• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-4A Lets here some talk

Started by Gray lizard, July 22, 2015, 08:52:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: beach bum on July 27, 2015, 03:27:41 pm
Quote from: Jacketman65 on July 27, 2015, 03:14:30 pm
Don't you Stuttgart girls belong over on the 2-4A board?  With 8 wins in 2 years, you don't need to come attack another thread just to talk about your past!  Yes, the Lizards will be at or near the top of the 4A this year - I don't think the birdies want any part of them again this year!

Coming from a guy with a team that has a 5-13 playoff record all time compared to Stuttgart's 39 playoff wins.... I never thought I'd be defending Stuttgart but there is a first I guess.

Yeah, some people just don't get it.  ::)

Jacketman65

Naw, some just get weak and cave in!  Not this ole boy.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Jacketman65 on July 27, 2015, 03:35:27 pm

What are you talking about? Facts are facts.

Jacketman65

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 27, 2015, 03:40:00 pm

The discussion was about Dardanelle and their chances this year, not the past history of the ricecakes!  Please try to stay on topic and not derail!  Most really don't care about your past.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Jacketman65 on July 27, 2015, 04:07:13 pm
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 27, 2015, 03:40:00 pm

The discussion was about Dardanelle and their chances this year, not the past history of the ricecakes!  Please try to stay on topic and not derail!  Most really don't care about your past.

I WAS discussing Dardanelle's chances this year when one of their fans brought up the Ricebirds, not the other way around. I know your reading comprehension is at an elementary school level, but try to keep up anyway.

And it's you who likes to bring up Stuttgart's past anyway, you did it again on this thread.  :D

The Coach

Dardanelle is the favorite in the 4-4A for no other reason then they are the defending conf champs.

As for overall in 4A they have as good a shot as anyone

HorseFeathers

I bet its more to do with being back the kershner kid and all of their defense....or robinson would bvobvo

D-TOWN LIZARD

I didn't  bring anything up about the "ricecakes"! My comment was about Stuttgart in general, Sugerpie 😘  and no one cares about 2, 3, 10 years ago!  Oh wait...except u! You say whatever you want on here, So don't get your panties in a wad when someone says what they want.

Apache-  I think the lizard strong  point will be defense this year .  But dnt misinterpret wat I'm saying....our offense will make some noise too, with kershner and that line.

GO LIZARDS!!!!!!

SUGARTOWN

But will you care 2-3 years from now when the Birds are hoisting trophy #8?  :D

SUGARTOWN

And I never get my panties in a wad on here. Nobody can ever upset me on a message board, lol. I do enjoy straightening some of y'all out from time to time however.  ;D

phdefense

Quote from: beach bum on July 27, 2015, 03:27:41 pm
Quote from: Jacketman65 on July 27, 2015, 03:14:30 pm
Don't you Stuttgart girls belong over on the 2-4A board?  With 8 wins in 2 years, you don't need to come attack another thread just to talk about your past!  Yes, the Lizards will be at or near the top of the 4A this year - I don't think the birdies want any part of them again this year!

Coming from a guy with a team that has a 5-13 playoff record all time compared to Stuttgart's 39 playoff wins.... I never thought I'd be defending Stuttgart but there is a first I guess.
It's actually worse if you think about it. Stuttgart has more titles than they have playoff wins.

D-TOWN LIZARD

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 27, 2015, 05:42:32 pm
NOPE!!!!

D-TOWN LIZARD

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 27, 2015, 05:47:28 pm
And I never get my panties in a wad on here. Nobody can ever upset me on a message board, lol. I do enjoy straightening some of y'all out from time to time however.  ;D
well, good for you  :-\

cuckoobird

Quote from: D-TOWN LIZARD on July 28, 2015, 07:58:49 am
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 27, 2015, 05:42:32 pm
NOPE!!!!
Oh, you'll care, just not in a good sense

D-TOWN LIZARD

Ummmmm.....no I won't.  Believe me!!!!!

Bigredhog1971

Why even talk about the 4-4a they will not in the mix this year with all teams losing by 2nd round like most years!!!

WPWells

Lol you said that same thing last year

beach bum

1)Dardanelle 10-0 (7-0)... semis or quarterfinals
2)Pottsville 8-2 (6-1)..... quarterfinals or more likely 2nd round
3)Pulaski Robinson 7-3 (5-2) ..... 2nd round after all the hype
4)Clinton 6-4 (4-3) ..... 1st round
5)Ozark 4-6 (3-4) ..... 1st round
6)Dover 4-6 (2-5)
7)Arkansas Baptist 2-8 (1-6)
8)Subiaco Academy 2-8 (0-7)

beach bum

Quote from: Bigredhog1971 on August 02, 2015, 01:18:49 am
Why even talk about the 4-4a they will not in the mix this year with all teams losing by 2nd round like most years!!!

You also said Nashville would clobber Dardanelle last year?

Bigredhog1971

Quote from: beach bum on August 02, 2015, 08:54:11 am

You also said Nashville would clobber Dardanelle last year?
Just looked back from my post last year and I didn't say Nashville would clobber Dardanelle.

Lacerta agilis

I'll take any wager you wish that all teams from 4-4A will be out after 2nd round this year.

apache_alum_90

I was talking to one of the coaches the other day and he said the boys look really good and he's excited for the season. They've been moving some of them around and really like how they look. They're dressing out 39 boys and a lot of them will see playing time. I'm ready for some football!

Longfellow

I'm not sold on Dardanelle being a top team in state. After watching him at multiple 7 on 7's, Chris Kershner just doesn't look comfortable as a quarterback. He has poor mechanics and sloppy footwork. I think a good defensive scheme can contain him on the ground and I don't think he will do well in situations requiring him to air the ball out, two minute drives and whatnot. If he gets it going, maybe they live up to the hype. But right now, I don't know if he will be able to deliver.

hawgfan15

Quote from: Longfellow on August 13, 2015, 10:59:01 pm
I'm not sold on Dardanelle being a top team in state. After watching him at multiple 7 on 7's, Chris Kershner just doesn't look comfortable as a quarterback. He has poor mechanics and sloppy footwork. I think a good defensive scheme can contain him on the ground and I don't think he will do well in situations requiring him to air the ball out, two minute drives and whatnot. If he gets it going, maybe they live up to the hype. But right now, I don't know if he will be able to deliver.

Do they have any other options at QB?

SUGARTOWN

They're not the top team IMO either. You don't lose the best player in your school's history (QB), replace him with a WR/RB and get better. I've been saying that all summer.

Burks

This is the exact reason I am picking Robinson to win Conference this season. QB play will be the difference. SUGARTOWN, I agree the Lizards will really miss KTHOMPSON.

Longfellow

I think this team is much better suited for a wing-t offense. With the whole offensive line returning and Kershner's skill set, that could make them the top team. But trying to run a spread without a quarterback isn't going to work. I think they will be hard pressed to score once teams start keying on Kershner every play

The Coach

August 14, 2015, 12:29:17 pm #77 Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 12:51:14 pm by The Coach
Wing t?

Kershner fits their offensive scheme just fine. He's not gonna be asked to throw it 30 times a game. Just like Thompson wasn't asked to either.

Kershner's been playing QB for a while now, I'm sure he knows what he's doing and Coach Price will help him be successful. Especially with 1 of the best OL's in 4A.

I don't know if they are the top team in 4A but they are in the 4-4A if for no other reason then they are the defending conf champs and they are easily a top 5-10 4A team. Stay healthy they'll be a tough out like last year.

thatoneguy

Quote from: hawgfan15 on August 14, 2015, 12:21:31 am

Do they have any other options at QB?
They have a pretty good sophomore coming up. Carter is his last name. he did really well in junior high last year, and if im not mistaken he came close to have the most passing yards ever  in Dardanelle junior high stats and he missed 2-3 games...  so im sure we'll see him from time to time,

RTF

The only thing I know in this conference is that Subi will be dead last....

Gray lizard

Quote from: RTF on August 17, 2015, 04:12:09 pm

You never know they could have new students show up that are difference makers.

RTF

They could, highly unlikely though... they stink most years...

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Gray lizard on August 18, 2015, 09:01:37 am
Quote from: RTF on August 17, 2015, 04:12:09 pm

You never know they could have new students show up that are difference makers in basketball.

FIFY

PrivateLesson

Quote from: RTF on August 18, 2015, 09:58:08 am
They could, highly unlikely though... they stink most years...
..but Coach Terry I think does well with Subi in Basketball. :)

WPWells

Actually that's Coach Tencleve but RT does well as his assistant

RTF

They did do well in Basketball (last year), but i wasn't talking about that

PrivateLesson

Subiaco in years past, use to win a few games.   They are known for academics as everyone is aware. 

WPWells

Nothing wrong with being known for academics

PrivateLesson

Exactly.  Not everyone can afford the tuition to send their child to Subiaco either.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: PrivateLesson on August 19, 2015, 11:19:44 pm
Exactly.  Not everyone can afford the tuition to send their child to Subiaco either.

You don't have 7000 laying around?

Anyway Dardy posters are we sure the Danville game is at dardanelle, I seen it included in a list of games at war memorial to kick of the season

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: HF on August 20, 2015, 06:34:14 am

Anyway Dardy posters are we sure the Danville game is at dardanelle, I seen it included in a list of games at war memorial to kick of the season

It's not at War Memorial:

http://www.1037thebuzz.com/news/355/kickoff-classic

The Coach

Quote from: HF on August 20, 2015, 06:34:14 am

Definately at Dardanelle

RTF

Their academics are about the same as a public school....they just throw in religious classes

WPWells

PrivateLesson

Subiaco has a 100% college acceptance rate and 80% of students at Subiaco usually will receive scholarships. 

Gray lizard

Quote from: PrivateLesson on August 20, 2015, 12:02:20 pm
Subiaco has a 100% college acceptance rate and 80% of students at Subiaco usually will receive scholarships.

That is pretty stout.  I know it is costly to attend.

RTF

100%? LOL!!! I know for a FACT that is wrong.. I also bet I know more about Subi than any of you.... =D

Longfellow

Quote from: RTF on August 21, 2015, 01:39:44 pm
100%? LOL!!! I know for a FACT that is wrong.. I also bet I know more about Subi than any of you.... =D
Congratulations

Jacketman65

Quote from: RTF on August 21, 2015, 01:39:44 pm
RTF, Did your kid fail or get kicked out of Subi?

WPWells

I have a buddy who graduated from Subi who's at the naval academy now. They put people in Caltech, Stanford, several Ivys. What more do they need to prove?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas