• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Offseason@Stuttgart

Started by scrapiron51, November 30, 2014, 02:26:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scrapiron51

Just so you idiots will have something to talk about.

phdefense

Dear diary,

Today I polished the 1949 state championship trophy, I look forward to my time with the 1952 trophy tomorrow. I am truly thankful to be here in Stuttgart where I have the privilege of having a trophy to polish for each day of the week.

Sincerely,
PH

HeberFan

Like my old coach used to tell me: "If you pat yourself on the back for something you did yesterday, you haven't done anything today."

scrapiron51

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: HeberFan on November 30, 2014, 08:18:16 pm
Like my old coach used to tell me: "If you pat yourself on the back for something you did yesterday, you haven't done anything today."
Sounds like a saying for someone who's never done anything in the past worthy of patting themselves on the back, (Heber). Lol

HeberFan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 30, 2014, 09:07:50 pm
Sounds like a saying for someone who's never done anything in the past worthy of patting themselves on the back, (Heber). Lol

Heber has plenty of wins over Stuttgart in all sports, if that is what you mean. Not sure what the overall record is, but, don't care enough to add it up.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: HeberFan on November 30, 2014, 09:25:14 pm
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 30, 2014, 09:07:50 pm

Heber has plenty of wins over Stuttgart in all sports, if that is what you mean. Not sure what the overall record is, but, don't care enough to add it up.
So now you're trying to pat yourself on the back? Lol

And this isn't an all sports board, it's a football board. You don't have "plenty of wins" over Stuttgart in football. Why don't you go add that up? It won't take long...

HeberFan

This is a football board.  Lots of high school football players also participate in track, football and other sports. Stuttgart has a strong history in football.

scrapiron51

Heber, don't argue with a poster from a team that can't even make the playoffs.

HeberFan

Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 30, 2014, 10:28:03 pm
Heber, don't argue with a poster from a team that can't even make the playoffs.

Stuttgart won the state title back in 1950-something, remember?

scrapiron51

Oh yea, silly me they were so dominant back 70 years ago I almost forgot.

HeberFan

And don't ever talk smack about Stuttgart's bowling teams... always a power !

~WPS~

Is that why they aren't any good at football because all the best players are on the bowling team?

HeberFan

Yes, too many of the Rice-cake athletes are on the bowling team. And I hear the junior high Rice-Krispies are even better.

scrapiron51

Maybe they can make the playoffs in bowling.

cuckoobird

December 01, 2014, 07:39:09 am #15 Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 10:22:14 am by cuckoobird
Well, stuttgart has a title every decade but the 90's. Can any of you say that?

scrapiron51

Can you say you have 3 titles in the last 10 years?

cuckoobird

So, two classes are your claim to fame? Can you say you have 7 titles? Can you say you have won one this decade?

scrapiron51

A decade is in the past 10 years, so yes we have won one the past decade. The past decade would be 2005-2014 so yes we have won 3.

cuckoobird

No, a decade is 2000-2009, 1970-1979, and so on and so forth.

scrapiron51

The definition of a decade is a period of ten years. Please take your Stuttgart education and quit posting on things you don't know anything about.

STUNNA

Quote from: scrapiron51 on December 01, 2014, 11:04:13 am
The definition of a decade is a period of ten years. Please take your Stuttgart education and quit posting on things you don't know anything about.

Gillet education..

cuckoobird

dec·ade
ˈdekād/Submit
noun
noun: decade; plural noun: decades
a period of ten years.
"he taught at the university for nearly a decade"
a period of ten years beginning with a year ending in 0 (or, by another reckoning, 1).
"the fourth decade of the nineteenth century"
a set, series, or group of ten, in particular.
each of the five divisions of each chapter of the rosary.

cuckoobird

Hmm looks like my education is better than warren and taints too

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 01, 2014, 11:08:11 am
dec·ade
ˈdekād/Submit
noun
noun: decade; plural noun: decades
a period of ten years.
"he taught at the university for nearly a decade"
a period of ten years beginning with a year ending in 0 (or, by another reckoning, 1).
"the fourth decade of the nineteenth century"
a set, series, or group of ten, in particular.
each of the five divisions of each chapter of the rosary.
Scrapiron schooled once again, lol.

Scrappcheerdad

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 01, 2014, 10:42:19 am
So, two classes are your claim to fame? Can you say you have 7 titles? Can you say you have won one this decade?

I'm sure it's been discussed and I would like a serious answer please when you do a search for most state titles in Arkansas it shows Nashville with 7. I just typed that in Wikipedia comes shows a list of schools. I know you don't believe everything on the Internet but Wikipedia is pretty legit I would think.

WPWells

Did you really just say Wikipedia is legit?...

Jack1990

"a period of ten years." i.e. "he taught at the university for nearly a decade" would imply that it is any 10 year span.  There are many definitions that are correct.  Bolding the one that makes you correct doesn't make you more correct than the others.

AirWarren

Quote from: Scrappcheerdad on December 01, 2014, 11:28:01 am
Quote from: cuckoobird on December 01, 2014, 10:42:19 am

I'm sure it's been discussed and I would like a serious answer please when you do a search for most state titles in Arkansas it shows Nashville with 7. I just typed that in Wikipedia comes shows a list of schools. I know you don't believe everything on the Internet but Wikipedia is pretty legit I would think.

Wikipedia is not legit. A couple guys and I were bored in between classes one day and went in and created a wiki page full of nothing but BS. You can also go in and edit pages to insert any kind of BS.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Jack1990 on December 01, 2014, 11:30:23 am
"a period of ten years." i.e. "he taught at the university for nearly a decade" would imply that it is any 10 year span.  There are many definitions that are correct.  Bolding the one that makes you correct doesn't make you more correct than the others.
If the part that I bolded was the part in dispute then it makes him correct.

WPWells

12th Man knows someone who once changed the picture of Hillary Clinton to a walrus on her Wikipedia page

AirWarren

Quote from: Jack1990 on December 01, 2014, 11:30:23 am

Those darn booty bumping trolls.

cuckoobird

7 isnt even close to the most titles in the state. Thats something like 21, offthe top of my head, short of LR central

Jack1990

Another source - notice the first definition

noun
a period of ten years:
"the three decades from 1776 to 1806."

a period of ten years beginning with a year whose last digit is zero:
"the decade of the 1980s."

a group, set, or series of ten.

cuckoobird

SUGARTOWN

de·cade
\ˈde-ˌkād, de-ˈkād; especially sense 1b ˈde-kəd\
noun
: a 10-year period beginning with a year ending in 0

There you go. That's the Webster's definition.

Jack1990

I can...and have.  However scrapiron saying they have "x" amount of titles in a given 10 year period is still within the academically accepted definition of a decade.  Not until you limited the definition did it make you correct.

phdefense

Quote from: Jack1990 on December 01, 2014, 11:34:14 am
Another source - notice the first definition

noun
a period of ten years:
"the three decades from 1776 to 1806."

a period of ten years beginning with a year whose last digit is zero:
"the decade of the 1980s."

a group, set, or series of ten.
In the North American culture #2 is the standard used. I.E. the 70's,80's,90's etc...

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Jack1990 on December 01, 2014, 11:37:59 am
I can...and have.  However scrapiron saying they have "x" amount of titles in a given 10 year period is still within the academically accepted definition of a decade.  Not until you limited the definition did it make you correct.
No, Cuckoo said "this decade", not the last 10 years. If you can't see there's a difference then I can't help ya.

Jack1990

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 01, 2014, 11:36:46 am
de·cade
\ˈde-ˌkād, de-ˈkād; especially sense 1b ˈde-kəd\
noun
: a 10-year period beginning with a year ending in 0

There you go. That's the Webster's definition.

Full unedited definition -

de·cade
noun \ˈde-ˌkād, de-ˈkād; especially sense 1b ˈde-kəd\ 

: a period of 10 years; especially : a 10-year period beginning with a year ending in 0
Full Definition of DECADE

:  a group or set of 10: as 

a :  a period of 10 years 

b :  a division of the rosary that consists primarily of 10 Hail Marys

:  a ratio of 10 to 1 :  order of magnitude

— de·cad·al  adjective

Examples of DECADE

The war lasted nearly a decade.
The bridge was built a decade ago.
The decade of the 1920s runs from January 1, 1920 to December 31, 1929.
the first decade of the 21st century
There have been a lot of changes during the past two decades.

cuckoobird

Sugar some folks will argue no matter what. You are correct, i said this decade

scrapiron51

Looks like I am smarter then you. Try Again.

scrapiron51

cuckoobird

You have several on your head from being dropped as a child

mr.b@sc

i just got a headache reading this crap...lol

Thorn

Nobody never did show us the corect way to use a dicksunary at stuttgart They just told us to not to pitch woo at are sister less she was given us the eye And to stare at them old trophies thats all they ever talked about an I was proud of them old trophies my great great great grand pappy played fer one of em and my great grand pappy played fer a nuther.

Blazer51

Quote from: Thorn on December 15, 2014, 08:10:20 pm
Nobody never did show us the corect way to use a dicksunary at stuttgart They just told us to not to pitch woo at are sister less she was given us the eye And to stare at them old trophies thats all they ever talked about an I was proud of them old trophies my great great great grand pappy played fer one of em and my great grand pappy played fer a nuther.

You're the worst excuse for a troll I've ever seen. Please go jump off a bridge that has very sharp and large rocks under it.

beach bum

Thorn is an example of what too much whiskey and not getting out much will do to a person's vocabulary.

mr.b@sc

Thorn is why you tell your kids to stay off of drugs...and don't sleep with your sister or cousin or mom or grandma...lol

Blazer51

Quote from: mr.b@sc on December 18, 2014, 08:35:28 am
Thorn is why you tell your kids to stay off of drugs...and don't sleep with your sister or cousin or mom or grandma...lol

Or all of them. Lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas