• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Basketball Coaching Positions (Head, Assistant, and Jr High)

Started by jsportsbasketball, March 23, 2010, 03:57:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jsportsbasketball

Having trouble getting my foot in the door of the coaching world.  Looking for any opportunity out there to get started in coaching.  Have 6 years experience as a successful Pee Wee Coach, but would like to move up.  If anyone knows of any opportunities to coach, please let me know. 

sharshaw

Quote from: jsportsbasketball on March 23, 2010, 03:57:46 pm
Having trouble getting my foot in the door of the coaching world.  Looking for any opportunity out there to get started in coaching.  Have 6 years experience as a successful Pee Wee Coach, but would like to move up.  If anyone knows of any opportunities to coach, please let me know. 

where are you located and where are you looking to coach (area of state) and it it boys OR girls or just one of them. 

jsportsbasketball

I would be open to coaching boys or girls.  Would perfer to stay in the hills of Northern or Western Arkansas, but would take just about anything.  Do you have suggestions?

tman

Calico Rock has a girls job open.  It is in the hills of North Arkansas.

DevilDog4

brock

Quote from: DevilDog4 on March 26, 2010, 09:42:16 pm
Marshall has jr high spot open i believe.

Hadn't heard anything about that just that they are looking for sr. girls coach and a football coach.

DevilDog4

Sr. girls coach? what happened to the one they had? i had just heard they were movin coaches around alot and they were needing jr high spot not for sure though.

brock

Quote from: DevilDog4 on March 27, 2010, 07:27:59 am
Sr. girls coach? what happened to the one they had? i had just heard they were movin coaches around alot and they were needing jr high spot not for sure though.

The girls job was posted in the paper a couple weeks ago, along with an assistant football job.  From what I've been told the girls coach was reassigned.  They need a lot of work, but quite a bit of potential and size.

No Name

DevilDog4

Yes from what ive heard the sr high girls have a new coach not sure who she is yet but heard she is a newer coach

brock

Quote from: DevilDog4 on March 28, 2010, 03:52:27 pm
Yes from what ive heard the sr high girls have a new coach not sure who she is yet but heard she is a newer coach

Marshall or Nemo?

rattler60

brock:

--- Quote from: DevilDog4 on March 27, 2010, 07:27:59 AM ---Sr. girls coach? what happened to the one they had? i had just heard they were movin coaches around alot and they were needing jr high spot not for sure though.

--- End quote ---

The girls job was posted in the paper a couple weeks ago, along with an assistant football job.  From what I've been told the girls coach was reassigned.  They need a lot of work, but quite a bit of potential and size.

Doesn't it require a college degree to coach high school sports not just experience with pee wee?

coachpaulriggan

What are you certified to teach? As much as you love to coach you don't get paid to coach, you get paid to teach.  A huge misconception people have is that High School coaches get paid like the college coaches.  Far from it.  High School coaches not only have to effectively run a sports team or teams they also have to teach. You only get up to a 4 to 5,000 stipend to coach depending on position and the number of sports you coach. Also, do you have a CDL? Most schools want someone who can drive a bus too.  My advice to you would be that if you have a degree in education add as many certifications as you can and follow the protocol of filling out applications, going on interviews. If you do not have your coaching endorsement through the ADE you will need to follow the arduous but rather inexpensive process of adding it through the AAA and NFHS. Finally, though pee wee coaches are appreciated for their service, frankly anyone who WANTS and is WILLING to coach pee wee can. Coming on a board touting pee wee coach status is like saying you won a Madden tournament so you could coach the NFL.  If you want people to take you seriously get a degree or volunteer with a high school program. If you have a degree ask to volunteer for a high school program and/or go to as many clinics and job fairs as you can. Finally, unless you are in a situation to where you can't move.... be willing to move.  I am a recent graduate and I have added more certifications to my list, I am about to get my CDL and I have yet to get an interview. I have applied in every corner of the state and I am actually starting to apply in Alabama in Florida also.  I was a the teachers fair in Little Rock and a huge contingent of the people there were Mississippi and Louisiana teachers looking to get Arkansas jobs due to pay and crime at the schools they were at.  Good Luck.

Sportsfan302

HorseFeathers

Quote from: coachpaulriggan on May 05, 2012, 10:23:55 am
What are you certified to teach? As much as you love to coach you don't get paid to coach, you get paid to teach.  A huge misconception people have is that High School coaches get paid like the college coaches.  Far from it.  High School coaches not only have to effectively run a sports team or teams they also have to teach. You only get up to a 4 to 5,000 stipend to coach depending on position and the number of sports you coach. Also, do you have a CDL? Most schools want someone who can drive a bus too.  My advice to you would be that if you have a degree in education add as many certifications as you can and follow the protocol of filling out applications, going on interviews. If you do not have your coaching endorsement through the ADE you will need to follow the arduous but rather inexpensive process of adding it through the AAA and NFHS. Finally, though pee wee coaches are appreciated for their service, frankly anyone who WANTS and is WILLING to coach pee wee can. Coming on a board touting pee wee coach status is like saying you won a Madden tournament so you could coach the NFL.  If you want people to take you seriously get a degree or volunteer with a high school program. If you have a degree ask to volunteer for a high school program and/or go to as many clinics and job fairs as you can. Finally, unless you are in a situation to where you can't move.... be willing to move.  I am a recent graduate and I have added more certifications to my list, I am about to get my CDL and I have yet to get an interview. I have applied in every corner of the state and I am actually starting to apply in Alabama in Florida also.  I was a the teachers fair in Little Rock and a huge contingent of the people there were Mississippi and Louisiana teachers looking to get Arkansas jobs due to pay and crime at the schools they were at.  Good Luck.

Unless your a 7A football coach....

User870

Quote from: coachpaulriggan on May 05, 2012, 10:23:55 am

Most coaches don't find a job on an online sports message board either.

And stipends don't have a limit.  They are set by the district.  They can range from 500-30000 in this state.

luvthegame

Norfork is looking for a boys basketball coach, and Cotter is looking for a 7th grade coach.
Couple of positions open on the White River

No Name

Quote from: luvthegame on August 05, 2012, 08:32:20 am
Norfork is looking for a boys basketball coach, and Cotter is looking for a 7th grade coach.
Thought Norfork hired a boy's coach?????

luvthegame

Quote from: No Name on August 10, 2012, 12:02:06 am
Quote from: luvthegame on August 05, 2012, 08:32:20 am
Thought Norfork hired a boy's coach?????

They did.  He accepted a job at Wickes. Evidentially the new girls Coach is going to have all four teams at Norfork.

epotts

nope he got lucky Norfork hired Dee Human as the new boys basketball coach the day before teacher inservice.

photographer

HorseFeathers

HEaring that Kingston's(1A) Head Girls position is open.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas