• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-4A Lets here some talk

Started by Gray lizard, July 22, 2015, 08:52:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Gray lizard

4-4A Teams

Arkansas Baptist
Clinton
Dardanelle
Dover
Ozark
Pottsville
Robinson
Subiaco

So what is going on?  Who is the surprise team this year?  Who is going to the playoffs and who is staying home?

By what I have read Dardanelle is a favorite in conference and expected to be on the top at the State level as well.
I think Dover could be a team to watch in the conference.
To do well in the playoffs I think Dardanelle or Robinson are the two teams that could field a team to make a run.  It would not be likely any another teams have the athletes to compete past a first round game.
If Dardanelle manages to beat Booneville at Booneville in the second week.  It is very likely they will finish 10-0 for a second year. I am not going to call it like last year, but I say 10-0 with win at Bonneville and 8-2 with loss at Booneville.

I do not know a lot about the teams I admit. But here is my picks.

Dardanelle
Pottsville - Robinson
Dover
Ark Baptist
Ozark
Clinton
Subiaco

APACHE

IMO,

I think we could see a 3 way tie for first. Just my gut! I watched some team camps and every body looks different than last year. I really dont think Dard is going to be that power house and go undefeated.

The dynamic of the sand lizards change so much with the new QB coming in. He is faster and quicker but will not run over and break the tackles like last years QB. And if you look at the stats the QB carries the ball the most.

(FYI - Im not knocking Chris either he is a great football player, but better suited for receiver, HB or DB. But on the other hand, he is the best Option for QB.)

I think Dover will be the biggest ? Did they lose to much with last years Sr.s? 

So many questions and that is why we love the start of a new season. Everybody is 0-0.

Good luck to the 4a

The Coach

Dardanelle and Robinson should be the 2 best teams

Gray lizard

Apache So Who is your top 3?
Dardanelle
Pottsville
Robinson

I figure Pottsville will field a good team.  To make any head way at State level.  I just feel you need a good team with two or three stand out players.  I do not know of any players like that for Pottsville. 

I also think Dardanelle's shot at a State Title was last year. 

I sure would like to see Pottsville start the year 4-0.  Could very well be 1-3 and still be a very good team.

HorseFeathers

The Coach

beach bum

If anyone can defeat the twins with the mullets from Pottsville they have my admiration for life.... that hair should give them an extra 7 points to start every game.

D-TOWN LIZARD

APACHE

The Duggers are very good ball players and in my book they are stand outs!

Also a kid going to get his chance to see alot of action at HB is Alex Mets (4.5 - 40) maybe faster. I seen him chase down Michael Perry.

Austin McNeely has 2 offers and several schools that are still looking at him. Played TE, but going to see action this year at FB.

Also Ty Maness at LB is going to be very good along with Prock and Bill Lowe. Also a kid named Kyle Reynolds plays corner and safety is very tough to beat.

The Jr class has some good players that didn't get much playing time last year that I think will surprise us. Im hoping anyways

Pottsville has some new blood that will help out that didn't play last year.

My 3 top teams are Dard, Potts, Dover. No order.

Im not sold on P.R.

I think what makes the 4-4a a tough conference is that 1 player is not going to beat you. Coaches are to good and the teams are to solid. That is why I think Dard could see a couple of losses. But hey so could everybody else. It will come down to who is playing the best fundamental game on Friday night.

On a side note just to ruffle up some feathers.

I think if every division in the 4a put an all star team together and had a play off, the 4-4a would walk away with the championship.

All in good fun.

cuckoobird

Quote from: APACHE on July 23, 2015, 09:56:43 am

Also a kid going to get his chance to see alot of action at HB is Alex Mets (4.5 - 40) maybe faster. I seen him chase down Michael Perry.

Austin McNeely has 2 offers and several schools that are still looking at him. Played TE, but going to see action this year at FB.

Also Ty Maness at LB is going to be very good along with Prock and Bill Lowe. Also a kid named Kyle Reynolds plays corner and safety is very tough to beat.

The Jr class has some good players that didn't get much playing time last year that I think will surprise us. Im hoping anyways

Im not sold on P.R.

I think what makes the 4-4a a tough conference is that 1 player is not going to beat you. Coaches are to good and the teams are to solid. That is why I think Dard could see a couple of losses. But hey so could everybody else. It will come down to who is playing the best fundamental game on Friday night.

I think if every division in the 4a put an all star team together and had a play off, the 4-4a would walk away with the championship.

All in good fun.
Ok, it was a good post until this trainwreck

Gray lizard

Alex Mets didn't he return kicks last year.  I forgot about him.  He did have some wheels.  I also thought the McNeely boy was a SR last year.
I think the Dugger twins are good players and glad to have them, but not what I was talking about as stand out player.  I mean a real shot at a D-1 player.

Gray lizard

We do not want any part of that All-Star deal.

4-4A good teams are built with coaching and a team coming together playing as a team.

Those South A's build a team around a few special players.  They would out skill the 4-4A every time and that is how you build a All-Star team.

APACHE

Quote from: Gray lizard on July 23, 2015, 10:52:15 am
We do not want any part of that All-Star deal.

4-4A good teams are built with coaching and a team coming together playing as a team.

Those South A's build a team around a few special players.  They would out skill the 4-4A every time and that is how you build a All-Star team.

Where is your Pride Man, Facts dont Matter here. Not like scouts read these boards so we might as well sell out for our teams and conference.

You know like saying Hogs going to have 10 wins. True fans have short memory. lol

nastynice

Im not sold on P.R.

All in good fun.
Are these the same Duggers that are on Kentucky Lake right now fishing for a National Championship?

APACHE

Quote from: nastynice on July 23, 2015, 12:16:49 pm

Im not sold on P.R.

All in good fun.
Are these the same Duggers that are on Kentucky Lake right now fishing for a National Championship?

yes sir

D-TOWN LIZARD

The Duggers are very good ball players and in my book they are stand outs!Also a kid going to get his chance to see alot of action at HB is Alex Mets (4.5 - 40) maybe faster. I seen him chase down Michael Perry.

Im not sold on P.R.

All in good fun.
Larry?.....Is that you?!!!!!!!

D-TOWN LIZARD

APACHE

D-TOWN LIZARD

Gray lizard

Where is your Pride Man, Facts dont Matter here. Not like scouts read these boards so we might as well sell out for our teams and conference.

You know like saying Hogs going to have 10 wins. True fans have short memory. lol
[/quote]

You are correct I need to show more pride.  Pottsville has some future coming.  I am not sure I should say this, but school choice has brought some good young players in to the program.  About 3 to 4 years and Pottsville will be rolling.  That new deal with free housing to any one with D-1 football experience is really paying off.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Gray lizard on July 23, 2015, 12:57:56 pm

You are correct I need to show more pride.  Pottsville has some future coming.  I am not sure I should say this, but school choice has brought some good young players in to the program.  About 3 to 4 years and Pottsville will be rolling.  That new deal with free housing to any one with D-1 football experience is really paying off.

Lol!

SandRattler

Wow I hope these Pottsville fans don't strain anything trying to pat themselves on the back! Pottsville had a couple of really good years then Perry was gone! I am sure they will be ok even with the lack of talent they have for now but this dynasty type talk gets a little sickening. As usual Sand Lizard fans stay pretty quiet with a wait and see attitude.

Mr. Mercer

Im not sold on P.R.

All in good fun.

Can I ask why you're not sold on Joe T Robinson?

Gray lizard

Quote from: SandRattler on July 23, 2015, 01:42:43 pm
Wow I hope these Pottsville fans don't strain anything trying to pat themselves on the back! Pottsville had a couple of really good years then Perry was gone! I am sure they will be ok even with the lack of talent they have for now but this dynasty type talk gets a little sickening. As usual Sand Lizard fans stay pretty quiet with a wait and see attitude.

We will be ok we got tomahawks for that don't you know.

nastynice

D-TOWN LIZARD

July 23, 2015, 02:34:42 pm #25 Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 02:36:58 pm by D-TOWN LIZARD
yea apache, why aren't you sold on those sensational senators?!!!

HorseFeathers

I'm not sold on them because of the game at Dover last year...seen 3a teams that would have beat them that night...

The Coach

July 23, 2015, 04:13:06 pm #27 Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 04:27:22 pm by The Coach
Quote from: The Coach on July 22, 2015, 12:39:31 pm
Dardanelle and Robinson should be the 2 best teams

barring injuries to any major players Dardanelle and Robinson should be the top 2.

Dardanelle with all they return up front and guys like Kershner, and Craig among others!!

Robinson with all they return skill wise and a move in from PA and from Catholic I do believe. It usually is about coaching with these guys.

D-TOWN LIZARD

Dardanelle won't dominate teams like last year but they are still favorites to win this conference.  The 4a as a whole isn't as strong as Last year, the teams are more evenly talented. So that leaves the door wide open for any team to shine at the end when it counts. Like HF said about not being sold on PR..... You never knew how they were going to play.  if they don't perform it does't matter how many new players they picked up.  They were very inconsistent.

beach bum

Quote from: HF on July 23, 2015, 03:55:03 pm
I'm not sold on them because of the game at Dover last year...seen 3a teams that would have beat them that night...

That game was a shock because even Dover had trouble with 3A Mayflower.... albeit a solid 3A team.

Burks

With the move-in's from PA and Catholic along with TJ, Robinson is the frontrunner. With BJohnson back at QB does anyone else in the conference have the skill people to cover the Senators. Robinson should make a deep playoff run.

D-TOWN LIZARD

Maybe so....but they will still have to prove it.  They were supposed to be better than a fifth playoff seed last year too.  Inconsistency broke their back.

SUGARTOWN

July 24, 2015, 08:37:47 am #32 Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 09:01:04 am by SUGARTOWN
IMO Robinson's problem comes with inconsistency in the play calling. They have the talent to make some noise but if the coaches can't utilize their talent for maximum production then they'll be underachievers again this year.

D-TOWN LIZARD

APACHE

I do feel like Sand-lizards are the favorites. Which I think the conference champs earn that right.

Joe T. Robinsons - The reason Im not sold on them really just comes from our game at home last year. Yes they have a ton of skilled guys however they had no answer for the Dead T. If we control the ball, we control the clock and we beat Joe T.

Do I feel like we are going to win the conference, IDK. Like someone said earlier in the post, I feel like the conference is down. But that could change, I hope it does change and for my sons sake yes I want him to finish his sr year on top with a conference championship and a trip to state. But that is every players-parents dream and unfortunately only 2 teams make the finals.

And until then yes Im going to pat those Apaches on the back and be the biggest fan I can be. Maybe next year when I dont have a dog in the hunt I will be more "Realistic".   ;)

You play to win the game!!

D-TOWN LIZARD

July 25, 2015, 03:44:38 pm #35 Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 05:47:05 pm by D-TOWN LIZARD
I meant the 4a classification as a whole is down. Not just the 4-4a, Just to clarify if I was confusing. And you should hope for the best for ur kids', there's nothing wrong
With that....That's wat We as parents are here for!  To back them no matter What! I think it's going to be a very competitive season in 4a period bc it is so even this year.  Good luck to all!

beach bum

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 24, 2015, 08:37:47 am
IMO Robinson's problem comes with inconsistency in the play calling. They have the talent to make some noise but if the coaches can't utilize their talent for maximum production then they'll be underachievers again this year.

I saw them play PG two years ago when we rang up 49 on them in the first half when this talented Pulaski Robinson group were sophomores. They looked incredibly athletic and hands down the superior team in warm ups.... but then real football kicks in where tackling, blocking in the trenches, and toughness comes in and Pottsville and Dardanelle have way more of that than Robinson.

HorseFeathers

All the above reasons  is why I don't buy p. Rob. Being a legit contender this year.....

D-TOWN LIZARD

Burks

-1 Senators win conference this year.

D-TOWN LIZARD

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: D-TOWN LIZARD on July 27, 2015, 08:15:37 am
okay  ;D

This is the way I feel about Dardanelle being ranked #1...

D-TOWN LIZARD

July 27, 2015, 09:55:04 am #42 Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 10:11:38 am by D-TOWN LIZARD
 :-* Good! Because that's how I feel about Stuttgart in general!!! Lol!!!

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: D-TOWN LIZARD on July 27, 2015, 09:55:04 am

Yawn...wake me up when you guys win something.

phdefense

With the way the Ricebirds abused the Sand Lizards in Stuttgart your feelings are perfectly understandable. I do not think anyone can make a clear cut case a consensus favorite in the 4A-4 this year, but with what Dardanelle has coming back they should be in the mix for the conference championship. I do not think they will be in the mix for a state title though.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: phdefense on July 27, 2015, 10:31:03 am
With the way the Ricebirds abused the Sand Lizards in Stuttgart your feelings are perfectly understandable. I do not think anyone can make a clear cut case a consensus favorite in the 4A-4 this year, but with what Dardanelle has coming back they should be in the mix for the conference championship. I do not think they will be in the mix for a state title though.

My thoughts exactly. With their weak schedule they have a CHANCE to be 10-0 and that's why people have them preseason #1. Playoffs will be a different story.

Lacerta agilis

July 27, 2015, 11:33:19 am #46 Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 11:35:07 am by Lacerta agilis
Quote from: phdefense on July 27, 2015, 10:31:03 am

I'm pretty sure D-town didn't see that game in Stuttgart, but you're correct, the Birds abused the Lizards that night. I'm definitely not saying Dardanelle wins state, but I don't see anyone giving this team a whipping like we got in 2012.

APACHE

D Town

Do you think Dard strength is more on the Offensive side or defensive?

I think last year would lean more to the Offensive but still real tuff on Def.

Jacketman65

Don't you Stuttgart girls belong over on the 2-4A board?  With 8 wins in 2 years, you don't need to come attack another thread just to talk about your past!  Yes, the Lizards will be at or near the top of the 4A this year - I don't think the birdies want any part of them again this year!

beach bum

Quote from: Jacketman65 on July 27, 2015, 03:14:30 pm
Don't you Stuttgart girls belong over on the 2-4A board?  With 8 wins in 2 years, you don't need to come attack another thread just to talk about your past!  Yes, the Lizards will be at or near the top of the 4A this year - I don't think the birdies want any part of them again this year!

Coming from a guy with a team that has a 5-13 playoff record all time compared to Stuttgart's 39 playoff wins.... I never thought I'd be defending Stuttgart but there is a first I guess.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas