• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nashville Offseason

Started by ~WPS~, July 21, 2015, 08:55:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

~WPS~

July 21, 2015, 08:55:34 pm Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 10:35:00 pm by Ballplayer1
Just an update on things going on in Nashville. The school board is looking into possibly live streaming games online starting this year. Also AJ Whitmore will serve as a volunteer assistant coach.

FBfan79

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on July 21, 2015, 08:55:34 pm
Just an update on things going on in Nashville. The school board is looking into possibly live streaming games online starting this year. Also AJ Whitmore will serve as a volunteer assistant coach.

FYI
RE: REGISTERED VOLUNTEERS (from AAA website)
A school can permit a Registered Volunteer to coach any sport EXCEPT football, basketball or track when ALL requirements have been met, documentation regarding all requirements is on file with the school and the required paperwork has been submitted to the AAA office.

***this may be referring to HEAD coach but I'm not sure***

~WPS~

I was told that rule got changed this year.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on July 24, 2015, 11:26:32 am
I was told that rule got changed this year.
Sure you were, to cover the rears. lol Nashville cheating already, hmmmmmmm

~WPS~

It would be cheating to put him at QB. Which would be fun to see. Lol

GuvHog

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on July 24, 2015, 11:32:15 am
It would be cheating to put him at QB. Which would be fun to see. Lol

The fact that the rule is still on the AAA website is solid evidence that it has not changed.

~WPS~

The AAA handbook has not been updated for the upcoming year.

phdefense

I hate doing this, but...

The nashvillians are correct on this one. They changed that rule this year.

~WPS~

Quote from: phdefense on July 24, 2015, 01:29:25 pm
I hate doing this, but...

The nashvillians are correct on this one. They changed that rule this year.
Thanks PH, you're alright sometimes.  ;)

zebradynasty

Wonder who or how Nashville is going to do live streaming? It's not that much to it or least it wasn't here. I don't think our school board got that invovled with it.

~WPS~

Quote from: zebradynasty on July 24, 2015, 04:39:53 pm

Wonder who or how Nashville is going to do live streaming? It's not that much to it or least it wasn't here. I don't think our school board got that invovled with it.
The local radio station offered to lend their audio. So I guess just find somebody to film it.

hogdiggity

Ashdown is supposed to have live streaming this year through our media deal with the local provider.  It is happening a lot more these days.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on July 24, 2015, 04:47:05 pm

The local radio station offered to lend their audio. So I guess just find somebody to film it.

Oh ok maybe the person filming may get paid by the district. Have they said how much it will cost for those wanting to subscribe to watch the games?

~WPS~

Quote from: zebradynasty on July 24, 2015, 08:26:45 pm

Oh ok maybe the person filming may get paid by the district. Have they said how much it will cost for those wanting to subscribe to watch the games?
Said they were considering $5 per game, which is the cost to attend, so that they don't lose gate money.

GuvHog

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on July 24, 2015, 11:46:25 am
The AAA handbook has not been updated for the upcoming year.

That definitely explains why that rule is still there. Thanks for the info.

Leopard

De Queen started livestreaming sports during the spring season last school year.  Their Tech people set it up and they have volunteer students go to games.  They even livestreamed graduation for family members who could not make it.  They also did not charge a dime.

Top Shelf

Quote from: Leopard on August 02, 2015, 04:15:55 pm

De Queen started livestreaming sports during the spring season last school year.  Their Tech people set it up and they have volunteer students go to games.  They even livestreamed graduation for family members who could not make it.  They also did not charge a dime.
No comment..

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Top Shelf on August 03, 2015, 01:34:54 pm
Quote from: Leopard on August 02, 2015, 04:15:55 pm

No comment..

Then why did you?

~WPS~

Anybody check out practice this morning?

hawgfan15

I am planning on checking things out later in the week. Waiting on the pads to start thumping before I go

~WPS~

I'll probably stop by sometime this week.

BightinBulldog55

Nastyville sure is putting in a lot work just to get beat by Waldron! #GoDogs #TurnUp

Proud Buckaroo

It's past your bedtime, Jimmy. Go to sleep.

Okieback

There are companies that will help u live stream . You have to agree to broadcast a certain number of varsity events throughout the year, band. Basketball and graduation count as well.

Schools make a ton of money by selling advertising and commercial adds during the broad cast.

footballcoach2015

Quote from: zebradynasty on July 24, 2015, 08:26:45 pm

why pay someone when they have that new filmer in the big tree stand thing to do it for them for free.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas