• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Fearless Preseason Class 4A Top Ten - 2015 Edition

Started by LJ06, June 10, 2015, 06:20:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

phdefense

Quote from: HF on June 13, 2015, 02:44:48 pm
Stuttgart is kinda like th e cowboys...always talking about the past...
Says those who never make history

CounterPunch

I feel like if Star City can get a running game going after losing their best back we have a shot to win it this year. But as of now they are just a top 5 team in my opinion. Nashville would probably be my favorite as of today.

GuvHog

Quote from: beach bum on June 10, 2015, 09:53:49 pm
Quote from: Romeo on June 10, 2015, 09:25:05 pm
Shiloh Christian is my darkhorse pick to win the state title. I think they have the potential to get back to championship form this season.

I saw the PG vs. Shiloh game online... they have some very good skill players at the QB and WR positions. They are very small though. They return a lot though. I think when it gets far a team may overpower them physically. They have some potential definitely.

I noticed that it didn't take long for Shiloh to jump back down to 4A after 2 years of pretty well getting their heads handed to them in 5A.

AirWarren

Quote from: CounterPunch on June 17, 2015, 01:45:57 pm
I feel like if Star City can get a running game going after losing their best back we have a shot to win it this year. But as of now they are just a top 5 team in my opinion. Nashville would probably be my favorite as of today.

It's wide open again this year I think. There isn't any clear cut favorites to win it this year. Two years ago, it was 5 front runners in arkadelphia, booneville, dollarway,Warren, and valley view. This past year it was warren, dollarway, and Dardanelle. Mena kind of came out of no where in the end but no one had them picked. Dardanelle was the better team of the two. Nashville, the jury is still out on them. The past several years I think they underachieved in my opinion. They had a loaded backfield, seasoned QB, solid defensive line, and pettway and just couldn't get over the hump. With a new coach and other factors, I think the jury is still out on them. With that said, you can never count out a Warren, Nashville, Stuttgart, Shiloh christian or dollarway in 4a football. By returning talent, size, and experience,  star city would be the favorite.

Going to be an interesting season.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on June 17, 2015, 02:35:24 pm
Quote from: CounterPunch on June 17, 2015, 01:45:57 pm

It's wide open again this year I think. There isn't any clear cut favorites to win it this year. Two years ago, it was 5 front runners in arkadelphia, booneville, dollarway,Warren, and valley view. This past year it was warren, dollarway, and Dardanelle. Mena kind of came out of no where in the end but no one had them picked. Dardanelle was the better team of the two. Nashville, the jury is still out on them. The past several years I think they underachieved in my opinion. They had a loaded backfield, seasoned QB, solid defensive line, and pettway and just couldn't get over the hump. With a new coach and other factors, I think the jury is still out on them. With that said, you can never count out a Warren, Nashville, Stuttgart, Shiloh christian or dollarway in 4a football. By returning talent, size, and experience,  star city would be the favorite.

Going to be an interesting season.
you never know what happens with a new coach.

AirWarren

That's true. He is supposed to be a solid offensive mind too.

hawgfan15

I like Nashville's chances this year because of the talent in the backfield and the size and experience on both lines. SR QB Leonard Snell, JR RB Darius Hopkins, and SR RB Terrell Grundy make up a very dangerous 3 headed monster. The offensive line returns 3 starters and will be the biggest and most talented offensive line we have had in at least 5 years.

The new coach may be new to high school football but his success as a offensive coordinator at Henderson leaves me with little worry. I wondered how he would handle running an entire program but he has really made a strong impression so far. The job doesn't seem too big for him but then again he hasn't lost a game yet either lol I really believe he is the right man for the job

phdefense

I think Nashville has to be the favorite coming out of the gate. I expect them to be explosive on offense as usual. What I am unsure of though is what the new coach will change on the defensive side to change the trend of the Scrappers not being able to hold up to hard nosed physical teams.

Qhcaoc

Quote from: FBfan79 on June 11, 2015, 09:02:07 am
3 of the top 4 preaseason teams on our schedule...  7-4A .. SECWEST
By SEC west do you mean they wills stay over rated like the real SEC west did during conference play and then lose when they have to play big games out of conference?

cuckoobird

Quote from: Qhcaoc on June 18, 2015, 05:58:33 am
By SEC west do you mean they wills stay over rated like the real SEC west did during conference play and then lose when they have to play big games out of conference?
winner winner chicken dinner

hawgfan15

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 18, 2015, 06:23:06 am

In non conference play last year 7-4A was 17-6-1. 3 of those losses came from Waldron. In the playoffs Nashville, Mena, Malvern, and Arkadelphia advanced to the quarterfinals. Malvern and Mena advanced to the semifinals. Mena lost in the state championship game. I wouldn't call this conference overrated

FBfan79

Quote from: hawgfan15 on June 18, 2015, 11:12:05 am
Quote from: cuckoobird on June 18, 2015, 06:23:06 am

In non conference play last year 7-4A was 17-6-1. 3 of those losses came from Waldron. In the playoffs Nashville, Mena, Malvern, and Arkadelphia advanced to the quarterfinals. Malvern and Mena advanced to the semifinals. Mena lost in the state championship game. I wouldn't call this conference overrated

Winner, winner, chicken dinner

cuckoobird

How many state titles does the sec west win last year?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 18, 2015, 01:26:37 pm

I would hope you mean, "How many state titles DID the SEC West win last year?" Because, this is 2015.

FBfan79

Hootie

LOL bickering over who is the self-proclaimed SEC West... Man it really is summer now!

cuckoobird

Quote from: FBfan79 on June 18, 2015, 01:34:18 pm

Look it up yourself

7-4A
I know the answer, just pointing out ya'll haven't won anything in a while. I guess your the biggest midget...

FBfan79

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 18, 2015, 03:49:47 pm
Quote from: FBfan79 on June 18, 2015, 01:34:18 pm

Look it up yourself

7-4A
I know the answer, just pointing out ya'll haven't won anything in a while. I guess your the biggest midget...

You're

AirWarren

Warren is in the Shootout of the South starting Friday and into Saturday. Interested in seeing how we do.

Proud Buckaroo

AirWarren

Www.arkansasvarsity.com

Lists all the teams involved. I know lr christian, Pa, lake Hamilton, warren to name a few.

FBfan79

Quote from: AirWarren on June 18, 2015, 10:22:57 pm
Www.arkansasvarsity.com

Lists all the teams involved. I know lr christian, Pa, lake Hamilton, warren to name a few.

Looks like a good list of teams.  Should be fun to watch. 

Proud Buckaroo

Teams: This year's teams include Afton, Ok., Bald Knob, Clinton, Conway Christian, England, Greenbrier, Heritage Hall, Ok. , Pulaski Academy Gold, Searcy, Stigler, Ok., Central Arkansas Christian, Little Rock Catholic, DeSoto Central, Miss., Heber Springs, Lake Hamilton, Little Rock Christian, Pulaski Academy Blue, Quitman, Vilonia, and Warren.

Here is the pool play bracket:

https://ct.yimg.com/mr/uploads/1107/1696858.pdf

BigLion10

AirWarren

June 19, 2015, 02:52:16 pm #74 Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 02:55:04 pm by AirWarren
I have no heard anything.

Update.

Warren is 2-1 so far.

Beat CAC 27-21
Lost to desoto central 37-27
Beat Lr catholic 30-28

AirWarren

BigLion10

AirWarren

June 19, 2015, 04:49:36 pm #78 Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 04:53:22 pm by AirWarren
Warren 49
Heber springs 30

3-1 today during pool play. Next up quitman then Lake Hamilton.

AirWarren

Warren beats quitman 42-7
Warren beats LH 42-21

Finished Friday with a 5-1 record.

Proud Buckaroo

Romeo

BigLion10

What is the format and what time do they Starr tomorrow

AirWarren

Bracket play begins Saturday morning at 10 am.

Each game has two 13 minute halves.

It's all on the Arkansas varsity website.

BigLion10

Guess we're not coming back tomorrow per the website

AirWarren

June 20, 2015, 12:35:49 pm #85 Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 12:37:29 pm by AirWarren
Warren beats Stigler 56-49 in OT to face searcy at 12:40.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: phdefense on June 13, 2015, 10:20:35 pm

We live in a what have ya done for me lately society....Stuttgart has lost to Marianna more recently than they've done anything noteable...

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: AirWarren on June 20, 2015, 12:35:49 pm

Geezzz. That's high scoring in 7 on 7.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: HF on June 20, 2015, 12:47:31 pm

We live in a what have ya done for me lately society....Stuttgart has lost to Marianna more recently than they've done anything noteable...

So it's ok for you to bring up the past but not us. Got it.

And it's "notable" btw.

AirWarren

Warren over searcy 30-21. Wins the bracket. Advances to championship bracket.

AirWarren

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 20, 2015, 01:02:01 pm

Saw some highlights last night of warren. Got some size and speed it looks like at WR. QB was on target.

Romeo

Quote from: AirWarren on June 20, 2015, 02:22:16 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 20, 2015, 01:02:01 pm

Saw some highlights last night of warren. Got some size and speed it looks like at WR. QB was on target.

We've got some underclassmen that will be getting division I attention in the near future.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on June 20, 2015, 01:55:12 pm

And it's "notable" btw.

Pretty sure he was making the comment about YOU guys always bringing up YOUR past.

AirWarren

June 20, 2015, 03:26:53 pm #93 Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 03:30:30 pm by AirWarren
Warren loses to heritage hall 23-21. Finishes the tournament 7-2 with losses to Desoto central and Heritage Hall.

Great job guys.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 20, 2015, 03:04:51 pm
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on June 20, 2015, 01:55:12 pm

And it's "notable" btw.

Pretty sure he was making the comment about YOU guys always bringing up YOUR past.

You're the one who brought it up in this thread chief, not us.

AirWarren

PA wins the SOTS. Congrats to them. Coach Kelly, if you're reading, thanks for putting this on. It's always fun to follow in the dead time of summer.

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on June 20, 2015, 03:26:53 pm
Warren loses to heritage hall 23-21. Finishes the tournament 7-2 with losses to Desoto central and Heritage Hall.

Great job guys.

While it is only 7 on 7, Warren's passing attack looks impressive thus far.  Lassiter looks much improved with his arm and like you noted earlier, our WR's are looking great.

bulldoghistorian

That means come week 5, we better be ready to defend the pass, especially the over the middle stuff haha!

LJ06

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on June 21, 2015, 12:42:10 am
That means come week 5, we better be ready to defend the pass, especially the over the middle stuff haha!

Hope you guys shored up that D from last year!

FBfan79

Do the coaches do the conference rankings?  FL is ranked ahead of Mena in conference but behind them in the overall.  Hard to predict preaseason.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas