• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015-2016 Arkansas basketball

Started by beach bum, November 14, 2015, 12:02:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DerekOxford

Hogs have a good chance to be a .500 team in conference. If that happens (and they beat Texas Tech), they will finish the regular season with a winning record. If they could win a SEC Tournament game, Mike would avoid a losing season.

Would be quite the accomplishment, all things considered.

mack

Quote from: 3 Dollar on January 07, 2016, 01:29:57 pm
I can see both sides to the timeout.  Like a poster has already stated "it's strategy." 

Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda!  I probably would not have called it, and then they would have hit that long 3 pointer to win it and I would have been the idiot coach that needs to be fired.  Had they not hit it, other (more prominent) schools would be looking to hire me.

He called it.  They tied it.  Went to OT and we won it!  Had they not tied it, there would never have been this discussion.  Had they (Vandy) won it, everybody would be asking for MA's resignation.  I thought it was a stellar coaching performance to get his team to come back and win it in OT after the drama of Vandy tying it.

Where's that dang 50 like button....................

AirWarren

13 3'd today. Wow. Need to finish this out.

AirWarren

AirWarren

AirWarren

Dusty is pumped up haha. Mike not looking really happy at his celebrations. But let him be happy mike! Not much to smile and be happy about thus far this basketball season.

AirWarren

Big win today. Moves to 2-1 in conference. And most importantly, 2 straight wins in conference and we gain confidence. That's what we need.

AirWarren

Coach Pel helped call the game. Then interviewed coach mike during post game. Kind of awkward. Ha.

Lumberjackfan1978

Good game Hogs,we needed this confidence booster,Go Hogs Go

Coach Venny Slocombe

Hannahs had a great game but I am more impressed with Kingsley. He has really come along.

BrianfromCarlisle

I'm impressed with Durham!!!  That kid has really come on.  10pts 12 asst 6 steals. Just wow.  And only 2 turnovers.

AirWarren

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on January 10, 2016, 05:37:23 pm
Hannahs had a great game but I am more impressed with Kingsley. He has really come along.

Moses is a different player this year. I like it.

BrianfromCarlisle

Yes he is.  Our bench has to get better. But that first 5-6 is as tough as anyone.

WPWells

We bring back most of our pieces next year plus the three JUCO recruits. Bell and Durham are gone but everyone else is back

DerekOxford

Quote from: Fred Bird on January 10, 2016, 09:15:35 pm
We bring back most of our pieces next year plus the three JUCO recruits. Bell and Durham are gone but everyone else is back

Next year's roster, tentatively.

Trey Thompson (RS soph.)
Adrio Bailey (fr.)
Dusty Hannahs (RS sr.)
Daryl Macon (jr.)
Jaylen Barford (jr.)
Dustin Thomas (RS jr.)
Lorenzo Jenkins (soph. or RS fr.)
Manuale Watkins (sr.)
Arlando Cook (jr.)
Jimmy Whitt (soph.)
Anton Beard (jr.)
Moses Kingsley (sr.)

Room for one more scholly. Hopefully a transfer big or a high school big.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: AirWarren on January 10, 2016, 08:48:28 pm

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on January 10, 2016, 08:55:19 pm
Yes he is.  Our bench has to get better. But that first 5-6 is as tough as anyone.
lol, not as good as anyone...Duke, NC, Kansas, Okie, Kentucky have some good players 1-6 and beyond...these guys are fun to watch though...they sure play hard...I would love to see a good run, maybe help recruiting...

Romeo

That one open scholarship was supposed to be Monk's. But like what was said, it can be used to get another big man. UNLV's coach resigned yesterday, which could leave the possibility of Jaylen Fisher getting back into the mix since he didn't sign with UNLV.

AirWarren

Let's make it 3 in a row hogs!

Matt jones, trey, and freak were laughing last week at the through of the hogs winning three in a row in conference. Well, here we are with that chance. I may make a call in tmrw if we win tonight :D

BrianfromCarlisle

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on January 11, 2016, 11:38:18 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on January 10, 2016, 08:48:28 pm

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on January 10, 2016, 08:55:19 pm
lol, not as good as anyone...Duke, NC, Kansas, Okie, Kentucky have some good players 1-6 and beyond...these guys are fun to watch though...they sure play hard...I would love to see a good run, maybe help recruiting...
Well Venny, I meant within reason. Lol. That's my fault. I meaning like they are as good as sort of mid level tourney teams. 6-9 seed type teams. But the bench just isn't there yet. Bench getting better makes them a more legit tourney threat. Even if that means NIT. Thanks for checking me.  LOL

Lionheart88

Pelphrey interviewing Jeff Long right now is just a bit awkward.

ricepig

Quote from: AirWarren on January 12, 2016, 01:00:27 pm

Matt jones, trey, and freak were laughing last week at the through of the hogs winning three in a row in conference. Well, here we are with that chance. I may make a call in tmrw if we win tonight :D

Make that call!

WPWells

bdubyab60

When you can shoot the ball you have a chance in any game. Hannah's 80% from the floor tonight

BrianfromCarlisle

This team will be reckoned with!  They share the ball well. And they shoot very well. Beard is the difference. He makes the rotation dangerous. Jabril Durham is the MVP of this team. No question.

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on January 12, 2016, 10:18:17 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on January 12, 2016, 01:00:27 pm

Make that call!

Think I will!!!

AirWarren

I made a toddy last night due to a sore throat and fell asleep at like 830 ha. So I missed the game. Glad to wake up and see they beat that mizzou tail.

Romeo

I wish we could bottle up last nights game and use it for the rest of the season. They were shooting lights out last night.

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on January 13, 2016, 07:08:07 am
I wish we could bottle up last nights game and use it for the rest of the season. They were shooting lights out last night.

We may be getting to that point. This team finally looks like they are gelling together.

Redwolves8526

January 13, 2016, 08:43:52 am #228 Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 08:45:59 am by Redwolves8526

Redwolves8526

Impressive win for sure...mostly because of the margin of victory. Like someone mentioned above, Anton Beard is making a big time difference right now. Seems like the ball moves a lot more and the offense flows more smoothly when he is in.

AirWarren

I'm glad Anton is back. He was the experienced peice that we needed to get things going. Now if he can keep his crap cleaned up outside of the court, we should be good. Moses is also a true big man we have needed down low. Playing lights out. And it seems dusty, bell, and Durham are turning into the outside threats we have needed.

Lions84

Hawgs are coming around they Thumped the Zoo by 30+ !!!

beach bum

January 14, 2016, 03:15:23 pm #232 Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 03:18:04 pm by beach bum
Durham, Whitt, Hannahs, and Bell are fun to watch. They are very undersized and doing the best they can. Kingsley and the other bigs play very hard too. I am starting to actually say I am proud of what this rag tag team is doing and a .500 SEC record is not out of the question. This team is very unselfish and I am enjoying that aspect.

DerekOxford

Quote from: beach bum on January 14, 2016, 03:15:23 pm
Durham, Whitt, Hannahs, and Bell are fun to watch. They are very undersized and doing the best they can. Kingsley and the other bigs play very hard too. I am starting to actually say I am proud of what this rag tag team is doing and a .500 SEC record is not out of the question. This team is very unselfish and I am enjoying that aspect.

Honestly I'll be disappointed if they only manage to go .500 in the SEC, after this start.

WPWells

AirWarren

That bell turnover was costly.

Big blue comes to town Thursday.

mack

Quote from: AirWarren on January 16, 2016, 09:40:43 pm

At home it would have been s hacking foul.

ricepig

Quote from: mack on January 16, 2016, 10:04:27 pm

Tough loss, but we are playing a whole lot better than most, myself included, thought they would.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: ricepig on January 16, 2016, 10:29:53 pm
Quote from: mack on January 16, 2016, 10:04:27 pm

Tough loss, but we are playing a whole lot better than most, myself included, thought they would.
I have to agree. LSU isn't bad and we could have won in their house...

WPWells

I think we beat Kentucky on Thursday in the Bud

BrianfromCarlisle

Situational play at the end cost them. These guys are learning to play within their roles. But didn't then. Beard shoulda been catching inbound. Passing to Hannahs. Game won by hogs. But this team will play in NIT. And with better bench play has a legit shot at SEC tourney. But I think A&M is legit.

Romeo

Tough loss, but overall it was a good effort. Its always tough to win on the road. Kingsley has improved tremendously since last season but needs to box out on rebounds. The guards are being coached well. I like how they ball fake defenders at the three point line and move up for high percentage shots.

bdubyab60

Had a few careless turnovers down the stretch that cost us. A couple of chances to extend the lead we missed out on that would have sealed it as well. Tight game like this whoever makes those plays are going to win.

MA said the final went to perfection just missed the shot.

beach bum

Hogs cruising against the Volunteers tonight....

AirWarren

bdubyab60

Hard to believe that team came from 21 down and beat Kentucky

zebradynasty

Is it me or is the home crowds kinda tamed?

bdubyab60

Solid game though by the Hogs. Every win is a good win.

ricepig

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 06, 2016, 08:51:46 pm
Hard to believe that team came from 21 down and beat Kentucky

I can't see any way they could have.

AirWarren

Quote from: zebradynasty on February 06, 2016, 08:54:20 pm
Is it me or is the home crowds kinda tamed?

That's Fayetteville crowds. The wine and cheese types.

Aside from that. Big win for Arkansas. Very proud of the guys.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas