuckoobird

August 04, 2015, 09:10:54 am #110 Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 09:14:40 am by cuckoobird
Stop Hijacking threads with nonsense for a mediocre championship team. This thread is about the future of more titles for the 4a title town

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: hawgfan15 on August 04, 2015, 09:03:58 am
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 04, 2015, 08:48:36 am

Don't act like Stuttgart didn't/doesn't have any duds on their conference schedule.

That Bismark team would have beat Waldron and Marianna lol

Stuttgart had North Pulaski but also beat Greenwood in the playoffs that year, you guys also played Fouke.  :D

But as Cuckoo said, enough about the PAST...

Proud Buckaroo

And you guys have lost to Marianna. What's the difference in Nashville playing Bismarck?

hawgfan15

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 04, 2015, 09:10:54 am
Stop Hijacking threads with nonsense for a mediocre championship team. This thread is about the future of more titles for the 4a title town

Lol trying really hard this morning huh?

cuckoobird

Quote from: hawgfan15 on August 04, 2015, 09:37:18 am
Quote from: cuckoobird on August 04, 2015, 09:10:54 am

Lol trying really hard this morning huh?
oh no, that's just the truth. name another team in 4a with more

that's what I thought

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 04, 2015, 09:26:21 am
And you guys have lost to Marianna. What's the difference in Nashville playing Bismarck?

This has been discussed ad nauseam but I'll explain it again for the newcomer to this conversation.

Nashville has a very good record throughout the years and they like to bring up that fact when debating their greatness against Stuttgart. Nothing wrong with that, you play who's on your schedule, but believe me, if the Ricebirds and Scrappers schedules were reversed for the last 35-40 years those records would be quite different. Bismarck, Fouke, Yellville, Lafayette County, Green Forest....these are some of the teams that the Scrappers have whupped up on.

Cabot, Watson Chapel, Batesville, Morrilton, Searcy (in the 80's when they were good), White Hall, Wynne, Dollarway, these are some of the teams that Stuttgart played in non-con and conference year in and year out. Not to mention Greenwood (2-0)  and Alma (1-0) in the playoffs.

Once again, I'm not begrudging Nashville their wins, but if your talking history, there's no question Stuttgart played the tougher competition. The schools were in different classifications so it's an apples-oranges comparison IMO.

cuckoobird

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 04, 2015, 09:46:59 am

This has been discussed ad nauseam but I'll explain it again for the newcomer to this conversation.

Nashville has a very good record throughout the years and they like to bring up that fact when debating their greatness against Stuttgart. Nothing wrong with that, you play who's on your schedule, but believe me, if the Ricebirds and Scrappers schedules were reversed for the last 35-40 years those records would be quite different. Bismarck, Fouke, Yellville, Lafayette County, Green Forest....these are some of the teams that the Scrappers have whupped up on.

Cabot, Watson Chapel, Batesville, Morrilton, Searcy (in the 80's when they were good), White Hall, Wynne, Dollarway, these are some of the teams that Stuttgart played in non-con and conference year in and year out. Not to mention Greenwood (2-0)  and Alma (1-0) in the playoffs.

Once again, I'm not begrudging Nashville their wins, but if your talking history, there's no question Stuttgart played the tougher competition. The schools were in different classifications so it's an apples-oranges comparison IMO.
Don't forget Prescott and dequeen

Proud Buckaroo

And to answer your previous question about who has 7 or more titles and isn't very good.

I can name a few teams that are good to mediocre still, and who has 7 titles or more.

Barton, Rison, Ft. Smith Northside, Ft. Smith Southside, LRC; even though you said not them, McGehee, Shiloh Christian, and greenwood.

Proud Buckaroo

Like I said, it's okay to admit that tradition does fade. You can be proud of your program, but stop bringing up championships that were won 30 years ago. Or before your kids were even born.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 04, 2015, 09:53:31 am
And to answer your previous question about who has 7 or more titles and isn't very good.

I can name a few teams that are good to mediocre still, and who has 7 titles or more.

Barton, Rison, Ft. Smith Northside, Ft. Smith Southside, LRC; even though you said not them, McGehee, Shiloh Christian, and greenwood.

Perhaps you should actually check the records for those schools you have listed. Other than FS Northside (who won 9 games last year btw), they all have had a few down years sure, but they don't stay down forever. And including Greenwood in there is just asinine.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 04, 2015, 09:56:40 am
Like I said, it's okay to admit that tradition does fade. You can be proud of your program, but stop bringing up championships that were won 30 years ago. Or before your kids were even born.
we have one in 2012, that's 5 years after Taint's last one. So, who is bringing up ancient history more? and stop trying to ride their jock just because your team doesn't have one since dirt was invented

SUGARTOWN

I was AT those championship games 30 years ago, so I think I can talk about them. :)

I understand that it seems ancient history to a 20 something, but I remember it.

cuckoobird

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 04, 2015, 10:01:08 am

Perhaps you should actually check the records for those schools you have listed. Other than FS Northside (who won 9 games last year btw), they all have had a few down years sure, but they don't stay down forever. And including Greenwood in there is just asinine.
Barton didn't even field a team one year

Proud Buckaroo

Perhaps you should read what I said. Those teams I listed are still good to mediocre.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 04, 2015, 10:06:08 am

Perhaps you should read what I said. Those teams I listed are still good to mediocre.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 04, 2015, 10:07:40 am

But the question was to name some that aren't very good any more, not the ones that are. Reading is fundamental...

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 04, 2015, 10:02:31 am
we have one in 2012, that's 5 years after Taint's last one. So, who is bringing up ancient history more? and stop trying to ride their jock just because your team doesn't have one since dirt was invented

I'm not riding anyone's jock. I'm stating my opinion. I have no ties to either Stuttgart or Nashville. okay? Smackover hasn't won one since "dirt was invented." Big deal. You're not bothering me any by bringing that up.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 04, 2015, 10:08:26 am

But the question was to name some that aren't very good any more, not the ones that are. Reading is fundamental...

Mk. Since you decided to not read all the teams. And take out the ones who are still successful. Barton, McGehee, shiloh Christian and Rison.

Is that easier for you? Did I stuttgart it down enough for you?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 04, 2015, 10:09:22 am
Quote from: cuckoobird on August 04, 2015, 10:02:31 am

I'm not riding anyone's jock. I'm stating my opinion. I have no ties to either Stuttgart or Nashville. okay? Smackover hasn't won one since "dirt was invented." Big deal. You're not bothering me any by bringing that up.

So what's your point? We know Stuttgart has had 2 down years, one in which they still made the playoffs...

~WPS~

Don't act like Stuttgart accomplishments in 5A or the old 4A are better than Nashville's in 4A (old 3A). Stuttgart should have played bigger and better teams without choice and fared better. Stuttgart was a bigger school, more kids to choose from than Nashville. Nashville has played some very good teams over the years. Back in the 60s-80s Nashville played teams such as Cabot, Fayetteville, Magnolia, Camden, just to name a few. And won some of those games. At the time Nashville was a "A" or "AA" team playing much bigger schools.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 04, 2015, 10:10:35 am

Mk. Since you decided to not read all the teams. And take out the ones who are still successful. Barton, McGehee, shiloh Christian and Rison.

You think these teams aren't successful???

cuckoobird

August 04, 2015, 10:17:27 am #131 Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 10:19:02 am by cuckoobird
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 04, 2015, 10:10:35 am

Northside won 16 games in 5 years during the 2000's

Southside 07 4 games, 05 5games, 04 4 games, and 01 3 games.

Mcgehee 08 1 game, 07 1 game, 04 4 games, 03 5 games, 02 4 games, and 01 4 games.

Barton 07 1 game and 05 4 games

SUGARTOWN

Cuckoo, he's confused. He doesn't even know what he's arguing about anymore.

Proud Buckaroo

I'm on my phone right now. When I get access to my computer. I'll show you why they aren't AS successfull anymore. Barton's tradition was lost in my opinion when they had to drop football for a year.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 04, 2015, 10:20:13 am
I'm on my phone right now. When I get access to my computer. I'll show you why they aren't AS successfull anymore. Barton's tradition was lost in my opinion when they had to drop football for a year.
Shilo 2012 5 games and 2011 4 games

hawgfan15

How can you name the worst teams on Nashvilles schedule over the years and then name the best teams on Stuttgarts schedule to prove your point? That is flawed logic

I really don't care to get in an argument about which program is better. I'm not changing your mind and you aren't changing mine. But if you want to entertain yourself at least use equal material.

Proud Buckaroo

I'm not arguing. I am discussing. If you want to assume this is an argument. Well.. You know how to spell assume.

cuckoobird

August 04, 2015, 10:22:52 am #137 Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 10:24:55 am by cuckoobird
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 04, 2015, 10:20:13 am
Barton still has the tradition but the fact that most farms don't need as much help anymore like they used to has hurt a lot of programs in the delta.

btw, you can get the full FF version on your phone, just go to bottom of page and hit "Full Version"

cuckoobird

Quote from: hawgfan15 on August 04, 2015, 10:21:01 am

How can you name the worst teams on Nashvilles schedule over the years and then name the best teams on Stuttgarts schedule to prove your point? That is flawed logic

I really don't care to get in an argument about which program is better. I'm not changing your mind and you aren't changing mine. But if you want to entertain yourself at least use equal material.
ok here's equal material. 7>4

Last title 2012
last title 2007

Proud Buckaroo

I am on the full version. I have more data on my computer than I do my phone.

cuckoobird

August 04, 2015, 10:28:35 am #140 Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 10:31:54 am by cuckoobird
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 04, 2015, 10:26:24 am
FF has all the data you need. Maybe you should reference it before making asinine comments.

reference   

[ref-er-uh ns, ref-ruh ns]   

IPA Syllables

Synonyms 
Examples 
Word Origin 

noun

an act or instance of referring.

a mention; allusion.

something for which a name or designation stands; denotation.

a direction in a book or writing to some other book, passage, etc.

a book, passage, etc., to which one is directed.

reference mark (def 2).

material contained in a footnote or bibliography, or referred to by a reference mark.

use or recourse for purposes of information:
a library for public reference.

a person to whom one refers for testimony as to one's character, abilities, etc.

a statement, usually written, as to a person's character, abilities, etc.

relation, regard, or respect:
all persons, without reference to age.

verb (used with object), referenced, referencing.

to furnish (a book, dissertation, etc.) with references:
Each new volume is thoroughly referenced.

to arrange (notes, data, etc.) for easy reference:
Statistical data is referenced in the glossary.

to refer to:
to reference a file

SUGARTOWN

I have no idea who the really "good" teams were on your schedule back in the day, but they weren't as good as the best teams on Stuttgart's schedule.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 04, 2015, 10:26:24 am
Smartphones are only as smart as the person using them

Proud Buckaroo

No. I have a life to tend to. I don't have time to sit here on fearless Friday. Copy and pasting definitions of things.

Proud Buckaroo

But, nice try. Trying to insult me. I'm going to go cry now. Maybe I should cry over Sturtgart's trophy case. So I could clean the dust off. Oh, wait.. That's what you do. Isn't it? You spend every day. Polishing those trophies.

~WPS~

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 04, 2015, 10:32:53 am

I have no idea who the really "good" teams were on your schedule back in the day, but they weren't as good as the best teams on Stuttgart's schedule.
Then maybe you should do some research before you speak about something you know nothing about.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on August 04, 2015, 10:36:24 am

Then maybe you should do some research before you speak about something you know nothing about.

I can see your schedule, it's a lot of the same teams you're playing today. I'm not going to take time to look up their records, I'm already smart enough to know they don't measure up.

cuckoobird

August 04, 2015, 10:52:04 am #147 Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 11:00:46 am by cuckoobird
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 04, 2015, 10:36:18 am
But, nice try. Trying to insult me. I'm going to go cry now. Maybe I should cry over Sturtgart's trophy case. So I could clean the dust off. Oh, wait.. That's what you do. Isn't it? You spend every day. Polishing those trophies.
Too many to polish everyday, it's a weekly rotation. Wasn't insulting, just once again stating facts, besides, everyone knows you're a simpleton

SUGARTOWN

Buckaroo, correct me if I'm wrong, but your assessment is that Stuttgart's program is going down because of last 2 years?

As I said earlier, history seems so recent to a 24 year old. So let me help you out.

The Ricebirds won 2 titles in the 70's, 1 in the 80's and had another appearance in the semi's. In the 90's they were stuck losing in the early rounds of the playoffs most years. Then the 2000's rolled around and we won another title and had a runner up finish. And of course we won again in 2012. My point? It's all cyclical. The Birds ALWAYS come back.

~WPS~

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 04, 2015, 10:38:06 am
Quote from: Ballplayer1 on August 04, 2015, 10:36:24 am

I can see your schedule, it's a lot of the same teams you're playing today. I'm not going to take time to look up their records, I'm already smart enough to know they don't measure up.
I think I have already mentioned this but I'll try and clear it up for you. The level of competition each team played shouldn't have any effect on the quality of their win/loss record.

Here's why...Stuttgart played bigger, and what I would assume better schools, more often than Nashville did. However, Stuttgart itself was a bigger, better school, again one would assume.  So Stuttgart should be of the same caliber and able to compete with and beat the schools it is playing.

Nashville was at "AA" or below until the late 90s.  Nashville was a small school playing small schools. So Nashville should be of the same caliber and able to compete with and beat the schools it is playing.

Each team had an equal playing field against its competition. Stuttgart's wins don't mean any more than Nashville's. Anyone that disagrees with that refuses to use common sense. The only thing that you can accurately compare is when the 2 schools are in the same class. 2006-present, when the schools played the same teams at the same level. In which case Nashville is 93-23 with 2 titles, and Stuttgart is 74-34 with 1 title.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas